PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys have a decent shot at beating Carolina

SpursforSix
11-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Assuming they're healthy. Biggest weakness of the Cowboys seems to be the one on one coverage downfield. But I don't know that Carolina has the WR to really cause too much concern.

Healthy Romo turns Witten and Williams back in to legitimatize weapons. Even makes Beasly a poor man's (really poor man's) Welker again.
But going to be tough to get DMC going. Wish Dunbar was available.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-23-2015, 12:12 PM
I've picked this to be our first loss, but watch out Dallas. Charles Johnson is returning from IR.. How did this defense manage to get BETTER?

Avante
11-23-2015, 12:24 PM
This is a classic example of what I mean about "spots". Carolina (knowing they are in the playoffs) on the road on a short week vs a team used to this particular (turkey day) game having to win out with their hero back. Here we have a perfect "spot" for a Carolina loss.

Dallas in Carolina in a playoff game would lose. There we have a different "spot".

SuperCam
11-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Carolina has the #1 defense in points allowed per drive tbh. That and getting Charles Johnson back, I predict Romo throws at least 2 picks. Romo only scored 17 against the dolphins, that won't cut it against our offense which has scored 27+ in every game so far :wow

Trill Clinton
11-23-2015, 12:29 PM
yup. our defense has quietly been playing decent and kept us in games, except against new england. none of their receivers scare me unless they run go routes and cam throws it deep and then our corners get put in a 1 on 1 situation on a deep ball and hold or interfere.

greg olsen and cam are beasts so i expect them to play pretty good but we'll neutralize the rest of their offense.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-23-2015, 12:36 PM
greg olsen and cam are beasts so i expect them to play pretty good but we'll neutralize the rest of their offense.

Well if they play good there's no way to neutralize their offense. That would open up the run game, meaning you guys have to put 8 in the box. That would open up the deep routes for Ginn/Philly Brown. Even if you put 8 in the box, Carolina usually has 9 in the box, which is why their run game is effective.

To win this game you're going to have to sack Newton a lot and get him down. You also have to stuff the running game completely. That and of course Romo has to make plays.

Trill Clinton
11-23-2015, 12:59 PM
Well if they play good there's no way to neutralize their offense. That would open up the run game, meaning you guys have to put 8 in the box. That would open up the deep routes for Ginn/Philly Brown. Even if you put 8 in the box, Carolina usually has 9 in the box, which is why their run game is effective.

To win this game you're going to have to sack Newton a lot and get him down. You also have to stuff the running game completely. That and of course Romo has to make plays.

i can see olsen getting 6 catches and a TD and us still winning and applying pressure. our defense struggles against elite TE's, we gave up 7 catches to jimmy graham recently. plus, i have olsen starting on my fantasy and i need him to eat.

HarlemHeat37
11-23-2015, 01:16 PM
I think Dallas wins, they are desperate, and Carolina is due for a letdown..

Cowboys are scary good, I have to admit..Romo looked bad yesterday(due to rust), and they still overwhelmed a decent Dolphins team with that offensive line..Romo missed several throws that he usually makes, which is a good sign for Dallas, since he's only going to get better..

This is the weakest NFL in years, Cowboys still have a pretty good shot at the playoffs, even at 3-7:lol..

SpursforSix
11-23-2015, 02:26 PM
This is a classic example of what I mean about "spots". Carolina (knowing they are in the playoffs) on the road on a short week vs a team used to this particular (turkey day) game having to win out with their hero back. Here we have a perfect "spot" for a Carolina loss.

Dallas in Carolina in a playoff game would lose. There we have a different "spot".

why do you keep putting quotes around, "spot". If you didn't had sex with underage kids, this would be the most irritating thing you do.

SpursforSix
11-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Carolina has the #1 defense in points allowed per drive tbh. That and getting Charles Johnson back, I predict Romo throws at least 2 picks. Romo only scored 17 against the dolphins, that won't cut it against our offense which has scored 27+ in every game so far :wow

He might have scored 31. Carolina was punting from deep if it hadn't been for the pick 6. And if need be, it looked like the Cowboys could have taken that last drive all the way.

