PDA

View Full Version : LMA on Kawhi: " he is growing"

spursistan
11-26-2015, 12:04 PM
but...but...but...he's a diva :cry...Loved LMA fist pump after Kawhi hit the back-breaking 3..been monitoring his body language for a while..

"(Kawhi's) growing," San Antonio forward LaMarcus Aldridge (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2983/lamarcus-aldridge) said. "I never really watched the Spurs play too much last year. I don't know if he played to this level last year, but he's definitely playing at a big-time level. He's taking big-time shots and making them for us."

http://projectspurs.com/2015-articles/leonards-late-three-stuffs-mavs-in-texas-sized-thriller.html

Fireball
11-26-2015, 12:08 PM
LMA looked like he lost a few pounds during his injury break and his body language in the game was excellent IMO

YGWHI
11-26-2015, 12:41 PM
but...but...but...he's a diva :cry...Loved LMA fist pump after Kawhi hit the back-breaking 3..been monitoring his body language for a while...

:tu

Also, it's so much easier to feel genuinely happy for the success of a low-key guy like Kawhi than...little b*tch Lillard.

spursistan
11-26-2015, 01:44 PM
:tu

Also, it's so much easier to feel genuinely happy for the success of a low-key guy like Kawhi than...little b*tch Lillard.

you really can't afford not when you share a locker room with Timmly D :lol.

Look at this video around 15:13 after buzzer on bench Duncan lecturing LMA oncourt position/rotation and then they walk out of court sharing a hearty laugh..Aldridge can only look up at team captain in that regard..the W is what is matters most..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEIe39HPBnY&t=15m13s

BillMc
11-26-2015, 01:48 PM
but...but...but...he's a diva :cry...Loved LMA fist pump after Kawhi hit the back-breaking 3..been monitoring his body language for a while..

http://projectspurs.com/2015-articles/leonards-late-three-stuffs-mavs-in-texas-sized-thriller.html

Yeah, liked that LMA fistpump. It seemed really genuine.

YGWHI
11-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Look at this video around 15:13 (14:38) after buzzer on bench Duncan lecturing LMA oncourt position/rotation and then they walk out of court sharing a hearty laugh..Aldridge can only look up at team captain in that regard..the W is what is matters most..

Agree. Nice find! Thanks for the video.

bic50
11-26-2015, 02:32 PM

Never bought into the diva stuff. Dude looks genuinely happy to be on a real team for once, along with west.

cd98
11-26-2015, 02:39 PM
It's possible he was a diva in Portland. He was the vet on a young team. But everyone that comes to the Spurs sees the professionalism in the lockerroom and they crave that stability and apparently will take less money to be a part of it.

sasaint
11-26-2015, 02:42 PM
LMA hit a big shot, too, to make it 82 - 78. Just good clutch play and shooting down the stretch with the Mavs gaining momentum and the game on the line.

Brazil
11-26-2015, 02:53 PM
I don't think LMA is a diva but this quote is not a proof of LMA being a good guy or whatever :lol ... you can find a bunch of quotes of LMA praising Lollard or Kobe praising Shaq

again not saying he is not sincere or a diva but a quote like that is not indicative of anything neither a fist pump

spursistan
11-26-2015, 02:59 PM
I don't think LMA is a diva but this quote is not a proof of LMA being a good guy or whatever :lol ... you can find a bunch of quotes of LMA praising Lollard or Kobe praising Shaq

again not saying he is not sincere or a diva but a quote like that is not indicative of anything neither a fist pump
it is all process; i'm putting this guy under the loop for every step/pose/word he makes :lol

In the end, I'm confident nothing related with his character will end up being in anyway detriment to the team; if we fall short eventually, it is just that, with him, we weren't really good enough basketball team..

exstatic
11-26-2015, 03:02 PM
I don't think LA has ever been a diva. If you've read any background on him, you'll remember that he was devastated when his HS teammates played keep away from him in their last game (they lost) because they were jealous of the attention/recruiting he was receiving. That experience had a profound effect on him. He keeps his inner circle small, and you have to earn his trust. I'm guessing that Lollard never made it.

sasaint
11-26-2015, 03:09 PM
I don't think LA has ever been a diva. If you've read any background on him, you'll remember that he was devastated when his HS teammates played keep away from him in their last game (they lost) because they were jealous of the attention/recruiting he was receiving. That experience had a profound effect on him. He keeps his inner circle small, and you have to earn his trust. I'm guessing that Lollard never made it.

