PDA

View Full Version : Star Citizen

Cry Havoc
11-27-2015, 11:35 PM
Well, apparently several pages of the Tech Forum are gone now, so I'll restart the thread.

oC17567Zg8Y

This is looking sick. :tu

baseline bum
11-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Which do you think releases first, Star Citizen or 10 GHz processors on graphene?

DJR210
11-28-2015, 12:46 AM
I'm guessing this shit's gonna exceed Molyneaux level of disappointment tbh

baseline bum
11-28-2015, 12:49 AM
If this game is anything less than Ocarina of Time level good it's going to be the biggest disappointment considering the enormous hype.

Cry Havoc
11-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Which do you think releases first, Star Citizen or 10 GHz processors on graphene?

I'm betting that the persistent universe beta is launched by fall of 2016. Definitely a long time, but it's honestly already a blast to play. I can't even fathom what kind of experience this could be on Vive or the Rift.

Cry Havoc
11-29-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm guessing this shit's gonna exceed Molyneaux level of disappointment tbh

I doubt it. Molyneaux failed because he was so trusting of his own genius. SC is really listening to feedback to assist in how this game should feel. It's a crowd-funded, crowd-designed effort. I think it's going to be massively fun.

baseline bum
11-29-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm betting that the persistent universe beta is launched by fall of 2016. Definitely a long time, but it's honestly already a blast to play. I can't even fathom what kind of experience this could be on Vive or the Rift.

Forgot about the Rift. But you'll probably have to have a high-end Pascal or Arctic Islands GPU pushing that shit though, since you'll need to be at a locked 90 fps. Probably an i7 too since that's CryEngine.

Cry Havoc
11-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Forgot about the Rift. But you'll probably have to have a high-end Pascal or Arctic Islands GPU pushing that shit though, since you'll need to be at a locked 90 fps. Probably an i7 too since that's CryEngine.

Probably, but this is a game that will be designed to run on systems for the next 5-10 years, much like Crysis. Right now I can run it on high at around 50fps, but that's on unoptimized code.

baseline bum
11-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Probably, but this is a game that will be designed to run on systems for the next 5-10 years, much like Crysis. Right now I can run it on high at around 50fps, but that's on unoptimized code.

I hope so, Crysis 1 is still a great game with awesome graphics 8 years later. But if it was as hard to run as Crysis 1 for the time you'd be getting about 20 fps on high. :lol

DJR210
11-29-2015, 03:59 PM
I doubt it. Molyneaux failed because he was so trusting of his own genius. SC is really listening to feedback to assist in how this game should feel. It's a crowd-funded, crowd-designed effort. I think it's going to be massively fun.

I hope so, the concept is there.

Cry Havoc
12-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Just got my PTU invite. Downloaded and verified it last night, will play it some today and give you guys my impressions. :tu

in2deep
12-02-2015, 01:00 PM
dogfighting without gravity looks boring IMO

Xevious
12-04-2015, 10:28 PM
Sounds like Eve Online? Or am I way off? I was reading the wiki page amd it lost me at "massive multiplayer".

I've not played a good space sim since the Freespace games though.

Cry Havoc
12-05-2015, 01:44 AM
Sounds like Eve Online? Or am I way off? I was reading the wiki page amd it lost me at "massive multiplayer".

I've not played a good space sim since the Freespace games though.

Eve Online isn't really the same thing. It's more of a role playing game set in space. People refer to it as spreadsheet simulator online. :lol It's really fucking deep/complex.

SC is a hybrid game that combines a flight sim with FPS and EVAs. It will be much more accessible and easy to learn than Eve, and as of now is by far the most graphically impressive game (technically speaking) ever created. It's going to have a massive variety of players and playstyles and a real world living economy, just like Eve, with no monthly fee to play.

Xevious
12-05-2015, 03:49 AM
Yeah Eve was complicated as hell, and all I did was solo missions. Got bored after all my upgrades were a month or so each real time to complete. Then there were the losers that camped the jump gates.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-05-2015, 01:49 PM
I got in early with the Cutlass and I agree with what you are saying about the dev feedback. The Cutlass community is noticeably bitchy and I've never seen devs do more to keep a group of people happy. We get reworks when we bitch and now that they are nerfing our thrusters and hardpoints it looks like we might be given some pretty fabulous cross chassis offers.

