PDA

View Full Version : Trade idea

Brazil
11-19-2015, 11:17 AM
So I was reading some ST material this morning and I found a brilliant trade idea from one of the best poster of this site: 2ndPFGOAT (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8267152#post8267152) aka timvpdoy

For those who don't know who he is, he is the australian dude using the words wanker and pos like Harlem use tbh i.e at every punctuation, one the first and genuine Parker hater, banned from Spurs forum for a while and now posting under 2ndPFGOAT (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8267152#post8267152) , you have to read him like three or four times to have a vague idea of what he wants to say and overall 99% of his posts are total non sense.

So his idea would be to trade Green for Batum

discuss...

:lmao

SpursforSix
11-19-2015, 11:19 AM
So I was reading some ST material this morning and I found a brilliant trade idea from one of the best poster of this site: 2ndPFGOAT (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8267152#post8267152) aka timvpdoy

For those who don't know who he is, he is the australian dude using the words wanker and pos like Harlem use tbh i.e at every punctuation, one the first and genuine Parker hater, banned from Spurs forum for a while and now posting under 2ndPFGOAT (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8267152#post8267152) , you have to read him like three or four times to have a vague idea of what he wants to say and overall 99% of his posts are total non sense.

So his idea would be to trade Green for Batum

discuss...

:lmao

if they would also take Parker, I'm in.

hater
Not sure Green can be called better than Batum overall.

But IMO Green is better suited at guarding smaller PGs like Elian gonzales, etc. So no. No trade

lefty
Parker for JR SMith pls

Do it RC

hater
11-19-2015, 11:20 AM
I would do Batum for Rasual Butler or Ginobilli thou

Lostwingman
11-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Who would we have for transition D besides Kawhi if Green left?

Fireball
11-19-2015, 11:32 AM
I wish Batum would back up Kawhi, but I do not want to give up Green for him ... any other chance to nab him?

RD2191
11-19-2015, 11:43 AM
I'd trade Parker for Langston Galloway.

ElNono
11-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Parker-Fournier-Batum-Bobo-Noah?

Je suis France, tbh

Fireball
11-19-2015, 11:44 AM
batum is a fa end of the season...would he accept to come here to play on less then greens current income?

did he not tweet something like "this league" after we signed LMA? I doubt he does something similar as e.g. David West - no, I do not mean playing for the minimum, just for less than his value ...

SoonerSpur512
11-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Green is a made man in San Antonio. He's not going anywhere

ElNono
11-19-2015, 11:45 AM
:lol tbh, I don't remember many posters getting under Brazil skin over the years, but TDMVPDPOY manages...

K...
11-19-2015, 11:54 AM
What about his idea to trade kawhi for porzingas?

I actually like that idea iff Duncan had retired, lma didn't come. Basically I wouldn't want to waste kawhi on rebuilding and przingas is a good return for him. Discuss.

SpursforSix
11-19-2015, 12:23 PM
I'd trade Parker for Langston Galloway.

I'd trade Parker for a fart and a sandwich.

K...
11-19-2015, 12:27 PM
I'd trade Parker for a fart and a sandwich.

Man when does this get old? This was an tdmvp joke, then an fkla joke, then apo. You have this thing for recycling jokes

Fwiw I would trade Parker for Langston Gallo, he's a decent young prospect.

Brazil
11-19-2015, 12:40 PM
:lol tbh, I don't remember many posters getting under Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) skin over the years, but TDMVPDPOY manages...

:rolleyes

Brazil
11-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Brazil (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14466) rent free

:lol I know you are excited I'm paying a bit attention to you... since your return on the Spurs forum, I did not and it was making you sad... I'm a good person, I do my best to spread happiness

MVPCues
11-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Can we trade posters? Some would probably trade for a brief fart smell.

Mr Bones
11-19-2015, 12:52 PM
Batum is a free agent next summer and is good friends with Aldridge, Diaw, and Parker. The Spurs could potentially get him and either keep Green (I like that idea, since Batum could get minutes at both SF & SG, and Kawhi/Batum/Green would likely be the best 3 man swing player rotation in the NBA), or trade Green & another piece for a PG.

