PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Politics: Ted Cruz's master plan

Winehole23
11-24-2015, 11:53 AM
best write up of Ted Cruz I've seen so far. by March 2 we should know whether he has a chance to win the nomination.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/ted-cruz-has-been-plotting-1305876417003574.html

Winehole23
11-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Team Cruz noticed early on that the RNC’s obscure rule No. 40 (b), which was rewritten in 2012, currently stipulates that a candidate cannot receive the nomination without first winning a majority of the delegates in eight separate states or territories. The territory part is crucial. It’s conceivable, even likely, that none of the Republican candidates will get more than 50 percent of the vote in the crowded Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada contests, which means that none of those states will count toward fulfilling the requirements of rule No. 40 (b). But competition for delegates is much less heated in Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the Northern Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands than it is on the mainland — even though, for the purposes of winning the nomination, each territory still counts just as much as a state. And so Cruz has been callingthe governor of Guam, dispatching an emissary to American Samoa, sending his father, Rafael, to the Virgin Islands and so on. The more delegates he can pick up overseas, the thinking goes, the better his chances of reaching the RNC’s magic number of majorities — regardless of what happens in the early states.

boutons_deux
11-24-2015, 12:02 PM
he's only 2 points behind trump in Iowa, but fucking weird Iowa also won by Santorum.

iow, Iowa Repub nutters are meaningless even for Repug races

Winehole23
11-24-2015, 12:09 PM
Jon Kraushaar thinks the GOP has the edge in the general election. I tend to agree:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/111314/republicans-hold-edge-2016-presidential-race

rmt
11-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Cruz is too conservative to win the repub nomination, much less win the presidency. I think he's underestimating Trump - thinking that he'll collapse and it'll be between Cruz and the establishment candidate, Rubio. Even though i am more aligned with Cruz, I would vote for Rubio (if Trump fell) because Rubio has a better chance in the general election vs Hillary.

Cruz spends too much time on the social issues. I wish the repubs would put the social issues aside and just concentrate on the economy. Once the economy is going well and more Americans are working/better paid, then worry about the social stuff.

boutons_deux
11-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Jon Kraushaar thinks the GOP has the edge in the general election. I tend to agree:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/111314/republicans-hold-edge-2016-presidential-race

way too early, and people are responding to polls at very low rate, like 10%, so the pollsters know, esp from 2012, their polls are unreliable.

A repug Pres with Repug Congress and Repug SCOTUS would be a fucking disaster for the planet

boutons_deux
11-24-2015, 12:40 PM
there's really no way any Repug can beat Hillary. Repugs lose blacks, LGBT, hispanics, women, young, just like in 2012. Repugs "reachout" after 2012 has been a laffer.

Spurminator
11-24-2015, 12:42 PM
He's definitely a good planner. His downfall, we can only hope, will be the unlikability/"creepiness" his former colleagues described. He knows exactly what to say at all times to appeal to the right people, and he's a skilled debater. Plus, the bar for saying batshit insane things has been lowered dramatically, so I doubt he'll be seen as quite the "wacko bird" he should.

boutons_deux
11-24-2015, 12:43 PM
Trump and his gang yesterday threatened to go 3rd party, split the vote, if the RNC, the $Ms behind Kasich start "not playing fair" with Donny, dirty ads, rigged convention, etc, etc.

pgardn
11-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Article further confirms what I always thought... megalomaniac.

Who happens to be conservative.
So the Democrats go with the sole argument, "I am not Ted Cruz", and win.
Rather have Trump if it came down to it.

Spurminator
11-24-2015, 02:45 PM

Without question, I would too.

rmt
11-25-2015, 12:42 AM

Only Trump could carry the independents and any disenchanted democrats. Maybe Kasich - but that won't happen.

Winehole23
11-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Only Trump could carry the independents and any disenchanted democrats. Maybe Kasich - but that won't happen.Trump's bellicosity and ill-temperament -- the very qualities that make him appealing to primary voters -- will turn off independent and disenchanted Dems in the general election. The President can't be a hothead.

