PDA

View Full Version : Tiago Splitter misses second straight game with hip, no timetable for his return

spursistan
11-26-2015, 02:33 PM
and so it begins :lol..

Averaging 5.6 pt/3.7 reb on 48 shooting..

Just read some folks still insisting that we should have traded Diaw instead :(..

spursistan
11-26-2015, 02:37 PM
Loved Tiago, but he is just not a reliable body and youcan't ride on that with Timmy hitting 40 in few months..

TXstbobcat
11-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Dude can't stay healthy

Sean Cagney
11-26-2015, 03:00 PM
Dude can't stay healthy

exstatic
11-26-2015, 03:05 PM
This is the reason we got basically nothing but cap space in return, and why they were never giving us Tavares.

Russ
11-26-2015, 03:10 PM
This is the reason we got basically nothing but cap space in return, and why they were never giving us Tavares.

But sometimes a cloud has a lining of some sort . . .

I'd rather have Boban as it turns out.

daslicer
11-26-2015, 04:23 PM
Tiago was an important cog during the spurs resurgence from '12-'15 but losing him hasn't hurt the spurs. Losing Baynes,Cojo,Belli from a depth stand point has hurt more than the loss of Splitter.

exstatic
11-26-2015, 04:32 PM
Tiago was an important cog during the spurs resurgence from '12-'15 but losing him hasn't hurt the spurs. Losing Baynes,Cojo,Belli from a depth stand point has hurt more than the loss of Splitter.

I would say only Beli, actually.

RD2191
11-26-2015, 04:42 PM
I would say only Beli, actually.
Because you're a faggot. You're saying this team doesn't miss Cojo? Lol

RayTdropout
11-26-2015, 04:58 PM
who cares he doesn't even play with the Spurs anymore. move on with your life and get over it he's gone

exstatic
11-26-2015, 05:03 PM
who cares he doesn't even play with the Spurs anymore. move on with your life and get over it he's gone

Take your bowl over to the sink, and pour the obvious urine out of your Post Toasties....

baseline bum
11-26-2015, 05:15 PM
Because you're a faggot. You're saying this team doesn't miss Cojo? Lol

Not really, Patty is doing a solid job.

Stabula
11-26-2015, 05:19 PM

The Spurs wouldn't have #5 without Splitter he was a great piece from 12-14. The Spurs miss his PNR defense, his underrated passing, and hard screens. His passing especially went so well with The Beautiful Game the Spurs played in that run. Sad to see he can't stay healthy these days,Atlanta is learning that the hard way.

Stabula
11-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Not really, Patty is doing a solid job.

I don't miss CoJo but Patty has been really bad to start the season. Hope he gets out of his slump because of just how dynamic he makes the bench's offense.

testies
11-26-2015, 05:44 PM
Splitter is so underrated, apart from his defense, we badly miss a roll threat, big part of our offense. All our bigman are average to terrible at rolling to the rim.

dabom
11-26-2015, 05:51 PM
Tiago was a bum in 2013 and 2015. Could never stay healthy. I'm glad we have LMA. Hawks did us a solid. :lol

And the defense was better because of a huge part to Kawhi not Tiago.

dabom
11-26-2015, 05:52 PM
Dude had small hands and can't get off the floor to dunk over a PG. Never healthy.

spurtech09
11-26-2015, 06:34 PM
Tiago is a solid player....He just can't stay healthy,,,

spurtech09
11-26-2015, 06:35 PM
Splitter is so underrated, apart from his defense, we badly miss a roll threat, big part of our offense. All our bigman are average to terrible at rolling to the rim.He is solid on D...

100%duncan
11-26-2015, 11:12 PM
Dude can't stay healthy

tmtcsc
11-26-2015, 11:27 PM
We sold Atlanta a big hot mess of damaged goods....and on this Thanksgiving I am thankful for that one-sided deal.

baseline bum
11-26-2015, 11:31 PM
I don't miss CoJo but Patty has been really bad to start the season. Hope he gets out of his slump because of just how dynamic he makes the bench's offense.

