PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Paul Pierce looks DONE...

spursistan
11-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Even relative to his Nets/Wizards stints, that's some falling off a cliff...And He is signed for 3 years..Damn GM RIVERS :lol...He really shouldn't be starting and will have to be eased in regular season and hope he comes up big in the clutch, that is about it...

https://i.imgur.com/kHPyzgp.jpg

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
11-23-2015, 01:48 PM
He looks awful. Man, the Clips desperately need Reddick back in the lineup.

Red Hawk #21
11-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Is he really signed for 3 years?!

spursistan
11-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Is he really signed for 3 years?!
true story :lol

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angel...s/paul-pierce/ (http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-clippers/paul-pierce/)

Leetonidas
11-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Lol at the people who thought ancient pierce and retarded players like Stevenson and Smith were gonna get the clips anywhere

JohnnyMax
11-23-2015, 02:38 PM
John Wall is a better PG than Chris Paul

2sD4lxS5H2U

InRareForm
11-23-2015, 03:00 PM
let him rest the whole season, and just hope he can hit a clutch shot in playoffs... will validate ludicrous contract lol

Kawhitstorm
11-23-2015, 03:08 PM
He looks like Michael Finley on his last legs.

spursistan
11-23-2015, 03:13 PM
He looks like Michael Finley on his last legs.
or Robert Horry circa 2008..only good to insert him for a 4th quarter clutch shot here and there..I think he will improve a bit but he shouldn't be playing +22 MPG..

Kawhitstorm
11-23-2015, 03:20 PM
or Robert Horry circa 2008..only good to insert him for a 4th quarter clutch shot here and there..I think he will improve a bit but he shouldn't be playing +22 MPG..

Horry wasn't a scorer & didn't have to guard wingplayers so they had different issues. Horry just couldn't hit an OPEN shot to save his life.

spursistan
11-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Horry wasn't a scorer & didn't have to guard wingplayers so they had different issues. Horry just couldn't hit an OPEN shot to save his life.
Yes, but was the Clippers (Doc) thinking this Pierce is going to be high scorer/prime defender for them?

Kawhitstorm
11-23-2015, 03:27 PM
Yes, but was the Clippers (Doc) thinking this Pierce is going to be high scorer/prime defender for them?

They are starting him at small forward so he has to defend wing players & he's out there to score not set screen, grab offensive rebounds or make plays. He could just be spotting up & shooting but he is still a scorer more than anything.

HarlemHeat37
11-23-2015, 03:27 PM
I said he would be a downgrade from Matt Barnes, which speaks volumes, since Barnes sucks:lol..

Killakobe81
11-23-2015, 03:29 PM
I said he would be a downgrade from Matt Barnes, which speaks volumes, since Barnes sucks:lol..

Can't lie, HH ... your predictions on Dubs, Lakers Clippers were all spot on. I will give you shit when you talk shit but when you are SERIOUS your b-ball takes are on point.

Kawhitstorm
11-23-2015, 03:30 PM

Bogans was also better than Finley when he was at the same point of his career as Pierce:lol. Now you could say Barnes is better than Vince & Nick Young is better than Kobe:lol. Ray Allen hung them up at the right time, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
11-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Bogans was also better than Finley when he was at the same point of his career as Pierce:lol. Now you could say Barnes is better than Vince & Nick Young is better than Kobe:lol. Ray Allen hung them up at the right time, tbh.

Ya, NBA fans and media are enamored with names, tbh..only sport where your name holds more weight than your production..

ElNono
11-23-2015, 03:39 PM
He sure ain't in the East anymore

DeRozan m8
11-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Doc keeping the millions flowing for his old mates and family.

TD 21
11-23-2015, 07:23 PM
Ya, NBA fans and media are enamored with names, tbh..only sport where your name holds more weight than your production..

They're also enamored with snap judgements. It's the only sport where whatever is happening in the moment takes precedence over the big picture. Rookies are branded busts less than a month into their careers; veterans who have a bad stretch are automatically deemed finished.

Pierce was still decent as recent as last season, yet because of a terrible 12 game start, on a high maintenance team that's incorporating a ton of new pieces (many of whom were obvious awkward fits), he's lost all credibility.

I realize he's ancient, so any year could be the year he's done, but he deserves more than 12 measly games before a conclusion is reached.

Thomas82
11-23-2015, 09:11 PM

They're also enamored with snap judgements. It's the only sport where whatever is happening in the moment takes precedence over the big picture. Rookies are branded busts less than a month into their careers; veterans who have a bad stretch are automatically deemed finished.

Pierce was still decent as recent as last season, yet because of a terrible 12 game start, on a high maintenance team that's incorporating a ton of new pieces (many of whom were obvious awkward fits), he's lost all credibility.

I realize he's ancient, so any year could be the year he's done, but he deserves more than 12 measly games before a conclusion is reached.

+1

spursistan
04-30-2016, 12:28 AM
Bump..

A compete season of TOSBness..he is officially done but got 2-more years left thanks to GM Doc..:lol

JamStone
04-30-2016, 07:45 AM
Definitely done. But to be fair, his $3.5 million per in this escalating salary cap era is nothing at all as far as payroll implications, whether he sticks around, retires, or gets waived. It's not like he's making $10M per. Next two yeasr are probably just a retirement gift from Doc anyway.

MultiTroll
04-30-2016, 10:50 AM
:lol at media when he hit that greasy banker (that was not intended to be a banker) that was the game *winner* last year.
"He's still got it!" blah blah blah.

Another playoff game the offensive driver lost the ball all by himself. In fast motion it looked like Pierce blocked it. Reality, Pierce had nothing to do with it, guy just lost the handle. Same media knobslobbing.

spursistan
11-29-2016, 02:09 PM
Bump..

Damn, it must suck for him he thought he was going to get a Kobe-like farewell tour by announcing his retirement prior to the season start, but no one is giving shit :lol..he's logged only 18 minutes in 2 games despite the many Clippers blowouts this year.

Sometimes, you just need to know when to call it quits..

baseline bum
11-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Bump..

Damn, it must suck for him he thought he was going to get a Kobe-like farewell tour by announcing his retirement prior to the season start, but no one is giving shit :lol..he's logged only 18 minutes in 2 games despite the many Clippers blowouts this year.

Dude is getting paid $3.5 million to sit on the bench and bang white bitches after the game, I think he's fine with it tbh.

Clipper Nation
11-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Bump..

He's starting tonight :lol

DPG21920
11-29-2016, 10:50 PM
Replace Blake Griffin with Paul Pierce and lose to BKY.