PDA

View Full Version : Fareed Zakaria destroys Hillary Clinton's Syria strategy...

in2deep
11-19-2015, 02:12 PM
:wow

During their exchange at the Council on Foreign Relations, Clinton noted that Assad "has killed far more Syrians than ISIS has to date."
This prompted Zakaria to ask a rather pointed question about how difficult it would be to stabilize Syria:

If the only way you could put together a moderate Syrian force is by having the United States cajole, bribe, arm, and train it. We are then looking for this force to defeat ISIS, then defeat Assad, then defeat al-Nusra,then defeat other al Qaeda affiliates, keep at bay the Shiite militias and Hezbollah, taken control of Damascus, and establish a pluralistic democracy in Syria. Isn't that kind of a tall order?

"Certainly described like that!" Clinton replied to laughs.

DMX7
11-19-2015, 03:03 PM
No one has a serious Syria strategy... especially republicans.

DMX7
11-19-2015, 03:07 PM
Republican strategy... as usual... is to shoot first, and ask questions later. No exit plan, no end game, no thought whatsoever. Sadly, Clinton shares some of their beliefs which is disappointing considering she's married to a good president who is smarter than that.

hater
11-19-2015, 07:53 PM
Hillary is the most dangerous Democratic candidate in a long while. At least Obama didn't come in the WH bloodthirsty.

I think Bills escapades have her raging mad at the world.

DMX7
11-19-2015, 07:59 PM
Hillary is the most dangerous Democratic candidate in a long while. At least Obama didn't come in the WH bloodthirsty.

Nearly all the crazy GOP candidates want full blown war.

hater
11-19-2015, 08:10 PM
True. Except for Trump and Paul.

DMX7
11-19-2015, 08:11 PM
Yes, and Paul is not a serious candidate

Nbadan
11-19-2015, 08:12 PM
Nearly all the crazy GOP candidates want full blown war.

Ouch...

https://media.giphy.com/media/o54Bpo69nkmD6/giphy.gif

hater
11-19-2015, 08:44 PM

Why?

rmt
11-20-2015, 02:54 AM

I think it's the opposite. Hillary is a liar - she'll say anything to get elected (expediency), but hopefully when elected, she move more to the center. Obama, otoh, is just plain crazy/devoid of reality - JV, contained, etc. Not that he doesn't lie too (you'll keep your plan, doctor, $2500 and I'm not an emperor/can't do executive order on immigration) but he really believes all the bs he spews.

rmt
11-20-2015, 02:56 AM
Why?

Repubs are too much for the military for Paul to have a lot of support. He polls poorly.

Othyus Lalanne
11-20-2015, 04:58 AM

How do we know at this point?

boutons_deux
11-20-2015, 06:16 AM
How do we know at this point?

how about his minuscule poll numbers?

and he got KY to change their law so he could run for Senator and for President. KY got jellied.

Othyus Lalanne
11-20-2015, 10:04 AM

and he got KY to change their law so he could run for Senator and for President. KY got jellied.

Trump's voters could be up for grabs if Trump drops out. We never know what will happen this election.

cheguevara
11-20-2015, 10:09 AM
Trump's voters could be up for grabs if Trump drops out. We never know what will happen this election.

and Carsons. Before its all said and done Trump and Carson's piece of the pie, which is >50% will belong to others

boutons_deux
11-20-2015, 10:11 AM

Trumps and Carson supporters are so anti-establishment, so pissed off, so anti-government (the way the Repugs have wanted), they may not vote at all if they can't have either of those two jerks.

and those supporters would fall to Krazy Kruz or Rubio before going for Wombat Hair.

DMX7
11-20-2015, 11:05 AM

This.

Othyus Lalanne
11-21-2015, 06:35 AM
Trumps and Carson supporters are so anti-establishment, so pissed off, so anti-government (the way the Repugs have wanted), they may not vote at all if they can't have either of those two jerks.

and those supporters would fall to Krazy Kruz or Rubio before going for Wombat Hair.
How do you know for sure?

rmt
11-21-2015, 05:54 PM

I don't think so. They are still republicans - just pissed off at the establishment. I think if it's a choice of any of the repubs and Hillary - they'll turn out. Would you believe she's running 2 ads on Obamacare - so out of touch - you have just to read the comment section on any left-wing/MSM article on Obamacare to see that it's killing middle class, working America. Even the dems are complaining.

Th'Pusher
11-21-2015, 06:02 PM
I don't think so. They are still republicans - just pissed off at the establishment. I think if it's a choice of any of the repubs and Hillary - they'll turn out. Would you believe she's running 2 ads on Obamacare - so out of touch - you have just to read the comment section on any left-wing/MSM article on Obamacare to see that it's killing middle class, working America. Even the dems are complaining.

Obamacacre hasn't affected me a bit. I still get insurance through my work like I always have. Premiums increase a little every year like they did before Obamacare.

rmt
11-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Obamacacre hasn't affected me a bit. I still get insurance through my work like I always have. Premiums increase a little every year like they did before Obamacare.

Good for you - for the rest of us - not so.

Th'Pusher
11-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Good for you - for the rest of us - not so.
How have you been affected?

rmt
11-21-2015, 10:15 PM
How have you been affected?

$1610/month to cover a family of 5 - higher deductible. I joined a health sharing ministry instead - am paying preventative screening myself. Would you believe only $80 cash for each: diagnostic mammogram and bilateral ultrasound.

Th'Pusher
11-21-2015, 10:33 PM
$1610/month to cover a family of 5 - higher deductible. I joined a health sharing ministry instead - am paying preventative screening myself. Would you believe only $80 cash for each: diagnostic mammogram and bilateral ultrasound.