Patty is still shooting 40% from three. He's not at his 13-14 level but he's doing well enough that there would be no decent minutes for Joseph.

baseline bum
11-26-2015, 11:33 PM
We sold Atlanta a big hot mess of damaged goods....and on this Thanksgiving I am thankful for that one-sided deal.

Pretty much this. Splitter is a hell of a talent with great size, but if you can't keep him on the floor what good is all that?

cjw
11-27-2015, 12:08 AM
Patty is still shooting 40% from three. He's not at his 13-14 level but he's doing well enough that there would be no decent minutes for Joseph.

Right - the only decent minutes for CoJo would have come if Pop were comfortable running two of Parker-Mills-CoJo to replace some of the fourth wing minutes. Only works in certain situations, but their D probably wouldn't have been much worse than Marco's.

Anyway, CoJo was never in the plans once LMA was a possibility. Couldn't make the numbers work.

DJR210
11-27-2015, 12:22 AM
Fucking Yao Ming was more durable

sasaint
11-27-2015, 12:34 AM
Dude had small hands and can't get off the floor to dunk over a PG. Never healthy.

Hey, Splitter may have only been 7' but he played like he was 6'6"!

11-27-2015, 02:17 AM
Splitter was bad during the 2013 finals but he redeemed himself in 2014 and that's all that matters. Don't really get the hate for Splitter. Dude was a winner everywhere he went. Multiple Spanish League championships, cup championships, multiple FIBA Americas gold, league and cup MVPs, and finally NBA champion. Before Splitter, the Spurs had Matt Fucking Bonner, Blair, or the corpse of Mcdyess getting abused by Zbo, Dirk, Griffin, Aldridge, and Pau Gasol. Those were terrible times until Splitter finally evened the playing field.

SpurPadre
11-27-2015, 02:25 AM
The Spurs wouldn't have #5 without Splitter he was a great piece from 12-14. The Spurs miss his PNR defense, his underrated passing, and hard screens. His passing especially went so well with The Beautiful Game the Spurs played in that run. Sad to see he can't stay healthy these days,Atlanta is learning that the hard way.

Pretty sure Bud knew what he was getting when they got him.

Fireball
11-27-2015, 02:55 AM
Tiago was a great fit and a very good player when healthy ... I wish him he recovers and has a good season with the Hawks ... just not on Saturday :lol

BillMc
11-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Tiago was a great fit and a very good player when healthy ... I wish him he recovers and has a good season with the Hawks ... just not on Saturday :lol

This

buttsR4rebounding
11-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Splitter was bad during the 2013 finals but he redeemed himself in 2014 and that's all that matters. Don't really get the hate for Splitter. Dude was a winner everywhere he went. Multiple Spanish League championships, cup championships, multiple FIBA Americas gold, league and cup MVPs, and finally NBA champion. Before Splitter, the Spurs had Matt Fucking Bonner, Blair, or the corpse of Mcdyess getting abused by Zbo, Dirk, Griffin, Aldridge, and Pau Gasol. Those were terrible times until Splitter finally evened the playing field.

Good perspective.

Johnny RIngo
11-27-2015, 12:35 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding the bitterness towards Splitter. Yeah, he was injury prone but when he was healthy he was a perfect fit into our system. Also, he was a very likable guy off the court - never fucked other teammate's wives or had altercations in bars. Hope he does well in Atlanta. Wouldn't mind seeing him back in SA after his contract is up.

tholdren
11-27-2015, 12:53 PM
Lol. Splitter was a terribly overrated player. Malik rose was better. Inflation due to winning a ring despite him playing roughly 10 min in the finals. Glad to see he is elsewhere, should have traded him when his stock was higher tbh.

spursistan
11-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Spursfan overrated Spilter as whole because of the dreary bigs Tim has had to play with since D-Rob retirement..Fact is there like only two playoff series when Splitter was a game-changer (Mavs'14/Memphis'13) and couple of other where he was an important cog: Warriors'13, and to lesser Blazers'14..he was more or less useless a non-factor in our battles with the Heat/OKC and his inability to stay healthy simply cost us a legit deep run last season..