Trump is all bluster and no substance. His general lack of ideas and policy acumen will eventually be exposed and he'll sink like a stone. When he does, he will threaten to become a Perot-like threat to whomever gets the nomination.

pgardn
11-25-2015, 04:13 PM
Trump's bellicosity and ill-temperament -- the very qualities that make him appealing to primary voters -- will turn off independent and disenchanted Dems in the general election. The President can't be a hothead.

Trump is all bluster and no substance. His general lack of ideas and policy acumen will eventually be exposed and he'll sink like a stone. When he does, he will threaten to become a Perot-like threat to whomever gets the nomination.

Agree.

Cruz is actually scary.

Quetzal-X
11-25-2015, 04:25 PM
That asshole is a fucking cartoon. Insincere as a motherfucker. His bad acting does have ronald "water- on -the -brain" reagan type potential. This nigga fit right in a jim carrey dr seuss movie tbqfhimho

Winehole23
11-29-2015, 04:24 AM
Agree.

Cruz is actually scary.Agree. Cruz isn't a dummy, and he's even more radical than GWB.

Winehole23
11-29-2015, 04:27 AM
GOP is the radical party since 1994. Maybe the most radical major party in US politics ever.

Nothing conservative about them anymore, tbh.

Winehole23
11-29-2015, 04:29 AM
They're gonna rock our world if we give them the chance. Hell, they already have.

Winehole23
11-29-2015, 04:37 AM
sick thing is, Obama has preserved and extended, rather than rolling back, the radicalism.

z0sa
11-29-2015, 05:04 AM
sick thing is, Obama has preserved and extended, rather than rolling back, the radicalism.

true that

boutons_deux
11-29-2015, 08:58 AM

what specifically has Obama done to extend the smash-mouth Repug radicalism that announced itself with Gingrich shutting down the govt?

Winehole23
12-13-2015, 02:15 PM
Obama has extended government secrecy and continued to trash the 4th amendment. Prosecutions of whistleblowers reached a high water mark. Drone warfare all over the globe has intensified.

That's just off the top of my head. Would you like me to continue?

Winehole23
12-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Seven weeks from the caucuses, Ted Cruz is crushing it in Iowa.

The anti-establishment congressional agitator has made a rapid ascent into the lead in the GOP presidential race here, with a 21 percentage-point leap that smashes records for upsurges in recent Iowa caucuses history.

Donald Trump, now 10 points below Cruz, was in a pique about not being the front-runner even before the Iowa Poll results were announced Saturday evening. He wasted no time in tearing into Cruz — and the poll — during an Iowa stop Friday night.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2015/12/12/big-shakeup-iowa-poll-cruz-soars-lead/77199800/

Winehole23
12-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Carson's zenith was 28 percent in the poll two months ago. Trump's highest support was 23 percent back in August, when he led the field by 5 points.

hater
12-13-2015, 05:00 PM
The wetback has good chance to win nomination but a -25% chance to win the presidency.

boutons_deux
12-13-2015, 05:18 PM
Krazy Kruz "crushing it" in tiny Repug Iowa many weeks before the vote?

meaningless for the nomination, only interesting the "news" cycle.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-13-2015, 11:14 PM
It sounds more like a game than government.

Winehole23
12-14-2015, 12:57 PM
Birther redux?

Details have been emerging which highly suggest that both Ted Cruz (http://www.examiner.com/topic/ted-cruz)'s parents had become Canadian citizens prior to his birth. According to past public statements made by his father, legal opinions and documentation currently available, Rafael (Ted) Cruz was likely born of 2 Canadian citizens in Calgary back in December of 1970.

A recent FOIA request to obtain a copy of his US naturalization papers, if they exist, was denied stating that the information would have to be requested by Rafael (Ted) Cruz himself. With the now highly likely true circumstances of his birth, this US Senator from Texas should be required to show proof that he ever became a citizen of the United States in order to be allowed to retain his seat in congress. Without this documentation of naturalization, which would be further proof to automatically disqualify him from running for President, he can in no way continue to hold a seat in the US Senate (http://www.examiner.com/topic/us-senate-1) as one must at least have become a US citizen through naturalization to be eligible to hold the office.

If Senator Ted Cruz was only a citizen of Canada and has since renounced that citizenship, is he a man without a country and unlawfully holding a US Senate seat?http://www.examiner.com/article/ted-cruz-must-show-naturalization-papers-to-keep-his-us-senate-seat