PDA

View Full Version : Spurs on one day fantasy teams

SpursforSix
11-20-2015, 12:20 PM
I go with Leonard pretty frequently and he usually performs. Unless the Spurs are playing a shit team and are up by 20.
Pop bailed me out the other night when he put him back in the Philly game.

I try to use Mills once in a while as a value player but get burnt almost every time.

I've never used Parker but am giving him a shot tonight. Seems like good value and he's been pretty consistent I guess.

Anyone out there have any luck using Spurs? Seems like it's a crapshoot depending on what Pop is doing with them on any given night.

honestfool84
11-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Is that something like FanDuels or DraftKings? I've been interested in putting $100 or something and see what happens... Anybody actually make any money on there?

InRareForm
11-20-2015, 01:41 PM
In general spurs aren't great DFS players.... Kawhi/Aldridge can have some great stat lines, but a lot of high total DFS points come from scoring.

Usage % is valuable in DFS and a lot of sharing the ball takes away that.

Value is another story.... sometimes you can sneak in mills, duncan, ginobili and get some great value for their production relative to their price.

SpursforSix
11-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Is that something like FanDuels or DraftKings? I've been interested in putting $100 or something and see what happens... Anybody actually make any money on there?

I know several that are slightly ahead to doing pretty good.
The guy that does the best gets into the college football which he studies year round as a fan. He's won about $850 twice on $3.
Others that do well will play the double up games where about half of the entrants win.
I suck at it but it's fun and there's always that chance of catching all the right players and getting a nice payout.

SpursforSix
11-20-2015, 01:48 PM
In general spurs aren't great DFS players.... Kawhi/Aldridge can have some great stat lines, but a lot of high total DFS points come from scoring.

Usage % is valuable in DFS and a lot of sharing the ball takes away that.

Value is another story.... sometimes you can sneak in mills, duncan, ginobili and get some great value for their production relative to their price.

Every time I sneak in Mills, I lose. I had him in the other night and saw the score and figured they'd be resting Parker. Got home and turned the game on and it was so bad, even Mills was on the bench and McCallum was getting the time.
That being said, I got Mills in tonight. Had KL but figured this could be a blowout and the Spurs are playing tomorrow.

Any player that you always pick no matter what?

I have a hard time ever picking Westbrook. For the money and because it's Westbrook.

DrunkTXLabrat
11-20-2015, 03:35 PM
i've been getting into it for the last 2 seasons. i've played almost every night this year. i i once won 200$ on an nfl 2$ entry. and i won a d rose jersey, placing high, in a tourny during the playoffs last season. so far this year in nfl and nba, i've won $10, $15, $25, and $75 here and there. it's enough to keep playing without having to put more money in. hoping to hit the jackpot one night. i always tell people it's like the lottery except the numbers have personality. i expect to hit big one lucky reg season night or probably during the playoffs. That's where the players play and the lma's lma. much more predictable.

to respond to your point. you pretty much nailed it. Leonard is pretty consistent value. Mills is good for a spot play, if you know Manu or Tony is out. Timmy is a good value too, if you know he's going to play. I'd steer clear of pretty much everybody else. It's too bad the spurs don't milk Diaw and Anderson this year. It's pretty much why i hate them now. My best advice is to start watching the Warriors, Hawks, and Twolves. Those squads don't dick around as much, and the Hawks and Twolves have good value players. The Spurs are good value, but they're so difficult to predict. spineless ass over-thinkers, if you ask me.

HarlemHeat37
11-20-2015, 05:28 PM
I submit over 40 lineups per night, exlucing Thursdays, so ya, can't avoid having Spurs in them..

Kawhi is generally reliable and Parker has been good value, as of late, although his price went up..Manu has been amazing value, so far, and Duncan is usually reliable and under-owned..

Danny Green was one of the best overall value plays last year, his price was always low and he routinely out-performed his price and was under-owned..he's really cheap right now, due to his struggles, but I make sure to put him in a few lineups since he's eventually going to have a huge fantasy night with 3s/blocks/steals..