Mugen
11-27-2015, 01:19 PM
:lol the retarded takes in this thread tbh

keeferob25
11-27-2015, 01:21 PM
Yeah I agree with the two posts above me. Splitter was underVALUED...but not underRATED. He was actually overrated. Not that he sucked...just that as stated above...it was always relative to the crap Duncan dragged to decency beside him in Bonner (not in any era were most of his big support legit starters). But Splitter couldn't play against nearly ANY athletic team. He was a crafty finesse finisher but he left WAY too many points off the board because he got stuffed or finish weakly. I actually think that Lamarcus has been better for the defense than Tiago because he's a better ACTIVE rebounder than Tiago. Tiago was more like Diaw in that hey got boards that moreso fell within their vicinity as opposed to fighting for them like Duncan or Lamarcus. And LA is MUCH better at the rim defensively than Tiago. Mind you this is LA's first few months with the team and we ALREADY have the best argument for having the best defense. Splitter offensively provided great utility in being an expert screener/pick setter and great roll man but our ceiling with him was met. GS and Cleveland are both better than THAT Miami team or OKC team and so we need a higher ceiling ourselves. LA gives us that.

Mr. Body
11-27-2015, 01:24 PM
Splitter was a great draft pick, even to wait for him. He solved the long issue we had placing a center next to Duncan. In those pre-Splitter, pre-Diaw days, we forget how lousy the big man corps was. I appreciate him.

That said, Aldridge has proven that the starting five is no worse off on defense and I don't see any long-term problems on offense that can't be fixed in big time ways.

Spurs 4 The Win
11-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Yeah I agree with the two posts above me. Splitter was underVALUED...but not underRATED. He was actually overrated. Not that he sucked...just that as stated above...it was always relative to the crap Duncan dragged to decency beside him in Bonner (not in any era were most of his big support legit starters). But Splitter couldn't play against nearly ANY athletic team. He was a crafty finesse finisher but he left WAY too many points off the board because he got stuffed or finish weakly. I actually think that Lamarcus has been better for the defense than Tiago because he's a better ACTIVE rebounder than Tiago. Tiago was more like Diaw in that hey got boards that moreso fell within their vicinity as opposed to fighting for them like Duncan or Lamarcus. And LA is MUCH better at the rim defensively than Tiago. Mind you this is LA's first few months with the team and we ALREADY have the best argument for having the best defense. Splitter offensively provided great utility in being an expert screener/pick setter and great roll man but our ceiling with him was met. GS and Cleveland are both better than THAT Miami team or OKC team and so we need a higher ceiling ourselves. LA gives us that.

LOL, fuck no

ViceCity86
11-28-2015, 03:24 AM

All those losses have been replaced by better players.Cojo doesn't matter since he was a 3rd stringer,behind Parker and Mills.

timtonymanu
11-28-2015, 03:25 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding the bitterness towards Splitter. Yeah, he was injury prone but when he was healthy he was a perfect fit into our system. Also, he was a very likable guy off the court - never fucked other teammate's wives or had altercations in bars. Hope he does well in Atlanta. Wouldn't mind seeing him back in SA after his contract is up.

:tu

spursistan
12-27-2015, 05:41 PM
holy shit, those who wanted us to roll with this as Timmy hits 40 :lol

exstatic
12-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Fitty game Tiago, tbh.

ceperez
12-27-2015, 05:57 PM
For the record, Splitter's screens, dives to the baskets, finishes and passing were key. Unfortunately, these don't matter if Splitter is spending most of his time injured and in a suit.

