PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Luke Walton....who will hire him HC next season?

spursistan
11-25-2015, 02:22 PM
You know he will get an offer he can't refuse in the offseason..

I know this Warriors is so good that that they could be probably dominating in auto-pilot fashion...but he was like a 4th string coach last season behind Kerry/Gentry/Adams and has technically coached the best unbeaten start for a defending champion..That counts in the resumé..

My guess Lakers/Rockets/Wolves will be after him and one of them will end up hiring him....

InRareForm
11-25-2015, 02:24 PM
He owes Curry royalty fees tbh

spursistan
11-25-2015, 02:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUowMlAWIAEB29W.jpg:large

DAF86
11-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Why next season? I would call him right now just to fuck with the Warriors. Not that they will care too much but still...

spursistan
11-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Why next season? I would call him right now just to fuck with the Warriors. Not that they will care too much but still...
Apparently Kerr is out until after the Allstar break..He won't be let go..but there is will some interesting summer openings..

DAF86
11-25-2015, 02:31 PM
Apparently Kerr is out until after the Allstar break..He won't be let go..but there is will some interesting summer openings..

Can they do that though? If somebody offers him a guaranteed coaching job the Warriors can't force him to stay as their assistant, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
11-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Somebody should hire him, obviously..it's not like he would be any worse than most of the other coaches that have been getting hired, at least he's been around a championship team and understands the concepts of smart basketball:lol..

spursistan
11-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Can they do that though? If somebody offers him a guaranteed coaching job the Warriors can't force him to stay as their assistant, tbh.
Why would he bolt from a defending Champions and favourite to repeat in such circumstances?.. he might accept a job in Feb/March, which what Bud likely did with Atlanta, but the agreement would only get disclosed until May..

Benoit
11-25-2015, 02:48 PM
He will complete his duty of bringing back to back titles to Golden State. I expect nothing more, nothing less.

Pelicans78
11-25-2015, 02:52 PM
The Pelicans will hire him at the All-Star Break after letting Gentry go.

DAF86
11-25-2015, 07:54 PM
Why would he bolt from a defending Champions and favourite to repeat in such circumstances?.. he might accept a job in Feb/March, which what Bud likely did with Atlanta, but the agreement would only get disclosed until May..

Because he would be getting a guaranteed coaching job which is probably a lot more better paid than the job of assisting coach.

DMC
11-25-2015, 08:40 PM
Kerr pulling a Kobe, not playing at all and taking credit for everything a tall white boy does.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-25-2015, 11:29 PM
I can definitely see him coaching the Lakers, but not until after Kobe leaves. Wouldn't that be kind of awkward to play for a coach that's younger than you? Fucking bizarre imo