Brazil
11-19-2015, 01:03 PM
Those who could think to a trade like that are again not paying attention and don't remember that Batum had a terrible season last year

In Batum's favor he is indeed a more gifted offensive player that can create for himself BUT

- Batum contract is worth 46 M vs. 40 M for Danny, that's a significant difference.
- On defensive end, Batum is a good defender even tho overrated (btw this year he is defending for shit) but nothing close to be as good as Danny
- On 3 points there is a world between them
- Nic Batum tend to struggle in Play Offs
- He is more a SF than a SG
- He would a poor fit in the actual starting line up, he needs touches in offense and would add to the spacing issue Spurs have with starting line up

Since the beginning of the season, Danny is struggling a bit and Batum is having a good start so probably people are getting confused :lol

Brazil
11-19-2015, 01:05 PM

Je suis France, tbh

Vive la France
Vive la Republique

lefty
11-19-2015, 01:30 PM

Je suis France, tbh
That lineup can't play D tbh

SpursforSix
11-19-2015, 01:41 PM
Man when does this get old? This was an tdmvp joke, then an fkla joke, then apo. You have this thing for recycling jokes

Fwiw I would trade Parker for Langston Gallo, he's a decent young prospect.

that's all it is...a joke. I agree with you. Galloway is a solid young PG.

Brazil
11-19-2015, 02:20 PM
That lineup can't play D tbh

switch Noah for Gobert then you have something, Batum is above average, Bobo is bobo, Gobert is elite and Parker is playing good defense (don't shoot the messenger), fournier is not a black hole

lefty
11-19-2015, 02:46 PM
switch Noah for Gobert then you have something, Batum is above average, Bobo is bobo, Gobert is elite and Parker is playing good defense (don't shoot the messenger), fournier is not a black hole
You didnt get the joke

(which was de très mauvais goût , by the way)

Leetonidas
11-19-2015, 02:50 PM
The Asian Australian was the original Parker hater

Chinook
11-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Wouldn't trade Green for Batum. The Spurs are going to need as much cap as they can get in 2017, and Danny's flat contract is a great way to do that. The Spurs couldn't afford to keep much of their roster together and have more than $10 Million or so in cap space. If the projections are right, the Spurs will be one of the few teams limited to the MLE next summer.

Brazil
11-19-2015, 03:51 PM
You didnt get the joke

(which was de très mauvais goût , by the way)

oh

Brazil
11-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Wouldn't trade Green for Batum. The Spurs are going to need as much cap as they can get in 2017, and Danny's flat contract is a great way to do that. The Spurs couldn't afford to keep much of their roster together and have more than $10 Million or so in cap space. If the projections are right, the Spurs will be one of the few teams limited to the MLE next summer.

:tu

Brazil
11-19-2015, 03:54 PM
The Asian Australian was the original Parker hater

absolutely

he is consistent from day one

urunobili
11-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Bonner for Noah?

HI-FI
11-19-2015, 04:13 PM
TDMVPDPOY >>>> French Caliphate

Agloco
11-19-2015, 04:27 PM
:lol tbh, I don't remember many posters getting under Brazil skin over the years, but TDMVPDPOY manages...

He's right tho. You're usually pretty calm. In your defense it's hard to put up with fools like timvpdpoy.

GSH
11-19-2015, 05:39 PM
batum is a fine defender, he can score ...not a streaky shooter like green

Danny has gotten off to a bad start shooting. For their careers:

Danny shoots almost 60% (.595) of his shots from the 3P line, and he shoots .416 from the 3P line.
Batum shoots about 48% (.477) of his shots from the 3P line, and shoots .365 from the 3P line.

That's a HUGE difference. Danny's 3P% puts him in an elite group that can legitimately stretch defenses, because they can't afford to leave him alone out there.

Put another way, Danny's career True Shooting % is exactly equal to Kawhi's. And if you aren't familiar, TS% accounts for 2 and 3 point shots, but also free throws. And Danny doesn't get many FT's while sitting out on the 3P line. Last season, Danny was 33 in the league in TS% - Batum was 242.

The Spurs already lost Belinelli. So, yeah, what they really need to do is get rid of ALL their outside scoring threats, and just have guys who score inside. Who cares if the opposing defenses pack the paint?

Great trade idea. :rolleyes

SAGirl
11-19-2015, 05:54 PM
This is a fruitless discussion, like Chinook said we can't afford Batum and Danny won't be traded. He's family at this point. Batum will be paid more bc he's a more versatile player and is currently having games where he looks like Charlotte's best 1st or 2nd player, something you can't ever say about Danny. He gets the other teams best perimeter defender on him nightly and has a very significant offensive burden, which Danny doesn't have at all, not does he get the best defender on him. Very different players, both valuable, but Nic will get paid and fir the role he would play for us, maybe too much.

100%duncan
11-19-2015, 08:16 PM
I agree with Nono

Skoobz
11-20-2015, 12:37 AM
absolutely

he is consistent from day one

Apo and 2ndgoatfart cousins? Maybe.....

:bobo