Avante
11-23-2015, 02:38 PM
why do you keep putting quotes around, "spot". If you didn't had sex with underage kids, this would be the most irritating thing you do.

Why do you worry so damn much about other posters? Stick to a topic of a thread, ok? And there were no "underage kids' working in bars, ok? Little man, girls get married at 14 over there, ok?

SpursforSix
11-23-2015, 02:47 PM
Why do you worry so damn much about other posters? Stick to a topic of a thread, ok? And there were no "underage kids' working in bars, ok? Little man, girls get married at 14 over there, ok?

Should be a good game and entertaining to watch no matter who you're for.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-23-2015, 08:16 PM
Was just looking at Carolina's schedule and they haven't really beaten anybody but a sliding green bay team. Incredibly easy schedule, tbh.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Was just looking at Carolina's schedule and they haven't really beaten anybody but a sliding green bay team. Incredibly easy schedule, tbh.

:lol okay buddy.

Avante
11-24-2015, 12:32 PM
The Panthers are a good team, no doubt about that, but they have had one of the best schedules in the league to excell.

They had that rare....

road
home
home
road

bye

road
home
home
home
road
home

Look at that. Never a double road and a three game home stand. Don't think that isn't a big deal, it is a very big deal.

As we know they could have easily lost two of those games. So 8-2 with that schedule, not bad but what good team isn;t winning there?

Now we'll see what they are "really" all about.

road
road
home
road
road
home

Home/road is HUGE in the NFL, Vegas attachs a 3 point advantage for a reason.

AlexJones
11-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Yep. Cowboys are winning straight up.

chunticakes
11-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Yep. Cowboys are winning straight up.

I took them last week @ +2, I'll take them again this week @ +1.5

SpursforSix
11-24-2015, 04:53 PM
I took them last week @ +2, I'll take them again this week @ +1.5

I don't ever do teasers but am thinking about a +7 which makes the lines

Cowboys +9 over Carolina
Giants +4 over Redskins
Cardinals -3.5 over 49'ers

UNT Eagles 2016
11-24-2015, 08:09 PM

Cowboys +9 over Carolina
Giants +4 over Redskins

Giants aren't already favored by Vegas to beat the Redskins? lol :lol

SpursforSix
11-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Giants aren't already favored by Vegas to beat the Redskins? lol :lol

They're favored by 17 but since I took the teaser, I got to lower it to them only being favored by 4. If they win by exactly 4, I triple my money. But if they lose or win by more than 4, I lose.

BatManu20
11-25-2015, 03:06 AM
I called us beating Carolina 3 weeks ago when we were playing like shit. Not changing my mind now. Cowboys hand the black cats their first L of the season.

Mal
11-25-2015, 04:35 AM
They do. Carolina is pretty good team, in which everything is clicking. They are not powerhouse, but they have every important pieces in place. They are stacked, but mortal.

Avante
11-25-2015, 11:54 AM
When I play $$$$ games I'm needing to know what's happening, so I;'m constantly checking out scores. I can't do that on Turkey Day because of family, no way I can sit in front of a tv ignoring everyone, so I never play these games, meaning I've done no homework from an ATS perspective.

So picking straight up.

Cowboys....like the "spot", no way the Cowboys are the better team.
Lions.....I think there are some problems in Philly.
Packers....division game at home.

Yep, home sweet home.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-25-2015, 12:40 PM
When I play $$$$ games I'm needing to know what's happening, so I;'m constantly checking out scores. I can't do that on Turkey Day because of family, no way I can sit in front of a tv ignoring everyone, so I never play these games, meaning I've done no homework from an ATS perspective.

So picking straight up.

Cowboys....like the "spot", no way the Cowboys are the better team.
Lions.....I think there are some problems in Philly.
Packers....division game at home.

Yep, home sweet home.
Eagles are a great team, don't see them losing in Detroit lol.

Avante
11-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Lions have won 3 of their last 5, the Eagles have lost 3 of 4. Now a short week on the road vs a team that knows how to prepare for this Turkey Day game. There is nothing that favors the Eagles in this "spot".