Pointless to speculate what he could have accomplished if he was healthy. Unfortunately, he wasn't. End of story.

dabom
12-27-2015, 05:59 PM
This thread delivers just as much as the jimmy thread. :lmao

Kawhitstorm
12-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Nene/Sideshow Bob are Iron Men compared to Shitter; Brazilian big men are made of Chinese plastic:lmao

100%duncan
12-28-2015, 08:22 PM
holy shit, those who wanted us to roll with this as Timmy hits 40 :lol

Yep :lol

Spurtacular
12-28-2015, 08:30 PM
A healthy Tiago would've been a difference maker against the Clips; but then again so would've a rested Manu or a non-shrinking Kawhi.

RD2191
12-28-2015, 08:31 PM
A healthy Tiago would've been a difference maker against the Clips; but then again so would've a rested Manu or a non-shrinking Kawhi.
Or more importantly a non scrub Parker.

tholdren
12-28-2015, 10:12 PM
Or more importantly a non scrub Parker.
or any coach other than pop

TheGreatYacht
12-29-2015, 04:04 AM
Matt Barnes

bic50
12-29-2015, 10:21 AM
Garbage fan ^^^

spursistan
02-04-2016, 02:21 AM
Splitter frustrated by nagging hip injury

Tiago Splitter is frustrated.The Hawks center will miss his second straight game and ninth of the season Wednesday due to a right hip injury.
-“Not good,” Splitter said when asked how he was doing hours before the Hawks are to play at the 76ers.Splitter made the trip to Philadelphia even though he was ruled out on the team’s injury report Tuesday. Splitter said it is the same injury that cost him seven games in November and early December. He confirmed that his hip has nagged him since returning and that it flared up again after playing at the Heat Sunday. Splitter, who also missed four games with a calf injury, said he continues to get daily treatment. He could miss additional games. The Hawks host the Pacers Friday.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/splitter-frustrated-by-nagging-hip-injury/nqJKF/

Another bout of "hip injury" sidelining him for god knows how many games..Can you imagine having to rely on this body with Timmy knee issue this season?

It is sad for Tiago, but this remains one of PATFO greatest moves in terms of figuring the exact expiry date of one player as a Spur..

nowitzkikopf
02-04-2016, 02:24 AM
get him back on the cheap- the D would be unstoppable

UNT Eagles 2016
02-04-2016, 02:33 AM
get him back on the cheap- the D would be unstoppable
D-Worst might be a shitty defender, but he won't miss games due to a sore vadge.

Kawhitstorm
02-04-2016, 02:53 AM
D-Worst might be a shitty defender, but he won't miss games due to a sore vadge.

Availability is the best ability.

Kawhitstorm
02-04-2016, 02:56 AM
Another bout of "hip injury" sidelining him for god knows how many games..Can you imagine having to rely on this body with Timmy knee issue this season?

It is sad for Tiago, but this remains one of PATFO greatest moves in terms of figuring the exact expiry date of one player as a Spur..

The Cavs will sign Nene to replace Mozgov this upcoming summer & then sign Tiago in 2017.

TrainOfThought5
02-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Availability is the best ability.

+1

SpursFan86
02-04-2016, 11:00 AM
I said this several times during the offseason: even if Aldridge doesn't end up being as good as people hope, there will be a clear improvement just from the fact that he can give us 30+ mpg for 70+ games a season, whereas Tiago is giving you 20 mpg for 50 games. People were worried about the defense falling off due to replacing Splitter with Aldridge, but it comes down to "would you rather have a good defender for 2500 minutes a season or a great defender for 1200 minutes a season?". It's even more lopsided now considering Aldridge has shown he can be not just a good defender, but a great one.

Splitter, when healthy, is a great player and I'd love to have him back on the team as a bench guy. But relying on him as a starter and the only true big outside of a 40 year-old Duncan is an absolute recipe for disaster. As always, PATFO showed great foresight and made the right move.

james evans
02-04-2016, 11:41 AM
I said this several times during the offseason: even if Aldridge doesn't end up being as good as people hope, there will be a clear improvement just from the fact that he can give us 30+ mpg for 70+ games a season, whereas Tiago is giving you 20 mpg for 50 games. People were worried about the defense falling off due to replacing Splitter with Aldridge, but it comes down to "would you rather have a good defender for 2500 minutes a season or a great defender for 1200 minutes a season?". It's even more lopsided now considering Aldridge has shown he can be not just a good defender, but a great one.

