missing anyone?

Chef Curry
11-21-2015, 04:01 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Splits
11-21-2015, 04:06 PM

Silver&Black
11-21-2015, 04:22 PM
Curry is so far out in front....the other 4 don't really matter.

RsxPiimp
11-21-2015, 04:38 PM
Porzingaas

spursistan
11-21-2015, 04:45 PM
Curry's to lose...Lebron second favorite..Kawhi sneaky unprobable pick..Feels like Clippers/Rockets/OKC record won't allow their best players to have crack at it..

apalisoc_9
11-21-2015, 04:47 PM

It does actually. Awards like these are 95% based of the last couple months of the season...voters are always bias towards the latter quarter or the last 25 games of the season. Players who are hovering around the top 5 mark by the end of january will have a chance provided they outplay the other candidates or their team wins and go on a streak.

So far the real top (not the top 5 you see in op ) since hes a moron are Curry,Griffin,Lebron,Kawhi,..people will look at the thunder record with KD and realize westbrook is not MVP material.

I highly doubt the Pacers win enough games but George is playing amazing basketball. Hes regressed defensively, but the offense is there..

KD and Westbrook will share votes. They wont win..

All Lebron, Griffin, Leonard have to do is play at their pace and hope for run of wins and the warriors falter somehow. Griffin and Kawhi will need to have their teams above the warriors to have a chance but thats unlikely.

Lebron is the only one that can win it without having a better team record.

Team record is like 50% of the mvp race tbh.

spursistan
11-21-2015, 04:53 PM
If Kawhi shuts down Curry or make him spit out inefficient games in our 3 matchups in March/April, i could see him make his way up in the final MVP ranking..Spurs will probably have to be in 60s win total for him to sway final votes..But it just dificult to wrest it away from Curry..Dubs are a lock to win 65-67 games, tbh..

apalisoc_9
11-21-2015, 04:58 PM
If Kawhi shuts down Curry or make him spit out inefficient games in our 3 matchups in March/April, i could see him make his way up in the final MVP ranking..Spurs will probably have to be in 60s win total for him to sway final votes..But it just dificult to wrested away from Curry..Dubs are a lock to win 65-67 games, tbh..

Kawhi wont win even if they beat the warriors 4 times. Thats not enough. The unlikely will have to happen and thats finishing number 1 in the west for him to have a realisitic chance..Same thing with griffin.

Lebron is the only guy that can afford to not win as many games and still have a shot provided he outplays curry post all star regardless of record. He has the Irving was injured narrative going for him.

Seriously though, the likely result isnthe warriors finish top seed. And curry will be -5000 favourit if that happens lol.

Kawhitstorm
11-21-2015, 05:32 PM
The Warriors look average when Curry is off the court & unbeatable when he's on the court. I believe the difference is 15 pts per 100 possessions, nuff said.

Kawhitstorm
11-21-2015, 05:34 PM
Kawhi wont win even if they beat the warriors 4 times. Thats not enough. The unlikely will have to happen and thats finishing number 1 in the west for him to have a realisitic chance..Same thing with griffin.

Lebron is the only guy that can afford to not win as many games and still have a shot provided he outplays curry post all star regardless of record. He has the Irving was injured narrative going for him.

Seriously though, the likely result isnthe warriors finish top seed. And curry will be -5000 favourit if that happens lol.

The only other person that has a chance of finishing SECOND besides LeBron is Westbrook if Durant is out & OKC wins 50+ games.

weeks
11-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Magic...smh...how does someone so good at the sport of basketball have such shitty takes

Kawhitstorm
11-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Magic...smh...how does someone so good at the sport of basketball have such shitty takes

He's basically the basketball version of the Rain Man

apalisoc_9
11-21-2015, 05:52 PM
The only other person that has a chance of finishing SECOND besides LeBron is Westbrook if Durant is out & OKC wins 50+ games.

Westbrook has zero chance. Their record without Durant is a mess. Not to mention, hes going to share credit with Durant who many people consider a top 3 player in the league.

Lebron is the only legit contender. Guys like kawhi, Griffin have zero chance this year unless their team miraculously finish 5 games above the warriors. Thats not going to happen. Its curry to lose. Lebron will rest. Doubt he cares about mvp anymore.

td4mvp2k
11-21-2015, 05:57 PM
- Steph Curry
- Jimmy Butler
- Kawhi Leonard
- Andre Drummond
- LeBron James

missing anyone?
I dont see Cum on this list...

apalisoc_9
11-21-2015, 06:09 PM
I dont see Cum on this list...

He already swalloed it.

RsxPiimp
11-21-2015, 06:28 PM
Honestly though, it's 2006 Nash all over again. The media already locked up their MVP votes for Curry. Lebron's not going to win it, he's been on a steady decline and it's unlikely he goes through another beast mode streak.

When it comes to elite players vying for MVP award, it's all about narratives. The feel good story of the year sort of thing and Curry embodies the golden standard of what the MVP from the media should be.

FkLA
11-21-2015, 06:32 PM
1. Curry

2. LeBron
3. Kawhi

~O~
11-21-2015, 06:36 PM
Curry...and its not even unfathomably close. In fact, Curry is at Episolon Aurigae B right now while everyone else is just passing the moon.

Why even mention the second place people. Shit already doesn't matter.

Cry Havoc
11-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Honestly though, it's 2006 Nash all over again. The media already locked up their MVP votes for Curry. Lebron's not going to win it, he's been on a steady decline and it's unlikely he goes through another beast mode streak.

When it comes to elite players vying for MVP award, it's all about narratives. The feel good story of the year sort of thing and Curry embodies the golden standard of what the MVP from the media should be.

