PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy advice

Kim Jong-il
11-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Having to use a QB off the scrap heaps until Luck gets back, if ever. Would you go with -

Mariota v Oakland?
Hoyer v New Orleans?
Bortles v Whoever?

or try to ride it out with Hasselbeck?

DPG21920
11-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Hoyer. He's been damn solid and has the best matchup.

Will Hunting
11-25-2015, 06:38 PM
I'd go Bortles vs. San Diego. The Saints' D might be historically bad but they're coming off a bye week with a new coordinator so who knows what to expect. It could be a situation like Miami earlier this year when a coaching change made a huge short term difference but won't make a difference in the long term.

Meanwhile, SD's defense is near the bottom of the league, that team is in full meltdown mode, and Bortles' team has a shitty defense which means there's shootout potential in the SD/Jacksonville game.

hehateme
11-26-2015, 01:10 AM
Bortles will probably be the safer pick unless SD unlodges their head from their asses quickly.

Darth_Pelican
12-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Fantasy Semi-Finals (Standard League) .... My team is listed first. I'm still considering starting lineup changes. I really want to get Floyd in the starting lineup, but I don't know who to bench. Suggestions?

My Team

Starters:

QB: Tom Brady vs. Tenn
RB: LeSean McCoy @ Wash
WR: Eric Decker @ Dal
WR: Demaryius Thomas @ Pitt
TE: Julius Thomas vs. Atl
FLEX: Chris Ivory @ Dal
FLEX: Eddie Lacy @ Oak
D/ST: Seahawks vs. Cle
K: Adam Vinatieri vs. Hou

Possible Bench Starters This Week:

Michael Floyd @ Phi
Tim Hightower vs. Det

His Team

Starters:

QB: Aaron Rodgers @Oak
RB: Devonta Freeman @JAX
WR: Antonio Brown vs. DEN
WR: Kamar Aiken vs. KC
TE: Richard Rodgers @OAK
FLEX: Alshon Jeffery @MN
FLEX: Javorius Allen vs. KC
D/ST: Bengals @SF
K: Stephen Gostkowski vs. TEN

His bench is weak; no possible changes

Kim Jong-il
12-16-2015, 05:55 PM
I'd say Lacy is the safest pick to bench. Never know when he'll get benched or miss half the game with a sprained pussy. Then again he's also capable of huge numbers. He seems less consistent than Ivory tho.

Raven
12-16-2015, 06:07 PM
Demarius Thomas tbh.

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2015, 09:51 AM
I'd say Lacy is the safest pick to bench. Never know when he'll get benched or miss half the game with a sprained pussy. Then again he's also capable of huge numbers. He seems less consistent than Ivory tho.

Yeah I benched Lacy last week just to see if he was going to be out of the doghouse. It's hard to keep him out of the starting lineup after last week's performance though. Plus he's pretty healthy/fresh because he was used so little early this season.

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2015, 09:53 AM
Demarius Thomas tbh.

Yeah, I'm contemplating benching him for Floyd. Thomas is just the more superior talent, but he's been disappointing this year, mostly because he doesn't have a QB to get him the ball. But Pitt's pass defense is pretty weak, which is why it's a tough decision.

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2015, 09:55 AM
I'll check weather conditions to see if that can help me make decision....

Raven
12-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I'm contemplating benching him for Floyd. Thomas is just the more superior talent, but he's been disappointing this year, mostly because he doesn't have a QB to get him the ball. But Pitt's pass defense is pretty weak, which is why it's a tough decision.

well, it is a dumb move to bench him, regardless of it panning out or not, I just kinda feel he's going to have a dud. He's got zero chemistry with Brock and is being guarded as if he does. It's still unwise to bench such a talented guy, especially against pitt awful secondary. But .. you know..