SpursforSix
11-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Lions have won 3 of their last 5, the Eagles have lost 3 of 4. Now a short week on the road vs a team that knows how to prepare for this Turkey Day game. There is nothing that favors the Eagles in this "spot".

The Eagles are actually 10-5* over the last 10 years when they come in to a game losing 3 of 4. The Lions? Yep...they are 2-6* when coming in to a game after having won 3 of 5.
Seems like a good "spot" to double down on Philly.

HarlemHeat37
11-25-2015, 01:48 PM

There's a lot of sharp money this week on the Cowboys and Lions, tbh..

Avante
11-25-2015, 02:18 PM
The Eagles are actually 10-5* over the last 10 years when they come in to a game losing 3 of 4. The Lions? Yep...they are 2-6* when coming in to a game after having won 3 of 5.
Seems like a good "spot" to double down on Philly.

You don't ignore ...short week/on the road. And only the Cowboys know how to prepare for this "spot" on a par with the Lions.

Hoops Czar
11-25-2015, 03:23 PM
You don't ignore ...short week/on the road. And only the Cowboys know how to prepare for this "spot" on a par with the Lions.

What do you mean by "this spot"? Every team plays a Thursday game so it's not as rare as you might think. If your referring to Turkey day games, might I remind you that the Eagles went on the road last year and throttled the cowboys on Thanksgiving 33-10. If I were you, I'd lock your wallet in a safe until after tomorrow's games for fear you might actually make a bet based off of this failed logic.

Will Hunting
11-25-2015, 03:36 PM
What do you mean by "this spot"? Every team plays a Thursday game so it's not as rare as you might think. If your referring to Turkey day games, might I remind you that the Eagles went on the road last year and throttled the cowboys on Thanksgiving 33-10. If I were you, I'd lock your wallet in a safe until after tomorrow's games for fear you might actually make a bet based off of this failed logic.

Correct me if I'm wrong Avante, but I think he means Cowboys in a must win situation @ home with Romo and Dez back against a team that can afford to lose a game and has to travel on Thanksgiving. The "spot" goes beyond the fact this is a Thanksgiving game.

Will Hunting
11-25-2015, 03:38 PM

Cowboys +9 over Carolina
Giants +4 over Redskins

:lol are you just making these spreads up? Where the hell are the Cowboys getting 9 points?

SpursforSix
11-25-2015, 03:59 PM
:lol are you just making these spreads up? Where the hell are the Cowboys getting 9 points?

It's a teaser bet. You take multiple games and you get additional points. Have to win all of them though.
So in this case, I got 7 points in my favor added to each of the individual lines.
The original lines were:
Cowboys +2
Giants -3
Cards -10.5

Will Hunting
11-25-2015, 04:02 PM
It's a teaser bet. You take multiple games and you get additional points. Have to win all of them though.
So in this case, I got 7 points in my favor added to each of the individual lines.
The original lines were:
Cowboys +2
Giants -3
Cards -10.5

:lol I know what a teaser is, didn't realize you were betting a teaser.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Thinking about the game I'm actually worried about how Tony is gonna perform on a short week. Last year he looked like shit because he didn't get enough time to recoup his fractured back. This year he's coming off his first game back where he took a lot of hits. I'm hoping he isn't dealing with any soreness or any other setbacks.

Hoops Czar
11-25-2015, 04:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483), but I think he means Cowboys in a must win situation @ home with Romo and Dez back against a team that can afford to lose a game and has to travel on Thanksgiving. The "spot" goes beyond the fact this is a Thanksgiving game.

Avante isn't that deep. He was referring to the Eagles/Lions game using the short week/on the road playing a team that knows how to prepare for a Turkey Day game as reasons why Detroit should win the game. Both teams need the win in the worst way so both teams will come prepared and ready to play. The Eagles have won in these situations before which is why I pointed out last year's blowout win at Dallas. It's a trap game if you're playing the spread because both the Eagles and Lions are unpredictable. However, the Eagles are the better team.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-25-2015, 04:19 PM
Here's a breakdown of how the cowboys rungame is actually better than last year.

