PDA

View Full Version : can we afford to sit Manu out a few games a week if he continues to play well?

TMTTRIO
11-21-2015, 11:09 PM
He continues to play well everytime he comes back after a few days of rest. Might not be a bad idea.

Mikeanaro
11-21-2015, 11:12 PM
Afford? No, of course they can sit Manu but afford it? empty pockets.

apalisoc_9
11-21-2015, 11:12 PM
Against shitty teams, sure...otherwise no.

loveforthegame
11-21-2015, 11:14 PM
I think you have to take the chance to keep him as rested and healthy as possible for the playoffs. Hopefully the schedule is favorable to do so against the bottom tier teams.

kaji157
11-21-2015, 11:16 PM
You have to do it.It doesn´t matter who you play, right now is our most consistent player.

Raven
11-21-2015, 11:17 PM
yes.

ElNono
He's going to be missing back to backs from here on out, I believe... he'll be really missed when we play on the road... hopefully the team keeps improving so he'll be missed much less..

100%duncan
Gotta pick games carefully. 2nd seed is ours to lose

UNT Eagles 2016
11-21-2015, 11:24 PM
Gotta pick games carefully. 2nd seed is ours to lose

It's more important that we make sure and get HCA over Cleveland tbh. Beating the Warriors is all nice and well but if we give Lebron HCA over us again it'll be the same outcome as in 2013.

100%duncan
11-21-2015, 11:26 PM
It's more important that we make sure and get HCA over Cleveland tbh. Beating the Warriors is all nice and well but if we give Lebron HCA over us again it'll be the same outcome as in 2013.

Ehhh for 1.) Lebron tends to coast a lot in the RS 2.) I think cleveland isnt really a threat right now

UNT Eagles 2016
11-21-2015, 11:28 PM
Ehhh for 1.) Lebron tends to coast a lot in the RS 2.) I think cleveland isnt really a threat right now

You're fooling yourself big time :lol Lebron will be in the thick of the battle come June, that's a bigger guarantee than Hillary Clinton winning the presidency.

DMC
11-21-2015, 11:29 PM
Well sure we can.

It doesn't matter what happens right now. At the end of the season we need healthy bodies who are in tune with one another and with Pop's system. That won't happen until the RRT, so right now there's no need to get someone injured or wear anyone out just to stay 4 or so games up on the 4th seed. It doesn't make sense.

100%duncan
11-21-2015, 11:30 PM
You're fooling yourself big time :lol Lebron will be in the thick of the battle come June, that's a bigger guarantee than Hillary Clinton winning the presidency.

How? Lebron being a god in June is a given. But we match up better with them than we matchup with gsw.

Blue Duck
11-21-2015, 11:36 PM
I was wondering if someone would start this thread. Man, he looks awesome when rested. Don't know the best way to deal with this issue, logic dictates you rest him against the cellar dwellers, but it seems the spurs struggle even against the scrubs without his play making. On another note, hope tonight is a confidence builder for KA who appears to have some big time play making potential of his own.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-21-2015, 11:36 PM
How? Lebron being a god in June is a given. But we match up better with them than we matchup with gsw.

HCA team in the Finals is at an enormous advantage... we can ill-afford to not have HCA against the Cavs who thrive at the Q.

Spurtacular
11-21-2015, 11:58 PM
It may become logical at some point, the more entrenched the Spurs become in the 2 Seed.

TMTTRIO
11-23-2015, 11:40 PM
I think it's time to shut him down for a while. I noticed tonight he was grimacing a lot. At one point the trainer was with him giving some kind of treatment and he was running on the sidelines during timeouts. It's not good to have him out there if he's hurt.

SAGirl
11-24-2015, 12:23 AM
I think it's time to shut him down for a while. I noticed tonight he was grimacing a lot. At one point the trainer was with him giving some kind of treatment and he was running on the sidelines during timeouts. It's not good to have him out there if he's hurt.

He needs to play to keep his rhythm, but he started off poorly and didn't get hot until the end. He was playing very intensely on Defense and even when he made some mistakes early he didn't loose his focus, but 20 mins is right where you would want him, and some games he was playing 24 and wanting to push through pain. Pop being careful with him though. That's why I suspect we saw a little of Simmons tonight.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-24-2015, 04:26 AM
I'd rest him at Denver and keep him fresh for Atlanta.

Also, there's a good chance Dallas might rest a few guys on wednesday since it's a b2b - they play @Memphis first, which is a more important and winnable game for them. They've already done it @Houston. If they do the same, I'd rest Manu against them too and this would give him 4 full days of rest.

spursistan
11-24-2015, 12:53 PM
I would rest Manu the second night of B2B vs Atlanta at home..Gino is more valuable on the road and that bench has looked clueless without him outside the confines of AT&T..Plus, Denver are not a total doormat, they are scrappy and and their scrubs could explode into fatal unanswered runs on our second unit ..

kaji157
11-25-2015, 07:55 AM
I'd rest him at Denver and keep him fresh for Atlanta.

Also, there's a good chance Dallas might rest a few guys on wednesday since it's a b2b - they play @Memphis first, which is a more important and winnable game for them. They've already done it @Houston. If they do the same, I'd rest Manu against them too and this would give him 4 full days of rest.

Cuban would not allow to rest anyone against us. Even more now that they lost to memphis.

Fireball
11-25-2015, 08:21 AM
Cuban would not allow to rest anyone against us. Even more now that they lost to memphis.

at least Parsons will rest ... he has a minutes restriction and Carlisle only plays him in one game of a b2b ...its not Cuban's call

Manu should not make the trip to Denver tbh ...

hater
11-25-2015, 08:33 AM
If we need Manu to get anywhere then we are in a world of shit and might as well tank.

ceperez
11-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Spurs can afford to put Manu on ice for 2/3rd of the regular season.

I would rather Spurs have a lower record than a spent Manu come playoff time. The dude is 38 years old!!

ceperez
11-25-2015, 10:48 AM

What the hell????? What's the point of playing him hurt!

ceperez
11-25-2015, 10:50 AM
I was wondering if someone would start this thread. Man, he looks awesome when rested. Don't know the best way to deal with this issue, logic dictates you rest him against the cellar dwellers, but it seems the spurs struggle even against the scrubs without his play making. On another note, hope tonight is a confidence builder for KA who appears to have some big time play making potential of his own.

I disagree. Doesn't matter who Spurs are playing against. Manu needs rest.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-25-2015, 11:35 AM
It's just the regular season...that's like practice in most leagues. No one even watches the regular season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-26-2015, 03:01 AM
Sit Manu and Tim @Denver. Next week is very very tough, give them some rest.

spursistan
11-26-2015, 01:57 PM
The Hawks have been kind of struggling this season and will be on back-to-back themselves on Sat..I would rather have Manu sit that one out..he is going to be more valuable on the road and i expect a better outing from the career Denver-killer....might as well monitor Timmy minutes vs Nuggets if you are going to play him the day after from long trip..