PDA

View Full Version : BPI predicts that the Warriors will lose BOTH games at the Alamo

Kawhitstorm
11-22-2015, 11:04 PM
The Warriors are currently BPI favorites in 65 of their 67 remaining games. The only two times they won't be favorites? The two games in San Antonio!:toast

The first of meeting isn't until March 19 -- the Warriors' 69th game of the season. Silver protecting the darlings of the NBA.:lol

FYI: Team Duncan hasn't lost a regular season game to the Warriors since he was drafted!:wow

daslicer
11-22-2015, 11:14 PM
The Warriors are currently BPI favorites in 65 of their 67 remaining games. The only two times they won't be favorites? The two games in San Antonio!:toast

The first of meeting isn't until March 19 -- the Warriors' 69th game of the season. Silver protecting the darlings of the NBA.:lol

FYI: Team Duncan hasn't lost a regular season game to the Warriors since he was drafted!:wow

This is true but the current batch of warriors won in the playoffs in SA a few years ago so I don't think they are phased by not winning a regular season game over there.

SpursFan86
Silver protecting the darlings of the NBA.:lol

If anything that helps us :lol By that time we'll hopefully have LMA almost completely integrated into the system, and should be playing some of our best basketball of the season.

It's definitely to our advantage that we play them later in the season once we've developed some chemistry as opposed to early on while we're still experiencing growing pains.

apalisoc_9
Tbh, whats BPI?

Spurtacular
11-22-2015, 11:20 PM

You mean at home in the regular season.

Spurtacular
11-22-2015, 11:20 PM
Tbh, whats BPI?

Spare us the show. We know you posted the OP.

Spurtacular
11-22-2015, 11:22 PM
If anything that helps us :lol By that time we'll hopefully have LMA almost completely integrated into the system, and should be playing some of our best basketball of the season.

It's definitely to our advantage that we play them later in the season once we've developed some chemistry as opposed to early on while we're still experiencing growing pains.

But other teams are left without a good blueprint to beat the dubs.

Kawhitstorm
11-22-2015, 11:48 PM
This is true but the current batch of warriors won in the playoffs in SA a few years ago so I don't think they are phased by not winning a regular season game over there.

They essentially got blown out last season in SA, the monkey is still on their back. When they won during the playoffs Tiago was injured & Manu was playing like a drunken monkey.

Kawhitstorm
11-22-2015, 11:48 PM
But other teams are left without a good blueprint to beat the dubs.

The blue print is Kawhi:lol

Uriel
11-23-2015, 12:08 AM
BPI also has us losing both games in Golden State, so there's that.

daslicer
11-23-2015, 12:14 AM
They essentially got blown out last season in SA, the monkey is still on their back. When they won during the playoffs Tiago was injured & Manu was playing like a drunken monkey.

They still won in SA during the playoffs so there is no monkey on their back.

Kawhitstorm
11-23-2015, 12:42 AM
They still won in SA during the playoffs so there is no monkey on their back.

There is another monkey on their back. They haven't won in SA since Gm 2 of the 2013 playoffs:lol

daslicer
11-23-2015, 01:36 AM
There is another monkey on their back. They haven't won in SA since Gm 2 of the 2013 playoffs:lol

Hopefully this is a mental block for them but we'll see.

MVPCues
11-23-2015, 07:43 AM
I know this is splitting hairs, but saying they are not favorites and predicting they will lose both games is very different. If they are deemed to be 40/60 (have a 40% chance of winning) each game, then they are underdogs, but the probability of losing BOTH games would be .60*.60, which is a 36% chance of happening.

GSH
11-23-2015, 09:33 AM
I know this is splitting hairs, but saying they are not favorites and predicting they will lose both games is very different. If they are deemed to be 40/60 (have a 40% chance of winning) each game, then they are underdogs, but the probability of losing BOTH games would be .60*.60, which is a 36% chance of happening.

Wow - someone who gets it. :tu

The Warriors are playing damned good ball right now, but like everyone else they are one injury away from being pretty mediocre. I like Curry, and absolutely wouldn't wish anything bad for him. But 82 games is a long season, and he's had his share of ankle injuries in the past. He's got a good trainer working with him, but the way he cuts and stops, he's always one sticky shoe away from another injury. The Spurs have had their share of expectations brought down by injury. It's hard to get through a season unscathed.

All that matters is what happens in the playoffs. And no matter how a team plays in the regular season, everyone knows (or should) that in the post-season, the refs swallow their whistles and the contact gets a lot more intense. I'm not talking about injury here. Just that the regular season is about highlight reels, and a different style of play takes over in the playoffs. It's a lot more possible to get physical and take a guy out of rhythm. If the Spurs gel, they are one of the few teams that could beat Golden State in the playoffs. But they won't have home court advantage, against the record GS is going to pile up. And calling any road team a favorite over the Warriors is mindless.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-23-2015, 11:02 AM
Wow - someone who gets it. :tu

The Warriors are playing damned good ball right now, but like everyone else they are one injury away from being pretty mediocre. I like Curry, and absolutely wouldn't wish anything bad for him. But 82 games is a long season, and he's had his share of ankle injuries in the past. He's got a good trainer working with him, but the way he cuts and stops, he's always one sticky shoe away from another injury. The Spurs have had their share of expectations brought down by injury. It's hard to get through a season unscathed.

All that matters is what happens in the playoffs. And no matter how a team plays in the regular season, everyone knows (or should) that in the post-season, the refs swallow their whistles and the contact gets a lot more intense. I'm not talking about injury here. Just that the regular season is about highlight reels, and a different style of play takes over in the playoffs. It's a lot more possible to get physical and take a guy out of rhythm. If the Spurs gel, they are one of the few teams that could beat Golden State in the playoffs. But they won't have home court advantage, against the record GS is going to pile up. And calling any road team a favorite over the Warriors is mindless.

I would favor the Spurs if they can get HCA over the Warriors.

Kawhitstorm
11-23-2015, 02:16 PM
BPI also has us losing both games in Golden State, so there's that.

Except those weren't the only roads games that the BPI had the Spurs as underdogs last season. Meanwhile the Warriors are underdogs in ONLY TWO GAMES for the REST OF THE SEASON & they are BOTH at AT&T!

Budkin
11-23-2015, 04:42 PM
:lmao the media acting like the Warriors won't lose another game.

Kawhitstorm
11-23-2015, 04:44 PM

They don't give out trophies in the regular season so it's all for TV drama:lol

Poolboy5623
11-23-2015, 05:13 PM
I would favor the Spurs if they can get HCA over the Warriors.

...and how are they going to do that?

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-23-2015, 06:44 PM
80-2 for the Warriors sounds about right.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-23-2015, 06:51 PM
...and how are they going to do that?
Spurs still control their own destiny, since we're 3 games back and have 4 games to play against them. If we win all 4 and win out and they also run the table, otherwise we'll beat them by a game + the tiebreaker.

apalisoc_9
11-23-2015, 07:11 PM
Spurs wont get 1st seed tbh :lol

GSH
11-23-2015, 09:35 PM

It doesn't say that they won't lose another game. It says that they are favored to win. The Spurs were favored to win against the Pelicans the other night - remember how that turned out? If the favorite always won, they wouldn't need to play the damn games.

I swear, you people make shit up, and then argue about it.

Rob123
11-23-2015, 11:12 PM
They will remember the Alamo

Assman
11-23-2015, 11:50 PM
So when do we raise the "BPI Prediction" banner?