Splitter, when healthy, is a great player and I'd love to have him back on the team as a bench guy. But relying on him as a starter and the only true big outside of a 40 year-old Duncan is an absolute recipe for disaster. As always, PATFO showed great foresight and made the right move.
Great????

TheDoctor
02-04-2016, 12:01 PM
More a more that trade proved to be a blessing. Coach Bud REALLY did us a solid picking up Splitter.

MultiTroll
02-04-2016, 12:05 PM
A lot of SpursTalk posters have played professional ball and did not miss games when they were pro.

Chinook
02-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Lost in all this "Lol Splitter" talk is the fact that the dude's career essentially ended before he was 30. He only had like four years in the NBA. And that's said. Tiago was a huge part of the team's resurgence, and without him, there's probably no LMA, since Tim would have retired years ago. He deserves more respect that he's getting from Spurs fans, for sure, especially considering that he isn't even on the team anymore.

So the Spurs got all of his good years, and people want to rag on him for being bad after the team dumped him for free and signed a better player. It's just bizarre.

daledondale
02-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Lost in all this "Lol Splitter" talk is the fact that the dude's career essentially ended before he was 30. He only had like four years in the NBA. And that's said. Tiago was a huge part of the team's resurgence, and without him, there's probably no LMA, since Tim would have retired years ago. He deserves more respect that he's getting from Spurs fans, for sure, especially considering that he isn't even on the team anymore.

So the Spurs got all of his good years, and people want to rag on him for being bad after the team dumped him for free and signed a better player. It's just bizarre.
I respect Tiago, but he's made of glass.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
02-04-2016, 12:29 PM
No Splitter, No Championship. Would have lost to the Mavs and despite sweeping the Grizz, every freakin game was close.

Guy was a top 3 one-on-one post defender in the league. Funny thing is, the guys I thought were the best, Splitter, Noah, and Chandler have just been injury plague the past couple of season. Makes you wonder why guys like Drob, Hakeen, Shaq, Zo, Mutumbo, etc. could play hard D in the post and not be injured year in and year out.

Chinook
02-04-2016, 12:38 PM
I respect Tiago, but he's made of glass.

He pulled the Spurs from a downward spiral and helped the team to a ring and fell apart. Don't get why that's funny. That's what I'm saying.

dabom
02-04-2016, 03:23 PM
I think its funny. :lmao

DrSteffo
02-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Too many stupid trolls on ST bashing good players...but that's their job...they are angry low-level wankers complaining about random stuff.

MaNu4Tres
02-04-2016, 05:31 PM
He pulled the Spurs from a downward spiral and helped the team to a ring and fell apart. Don't get why that's funny. That's what I'm saying.

Still wish it didn't take Pop 2 years to play him.

Spurs' ceiling would have been a lot higher had he started Splitter in 10-11' and 11-12', who knows what could have happened.

spursistan
02-09-2016, 02:41 PM
A persistent hip injury to Tiago Splitter (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3233/tiago-splitter) will also factor into the Hawks' strategy as sources say the reserve center is seeking opinions and considering surgery. Whatever his course of treatment, Splitter will be out for an extended period. His absence is very problematic for a Hawks team that ranks last in the league in rebounding rate, and is thin on its front line.

Damn Tiago might go under the knife..Dude looks near done..

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14745595/atlanta-hawks-entertain-deals-al-horford-jeff-teague-kyle-korver-trade-deadline

Sean Cagney
02-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Damn Tiago might go under the knife..Dude looks near done..

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14745595/atlanta-hawks-entertain-deals-al-horford-jeff-teague-kyle-korver-trade-deadline

As a Spurs fan who wanted him to do well and liked him for some of his time IN SA when he played this sucks for him. I hope he recovers.