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/this-years-running-game-is-better.337436/

:lol cowboy haters thinking losing that fumbling choking faggot was a big deal.

SpursforSix
11-25-2015, 04:19 PM
:lol I know what a teaser is, didn't realize you were betting a teaser.

lol. I was surprised by the question. Thought you might be trying to troll me or something. It says it was a teaser in the post.

Will Hunting
11-25-2015, 04:58 PM
lol. I was surprised by the question. Thought you might be trying to troll me or something. It says it was a teaser in the post.

I went with a 10 point sweetheart teaser this week:

Bucs +13
Vikings +11
Pittsburgh +14

SpursforSix
11-25-2015, 05:21 PM
I went with a 10 point sweetheart teaser this week:

Bucs +13
Vikings +11
Pittsburgh +14

That looks solid.

For the hell of it, I just did a small amount 7 point teaser on all six games in your post and mine. same teams.
Also a very small bet on the original line for all 6.

so there

Avante
11-25-2015, 06:09 PM

If you were me you'd know all the stats/trends and not say stupid things like that. And, As I mentioned above, I don't play $$$ these Turkey Day games, too busy with family to be able to watch my $$$$.

Avante
11-25-2015, 06:15 PM
Avante isn't that deep. He was referring to the Eagles/Lions game using the short week/on the road playing a team that knows how to prepare for a Turkey Day game as reasons why Detroit should win the game. Both teams need the win in the worst way so both teams will come prepared and ready to play. The Eagles have won in these situations before which is why I pointed out last year's blowout win at Dallas. It's a trap game if you're playing the spread because both the Eagles and Lions are unpredictable. However, the Eagles are the better team.

The Eagles were 8-3 last season when they beat the Cowboys, not 4-6 like they are now. That's a big difference. Keep in mind this is a back to back home game for the Lions, which is always good. Ther is nothing pointing towards the Eagles in this "spot".

Hoops Czar
11-25-2015, 06:33 PM
If you were me you'd know all the stats/trends and not say stupid things like that. And, As I mentioned above, I don't play $$$ these Turkey Day games, too busy with family to be able to watch my $$$$.

What trends? Detroit beat GB in a game where the Lions did everything they could to lose the game in the 4th quarter. Not to mention, Aaron Rodgers had one of his worst games of his career:lol and yet, were still a made fg away from winning. I wouldn't put much stock in beating a mediocre LAR team at home, tbh. I wasn't the stupid one who said Philly can't handle "this spot" (Short rest/game on road) when they did just that last season vs Dallas.

Hoops Czar
11-25-2015, 06:39 PM
The Eagles were 8-3 last season when they beat the Cowboys, not 4-6 like they are now. That's a big difference. Keep in mind this is a back to back home game for the Lions, which is always good. Ther is nothing pointing towards the Eagles in this "spot".

After they beat Dallas on Thanksgiving, they dropped their next three (including a home game to Dallas) and missed the playoffs. Detroit is playing the role of spoiler because they aren't catching Minnesota or GB in the NFC North. Philly has a lot more to lose in this game.

Avante
11-25-2015, 06:44 PM
What trends? Detroit beat GB in a game where the Lions did everything they could to lose the game in the 4th quarter. Not to mention, Aaron Rodgers had one of his worst games of his career:lol and yet, were still a made fg away from winning. I wouldn't put much stock in beating a mediocre LAR team at home, tbh. I wasn't the stupid one who said Philly can't handle "this spot" (Short rest/game on road) when they did just that last season vs Dallas.

Are you another rookie at this?

Avante
11-25-2015, 06:45 PM
After they beat Dallas on Thanksgiving, they dropped their next three (including a home game to Dallas) and missed the playoffs. Detroit is playing the role of spoiler because they aren't catching Minnesota or GB in the NFC North. Philly has a lot more to lose in this game.

Bullshit.

Another rookie, damn~~~~~~

Hoops Czar
11-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Bullshit.