I cannot troll their forums too much. They seem like too much of a company that I like. Single player will be out soon. The way they delay and perfect things without the typical publisher/financier breathing down their neck means it might be well over a year before we see the multiplayer persistent world.

DMC
12-12-2015, 04:43 PM
What do you think of Elite Dangerous? They are introducing planetary landings in a galaxy with 400 billion stars (actually one system with 400 billion repeats of the same cut scene). The graphics look good, but not sure about the game play.

baseline bum
12-21-2015, 04:40 PM
Wasn't this an AMD Gaming Evolved game? And the GTX 970 outperforms the $100 more expensive R9 390x at 1080p? :lol

http://media.gamersnexus.net/images/media/2015/game-bench/star-citizen/star-citizen-bench-1080vh.png

http://media.gamersnexus.net/images/media/2015/game-bench/star-citizen/star-citizen-bench-1080high.png

http://media.gamersnexus.net/images/media/2015/game-bench/star-citizen/star-citizen-bench-1080med.png

FuzzyLumpkins
12-21-2015, 05:32 PM
970 is nice. Is the game stable yet? They just fused multiple engines and it was crashing a lot.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-21-2015, 05:44 PM
What do you think of Elite Dangerous? They are introducing planetary landings in a galaxy with 400 billion stars (actually one system with 400 billion repeats of the same cut scene). The graphics look good, but not sure about the game play.

Elite Dangerous? I don't know if your asking this question of me but I haven't played it in over a year so I couldn't comment on the planet stuff. I thought their faction system both the original concept and the expansion to give a story to it all was poorly conceived and implemented. Too campy.

It's all procedurally generated and doesn't have too much depth. I find it boring outside of running from PC pirate fleets or the occasional good battle. It's a decent flight sim but I'd rather play war thunder for that.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Well logged in to check it out. They appear to have turned off the group finder in instance select.

Game is more stable but the spaceships don't stay where they spawn, moving around on the landing pad and wrecking things including itself.

Good times. I think it is very impressive that they had the capability to change their engine 2+ years into development and the stability has increased significantly over the past two patches. STill plays like shit right now.

DJR210
12-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Can't wait to play this in 11 years :tu

Cry Havoc
08-24-2016, 12:29 AM
3l-epO6oUHE

Holy shit.

baseline bum
08-24-2016, 07:53 AM
3l-epO6oUHE

Holy shit.

Meh, they have pushed this game back so far and so many times I don't give a shit about it any more. If this actually going to release this year?

Cry Havoc
08-24-2016, 06:52 PM
Meh, they have pushed this game back so far and so many times I don't give a shit about it any more. If this actually going to release this year?

It's the most ambitious game in history. SC alpha 3.0 is out this year. They're taking their time with it. How can you not care about a game when they're actually taking the time to do it right? Rushing a game is how you get a piece of shit like No Man's Sky. :lol

Alpha 3 is already going to be one of the most immersive games in history. For comparison, Alan wake took 6 years. Too human took 9. Prey took 11. Dragon age took at least 5. Elder scrolls III took 6 and had over 100 man hour years invested in it. Fallout 3 took 6. HL2 took 5. LA Noire took 7. I could go on. SC is now in it's 5th year of development, and the size and complexity of this game makes GTA look tiny by comparison. It might not release a full version in 2017 but what's already there by the time it does is going to be well beyond anything we've ever seen in gaming in terms of scope and technical prowess. The reason it's been "pushed back" is because it was initially supposed to be a single player space flight game with 5 or 6 ships to fly. Now it's a single player campaign, an MMO (subscription free) in space with dozens to hundreds of different activities to participate in, and it's blending FPS and boarding parties into the mix as well as full planetary landings with no cinematic breaks. So yeah, they've pushed it back from a fairly ambitious game to easily the most ambitious game ever created. :lol

baseline bum
08-24-2016, 07:20 PM
It's the most ambitious game in history. SC alpha 3.0 is out this year. They're taking their time with it. How can you not care about a game when they're actually taking the time to do it right? Rushing a game is how you get a piece of shit like No Man's Sky. :lol