K...
02-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Dang. Poor tiago. That hawks team has had the worse luck in 2015. Danny ferry must have put some major voodoo on them.

Chinook
02-09-2016, 05:12 PM
Dang. Poor tiago. That hawks team has had the worse luck in 2015. Danny ferry must have put some major voodoo on them.

Bud's a straight-awful GM. Dude essentially wasted two 15th-overall picks and traded the 16th-overall pick from the prior year. The best player the team has drafted recently was Ferry-picked Schoder (17th overall). And it was Ferry who brought in Millsap and brought back Korver. Ferry kept Teague. I'm honestly speechless as to how bad Bud's been.

elemento
02-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Bud's a straight-awful GM. Dude essentially wasted two 15th-overall picks and traded the 16th-overall pick from the prior year. The best player the team has drafted recently was Ferry-picked Schoder (17th overall). And it was Ferry who brought in Millsap and brought back Korver. Ferry kept Teague. I'm honestly speechless as to how bad Bud's been.

Nah Ferry did quite a poor job in the draft. Remember that Ferry was the GM during 3 drafts (12,13 and 14).

In 3 straight drafts, Ferry wasted 2 mid 1st round picks(Jenkins and Payne) and only drafted 1 decent guy (Schroder). Bud only took over as Presidente of BB Oper in 2015 and he actually fixed Ferry's mistake by trading Payne (who's a bust) for a future Minny 1st and then proceded to get 2 2nd round picks by trading down 4 spots in the draft.

In hindsight, we could argue that Ferry made a mistake by trading the rights of Jerian Grant for Hardway Jr, but at the time, I honestly think it was a move worth the risk.

He still has that future Minny 1st, 2 future 2nds and Hardaway Jr. Not the best work ever, but far from being awful.

Chinook
02-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Nah Ferry did quite a poor job in the draft. Remember that Ferry was the GM during 3 drafts (12,13 and 14).

In 3 straight drafts, Ferry wasted 2 mid 1st round picks(Jenkins and Payne) and only drafted 1 decent guy (Schroder). Bud only took over as Presidente of BB Oper in 2015 and he actually fixed Ferry's mistake by trading Payne (who's a bust) for a future Minny 1st and then proceded to get 2 2nd round picks by trading down 4 spots in the draft.

In hindsight, we could argue that Ferry made a mistake by trading the rights of Jerian Grant for Hardway Jr, but at the time, I honestly think it was a move worth the risk.

He still has that future Minny 1st, 2 future 2nds and Hardaway Jr. Not the best work ever, but far from being awful.

That THJ isn't playing pretty much erases his value. The Minny first will likely become a second in a couple of years. So now you have two Wizards seconds, which could be low if the team picks itself up and a Minny first that may not convey for two years of 15th-overall picks. And don't forget trade Noguiera and Williams away for nothing.

elemento
02-09-2016, 06:29 PM
That THJ isn't playing pretty much erases his value. The Minny first will likely become a second in a couple of years. So now you have two Wizards seconds, which could be low if the team picks itself up and a Minny first that may not convey for two years of 15th-overall picks. And don't forget trade Noguiera and Williams away for nothing.

Too early to say anything about THJ.

Splitter, who was supposed to be ready to take Atlanta's front-court to the next level has been terrible in Atlanta too even when healthy (words from a Hawks fan friend of mine). I'd give them 1 more year in Atlanta before coming with any conclusions.

Minny's 1st only become 2 2nd round picks in 2020. Minny could very well be a playoff team in the next couple of years, especially considering their young core. Still, even if Minny screws up once again, 2 2nds are way better than Payne. Again, Payne was Ferry's mistake, not Bud's.

Ferry was the GM when Atlanta traded Nogueira and Lou for cap space, not Bud.

