PDA

View Full Version : Well, on the bright side, Thunder lost at home to the Knicks

UNT Eagles 2016
11-20-2015, 11:01 PM
As long as we can stay ahead of those fuckers... tonight's game was awful, though. I think losing to an 1–11 team is a new low for the franchise.

Naturally some white trash scrub makes 6 threes and Ish Smith looks like Steph Curry against whoever's "guarding" him... I always say, protect the 3 first. Damn!

One of the most important takeaways from the first month of the season is that Diaw and West playing together are the Turd Towers all over again. Can't get a rebound, get attacked with brute force and length on defense, can't block shots, and don't have enough offensively to cancel out their weaknesses. I support using Boban with the second unit more often or making a trade (Anderson for a decent cheap tall big?) if Boban is indeed as fragile as Pop uses him as.

To me, Parker looked every bit of Enrique tonight. Selfish, missed a ton of easy shots, even got himself a technical foul at a critical juncture. Pretty bad. Aldridge and Kawhi were decent offensively, and the defense was atrocious from pretty much everyone.

Spurs need to wake up quickly before the season turns into a re-installment of 2010's 50–32 campaign with a few different actors. They really have been playing like gutless worms of late, succumbing to anyone who dares give them a challenge. Even the 76ers would have beat them in their own gym a few nights ago if they had hit a few more shots after they'd closed the lead to 4. Spurs are looking more like a middling team than a contender, which is painful to swallow considering this may be the big 3's last year together.

Bad taste going into the weekend, tbh.

Lostwingman
11-21-2015, 01:55 AM
Anderson isn't going anywhere, most likely any adjustments to our bigmen rotation is going to be just that, the rotation.

SAGirl
11-21-2015, 02:20 AM
I personally think Anderson will turn out to be a good player for us eventually, but I would not object to him being traded if it improves the team. The problem is that I don't think there is much of a market for him that is not of a player on equal footing.

Meaning we give up an undeveloped young project player, for another undeveloped young project, just at a different position and Pop will be equally reluctant to play said young player above the vets he has. Heck right now he doesn't even want to play our young project over Rasual.

Pop is not even playing Ray much, a guy that already has experience in the league. Any young project we get will go to the dleague.

Heck Pop is not playing Boban.

DAF86
11-21-2015, 02:22 AM
2nd seed is ours to lose.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-21-2015, 02:23 AM
I personally think Anderson will turn out to be a good player for us eventually, but I would not object to him being traded if it improves the team. The problem is that I don't think there is much of a market for him that is not of a player on equal footing.

Meaning we give up an undeveloped young project player, for another undeveloped young project, just at a different position and Pop will be equally reluctant to play said young player above the vets he has. Heck right now he doesn't even want to play our young project over Rasual.

Pop is not even playing Ray much, a guy that already has experience in the league. Any young project we get will go to the dleague.

Heck Pop is not playing Boban.
If we can get a 7' guy who isn't a pushover in the post, it'd be an upgrade from the Turd Towers, tbh. The guy won't even be expected to set screens, Diaw can do that and pop out to the 3 point line to boot. We just need someone who can physically hold their own against the tall brute centers of the league, and West is just too short and too old.

SAGirl
11-21-2015, 02:30 AM
If we can get a 7' guy who isn't a pushover in the post, it'd be an upgrade from the Turd Towers, tbh. The guy won't even be expected to set screens, Diaw can do that and pop out to the 3 point line to boot. We just need someone who can physically hold their own against the tall brute centers of the league, and West is just too short and too old.
I agree, I guess what I am saying is that Anderson alone is not going to get you a guy like that, unless he's a project himself and that means that the guy is going to be flawed for whatever reason and not ready to play.

The best candidate for waht you seem to want is Boban. Heck if you wanted a young project big, Milutinov is 20 and a 7 footer. It doesn't mean Pop will play him and so they left him in Europe instead of signing their rookie from this year.

This is Pop we are talking about. Now if you want a better guy, a more "seasoned" vet but who is not done, that is a different scenario and requires a trade package and you know how Pop and RC are about that. I think it will require a major skid, on line with the Rockets of late, for them to take a drastic route like that midseason.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-21-2015, 02:37 AM
I agree, I guess what I am saying is that Anderson alone is not going to get you a guy like that, unless he's a project himself and that means that the guy is going to be flawed for whatever reason and not ready to play.

The best candidate for waht you seem to want is Boban. Heck if you wanted a young project big, Milutinov is 20 and a 7 footer. It doesn't mean Pop will play him and so they left him in Europe instead of signing their rookie from this year.

This is Pop we are talking about. Now if you want a better guy, a more "seasoned" vet but who is not done, that is a different scenario and requires a trade package and you know how Pop and RC are about that. I think it will require a major skid, on line with the Rockets of late, for them to take a drastic route like that midseason.
I like Boban a lot, but I think Pop's scared to play him much because he thinks he'll get injured if you play him too long considering his height. Tomorrow he should get some minutes against the Grizzlies' fatasses though.

apalisoc_9
11-21-2015, 02:39 AM

daslicer
11-21-2015, 02:43 AM
Don't really care any more if the spurs lose or win. As odd as it sounds ever since 5 I felt the spurs are now playing with house money. Honestly I never thought the Spurs would still be considered an elite team this late in Duncan's career. I just enjoy the games now knowing this season or the next will be it for Duncan.

100%duncan
11-21-2015, 03:28 AM

Yup. Every team outside the warriors are sucking but we are not taking adv enough with 3 stupid losses

Fireball
11-21-2015, 05:20 AM
Fuck the bright side ... Spurs are the Evil Empire and I wanted them to stomp on a 1-11 team