Another rookie, damn~~~~~~

Philly is 7-1 SU and 6-2 ATS in its last eight games versus the Lions. That's a trend, not some bullshit about not being able to play a road game with short rest on turkey day. Detroit's only saving grace is their defense which has played pretty decent over the last two games is going up against one of the worst qbs in the league. Detroit's offense on the other hand :lol

Avante
11-25-2015, 07:18 PM
Philly is 7-1 SU and 6-2 ATS in its last eight games versus the Lions. That's a trend, not some bullshit about not being able to play a road game with short rest on turkey day. Detroit's only saving grace is their defense which has played pretty decent over the last two games is going up against one of the worst qbs in the league. Detroit's offense on the other hand :lol

Ok rookie...

When has Philly beaten the Lions when they had a losing record, well? They had a losing record in 2012 so they lost 23-26 in Philly.

This isn't a good Eagles team, having just dropped two in a row at home now on the road and a short week.The Lions winning two in a row now at home 'again".

Come on rookie.

SuperCam
11-25-2015, 09:18 PM
Sharps have moved the line from -1 CAR to -1.5 DAL in the last 24 hours, makes me a bit nervous tbqh.

Will Hunting
11-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Sharps have moved the line from -1 CAR to -1.5 DAL in the last 24 hours, makes me a bit nervous tbqh.

The line is moving all over the place, right now it's back to Dallas +1.5 (at least on Bovada). That could be a flood of public money though.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
11-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Today is gameday.

I'll tell ya, I've seen quite a bit of shit talk from Dallas fans all over all social media, sports websites, and expert picks.

Lets see what your boys got.

Will Hunting
11-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Seems like the money coming in now is on Carolina, they're back up to -2 on bovada. Not sure if it's public money or sharp money.

HarlemHeat37
11-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Seems like the money coming in now is on Carolina, they're back up to -2 on bovada. Not sure if it's public money or sharp money.

It's public money..sharps have been pounding Dallas all week..

Sharps were all over Detroit, too, as I said earlier..

UNT Eagles 2016
11-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Today is gameday.

I'll tell ya, I've seen quite a bit of shit talk from Dallas fans all over all social media, sports websites, and expert picks.

Lets see what your boys got.
Panthers win 31–21. It's a one score game early in the 4th but then Cam leads them on a loooong drive where they run the ball every down, move the chains every 3rd down and get in field goal range with little time left for the Cowboys to make a comeback. On the ensuing Cowboys possession, Romo throws a desperation heave down the field which becomes a pick and the Panthers are then able to go victory formation and kneel on it.

HemisfairArena
11-26-2015, 07:26 PM
It's public money..sharps have been pounding Dallas all week..

Sharps were all over Detroit, too, as I said earlier..

LMAO,,,,there were no sharps on Dallas.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Thinking about the game I'm actually worried about how Tony is gonna perform on a short week. Last year he looked like shit because he didn't get enough time to recoup his fractured back. This year he's coming off his first game back where he took a lot of hits. I'm hoping he isn't dealing with any soreness or any other setbacks.

Yep. . .Romo can't play on short weeks at all. His body needs time to recover. He couldn't see the field at all. Plus going against a great D, just a recipe for disaster.

HarlemHeat37
11-26-2015, 08:20 PM
LMAO,,,,there were no sharps on Dallas.

Sharps were all over Dallas since the spread was released, actually..

Over 65+% of the public was on Carolina..

HemisfairArena
11-26-2015, 08:39 PM
Sharps were all over Dallas since the spread was released, actually..

Over 65+% of the public was on Carolina..

Wrong,,,this whole notion that Vegas is begging you to take Carolina as a dog and the sharps are on Dallas is ridiculous,,,first off sharps set their own lines and bet accordingly and every sharp I know,,,,me included,,took Panthers on the ML when getting +money.

HarlemHeat37
11-26-2015, 09:00 PM
Wrong,,,this whole notion that Vegas is begging you to take Carolina as a dog and the sharps are on Dallas is ridiculous,,,first off sharps set their own lines and bet accordingly and every sharp I know,,,,me included,,took Panthers on the ML when getting +money.

:lol I'm not a Cowboys fan, nor am I making it up, I'm telling you for a fact that there was a ton of sharp money on Detroit and Dallas today..

