PDA

View Full Version : Alabama has beaten nobody

Splits
11-22-2015, 12:55 AM
... and lost to a team that lost to Memphis, got pounded by Florida (:lmao Florida Atlantic), and lost to Arkansas.

What ranked team have they beaten?

FkLA
11-22-2015, 02:01 AM
Baylor lost to OU, who lost to UT, who got shut out by Iowa State, who lost to a MAC team

Avante
11-22-2015, 03:27 AM
Wow.

SMU
Lamar
Rice
Texas Tech
Kansas
West Virginia
Iowa St
Kansas St
Oklahoma

Now compare that to...

Wisconsin
Mississippi
Georgia
Arkansas
Tex A&M
Tennessee
LSU
Miss St

Whole other deal isn't it?

Splits
11-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Baylor lost to OU, who lost to UT, who got shut out by Iowa State, who lost to a MAC team

I wasn't playing 6 degrees of separation. Also not comparing to Baylor. Alabama lost to an unranked team, and has only beat one ranked team.

Splits
11-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Wow.

SMU
Lamar
Rice
Texas Tech
Kansas
West Virginia
Iowa St
Kansas St
Oklahoma

Now compare that to...

Wisconsin
Mississippi
Georgia
Arkansas
Tex A&M
Tennessee
LSU
Miss St

Whole other deal isn't it?

Wasn't comparing to Baylor, but why did you omit?

Middle Tennessee
Louisiana Monroe
Charleston Southern

Oh, wait, I know why. Because you're a dishonest pedo faggot.

Also, maybe one of those wins are against ranked teams.

Obstructed_View
11-22-2015, 02:23 PM

Middle Tennessee
Louisiana Monroe
Charleston Southern

Comparing each schedule without the creampuffs, the main difference in the SoS is the massive overranking of the SEC teams at the time of the games. Texas Tech beat the Hogs in Fayetteville, so I'm not seeing the whole other deal.

Blake
11-22-2015, 03:26 PM
And okie beating Tennessee on the road too.

Massive over ranking of the SEC. But perception always beats reality.

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Comparing each schedule without the creampuffs, the main difference in the SoS is the massive overranking of the SEC teams at the time of the games. Texas Tech beat the Hogs in Fayetteville, so I'm not seeing the whole other deal.

Stop it. Statistical data on College Football Reference has Bama as the top team in the country right now. Their SoS is 22nd, and the SEC is ranked number one though the Big 10 is not far behind.

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 05:43 PM
And okie beating Tennessee on the road too.

Massive over ranking of the SEC. But perception always beats reality.

The SEC isn't as dominant this season, but still the best overall conference though the Big 10 is a close number two.

Oklahoma is a top 4 team overall so they should beat a team like Tennessee even if its on the road.

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 05:53 PM

Middle Tennessee
Louisiana Monroe
Charleston Southern

Rankings are arbitary. It doesn't accurately rate the top 25. Reporters and coaches are retard when comparing with actual data like strength of schedule and margin of victory.

College Football Reference bases its ratings on those two metrics and if you look at their top 25, Bama has beaten 3 teams with Wisconsin barely missing at 26. If you do top 30, Bama has beaten 5 of those teams.

Baylor has beaten one team in the top 30, Oklahoma has beaten 3, Oklahoma State has beaten one, and TCU no one.

Oklahoma has an argument for a top 4 spot as well with their overall dominance.

Silver&Black
11-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Stop it. Statistical data on College Football Reference has Bama as the top team in the country right now. Their SoS is 22nd, and the SEC is ranked number one though the Big 10 is not far behind.

Alabama's SoS is 22nd? I can't remember if it was last week or the week before....but the playoff committee had them with the 3rd SoS.

Did the Charleston Southern game really drop them that many spots?

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Alabama's SoS is 22nd? I can't remember if it was last week or the week before....but the playoff committee had them with the 3rd SoS.

Did the Charleston Southern game really drop them that many spots?

It's 22nd on College Football Reference. But that's pretty high overall compared to the rest of the contenders outside of Michigan State and Notre Dame who are 9th and 15th respectively.

