PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Lebron calls Warriors "most healthy team in nba history"

JohnnyMax
11-23-2015, 03:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14204846/lebron-james-says-golden-state-warriors-most-healthy-team-ever-seen

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- LeBron James says there is a not-so-secret ingredient -- beyond a talented roster that features reigning MVP Stephen Curry -- to the Golden State Warriors' success: avoiding injuries.

"I think it comes with a lot of health," James said when asked about the Warriors tying the all-time mark for best start to a season at 15-0. "They've been healthy. They've been the most healthy team I've ever seen in NBA history, and they have great talent. Those guys all play for one common goal and that's to win, and that's all that matters."

James said that continuity in the lineup has led to consistency in their play.

"They've just been consistent," James said. "I think the most impressive thing is the way they just they've been playing at a high level, man, for so long."

The Cleveland Cavaliers, meanwhile, are down four of their top eight rotation players at the moment with Kyrie Irving (left knee), Iman Shumpert (right wrist), Timofey Mozgov (right shoulder) and Mo Williams (right ankle) all sidelined.

"I'd much rather be on the other side and having guys in the lineup, having guys healthy," James said. "I've always heard that saying of, 'Is it a blessing that guys are out and guys can step in?' I think it's good for some of the guys that don't get to play as much -- they get an opportunity. But at the same time, I'd much rather be full and know what we're going to have and play at a high level for most of the year so we know what we can fall back on at the end of the season.

"But that's one thing you can't control. You can't control injuries. The one thing you can control is what you're doing out on the floor, how well you're playing, how hard you're playing and how much you're sacrificing and giving to your teammates."

The Cavs were missing Irving, Kevin Love and Anderson Varejao in their 4-2 Finals loss to the Warriors, while Shumpert and Matthew Dellavedova were also battling health issues.

Golden State has understandably been on Cleveland's mind this season, with James calling the Warriors the "more hungry" team thus far. Several Cavs players have also mentioned being motivated by the anger they felt over the Finals loss.

"They're going to be a tough team to beat all year and they've been great so far," Love said. "We'll see what happens."

Golden State hasn't been completely healthy, however. Luke Walton has filled in for coach Steve Kerr all season, of course, as he recovers from two offseason back surgeries. James, however, said you can't compare the loss of a coach to the loss of a key player.

"It would be more impressive if they were doing all this without Steph," James said. "Then there would be a conversation to talk about."

HarlemHeat37
11-23-2015, 03:26 PM
He's correct that they have had an unreal run of health, but still salty, tbh:lol..

lefty
11-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Most healthiest ?

Chris
11-23-2015, 04:41 PM
"Those guys all play for one common goal and that's to win, and that's all that matters." This is the type of vanilla crap and the reason no one takes Lebron seriously.

Kawhitstorm
11-23-2015, 04:48 PM
Klay is experiencing back issues & Bogut is always walking injured. He's just salty that Kyrie/Wade have been chronically injured for the past 4 seasons.:lol

The Stockton/Malone Jazz were the healthiest team in NBA history, tbh.

SuperCam
11-23-2015, 04:58 PM
He's right, tbh

DMC
11-23-2015, 05:07 PM
At least he didn't say mostest healthiest like MJ saying "I found relish in it" or "they had boughten their ways in"

Steve Kerr isn't that healthy right now.

Red Hawk #21
11-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Why are the Warriors criticized for being healthy? :wakeup

LkrFan
11-23-2015, 06:21 PM
LeHype needs to STFU and just call them Champions. #CURRY'SB:lolTCH

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2015, 06:29 PM
At least he didn't say mostest healthiest like MJ saying "I found relish in it" or "they had boughten their ways in"

Steve Kerr isn't that healthy right now.

At least he didn't say its the worst thing since sliced bread like Steve Francis did....:lol

Koolaid_Man
11-23-2015, 06:31 PM
He's correct that they have had an unreal run of health, but still salty, tbh:lol..

That nigga got a lump in his throat because he knows he's forever stuck at 2....:lol

Bird 3
Lecramps 2

:lmao

LkrFan
11-23-2015, 06:50 PM
"If Kyrie was healthy. . ."

Poor LeBr:crynze

ambchang
11-24-2015, 12:17 PM
People always try to spin the Warriors' success as some sort of lucky streak, but there is a lot more to being healthy than just pure luck.

They have constructed a roster that have interchangeable parts, which means that the minutes (thus the chance for injuries) decrease for their roster. That also means that players can stand in place of one another in case injuries do occur.

They have also built large enough leads in many games so that the players do not have to play long minutes and over exert themselves in dicey closely contested games.

