PDA

View Full Version : How will the top SEC teams do this year in Bowl games?

Splits
11-26-2015, 06:19 AM
Not so good last year.

http://i.imgur.com/VQ3ddRG.png

pgardn
11-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Not so good last year.

http://i.imgur.com/VQ3ddRG.png

You forgot ATM v. Texas...

Wait, that did not happen?
Why not? it was a compelling game for two teams not playing well.
Would have been one of the most popular bowl games against evenly matched teams.
Old rivals getting back at it, could not have been much better.

Btw, ATM beat UT in basketball last night. If anyone flipped channels. I am very pleased with how hard we play. This will not be a stellar season. The talent is not great, especially at forward. But the kids are being taught and are actually talking TO EACH OTHER about responsibility and break downs. And we don't quit apparently. We really rush things on the offensive end, but I think Smart wants big up tempo as our guards appear to have some talent at getting to the hoop.

So ATM can beat Texas at something, no need to run from competition. Is it just easier to say "we play in the SEC" we never had a chance anyway. If I was Big 12 commish I would take Aggie back.

Silver&Black
11-27-2015, 03:31 AM
You forgot ATM v. Texas...

Well you won't see it again this year....and not because Aggy may or may not be ducking UT.

It's because you won't be bowl eligible.

Avante
11-27-2015, 09:13 AM
All this bullshit about the the SEC, why? There is no argument/debate by serious football fans about which is the best conference and I'm a Cali guy with USC being my team. We've been seeing SEC dominance for years now, no need to try and fight reality. Just look at NFL rosters, there it is.

And, other than the playoff games don't put too much into bowl games, that huge lay off is a real big deal. And we do have to question the motivation about playing in that particular bowl.

leemajors
11-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Well you won't see it again this year....and not because Aggy may or may not be ducking UT.

Now that you've mastered the obvious, the sky is the limit!

Pelicans78
11-27-2015, 09:51 AM
How did Baylor do in its big bowl game last year?

pgardn
11-27-2015, 10:08 AM

Thank god...

pgardn
11-27-2015, 10:10 AM
All this bullshit about the the SEC, why? There is no argument/debate by serious football fans about which is the best conference and I'm a Cali guy with USC being my team. We've been seeing SEC dominance for years now, no need to try and fight reality. Just look at NFL rosters, there it is.

And, other than the playoff games don't put too much into bowl games, that huge lay off is a real big deal. And we do have to question the motivation about playing in that particular bowl.

I agree with you.

But you are still an idiot no matter who you are or where you come from.

FkLA
11-27-2015, 04:51 PM

There's rumblings that there might not be enough bowl-eligible teams to fill bowl slots. So a 5-win UT-Austin team might still go bowling tbh.

Silver&Black
11-27-2015, 04:58 PM
There's rumblings that there might not be enough bowl-eligible teams to fill bowl slots. So a 5-win UT-Austin team might still go bowling tbh.

Hmm...I haven't heard that.

You think UT can beat Baylor? Normally, I would say No. But, with a 3rd stringer at QB for the Bears....I guess anything is possible.

Will Hunting
11-27-2015, 05:03 PM
Hmm...I haven't heard that.

You think UT can beat Baylor? Normally, I would say No. But, with a 3rd stringer at QB for the Bears....I guess anything is possible.

I'd be surprised if UT plays well at all. They've had a shitty season and don't strike me as the team that's going to bust its ass to be a 5-7 bowl team.

FkLA
11-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Mmm yeah nevermind. I didn't even know they had Baylor left. Why the hell are they playing into December? Doesn't everybody else's reg season end this week?

Warren looked like the truth yesterday but I don't think they can win at Waco.

Silver&Black
11-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Mmm yeah nevermind. I didn't even know they had Baylor left. Why the hell are they playing into December? Doesn't everybody else's reg season end this week?

Warren looked like the truth yesterday but I don't think they can win at Waco.

It's actually smart for the Big 12 to make their season a week longer. You get an extra "bye" week during the year and when the other conferences are playing their title game you're still relevant and playing that week.

Silver&Black
11-27-2015, 05:23 PM
I'd be surprised if UT plays well at all. They've had a shitty season and don't strike me as the team that's going to bust its ass to be a 5-7 bowl team.

Good point...I think you've got the right idea.

No..."Let's win this one for coach" is going to happen IMO.

Hoops Czar
11-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Not sure who LSU will be playing in a bowl game, but it looks like they'll be playing that game without Les Miles.

Blake
11-28-2015, 12:30 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2015/11/17/if-there-arent-enough-eligible-teams-no-one-knows-how-ncaa-will-fill-bowl-slots/

This could get interesting really fast

Avante
11-28-2015, 01:40 AM
I agree with you.

But you are still an idiot no matter who you are or where you come from.

The old obvious ...."damn, this guys knows his shit"....I must mess with him because I don't.

Silver&Black
11-28-2015, 01:56 AM
They just need to do away with about 5 bowl games maybe more. I mean seriously, who watches some of the lower-tier bowl games?

I know it's not likely. All about the $$$

Will Hunting
11-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Good point...I think you've got the right idea.

No..."Let's win this one for coach" is going to happen IMO.
Exactly, I'm surprised they even kept it close against tech on thanksgiving, but after losing that game, they must be ready for their season to be over.

AFBlue
11-29-2015, 09:24 PM
How did Baylor do in its big bowl game last year?

Lost to a team that was even better than this year's version, which will likely be in the CFP. I'm optimistic they'll win against UT this Saturday, and then we'll get to see them go toe-to-toe with an SEC squad. Should be fun.

Pelicans78
11-30-2015, 03:10 AM
Lost to a team that was even better than this year's version, which will likely be in the CFP. I'm optimistic they'll win against UT this Saturday, and then we'll get to see them go toe-to-toe with an SEC squad. Should be fun.

If Baylor wins, there will be a 3-way tie for 2nd in the Big 12. Who gets the nod to the Sugar Bowl?

AFBlue
11-30-2015, 08:03 AM
If Baylor wins, there will be a 3-way tie for 2nd in the Big 12. Who gets the nod to the Sugar Bowl?

Since they all beat each other and all beat the next highest common opponent, the first tie is broken up by point differential between the three teams. TCU had the lowest point differential, so that knocks them out. Then the remaining two are settled by head-to-head, which Baylor takes since they beat OSU. They would be the Big 12 2nd place team, and the Sugar Bowl rules state they'll follow the Big 12 tiebreaker procedures.

Interestingly, the SEC says the Sugar Bowl selection committee should take the highest ranking team by the CFP committee, not a conference tie-break. So, depending on the outcome of the SEC championship game, it could be Alabama, Florida or Ole Miss.