Alpha 3 is already going to be one of the most immersive games in history. For comparison, Alan wake took 6 years. Too human took 9. Prey took 11. Dragon age took at least 5. Elder scrolls III took 6 and had over 100 man hour years invested in it. Fallout 3 took 6. HL2 took 5. LA Noire took 7. I could go on. SC is now in it's 5th year of development, and the size and complexity of this game makes GTA look tiny by comparison. It might not release a full version in 2017 but what's already there by the time it does is going to be well beyond anything we've ever seen in gaming in terms of scope and technical prowess. The reason it's been "pushed back" is because it was initially supposed to be a single player space flight game with 5 or 6 ships to fly. Now it's a single player campaign, an MMO (subscription free) in space with dozens to hundreds of different activities to participate in, and it's blending FPS and boarding parties into the mix as well as full planetary landings with no cinematic breaks. So yeah, they've pushed it back from a fairly ambitious game to easily the most ambitious game ever created. :lol

Games that keep failing to meet deadlines almost always end up really disappointing though. When AMD was offering Star Citizen ships two years ago with their video cards I was getting excited about the game, like it was near release. And now we're not even seeing it in 2017? It's looking like they're biting off more than they can chew with this game.

Cry Havoc
08-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Games that keep failing to meet deadlines almost always end up really disappointing though. When AMD was offering Star Citizen ships two years ago with their video cards I was getting excited about the game, like it was near release. And now we're not even seeing it in 2017? It's looking like they're biting off more than they can chew with this game.

They had no idea they were going to bring in $120,000,000 in buy-in. Remember, their initial kickstarter goal was something like 2 million. They decided to forgo making the game that was easy and limited and do something really insane.

It might suck, but all signs so far are pointing to just an incredible experience. Did you watch the demo? That full planetary landing is fucking beyond anything I've ever seen in a game. The game doesn't need to be at full version for it to be an amazing experience, and I plan to start sinking a ton of time into it with alpha 3.0. It's already going to be the deepest space sim ever at that point.

baseline bum
08-24-2016, 08:47 PM
They had no idea they were going to bring in $120,000,000 in buy-in. Remember, their initial kickstarter goal was something like 2 million. They decided to forgo making the game that was easy and limited and do something really insane.

It might suck, but all signs so far are pointing to just an incredible experience. Did you watch the demo? That full planetary landing is fucking beyond anything I've ever seen in a game. The game doesn't need to be at full version for it to be an amazing experience, and I plan to start sinking a ton of time into it with alpha 3.0. It's already going to be the deepest space sim ever at that point.

Meh, no one should play alpha games unless they're getting paid for it. That's going to be so buggy.

DJR210
08-24-2016, 10:36 PM

It looks pretty damn good for a F2P game tbh

DJR210
08-24-2016, 10:38 PM
With a game of this scope, Wild Cobra is gonna need at least 4 more 1440p monitors to fit his spreadsheet

08-25-2016, 06:37 AM
With a game of this scope, Wild Cobra (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8523) is gonna need at least 4 more 1440p monitors to fit his spreadsheet
:lmao

ElNono
08-25-2016, 10:09 AM
To get a good comparison of SC complexity, we're likely introducing the game we're working on at PSX in December and shipping by February, and it will more or less take 1.5 excel sheets, tbh

DJR210
08-25-2016, 01:21 PM
To get a good comparison of SC complexity, we're likely introducing the game we're working on at PSX in December and shipping by February, and it will more or less take 1.5 excel sheets, tbh

:lol you and your fucking bare bones hints at your profession.. shit I don't blame you, I'm sure your HR department has a full section dedicated to Spurstalk posting disciplinary procedure

DJR210
08-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Double post

ElNono
08-25-2016, 02:02 PM
:lol you and your fucking bare bones hints at your profession.. shit I don't blame you, I'm sure your HR department has a full section dedicated to Spurstalk posting disciplinary procedure

That's actually 2 excel sheets worth, tbh :lol

ElNono
08-25-2016, 02:08 PM
Honest to god I can't believe this game hasn't been outed as a scam yet, tbh

DJR210
08-25-2016, 03:28 PM

It's the disinfo agents tbh

baseline bum
08-25-2016, 03:42 PM

And to think Cry Havoc is actually talking like he's going over to the Nvidia side to build a rig for this POS game. :lol

DMC
08-25-2016, 05:11 PM
With a game of this scope, Wild Cobra (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8523) is gonna need at least 4 more 1440p monitors to fit his spreadsheet
lol

DJR210
08-25-2016, 05:51 PM
:lmao the tech forum has been a pretty solid place lately.. Thanks to sociopaths like WC and Ratchet n Clank providing good :lol material :tu