I have never even heard mention of the HS incident. Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Spurs 4 The Win
11-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Lets be real here, if he is a diva, pop will bench him, simple as that, im sure it has been made clear there is no room for egos withing the organization, Aldridge knows what he was getting himself into, he wants a championship

Neurosis
11-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Always been an LMA fan even when he was in Portland. I think he was the least of Portland's concerns when it came to putting together a title run. With the right pieces around him, he's a championship calibre player.

I just want to see him utilized more on offense but his per 36 rebounding is at a career high this season and he's playing above league-average D at his position. If he can consistently add another 2-3 FGs per game we've got a massive chance at winning this year.

I don't see his attitude as a problem when he's worked hard over long years to get better and better. The only question mark is age, but he should have a good 2-3 years left in the tank.

diego
11-26-2015, 09:31 PM
you really can't afford not when you share a locker room with Timmly D :lol.

Look at this video around 15:13 after buzzer on bench Duncan lecturing LMA oncourt position/rotation and then they walk out of court sharing a hearty laugh..Aldridge can only look up at team captain in that regard..the W is what is matters most..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEIe39HPBnY&t=15m13s

didnt see the game till the vid, noticed the offense looking for aldridge more, a lot of misses but because they worked the clock and got a good shot they were able to get a lot of offensive boards and score anyway. They really need to use him more and not settle for the quick jumpers

sasaint
11-26-2015, 09:43 PM
Always been an LMA fan even when he was in Portland. I think he was the least of Portland's concerns when it came to putting together a title run. With the right pieces around him, he's a championship calibre player.

I just want to see him utilized more on offense but his per 36 rebounding is at a career high this season and he's playing above league-average D at his position. If he can consistently add another 2-3 FGs per game we've got a massive chance at winning this year.

I don't see his attitude as a problem when he's worked hard over long years to get better and better. The only question mark is age, but he should have a good 2-3 years left in the tank.

Pretty sure that PATFO did not go after LMA as an heir to Timmy, expecting that he had a mere 2-3 years left in the tank! Some of us think Timmy, himself may have up to 2 years left in the tank!

But to your points about his rebounding and defense: if he is happy with his touches and usage, I am, too, as long as he keeps up the boards and the D. He is much better than expected in those departments - especially his offensive rebounds. The last game we were looking for him more, and he responded.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Is LMA talking about kawhi's game or his height?

Brazil
11-27-2015, 11:49 AM
Is LMA talking about kawhi's game or his height?

how are you brah ? last time you seemed to be on nervous breakdown mode... hope you are feeling better tbh

Neurosis
11-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Pretty sure that PATFO did not go after LMA as an heir to Timmy, expecting that he had a mere 2-3 years left in the tank! Some of us think Timmy, himself may have up to 2 years left in the tank!

I agree with you but it's not like our FO is immune to mistakes. When I say 2-3 years I mean as a #1 offensive force. After that he will surely decline but at that point with 2 more years of development Kawhi could take that role.

LMA should still be potent 5 years on but he's already 30 so you can't realistically expect any more than 3 years of LMA playing as a go-to guy without serious decline. However under Timmy and Pop's tutelage he can build on his good D and boarding and become a grounding veteran force alongside Kawhi and DG.

He won't ever be TD but he doesn't need to be either. If he can build into a stretch 4 with solid interior D and rebound hard, that's a huge asset and he can definitely do that.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the overall aim with LMA in this Spurs outfit in the long term. I like the guy and I think he'll be great for us for however long he's here.