The fuck are you talking about?

Curry had a PER of 52 through the first 6 games of the season. He's almost doubled the # of 3s made by the next player in the league and has a chance at scoring 35ppg on 45% shooting from the field.

The fuck does narratives have to do with this? Have you watched a single Dubs game all season? He's been the best player in the NBA by a huge margin. There isn't even anyone else in the conversation right now because he's been that good.

RsxPiimp
11-21-2015, 07:02 PM
The fuck are you talking about?

Curry had a PER of 52 through the first 6 games of the season. He's almost doubled the # of 3s made by the next player in the league and has a chance at scoring 35ppg on 45% shooting from the field.

The fuck does narratives have to do with this? Have you watched a single Dubs game all season? He's been the best player in the NBA by a huge margin. There isn't even anyone else in the conversation right now because he's been that good.

You missed my point. Also Curry is NOT the best player in the league but he's close (Lebron gets the nod for all he does on both ends on the court) being the best isn't usually enough to bag the MVP award, if it was Lebron should've won more. It's a media driven award for a reason.

benefactor
11-21-2015, 07:09 PM
tbh

Cry Havoc
11-21-2015, 07:16 PM
You missed my point. Also Curry is NOT the best player in the league but he's close (Lebron gets the nod for all he does on both ends on the court) being the best isn't usually enough to bag the MVP award, if it was Lebron should've won more. It's a media driven award for a reason.

This year, Curry has been a much better player than LeBron. Period. It's not even close.

baseline bum
11-21-2015, 07:19 PM
It does actually. Awards like these are 95% based of the last couple months of the season...voters are always bias towards the latter quarter or the last 25 games of the season. Players who are hovering around the top 5 mark by the end of january will have a chance provided they outplay the other candidates or their team wins and go on a streak.

Seems like the exact opposite to me, that MVP is usually determined pretty early on. Otherwise how does Malone win over Duncan in 1999 when the Jazz fell way down to Earth while the Spurs became unstoppable? Or Iverson over O'Neal in 2001 even though the Lakers were murdering the rest of the league by the end of the season?

RsxPiimp
11-21-2015, 07:22 PM
It's such a small sample tbh but Curry will eventually get there. We've yet to see how he'll adjust once injuries starts plaguing the Warriors. Lebron can still be the best player in multiple positions and dominate at will.

rasuo214
11-21-2015, 07:25 PM
The thing is Curry is extremely unlikely to maintain his current efficiency. So we'll see what happens when he likely has a down period. He's still by far the favorite right now but it's a long season.

RsxPiimp
11-21-2015, 07:31 PM
Seems like the exact opposite to me, that MVP is usually determined pretty early on. Otherwise how does Malone win over Duncan in 1999 when the Jazz fell way down to Earth while the Spurs became unstoppable? Or Iverson over O'Neal in 2001 even though the Lakers were murdering the rest of the league by the end of the season?

"I'm still the same person, but I'm older, I'm wiser and I'm more mature" Iverson said. "I had to look in the mirror and see things I didn't do right as a person or a player. I promised myself when I look in the mirror after this season, I'll know I did everything right."

Narratives tbh. media eats this up :lol

~O~
11-21-2015, 07:33 PM
Why...should injuries plaguing the Warriors matter when they haven't had any injuries plaguing them? The Had Bogut and Livingston out and it didn't matter. They still won games. How does this at all take away from what Curry has already done. I don't simple see how you can deny anything to a guy on his worst nights that can score 23 to 35 points and win games at half time..and who's team is undefeated. The Warriors are so elite that they make other teams look like fringe playoff mediocre teams. That's what being the best gets you.

Maybe the moment is too surreal for some of you that are use to witnessing throughout the 2000's and on..James, San An, Dallas, Lakers, that you can't fucking accept a new team and player being elite. His existence and capabilities are an anomally to you all that provokes your delusions. You guys are still holding on the LeBron being the best player in the league. Jesus. I'm done.

RsxPiimp
11-21-2015, 07:43 PM
Why...should injuries plaguing the Warriors matter when they haven't had any injuries plaguing them?
It matters because we're putting Curry on this pedestal when he hasn't been fully tested yet. He wasn't even the best player in his team in the Finals, so it's not unreasonable to cast doubts on this claim that he's unequivocally the best player in the league.

Lebron still does more with less help and he's actually a two way player.

apalisoc_9
11-21-2015, 08:10 PM

There must have been a narrative there tbh..the recipe is always narative, record and then performance.

Kawhitstorm
11-21-2015, 08:41 PM
Westbrook has zero chance. Their record without Durant is a mess. Not to mention, hes going to share credit with Durant who many people consider a top 3 player in the league.

Lebron is the only legit contender. Guys like kawhi, Griffin have zero chance this year unless their team miraculously finish 5 games above the warriors. Thats not going to happen. Its curry to lose. Lebron will rest. Doubt he cares about mvp anymore.

I specifically stated "if Durant is out" as in out for the season & they win 50+ games.

apalisoc_9
11-21-2015, 09:05 PM
I specifically stated "if Durant is out" as in out for the season & they win 50+ games.

My bad :lol

Not going to happen though

DMC
11-21-2015, 09:45 PM
- Steph Curry

missing anyone?
no

weeks
11-22-2015, 12:29 AM
i wish it wasn't weighted so much towards offense but that's the NBA

even if it was 50/50, his offense is so lights out...i just can't see anyone beating curry for mvp. best player on the best team by far...assuming he keeps this up

btw..it doesn't matter if you hate the dubs or not ...if you're not watching curry right now, you're missing out on something historic. players like this don't come around very often.