DJR210
08-25-2016, 05:52 PM
And to think Cry Havoc is actually talking like he's going over to the Nvidia side to build a rig for this POS game. :lol

:lol :cry havoc

baseline bum
10-11-2016, 11:16 PM

Fucking shit, we're not even going to see this game in 2017 :lol

It doesn't even look that impressive anymore. In 2014 this game looked unbelievable, but AAA games have caught up now.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/237434-star-citizen-single-player-delayed-indefinitely

Star Citizen single-player delayed indefinitely
By Joel Hruska on October 11, 2016 at 2:21 pm 65 Comments

Cloud Imperium Games, makers of the sprawling, controversial, and long-delayed space simulator/FPS shooter/single-player space combat title known as Star Citizen, announced the game’s single-player campaign, Squadron 42, will be delayed indefinitely. The reason is simple: With so much left undone, there are huge chunks of the single-player campaign yet unfinished. CIG had originally promised Squadron 42 would ship in 2016, but it’s now clear there’s no way that could happen. The fact that the company has yet to announce a new shipping date isn’t particularly promising, either.

This slide is courtesy of Kotaku UK, which recently did a huge write-up on what happened to Star Marine, the FPS segment of Star Citizen, as well as an overview of Star Citizen as a whole. That story does much to explain what happened, and paints its delays and troubles as being born of both technical difficulties — CryEngine was never designed to deliver the kind of title Chris Roberts, the CEO of CIG and the creator of game franchises like Wing Commander, wanted to create. Overhauling the engine has, according to some CIG developers, been more work than actually writing a new engine from scratch would have been.

Keeping so many different teams of workers building separate components of the game on the same page led to other problems. Kotaku writes that the entire Star Marine assets had to be continually rewritten because the design targets were changing at CIG HQ. At one point, after months of work, CIG discovered that one of its contractors had created all of their content to the wrong scale — meaning none of it could be integrated into the game. Tearing up and redoing all that work was an agonizing process, and there’s apparently been a lot of work that needed to be redone at one point or another.

Rigbht now, Star Citizen’s plan is to bring one chapter of the campaign to a final polish, and then showcase that chapter as both an illustration that something is being done on the title and to demonstrate the art and style choices that have been shown in some screenshots and videos. Kotaku UK’s extensive reporting (which you really ought to read) notes that there is no sign of the fraud or rampant abuse of funds that some corners of the internet have insisted must exist. It also notes CIG has brought a great deal of development that used to be spun off to contractors in-house. The company has realigned itself to better execute its own vision. But that vision remains utterly unprecedented in terms of scope, and that alone could be enough to doom the project.

What people often don’t realize is that building a game as complex as Star Citizen requires an equally unprecedented level of backend management and system integration. You need a game engine that can tie all these various components together, a physics engine that can handle interactions between human beings, small starships, or giant capital ships. There was no way to jimmy the CryEngine into providing these capabilities without fundamentally rewriting it, because no other modern game has tried to do these things (Battlecruiser 3000 AD took a stab at it, but that game was stuck in its own development hell for years).

It’ll be surprising if we see Squadron 42 in 2017 at all, and Kotaku writes they still don’t expect Star Citizen to launch as a whole within the next year or two. When we’ll finally see the shipping title is anyone’s guess.

:lol Fucking Duke Nukem Forever all over again :lol
:cry Cry Havoc :cry

Anyone think Star Citizen will beat Half Life 3 to market?

ElNono
10-11-2016, 11:53 PM
shit, Derrick Rose came back before this game went on sale...

lefty
10-12-2016, 11:33 AM
shit, Derrick Rose came back before this game went on sale...
Im friend with the Star Citizen Producer who is based in Montreal (I recruited for Star Citizen) he left that ship a few months ago :lol
Too much micromanagement from Chris Robers

baseline bum
10-12-2016, 01:03 PM
Im friend with the Star Citizen Producer who is based in Montreal (I recruited for Star Citizen) he left that ship a few months ago :lol
Too much micromanagement from Chris Robers

Let me guess: he left for Syria?

lefty
10-12-2016, 01:37 PM
Let me guess: he left for Syria?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/22/fe/23/22fe23598cb9ad14b2ed83296e341668.gif

baseline bum
10-12-2016, 01:42 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/22/fe/23/22fe23598cb9ad14b2ed83296e341668.gif

You're not talking about wojtek?

lefty
10-12-2016, 02:02 PM
You're not talking about wojtek?
Obviously not

Wojtek can not be reached at this time

Cry Havoc
10-12-2016, 09:11 PM
Fucking shit, we're not even going to see this game in 2017 :lol

It doesn't even look that impressive anymore. In 2014 this game looked unbelievable, but AAA games have caught up now.