But to your points about his rebounding and defense: if he is happy with his touches and usage, I am, too, as long as he keeps up the boards and the D. He is much better than expected in those departments - especially his offensive rebounds. The last game we were looking for him more, and he responded.

Agreed as well. I guess I just feel that with Manu on limited minutes we have no skilful playmakers for a large portion of our games. An inside-out offense built around LMA is ideal for this Spurs roster imo. Next year with some changes (we need a young playmaker type guy) we could play more the style we are now. Just my $0.02.

sasaint
11-27-2015, 10:27 PM
Kawhi is the Spurs' #1 option, and LMA our second option NOW. You may mean something different by "#1 offensive force," though. I think they will be a great 1-2 punch for at least 3 years. I don't know about LMA's ultimate end as a stretch 4, but it could be. But the way he is boarding right now, especially on the offensive end makes me want to keep him in position to continue that. I think everybody involved, including LMA, expects him to learn under Pop and Tim to prolong his effectiveness, just as you said.

Neurosis
11-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Kawhi is the Spurs' #1 option, and LMA our second option NOW. You may mean something different by "#1 offensive force," though. I think they will be a great 1-2 punch for at least 3 years. I don't know about LMA's ultimate end as a stretch 4, but it could be. But the way he is boarding right now, especially on the offensive end makes me want to keep him in position to continue that. I think everybody involved, including LMA, expects him to learn under Pop and Tim to prolong his effectiveness, just as you said.

Yeah you're right. I was saying in another thread though that I think we should try switching the offensive priorities between LMA and Kawhi. Mainly because of the kind of roster we have and that Kawhi is a 3pt threat this season while LMA is not.

That fact alone makes it more effective to use LMA as a #1 and just feed him the ball on the low post in the half-court and let him either go 1on1 (LMA is great 1on1 so win for us) or draw a double and kick it out (win for us again). Right now if we go to Kawhi and he goes 1on1 it's fine (Kawhi 1on1 is win for us), but when he's on court with LMA it means we're missing a legitimate 3pt threat so if Kawhi gets doubled and kicks it out it's not always to a great option.

When LMA and Kawhi share court time, I think LMA should be the go-to guy for most half-court sets because right now LMA isn't that corner 3 threat because we want him on the offensive boards*

With our lack of a consistent playmaker and unless LMA starts being a legitimate 3pt threat I think LMA should be our #1 option for half-court.

I feel like that change alone would bump up our offensive efficiency.

itzsoweezee
11-27-2015, 11:23 PM
Kawhi still gets no respect from refs. It's kind of ridiculous at this point. Should've had several and-1's tonight.

HarlemHeat37
11-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Aldridge is growing, as well, tbh, but in the gut/stomach region..

Southwest Texas Fan
11-27-2015, 11:49 PM

:lmao:lmao

apalisoc_9
11-27-2015, 11:50 PM

:lmao

Amuseddaysleeper
11-28-2015, 03:04 AM
how are you brah ? last time you seemed to be on nervous breakdown mode... hope you are feeling better tbh

:lol

Much better my good man, stepped away from the ledge :toast

MAxEric
11-28-2015, 04:27 AM
Hope LMA will be growing too...
His process is rather slow .....
still cant see his superior ability

Ice009
11-28-2015, 04:52 AM
Hope LMA will be growing too...
His process is rather slow .....
still cant see his superior ability

He just looked really out of shape to start the season. I am wondering if that is a big reason for his average start to the season?

Brazil
11-28-2015, 06:13 AM
:lol

Much better my good man, stepped away from the ledge :toast

:lol :tu

sasaint
11-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Kawhi still gets no respect from refs. It's kind of ridiculous at this point. Should've had several and-1's tonight.

Absolutely! The game before, against the Mavs, he kind of griped and let it get under his skin. Last night he seemed to handle it better. But, hey, he's a Spur; he's not gonna get those calls. Get used to it.