DenialTwist
02-16-2016, 04:34 PM
Hawks' Tiago Splitter has elected to have season-ending surgery on his right hip.

https://twitter.com/cvivlamoreajc/status/699707530642132992

elemento
02-16-2016, 04:38 PM
I feel bad for him but thank god we traded his ass to get LMA :lol

Kawhitstorm
02-16-2016, 04:42 PM
Hawks' Tiago Splitter has elected to have season-ending surgery on his right hip.

https://twitter.com/cvivlamoreajc/status/699707530642132992

That means he will be completely healthy when PATFO re-acquire him for Diaw's fat ass during the Summer.:toast

Nathan89
02-16-2016, 04:43 PM
Should we have trade Diaw though?:lol

spursistan
02-16-2016, 04:44 PM

Yeah, it is really looking bad for Splitter future in this league with how slow-recovering his body is ..

NASpurs
02-16-2016, 04:45 PM

This, so much this. :lol

SAGirl
02-16-2016, 04:45 PM
^^^^ what you said.
When he was with Spurs, they investigated whether the chronic calf issues were related to the back. Hopefully the hip surgery was the source and it helps him. His career could be over otherwise... feel bad for him but we are glad not to have him.

With Timmy knee bothering him, this is the season we could have fallen to the lotto with both TD and Tiago injured and just Boban for a center....

Dark times. Feel kind of bad for Bud too. None of his summer moves paid off, the team got worse, not better and they are looking to blow it up. Thank our lucky stars we got LMA... look at the state of the suns.

spursistan
02-16-2016, 04:49 PM
Should we have trade Diaw though?:lol
:lmao Uriel

slick'81
02-16-2016, 04:51 PM
And down goes the golden god.....again

tmtcsc
02-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Just a shame for Splitter and the Hawks but an obvious boon for the Spurs that they were able to get rid of him.

loveforthegame
02-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Too bad. When healthy he can beast.

dabom
02-16-2016, 05:56 PM
I haven't followed the hawks but do they have a fire sell if Tiago was healthy?

Mayhem321
02-16-2016, 06:42 PM
Tough break for him. He'll also miss the olympic games in his home country.

Chinook
02-16-2016, 06:44 PM
The Spurs win trades even when they're just salary dumps.

Chris
02-16-2016, 06:52 PM
Wow we dodged a bullet - Splitter is D-O-N-E

Kawhitstorm
02-16-2016, 07:00 PM
Tough break for him. He'll also miss the olympic games in his home country.

Nene:lol
Varejao:lol
Tiago:lol

Brazilian big men:wow

benefactor
02-16-2016, 07:08 PM
:lmao Uriel
:lol

daslicer
02-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Always will be thankful for his role in the Spur resurgence during '11-'14.

Mayhem321
02-16-2016, 07:13 PM

You know it's bad when Tiago is the least injury prone of them :lol

MI21
02-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Forever thankful for Tiago in 2014, tbh.

02-16-2016, 07:51 PM
Damn, hope he makes a full recovery. Maybe Splitter can find his way back to the Spurs for cheap in a couple of years. He can be a good vet off the bench with limited minutes.

Splitter rescued the Spurs from the dark ages of Blair and Bonner starting. Before Splitter got heavy minutes, the Spurs got embarrassed by the power forwards of the West, most notably Zach Randolph in 2011. Spurs fans should be thankful. Splitter guarded LMA, Griffin, Dirk, Randolph, and Bosh very effectively.

spurs10
02-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Tiago is an NBA Champion...forever! Sorry to hear he's out for the season- for him and Bud. :flag:

Spur|n|Austin
02-16-2016, 10:39 PM

yep. this.

NameLess Scrub
02-17-2016, 09:21 AM

:wow

Brazilian BB must not like the NBA at all.

TheDoctor
02-17-2016, 09:47 AM
Tiago is an NBA Champion...forever!

Same as Jeff Ayres Pendergraph and Austin Daye.

100%duncan
02-17-2016, 10:15 AM
Trade Diaw tho

Mel_13
02-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Hello, my friends! Unfortunately, I will perform surgery on my right hip and will be approximately 8 months out.