:lol Fucking Duke Nukem Forever all over again :lol
:cry Cry Havoc :cry

Anyone think Star Citizen will beat Half Life 3 to market?

Alpha 3.0 will be out around year's end. Just keep talking shit.

Cry Havoc
10-12-2016, 09:11 PM
pdCFTF8j7yI

Yeah dude, this game looks fucking *terrible*.

baseline bum
10-12-2016, 09:24 PM
pdCFTF8j7yI

Yeah dude, this game looks fucking *terrible*.

That'll be like XBox Three level graphics by the time that shit launches tbh.

Cry Havoc
10-12-2016, 09:48 PM
That'll be like XBox Three level graphics by the time that shit launches tbh.

So the fact that we already have working demos of this means nothing? This is Cryengine 3. It already looks fucking beautiful in it's Alpha state.

baseline bum
10-12-2016, 09:50 PM
So the fact that we already have working demos of this means nothing? This is Cryengine 3. It already looks fucking beautiful in it's Alpha state.

I'm just clowning man, I really want this game to live up to the hype.

Cry Havoc
10-13-2016, 09:38 PM
I'm just clowning man, I really want this game to live up to the hype.

Me too.

But hell, it's hype is one of the greatest games ever.

Even if it misses that and "only" becomes the greatest space sim ever, I'll be more than satisfied. As soon as it gets to a more playable state, I'm picking up VR. Wondering if Oculus/Vive will release new headsets in 2017 though.

DJR210
10-14-2016, 12:42 PM
No Man's Sky 1.5 tbh

:lol :cry Cry Havoc :cry :lol

Cry Havoc
10-14-2016, 09:46 PM
No Man's Sky 1.5 tbh

:lol :cry Cry Havoc :cry :lol

hehehe

baseline bum
12-26-2016, 09:47 AM
LOL Star Citizen just dumped CryEngine to use Amazon's Lumberjack. LOL Crytek is dead.

DJR210
12-27-2016, 07:17 AM
So how many more years added before :cry Havoc can get his hands on this shit now?

baseline bum
12-27-2016, 07:35 AM
So how many more years added before :cry Havoc can get his hands on this shit now?

By the time this shit comes out the Nintendo console of the day will be able to play it at 4k 60 fps tbh.

Cry Havoc
12-27-2016, 12:12 PM

2.6 just launched with Star Marine (the FPS side of the game) included.

This is literally the most open, transparent development of a video game, perhaps entertainment product, in history. Every single log and change is available on their website. Star Citizen's development is more open and honest than our own government. :lol You guys should be applauding the standards they're setting. They're making literally the most ambitious, complete video game ever created, and that takes a ton of time and effort. This is at least an order of magnitude more complex than a game like GTA V.

I fully expect Alpha 3.0 to launch at some point in early/mid 2017, and by then it will already be one of the most complex, intricate games ever created -- while still in an Alpha state.

DJR210
12-27-2016, 01:42 PM
By the time its ready to launch they'll opt to redo the entire game in Unreal 7

ElNono
05-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Video Game Raised $148 Million From Fans. Now It’s Raising Concerns.

Mark Kearns, 38, a web designer and gamer from Chicago, stumbled upon a new video game called Star Citizen while online in late 2013. The game, which was in development, promised to revive the spaceflight simulation genre with a sprawling universe for players to explore.

Intrigued, Mr. Kearns decided to pledge money to see the game come to fruition. In total, he donated $175, which gained him access to Star Citizen’s alpha version — a playable version of the game in its early stages — plus a virtual ship to use in the game.

Mr. Kearns and others have now vaulted Star Citizen into the record books. Since 2013, the game has quietly amassed more than $148 million in funding — all from regular people who have donated either through the crowdfunding site Kickstarter or through the game’s online donations page. The amount is a record for a crowdfunded video game, and one of the largest for any crowdfunded project. Star Citizen’s developer, Cloud Imperium Games, has not taken any money from traditional financiers.

