PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons/Bob Voulgaris discuss San Antonio/Warriors and Spurs ceiling

spursistan
11-24-2015, 05:40 PM
Great podcast, tbh..They touch upon the general outlook of the Spurs, and as many here said before, whether Pop is zigging when the league is zagging..reverting back to playing big lineup, slow-paced, inside game?..

Starting min 12:30..

https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/ep-30-haralabos-voulgaris-thanksgiving-best-bests-w-joe-house

spursistan
11-24-2015, 05:47 PM
In the same podcast Haralabob shitting on Doc rivers ..rah-rah, player-coach, motivator..:lmao.

DarrinS
11-24-2015, 06:12 PM
That was pretty interesting. Thanks :tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
11-24-2015, 06:19 PM
Simmons' work on his own network podcast is way better than the podcasts he released under ESPN/Grantland. Good stuff. Can't really argue with the points they made.

SAGirl
11-24-2015, 06:51 PM
This was very good thanks for sharing!
:bobo

bklynspursfan
11-24-2015, 06:58 PM
They make some valid points, but we are fully capable of playing small/fast. Our 2nd unit has been both of those at times. and if need be they could roll out a lineup like-

Parker/Mills
Manu
Green
Leonard
LMA/Diaw

It's still so early, so they are playing a little slower at times, but I don't think that's necessarily how they want to play. I think it has more to do with the chemistry not being there just yet.

Thomas82
11-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Good stuff!!

Spurs 4 The Win
11-24-2015, 07:27 PM
This Bob Voulgaris guy is clueless about the Spurs and Bill seemed way too high on the Warriors chances to beat us, seems to have forgotten they were our bitch last year

InRareForm
11-24-2015, 07:33 PM
While I enjoyed this , it is a better discussion to wait at least 40-50% into the season

spursistan
11-24-2015, 07:38 PM
While I enjoyed this , it is a better discussion to wait at least 40-50% into the season
well yeah, both said we can't exactly suss out this Spurs team until the rodeo trip..

apalisoc_9
11-24-2015, 07:43 PM
Some incorrect assumptions. The spurs actually have mixed lineups and their game varries depending on the matchup. They're not going back to old school basketball, but they are adding a new dimension to their game with LMA...

The Parker-Leonard-Green-TD-LMA lineup is used for like what? 12 minutes out of 48..

dabom
11-24-2015, 07:48 PM
They are mostly right. Tony being bad and not his fault Pop playing him. Pop not coaching a good series. Pop intentionally throwing games and he can't do that this year.

And basically 6 or more players just not playing good at all that clippers series but somehow Kawhi was too young to take over. It wasn't Kawhi's team in 2014 yet. Pop was still running the Tony show and plays.

Hell it still doesn't feature Kawhi as it's legitimate main offensive player. He does takes over when the team is already doing bad. He is like an insurance for the "team" playing bad but in no way is he our closer because Pop doesn't put him in that situation often enough.

Kawhitstorm
11-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Great podcast, tbh..They touch upon the general outlook of the Spurs, and as many here said before, whether Pop is zigging when the league is zagging..reverting back to playing big lineup, slow-paced, inside game?..

I brought it up first & everyone else run w/ it:rolleyes

spursistan
11-25-2015, 12:31 AM
I brought it up first & everyone else run w/ it:rolleyes
you get a free cookie :hat..

Anyway, it is clear that we won't win a 3 pt shootout with them..I think a team with slightly better firepower and more reliable inside scoring would have taken home the 2-1 series lead the Cavs/Grizzlies had vs them last season ..

SnakeBoy
11-25-2015, 04:44 AM

Well they both did say they can''t really judge the Spurs until late in the season.

cariocaz
11-25-2015, 07:37 AM
Thanks for sharing!

YGWHI
11-25-2015, 10:49 AM
That was pretty interesting. Thanks :tu