PDA

View Full Version : So tonight weŽll see the future of Spurs

kaji157
11-27-2015, 01:51 PM
Parker Leonard Aldridge and Green are the ones called to continue the Spurs legacy after the two most popular players of the team retire.

Also the bench will have to show who is capable of playing without their two generals.

Will be a nice game to watch as a foresight of times to come.

Thoughts?

dabom
11-27-2015, 01:55 PM
Spurs by 20. :lol

spursistan
11-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Spurs by 20. :lol
other than the Nets game..i don't the think the Spurs have had a 20 pt lead on any team this season, tbh..Our 3 ball haven't been there to blow out opponents..Expecting this to be another 5-7 point game either way..

SAGirl
11-27-2015, 02:04 PM
I think Mills will have a bounce back game. He has proven to have marbles, but he does need to chuck less and get others involved more.

Tony/Kawhi/LMA get to continue to work on their chemistry, and are starting to hit their stride as group. It will only get better from here.

Danny is Danny, he'll get it together or not, he's been up and down shooting, but has already at least hit multiple threes in some games, and he will still bring his defense and effort.

I look forward to seeing the other guys in the bench a little bit.

We'll likely see a lot of Diaw, since he's been getting the short end of minutes in a string of games already. Hopefully he has a good game.

kaji157
11-27-2015, 02:17 PM
I think Mills will have a bounce back game. He has proven to have marbles, but he does need to chuck less and get others involved more.

Tony/Kawhi/LMA get to continue to work on their chemistry, and are starting to hit their stride as group. It will only get better from here.

Danny is Danny, he'll get it together or not, he's been up and down shooting, but has already at least hit multiple threes in some games, and he will still bring his defense and effort.

We'll likely see a lot of Diaw, since he's been getting the short end of minutes in a string of games already. Hopefully he has a good game.

If Tony continues to play as well as heŽs been playing, the Spurs will start kicking on all cylinders in no time.

That stagnant offense for the SL becomes a lot more fluent when TP forces a breakdown in the defense.

SouthernFried
11-27-2015, 03:12 PM
This should be VERY interesting to watch.

2 guard spot is, by far, our weakest area on the court and the one I'll be most interested in watching. Danny's no all star, and coming off the bench after him?? Diaw will have passing duties tonight, because...well, who else will do it? I think Tony will be trying to carry the team and playing Hero ball, instead if just running the team. Should be fun tonight...and prolly funner here tomorrow :)

SASdynasty!
11-27-2015, 03:14 PM
That's awesome, excited to see how the future looks.

gambit1990
11-27-2015, 03:52 PM
yeah, will be a glimpse into the future. it's just missing whoever we'll sign after they retire...

apalisoc_9
11-27-2015, 03:54 PM
That's awesome, excited to see how the future looks.
Hopefully a new pg

sasaint
11-27-2015, 04:02 PM

I hope we get strong performances from Danny, Patty, Kyle and Boban. Lauvergne is likely to play for Denver, in addition to Hickson and Jokic. I think they may pose problems for LMA/DWest/Diaw alone. Without Timmy, I expect Boban to get some time, and I hope he produces. I expect to see Kyle at both the 3 and 4, and I hope he has a great game. I think it sets up pretty well for him. Heck, he may even start.

Perhaps we will finally get to see Ray play some meaningful minutes.

Mel_13
11-27-2015, 04:08 PM
I hope we get strong performances from Danny, Patty, Kyle and Boban. Lauvergne is likely to play for Denver, in addition to Hickson and Jokic. I think they may pose problems for LMA/DWest/Diaw alone. Without Timmy, I expect Boban to get some time, and I hope he produces. I expect to see Kyle at both the 3 and 4, and I hope he has a great game. I think it sets up pretty well for him. Heck, he may even start.

Lauvergne is out, was announced along with Faried.

Spurtacular
11-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Parker Leonard Aldridge and Green are the ones called to continue the Spurs legacy after the two most popular players of the team retire.

Also the bench will have to show who is capable of playing without their two generals.

Thoughts?

By the time, Duncan and Manu retire, Parker will be on his last legs. Yea, you can call him the future on a technical level though.

LittleCriminal
11-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Hopefully Boban will see some burn tonight.. Spurs by 12 if Boban plays.

sasaint
11-27-2015, 04:12 PM

Thoughts?

Don't know if Pop will start DWest again or cross us up and maybe start Kyle. Pop - who knows? I think we need strong performances from both of those guys. Plus we need 1 of Danny/Patty to be hot. My personal hope is for Simmons or McCallum to get an opportunity and shine.

TD 21
11-27-2015, 04:16 PM

This one's got small ball written all over it (only Nuggets bigs available: Jokic, Hickson, Arthur; expect Gallinari to play a lot of PF), which will continue a disturbing trend considering this team is not built to play that game, particularly with one of their three quality wings out.

Given the Nuggets lack of size at SG and the Spurs need for a shooting/scoring wing off the bench, McCallum should be the backup SG tonight. He should have been last game too, with the Mavs' four PG rotation.

sasaint
11-27-2015, 04:17 PM
By the time, Duncan and Manu retire, Parker will be on his last legs. Yea, you can call him the future on a technical level though.

I am not a Tony hater; I cheer for him. But yeah, the future only in the sense that we will be paying him for a year or possibly 2 after Timmy and Manu are gone. Hopefully we will have identified our real future PG by then.

YGWHI
11-27-2015, 05:12 PM
The Spurs have a bright future :flag:

But it could shine brighter if Kyle and McCallum reach their full potential. Hope Ray can get some minutes this season...

apalisoc_9
11-27-2015, 05:23 PM
The players SA is going to surround Kawhi with are Boban-Kyle-Ray..

SMDH

spursistan
11-27-2015, 05:38 PM
IF TD/Manu retire, the Spurs won't be able to contend without another high IQ playmaker (SG/PG) star in his prime next to Kawhi/LMA..

spurtech09
11-27-2015, 07:15 PM
I still think the spurs need another 3pt shooter....