“My expectation was that we’d raise around $4 million,” said Chris Roberts, 48, the founder of Cloud Imperium Games. “I had investors lined up to help with the rest but Sandy, my wife, told me not to worry about investors — that we’d make it to $20 million. I told her she was crazy, and then it kind of went from there.”

Yet the gigantic sum of money has created issues for Star Citizen, which began with a modest goal of raising $500,000 in 2012. As the dollars have mounted, the ambitions of Cloud Imperium Games have grown, and the game’s official release has repeatedly been pushed back. Some gamers have demanded refunds. One even filed a formal complaint (https://www.polygon.com/2016/7/15/12198614/how-one-frustrated-star-citizen-backer-got-thousands-of-dollars) with the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office last year.

Read More: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/technology/personaltech/video-game-raised-148-million-from-fans-now-its-raising-issues.html

FuzzyLumpkins
05-10-2017, 06:00 PM
I find the people trying to channel their inner game publisher complaining about launch dates to be humorous. I know a couple of you are programmers yourselves and it reeks of Stockholm Syndrome.

The game does not have to follow those conventions. Unless they run out of funding the company is going nowhere. Comparing it to Duke Nukem who struggled to find funding for decades is plain ignorant.

baseline bum
05-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Video Game Raised $148 Million From Fans. Now It’s Raising Concerns.

Mark Kearns, 38, a web designer and gamer from Chicago, stumbled upon a new video game called Star Citizen while online in late 2013. The game, which was in development, promised to revive the spaceflight simulation genre with a sprawling universe for players to explore.

Intrigued, Mr. Kearns decided to pledge money to see the game come to fruition. In total, he donated $175, which gained him access to Star Citizen’s alpha version — a playable version of the game in its early stages — plus a virtual ship to use in the game.

Mr. Kearns and others have now vaulted Star Citizen into the record books. Since 2013, the game has quietly amassed more than $148 million in funding — all from regular people who have donated either through the crowdfunding site Kickstarter or through the game’s online donations page. The amount is a record for a crowdfunded video game, and one of the largest for any crowdfunded project. Star Citizen’s developer, Cloud Imperium Games, has not taken any money from traditional financiers.

“My expectation was that we’d raise around $4 million,” said Chris Roberts, 48, the founder of Cloud Imperium Games. “I had investors lined up to help with the rest but Sandy, my wife, told me not to worry about investors — that we’d make it to $20 million. I told her she was crazy, and then it kind of went from there.”

Yet the gigantic sum of money has created issues for Star Citizen, which began with a modest goal of raising $500,000 in 2012. As the dollars have mounted, the ambitions of Cloud Imperium Games have grown, and the game’s official release has repeatedly been pushed back. Some gamers have demanded refunds. One even filed a formal complaint (https://www.polygon.com/2016/7/15/12198614/how-one-frustrated-star-citizen-backer-got-thousands-of-dollars) with the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office last year.

Read More: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/technology/personaltech/video-game-raised-148-million-from-fans-now-its-raising-issues.html

Nono man, you do a lot of work with Sony. Can you tell me if there is going to be a PS6 port of this?

ElNono
05-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Nono man, you do a lot of work with Sony. Can you tell me if there is going to be a PS6 port of this?

can't comment on unreleased products, tbh :\

Cry Havoc
05-11-2017, 09:15 PM
I find the people trying to channel their inner game publisher complaining about launch dates to be humorous. I know a couple of you are programmers yourselves and it reeks of Stockholm Syndrome.

The game does not have to follow those conventions. Unless they run out of funding the company is going nowhere. Comparing it to Duke Nukem who struggled to find funding for decades is plain ignorant.

Yup. And if they released it on time and it wasn't very good people would shit on them too.

DMC
05-17-2017, 09:59 PM
I see this as a conundrum as well. On one hand you have to release something eventually, but on the other the fan boys will excuse every missed deadline because "you cannot rush it" as if they are waiting for it to be released as the Star Citizen Holodeck.

I agree that it has to mature, but so does the crowd and eventually those folks won't care so much about it any more, and let's be honest with ourselves; once it's released formally its' going to be ganking and pew pew and all the neat concepts that limited play seems to indicate as immersive and hours of cool group play will be "we want privacy" and a bunch of assholes will ruin the game just like every other online game.

ElNono
05-17-2017, 10:34 PM
tbh, I'm not invested in the game outcome, just shared a story about it