I think ULM, Charleston Southern, and Middle Tennessee State hurts them overall. But they have more wins against the top 30 list on that site compared to the rest of the contenders. Plus they're ranked number one overall. Clemson is 2nd, then OU, and Ohio State is 4th.

Blake
11-22-2015, 09:03 PM
The SEC isn't as dominant this season, but still the best overall conference though the Big 10 is a close number two.

Oklahoma is a top 4 team overall so they should beat a team like Tennessee even if its on the road.

The sec east blows. Very badly.

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 09:13 PM
The sec east blows. Very badly.

Not as bad as last year. Probably average now.

But the SEC is down outside of Alabama. The gap is small between all the P5 conferences this year. Not one dominant conference.

Blake
11-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Not as bad as last year. Probably average now.

But the SEC is down outside of Alabama. The gap is small between all the P5 conferences this year. Not one dominant conference.

I think the Pac might be the overall best conference even without one really dominant team.

Obstructed_View
11-22-2015, 09:19 PM
Statistical formulas are only as good as the numbers that are entered into it, and the numbers are only as reliable as the people who come up with them. If you understand that what you're calling statistical data is math formulas based on a FPI that had 11 SEC teams in the top 28 and a top 25 with eight SEC teams in it, then you understand how subjective it actually is. This is how you end up with four SEC teams with a combined 11 losses ahead of Oklahoma State in the FPI as of today. Because it's a math formula you can see how far off the initial numbers were three months later. You have metrics like Strength of Record and Game Control, but the voters and experts can talk down one if it's not convenient, like if teams they don't want suddenly appear at the top of one but not the other.

Seriously, the fact that the Big Ten is ranked close to the SEC pretty much proves the bias. It's how an undeserving team got into the playoff last year and actually ended up winning.

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 10:30 PM
Statistical formulas are only as good as the numbers that are entered into it, and the numbers are only as reliable as the people who come up with them. If you understand that what you're calling statistical data is math formulas based on a FPI that had 11 SEC teams in the top 28 and a top 25 with eight SEC teams in it, then you understand how subjective it actually is. This is how you end up with four SEC teams with a combined 11 losses ahead of Oklahoma State in the FPI as of today. Because it's a math formula you can see how far off the initial numbers were three months later. You have metrics like Strength of Record and Game Control, but the voters and experts can talk down one if it's not convenient, like if teams they don't want suddenly appear at the top of one but not the other.

Seriously, the fact that the Big Ten is ranked close to the SEC pretty much proves the bias. It's how an undeserving team got into the playoff last year and actually ended up winning.

I'm not even talking about the FPI. I'm talking about College Football Reference which is based on basically strength of schedule and margin of victory.

I don't know why you think Oklahoma State was deserving to be so high in the first place when their resume was pretty shitty outside of a blowout win over an overrated TCU team. Their OOC was shitty, they barely beat 3 shitty teams in Texas, K-State, and Iowa State, and just got dominated at home against Baylor. Sorry, but OSU was never a serious candidate.

And don't give me this crap about Ohio State not deserving to be in. Their strength of schedule was higher than TCU and much higher than Baylor and had only one loss like both of those teams. TCU had a legitimate argument against Ohio State last season since they were a bonafide top 5 team, but Baylor's resume didn't quite matchup to TCU or Ohio State. What hurt TCU was losing the tiebreaker to Baylor.

In general, all 5 conferences have been pretty equal this season. An undefeated Big 12 team would have gotten this year, and Oklahoma has a good chance to get in this year which would be fair since they're not only the best team in Big 12, but they're one of the best 4 teams in the country right now.

However, Michigan State will have a good argument if they win out having wins over Oregon, Michigan, Ohio St and potentially Iowa on their resume.

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 10:36 PM
I think the Pac might be the overall best conference even without one really dominant team.

The Pac-12 has improved during the season, but their out of conference hurt them Oregon and Stanford losing to Big 12 teams, WASU losing to Portland St, USC getting pounded at Notre Dame, Washington losing at Boise, and ASU losing against A&M. Also teams have been up and down throughout the season, plus you add in two horrible teams like Colorado and Oregon State and that's hurt the overall statistical ranking. Their just below the Big 10 making them 3rd.