That said, the healthiest team in NBA history will be the Lakers next year (or the year after that) after the giant cancerous tumor is removed.

spankadelphia
11-24-2015, 03:41 PM
People always try to spin the Warriors' success as some sort of lucky streak, but there is a lot more to being healthy than just pure luck.

They have constructed a roster that have interchangeable parts, which means that the minutes (thus the chance for injuries) decrease for their roster. That also means that players can stand in place of one another in case injuries do occur.

They have also built large enough leads in many games so that the players do not have to play long minutes and over exert themselves in dicey closely contested games.

That said, the healthiest team in NBA history will be the Lakers next year (or the year after that) after the giant cancerous tumor is removed.

^^^This x1000. It's not a bug, it's a feature. They have supreme depth, rotate players constantly, and routinely clear the bench in the 4th.

DMC
11-24-2015, 05:23 PM

There's also a lot more to 16-0 at any point in the season than just being healthy.

SupremeGuy
11-24-2015, 05:24 PM
He's correct that they have had an unreal run of health, but still salty, tbh:lol..This. :lol It's true but he sounds salty as fuck.

RD2191
11-24-2015, 06:02 PM
I agree with Lebron for once. And yes, I'm also salty.

Trainwreck2100
11-24-2015, 06:11 PM
^^^This x1000. It's not a bug, it's a feature. They have supreme depth, rotate players constantly, and routinely clear the bench in the 4th.

interchangeable? they lose one of their small ball lineup and they're done

InRareForm
11-24-2015, 07:57 PM
World Class back handed compliment

100% true though

lefty20
11-24-2015, 07:58 PM
IIRC,the mid 2000 Pistons were annoyingly healthy as well. But this shit evens out in the long run, usually.

Chef Curry
11-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Lebron's already scapegoating and it's only November :lol

He knows he's gonna come see us again next June and witness the start of a dynasty and there's nothing he can do about it.

Pelicans78
11-25-2015, 08:00 AM

Should have stayed in Miami instead of returning to his white master just for positive attention. Gilbert is filling in for the father he never had.

KaiRMD1
11-25-2015, 08:25 AM

If Steph goes down, that's a wrap

ambchang
11-25-2015, 08:38 AM
If Steph goes down, that's a wrap

Of course, but that is the case for any championship teams. Would the Spurs have won in 14 without Kawhi? Miami without Lebron? Mavs without Dirk? Lakers with MVPau? Celtics without Pierce and/or Garnett and/or Allen? Miami without Wade? Spurs without Duncan? Pistons without either of the Wallace brothers and/or Chauncey and/or Rip? Lakers without Shaq and/or 2nd fiddle Kobe? Bulls without Jordan? Rockets without Hakeem? Lakers without Magic and/or Kareem? Pistons without Isiah? Celtics without Bird? 6ers without Moses?

I don't see anyone calling those teams the healthiest teams in the NBA history.

The point is, the Warriors are healthy because of the way was constructed. Things can still go bad, but they mitigated their risks as much as any other contender teams in a long long time.

Killakobe81
11-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Of course, but that is the case for any championship teams. Would the Spurs have won in 14 without Kawhi? Miami without Lebron? Mavs without Dirk? Lakers with MVPau? Celtics without Pierce and/or Garnett and/or Allen? Miami without Wade? Spurs without Duncan? Pistons without either of the Wallace brothers and/or Chauncey and/or Rip? Lakers without Shaq and/or 2nd fiddle Kobe? Bulls without Jordan? Rockets without Hakeem? Lakers without Magic and/or Kareem? Pistons without Isiah? Celtics without Bird? 6ers without Moses?

I don't see anyone calling those teams the healthiest teams in the NBA history.

The point is, the Warriors are healthy because of the way was constructed. Things can still go bad, but they mitigated their risks as much as any other contender teams in a long long time.

Amb you are so sweet and predictable .... have a Happy Thanksgiving, brother ...

ambchang
11-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Amb you are so sweet and predictable .... have a Happy Thanksgiving, brother ...

Is it Thanksgiving down there? Enjoy your turkey.

Thebesteva
11-25-2015, 02:09 PM
Didn't we all predict KLove and Kyrie are injury prone and LeBRONZE might end up having to carry the team on his own during the playoffs? I mean this isn't shocking that he didn't have the right help in the finals. He is still clearly the best player in the league but his low IQ outside of the court is legendary.

Joseph Kony
11-25-2015, 02:16 PM
Curry has glass ankles and Bogut is a walking injury tbh. They have had some great luck but I'd hardly say they're the healthiest team in NBA history