What were you paying before?

rmt
11-22-2015, 01:26 AM
What were you paying before?

$975 at another company that contributed HSA $s - didn't choose the more expensive PPO. The $1610 is at recent company with no choice - my husband's portion doesn't meet ACA's 9.5% affordability rule. Of course, this stupid rule doesn't take into account the rest of the family - only the employee.

Th'Pusher
11-22-2015, 08:57 AM
$975 at another company that contributed HSA $s - didn't choose the more expensive PPO. The $1610 is at recent company with no choice - my husband's portion doesn't meet ACA's 9.5% affordability rule. Of course, this stupid rule doesn't take into account the rest of the family - only the employee.
What do you mean by, "this stupid rule doesn't take into account the rest of the family - only the employee"? If it's $1610 per month for the family and your husband's portion of that exceeds the 9.5% affordability he can purchase through the exchange. What am I missing?

boutons_deux
11-22-2015, 10:44 AM
9/11, Iraq, and Afghanistan proves the Repugs are really shitty at "keeping America safe", military governance, and geopolitics.

That goes also for the NSA, FBI, and CIA. If their lips are moving ...

btw, the Army has been lying about Syria, ISIS, and the US military's totally botched $50B training of the Iraqi Army:

Exclusive: 50 Spies Say ISIS Intelligence Was Cooked

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/09/exclusive-50-spies-say-isis-intelligence-was-cooked.html

rmt
11-22-2015, 02:58 PM
What do you mean by, "this stupid rule doesn't take into account the rest of the family - only the employee"? If it's $1610 per month for the family and your husband's portion of that exceeds the 9.5% affordability he can purchase through the exchange. What am I missing?

My husband's portion does not exceed 9.5% of his income. They do not take into account that he is the sole breadwinner for a family of 5 - that we have to cover 5 people not 1. Do they really expect us to spend $19,320/yr on premiums alone - not to mention the deductible. If not for this rule, he could buy on the exchange and probably get a subsidy (they consider that it's 5 of us).

Othyus Lalanne
11-22-2015, 06:28 PM
9/11, Iraq, and Afghanistan proves the Repugs are really shitty at "keeping America safe", military governance, and geopolitics.

That goes also for the NSA, FBI, and CIA. If their lips are moving ...

btw, the Army has been lying about Syria, ISIS, and the US military's totally botched $50B training of the Iraqi Army:

Exclusive: 50 Spies Say ISIS Intelligence Was Cooked

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/09/exclusive-50-spies-say-isis-intelligence-was-cooked.html

And why are the democrats better?

boutons_deux
11-22-2015, 08:31 PM
And why are the democrats better?

I didn't say they were.

Clinton didn't start any wars, Obama REALLY wanted to end Repug wars, but he's found that the Repug shitstorm is very severe and widespread, wars on non-state terrorists are extremely hard to win, and will certainly outlive his term and well into the next President's term(s). Thanks, Repugs

but if we go back far enough, it was the English, French, and USA screwing around in the Middle East in the 18th - 20th centuries that was the real seed of all the current disaster.

Limpballs is blaming ISIS on Obama, of course ignoring that ISIS arose out Saddam's Sunni army and administration, all "brilliantly" fired by Repug asshole Bremer.

Othyus Lalanne
11-23-2015, 04:28 PM
I didn't say they were.

Clinton didn't start any wars, Obama REALLY wanted to end Repug wars, but he's found that the Repug shitstorm is very severe and widespread, wars on non-state terrorists are extremely hard to win, and will certainly outlive his term and well into the next President's term(s). Thanks, Repugs

but if we go back far enough, it was the English, French, and USA screwing around in the Middle East in the 18th - 20th centuries that was the real seed of all the current disaster.

Limpballs is blaming ISIS on Obama, of course ignoring that ISIS arose out Saddam's Sunni army and administration, all "brilliantly" fired by Repug asshole Bremer.
Obama just might start WW3 with putting US special forces in the way of the Russians. What led Obama to the Libya nonsense?

boutons_deux
11-23-2015, 04:49 PM
Obama just might start WW3 with putting US special forces in the way of the Russians. What led Obama to the Libya nonsense?

Hillary apparently was the one who pushed very hard to intervention, regime change in Libya. Like all USA-forced regime changes, it worked out great.

Russia and USA aren't going to war, but keep scaring yourself, fights off the boredom of your pitiful life.

DMX7
11-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Hillary apparently was the one who pushed very hard to intervention, regime change in Libya. Like all USA-forced regime changes, it worked out great.

Russia and USA aren't going to war, but keep scaring yourself, fights off the boredom of your pitiful life.

What do you think about Hillary as a presidential candidate? I'm "blah" on her.

boutons_deux
11-23-2015, 07:04 PM
What do you think about Hillary as a presidential candidate? I'm "blah" on her.

she's 100% establishment, center right, making lefty noises to counter Bernie, but she won't do shit to help the 99%. Wall St owns her, made her and Bill wealthy

TheSanityAnnex
11-23-2015, 07:42 PM
fights off the boredom of your pitiful life.holy shit :lmao

rmt
11-23-2015, 07:43 PM
she's 100% establishment, center right, making lefty noises to counter Bernie, but she won't do shit to help the 99%. Wall St owns her, made her and Bill wealthy

Wow, boutons - another post I mostly agree with (everything except the center right). I'll add that she is a liar of the first order and says whatever she thinks will get her elected. I still prefer her to Obama though. He wants to fundamentally change America. She's just looking out for herself (and hopefully will go back to center LEFT when elected).

Othyus Lalanne
11-24-2015, 03:05 AM

So Obama is a pussy ordered around by Hillary? I am sure dead special forces would do a lot to deescalate the situation. Also why is the missile shield in Eastern Europe necessary?