The Big 10 has been surprisingly good this year with not just Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State, but also Northwestern, Wisconsin, and Penn State are solid teams. They do have two shitty teams in Maryland and Purdue.

Blake
11-22-2015, 10:40 PM
Neh, disagree.

Pelicans78
11-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Neh, disagree.

They have only one team with two or less losses. Really only have 6 good teams. Everyone else is average or worse.

Silver&Black
11-23-2015, 12:13 AM
What's the end game here? Anybody gonna come out and say that Alabama doesn't deserve a spot in the playoff?

They're one of the best four teams in the country right now.....if you disagree with me.....name me four better teams.

:lol in advance if you say Iowa

Avante
11-23-2015, 12:30 AM
Only a total idiot wouldn't have Bama in the top 4.

That defense/Derrick Henry is college football.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm not even talking about the FPI. I'm talking about College Football Reference which is based on basically strength of schedule and margin of victory.
Strength of schedule is a calculated stat, either calculated based on ranking or winning percentage. Conferences with more teams that don't play everyone are at an advantage for winning percentage, so it's not a good measuring stick.

I don't know why you think Oklahoma State was deserving to be so high in the first place when their resume was pretty shitty outside of a blowout win over an overrated TCU team.
They were undefeated. How quickly we forget the skull fucking TCU gave Ole Miss, but somehow the Frogs are the ones that are overrated.

Their OOC was shitty, they barely beat 3 shitty teams in Texas, K-State, and Iowa State, and just got dominated at home against Baylor. Sorry, but OSU was never a serious candidate.
Not being a serious candidate, whatever that means exactly, is irrelevant. The four two-loss and three-loss SEC teams that were ranked ahead of OKC aren't serious candidates either, but Oklahoma State is better than all of them.

And don't give me this crap about Ohio State not deserving to be in. Their strength of schedule was higher than TCU and much higher than Baylor and had only one loss like both of those teams. TCU had a legitimate argument against Ohio State last season since they were a bonafide top 5 team, but Baylor's resume didn't quite matchup to TCU or Ohio State. What hurt TCU was losing the tiebreaker to Baylor.
I disagree with the result, but as I've explained, I can't argue strength of schedule based on winning percentage. There's no way for a ten-team conference who plays everyone to EVER compete if that's how the formula's calculated, because they're going to statistically have the exact same number of losses every year.

In general, all 5 conferences have been pretty equal this season. An undefeated Big 12 team would have gotten this year, and Oklahoma has a good chance to get in this year which would be fair since they're not only the best team in Big 12, but they're one of the best 4 teams in the country right now.

However, Michigan State will have a good argument if they win out having wins over Oregon, Michigan, Ohio St and potentially Iowa on their resume.

I'm unsure how Oklahoma gets such respect when nobody else in the entire conference does, no matter what they do. I guess I should be glad.

Obstructed_View
11-23-2015, 08:49 PM
Only a total idiot wouldn't have Bama in the top 4.

That defense/Derrick Henry is college football.

As everyone has been saying since the Ole Miss game. "Yeah, they have a loss, but have you seen that talent?" :lol

spankadelphia
11-24-2015, 11:36 PM
Nick Saban has officially made the SEC his bitch. Florida, LSU, Auburn, and even Georgia were all competing for championships when he arrived in Tuscaloosa. He has laid waste to the depth charts at all of these programs with his mega recruiting. Now only Bama remains.

Motherfucker.

Obstructed_View
11-26-2015, 05:58 AM
Nick Saban has officially made the SEC his bitch. Florida, LSU, Auburn, and even Georgia were all competing for championships when he arrived in Tuscaloosa. He has laid waste to the depth charts at all of these programs with his mega recruiting. Now only Bama remains.

Motherfucker.

Wasn't he the one who made LSU into a contender?

Splits
11-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Wasn't he the one who made LSU into a contender?

:lolSU

Terrible team

spankadelphia
11-26-2015, 02:23 PM
:lolA Gaylor fan talking shit about LSU.

Win something already. Shit or get off the pot.