I've been fighting since the beginning of this season with severe pain in the hip that made me play several times at my limit. I never resigned myself to be off the court for any reason. I always loved to play, either for my team or the Brazilian national team.
But these pains increased and become increasingly unbearable. I did all the treatments and therapies available, however nothing solved the pain I felt, and it only increased with every single game.

During this time, I had the Hawks medical team and phisios always helping me, but we had to make this difficult decision, that involves more than this season or the Olympics dream in my country, but it reaches my personal health and my career.

No one feels more than myself! It was the hardest decision of my career and even more for someone like me who never had any injury to take me to the operating room.

My surgery will be held in New York on February 25th. I want to thank all the messages of support I have received!

All the best,
Tiago Splitter

https://www.instagram.com/p/BB5hb7Rs_lM/

timtonymanu
02-17-2016, 02:27 PM

This. Plus he always was a stand up guy. Sucks his injury troubles have not gone away.

james evans
02-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Trade is looking better with each passing week

TheDoctor
02-18-2016, 10:39 AM

Geriatric Tiago can't stay healthy tbh. Just glad he stayed useful in 2014 and helped us winning 5 tho'.

bigfan
02-18-2016, 10:42 AM
I'd swap Boban for an injured Tiago (not gonna happen but ya never know!)

TheGreatYacht
02-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Mugen lmao

TheDoctor
02-18-2016, 11:59 AM
You need a brazilian leather couch in your home?

Knoxxx
02-18-2016, 03:15 PM

My thoughts exactly. This means we are getting Aldridge for about $12-$13 million I believe, the difference between his and Splitter salary. Now THAT is a bargain in today's NBA for sure!

UNT Eagles 2016
02-19-2016, 01:51 PM
:lol dumping Shitter on the hawks

Sean Cagney
02-19-2016, 03:09 PM

He is out for the season, how would that help exactly?

BatManu20
02-26-2016, 03:07 PM

K...
02-26-2016, 03:24 PM
Lmao...everything went great except he can't walk without crutches. Did he ever say what they were doing? I just read hip surgery. Surely they took something out or put something in.

cjw
02-26-2016, 03:29 PM
He is out for the season, how would that help exactly?

Not to mention the rule restricting the Spurs from reacquiring for a year, but who cares about rules?

Hope he recovers from this and glad he got his one fat contract.

timtonymanu
02-26-2016, 03:37 PM
Tiago's a good dude. He's had shitty luck with injuries. GWS.

Sean Cagney
02-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Not to mention the rule restricting the Spurs from reacquiring for a year, but who cares about rules?

Hope he recovers from this and glad he got his one fat contract.

Indeed.

Stand
02-26-2016, 04:11 PM
Lmao...everything went great except he can't walk without crutches. Did he ever say what they were doing? I just read hip surgery. Surely they took something out or put something in.

Usually you don't walk out of surgery and do backflips and so I'm not quite sure why that is so funny?

K...
02-26-2016, 04:58 PM
Usually you don't walk out of surgery and do backflips and so I'm not quite sure why that is so funny?

It's the juxtaposition of tiago looking sad on crutches with the upbeat tweet text. I understand the whole "one day at a time" thing here, but he's looking at months of recovery with a big question of whether he's actually fixed enough to play basketball. He's being cheery for the sake of being cheery

Stand
02-27-2016, 07:45 PM
It's the juxtaposition of tiago looking sad on crutches with the upbeat tweet text. I understand the whole "one day at a time" thing here, but he's looking at months of recovery with a big question of whether he's actually fixed enough to play basketball. He's being cheery for the sake of being cheery

Oh I don't know. If you have ever had a mysterious illness or had a nagging injury sometimes it just getting diagnosed can be huge weight off your shoulders. Following through with a surgery to correct it has to really have him feeling like he is going in a positive direction and that can definitely make a mofo cheery even when he has got a hard road ahead.