PDA

View Full Version : Why LMA sits at the end of Spurs bench like some non-guaranteed contract scrub..

spursistan
11-19-2015, 02:04 PM
I'm not saying he's sulking, or he should be towel-waving instead; that has never been him apparently..But the body language is prone to lot of negative interpretation especially on off-nights..

Man, we acquired him to be, at worst, a second banana and the face of the franchise with Kawhi post-TD..David West look more lively out there getting up and High Fiving teammates and racing up to protect the ones who just got knocked down..

Just a remark i wanted to throw in and i think it is pertinent to the whole picture of rather uneasy integration process for Aldridge.

jag
11-19-2015, 02:11 PM
...more telling than the fact Aldridge never raised one particular name: Damian Lillard. Ultimately, this was the enigma of LaMarcus Aldridge. He wanted talent around him, but never too much that it might cast a shadow on his own marquee. Pleasing Aldridge was never easy, and nobody knew that better than the Portland Trail Blazers.

Aldridge loathed driving around Portland and seeing those Lillard billboards that adidas had mounted for him – even when the Blazers made Aldridge the centerpiece of every franchise marketing investment.

spursistan
11-19-2015, 02:15 PM
He better get under the wing of Duncan in practices and on personal level..His game has many holes..the screens; the empty barreling to basket while howling "hey..hey." like Boozer :lol etc....gotta learn some tricks/moves from GOAT PF..

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-19-2015, 02:26 PM
It's call frustration of his personal play. He missed like 5 5ft post hooks/jumpers last night. And he missed like 3/4 wide open 18/20 ft. Of the ten shots he missed, he should have made about half of them.

That is why he is frustrated. But don't worry, he will come around. It takes almost every Vet at the very least a 1/2 year to get comfortable in the Spurs System.

SAGirl
11-19-2015, 06:06 PM
I'm not saying he's sulking, or he should be towel-waving instead; that has never been him apparently..But the body language is prone to lot of negative interpretation especially on off-nights..

Man, we acquired him to be, at worst, a second banana and the face of the franchise with Kawhi post-TD..David West look more lively out there getting up and High Fiving teammates and racing up to protect the ones who just got knocked down..

Just a remark i wanted to throw in and i think it is pertinent to the whole picture of rather uneasy integration process for Aldridge.
If Kawhi was the new guy you would be thinking worse, since Kawhi seems antisocial, doesn't high five guys, rarely cheers for anybody, and is always aloof. I don't want to go to far with it, less it attracts some Kawhi hate crew that I am not part if,but you get my point. You are making too much out of nothing. His sitting in the back is expected when he's not expected to go back in, and Tim, and the other regular vets like to always sit next to the coaches.
Nothing to see here.

xtremesteven33
11-19-2015, 06:14 PM
He obviously has not found his rhythm yet. Im not worried about his basketball game meshing at some point. Hes a great player surrounded by even better players and staff. Theyll make sure his game translates. I am still kinda worried about his diva personality though. Hopefully these guys rub off on him and help him realize team is everything.

FkLA
11-19-2015, 07:01 PM
:lol There's things that slightly concern me (like being passive on offense) but sitting at the end of the bench isn't one of them. West sits at the end too.

Proxy
11-19-2015, 07:09 PM
There's a lot of expected of him and West. I'd assume they're being hard on themselves before assuming any diva behavior.

Going a step further, maybe they assume towel waving and not sitting at the end of the bench could come off as apathetic behavior to the team.

Mikeanaro
11-19-2015, 07:12 PM
HE HAS JUST RAISED THE WHITE FLAG MY SOURCES TELL ME!

dbreiden83080
11-19-2015, 07:59 PM
The great family dynamic he has around him, will get it all together..

dbreiden83080
11-19-2015, 08:02 PM
And honestly the fact that Kawhi is asserting himself as the best player on the team is the best thing that could have happened.

People wondered if he could take the next step, well he is taking it..