The line went from pk to -1 Dallas because of sharp money(Bob Scucci confirmed it, he's a bookmaker, as did several other linesmakers on Twitter), and then there was a huge influx of public money on Carolina that swung it the other way..

This was actually a really public game for Carolina..a 10-0 team getting points is an easy pick for the public, obviously..

HemisfairArena
11-26-2015, 09:06 PM
:lol I'm not a Cowboys fan, nor am I making it up, I'm telling you for a fact that there was a ton of sharp money on Detroit and Dallas today..

The line went from pk to -1 Dallas because of sharp money(Bob Scucci confirmed it, he's a bookmaker, as did several other linesmakers on Twitter), and then there was a huge influx of public money on Carolina that swung it the other way..

This was actually a really public game for Carolina..a 10-0 team getting points is an easy pick for the public, obviously..

I'm not a Cowboy/Carolina fan,,,I've just been gambling for 25+ years,,,

HemisfairArena
11-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Harlem,,,just for future info,just because there is a book maker that post on twitter means shit,, Once again,,,sharps make their own lines and bet accordingly. Trust me on this and quit relying on some bookmaker on twitter,,,I don't care if he's a pro Vegas handicapper,,,he wont make you any money like you can if you learn it. I've beat bookmakers on mathematical theory many times,,,its systematic,,,no emotion involved believe it or not,,,

Avante
11-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Yep, you were the stupid one that thought the Eagles could handle this "spot". They did not come to play.

The game was over by half time.

pgardn
11-27-2015, 10:03 AM

Perfect.

Just, perfect.

Avante
11-27-2015, 10:21 AM
Perfect.

Just, perfect.

Why not look at the betting line little man, ok? Yep, it was a perfect 'spot" for a Carolina loss, that's why a 10-0 team was the underdog, ya reckon? Little man.....short week, on the road vs a team in a must win situation......now think just a little bit, ok? Little did we know Romo wasn't ready to play by Thursday.

Do you know anything at all about the game? Anything?

How did I know the Eagles would look so bad, well?

Brazil
11-27-2015, 11:33 AM
:lol so many fails in dat thread... in retrospect

:lol Cowboys
:lol Eagles

Hoops Czar
11-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Yep, you were the stupid one that thought the Eagles could handle this "spot". They did not come to play.

The game was over by half time.

It had nothing to do with "the spot". The Eagles are a bad football team. It doesn't matter if they were playing on Thanksgiving, on the road, at home, On Monday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. They'll lose because they're a terribly coached team who's owner gave the head coach permission to gut the team of its talent. The Eagles are a dysfunctional organization.

I mean, Carolina played its first Thanksgiving Day game against the Cowboys and didn't have a problem with "the Spot" against a team accustomed to "the spot".

Hoops Czar
11-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Why not look at the betting line little man, ok? Yep, it was a perfect 'spot" for a Carolina loss, that's why a 10-0 team was the underdog, ya reckon? Little man.....short week, on the road vs a team in a must win situation......now think just a little bit, ok? Little did we know Romo wasn't ready to play by Thursday.

Most people did.

pgardn
11-28-2015, 12:04 PM

Do you know anything at all about the game? Anything?

How did I know the Eagles would look so bad, well?

A Qb who has been on the shelf for so long, multiple severe injury history, quick second game back for a very sore 36 year old who was beaten up the game before and you bite on that? There was zero discussion from you on this very obvious problem. And you dare say you understand football? You are an idiot.

As far as the line, it's set so that the public will bet on each side of it. Do you get this dumbass? Vegas does not want 5 times as much money on one side of a line fathead. Vegas tries to get the vibe of the public, that's the art. So basically what you are admitting to is being no better than a headless toad at analyzing games and lines.

So newsflash, the public sometimes goes wildly against the set line (Rousey; Vegas took a hit) or they don't with a huge amount of money in play making Vegas at its most profitable; the middle man assuring lots money changes hands fairly with their cut for doing so. This is what Vegas does you dumb Fck. With sports gambling this IS THE PRIMARY FUNCTION.