PDA

View Full Version : Don't run the offense through him...

apalisoc_9
11-27-2015, 11:48 PM
-Don't let him take midrange shots
-LMA is the focal point of the offense
- Let Kawhi concentrate on D

fuck these mainstream gives me a headache.

Kawhi by far the best player on both ends of the floor...BY FAR.

:toast To real spursfans who saw it the same way as Pop and FO. FkLA, nigga gtfih

HarlemHeat37
11-27-2015, 11:50 PM
:lol I want to vomit every time they run an Aldridge post play, tbh..

Aldridge post up = Danny left-handed floater

apalisoc_9
11-27-2015, 11:52 PM

I made a comment about that in preseason and how terrible it is for Danny and Parker...

But Mainstreams just gotta do what mainstreams do..

Can't you see he averaged 24ppg..his post ups is going to help us :lol

loveforthegame
11-27-2015, 11:52 PM
Nothing but a spot up shooter. Just focus on defense. :lol

ducks
11-28-2015, 12:04 AM
Do u never use the game thread
U attention whore

ChumpDumper
11-28-2015, 12:07 AM
Vanilla player fan whore thread.

dabom
11-28-2015, 12:09 AM
OP one of the great ones. :toast

Mnky
11-28-2015, 12:09 AM
They ran the offense through Parker. Kawhi handed it off every time while Parker set up the plays. Kawhi does good as a system player.

DAF86
11-28-2015, 12:11 AM

We need him to get it going though, tbh. Using the biggest Free agency sign of this franchise as just a pick and pop guy is not going to get it done. Either get him going somehow or trade him.

Nathan89
11-28-2015, 12:18 AM
-Trade him for Beal and Ariza:lmao

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2015, 12:20 AM
We need him to get it going though, tbh. Using the biggest Free agency sign of this franchise as just a pick and pop guy is not going to get it done. Either get him going somehow or trade him.

Portland didn't use him in the same way, at all, though IIRC..he looks really awkward and hesitant in the post, so far, it has been a very inefficient option for the Spurs..

DAF86
11-28-2015, 12:32 AM
Portland didn't use him in the same way, at all, though IIRC..he looks really awkward and hesitant in the post, so far, it has been a very inefficient option for the Spurs..

In which way did they use him? I remeber tons of left block post ups, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
11-28-2015, 01:03 AM

He has totally change his mindset on his postups. In Portland, he would just catch the ball on the left block, go into a postup then bump to create space & shoot a step back over his right shoulder. Now he's catching the ball & trying to draw foul ala Dirk; he doesn't even look to shoot his stepback much which is weird. Maybe Pop wanted him to get to the line more after how Tiago handled him 1-on-1 in 2014:lol

At least he has been making his midrange shots the past 2 games, so I guess that's a start.

Clipper Nation
:lol "Porker's better than him"
:lol "Indiana just fleeced us!"
:lol "Kawhi won't even see the court until the Big Three retire"

skulls138
I think the problem with Aldridge is that his game revolves around him being the first option and that option being a turn around jumper, a very un-team like offensive style. For him to come to SA with all its previous success and just take over being first option could be a problem. To overcome that he needs to earn respect by doing the dirty work, get some offensive boards, play shut down D. And on offense do more than turn around jumper like drive to the hoop and kick out to a shooter.

Clipper Nation
11-28-2015, 01:05 AM
-Trade him for Beal and Ariza:lmao
:lmao Wanting a faggot libcuck to be president

http://i.imgur.com/b1OYpKF.jpg

spurraider21
11-28-2015, 01:07 AM
:lmao Wanting a faggot libcuck to be president

http://i.imgur.com/b1OYpKF.jpg
:wow

https://i.gyazo.com/9811a710a8ed5d33bf2452c5f8100160.png

Mr Bones
11-28-2015, 01:09 AM
:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

SpursFan86
11-28-2015, 01:15 AM

Nah, IIRC he was top 5-10 in post-up possessions last year, and that made up more than 1/3 of his possessions...he definitely got a ton of looks there. He was also in the top 10-20% in terms of PPP...granted, an efficient post-up still doesn't yield as many points as other sorts of efficient plays.

He's just having a rough start. He's been a very good post-up player throughout his career...either he suddenly declined sharply in that aspect, or he's just in a slump (likely due to being uncomfortable). I'm going to guess it's the latter.

Hoops Czar
11-28-2015, 01:27 AM

Yes, why would you want him to do something he's done for his entire career with success.

AZK619
11-28-2015, 01:32 AM
Witnessing greatness :toast

KL2
11-28-2015, 01:39 AM
One play Aldridge was about 5 feet away with the basket and had Barton on him, he literally has close to 100lbs on him and he chose to give up the ball. He's making some pretty poor decisions out there, he's obviously going to get better, but even when he does find his way Leonard is still the better player hands down.

Kool Bob Love
11-28-2015, 01:45 AM
Padding stats in November tho?

J_Paco
11-28-2015, 02:03 AM
:lol "Porker's better than him"
:lol "Indiana just fleeced us!"
:lol "Kawhi won't even see the court until the Big Three retire"

Said absolutely no one, moron. God, it is pathetic how y'all are trying to paint Kawhi's own fanbase as "doubters" and "non believers" so badly. To the point that you'll blatantly make shit up.

I don't think anyone saw this big of a leap in Kawhi's offensive game, but with the regression in Parker's game and Aldridge struggling to fit in offensively, I'm happy to say that he's joined James and Durant in the elite class of SF's.

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2015, 02:16 AM
Nah, IIRC he was top 5-10 in post-up possessions last year, and that made up more than 1/3 of his possessions...he definitely got a ton of looks there. He was also in the top 10-20% in terms of PPP...granted, an efficient post-up still doesn't yield as many points as other sorts of efficient plays.

He's just having a rough start. He's been a very good post-up player throughout his career...either he suddenly declined sharply in that aspect, or he's just in a slump (likely due to being uncomfortable). I'm going to guess it's the latter.

IIRC, Portland established him with pick&pops and jump shots early in the game to get him in a rhythm..he's a volume scorer, always has been..

Regardless, though, his biggest problem is that his jump shot has been broken, which is hurting the rest of his game..his 10-16 feet shooting has declined by a massive 10%, and his 16+ shooting by 7-8% IIRC..his post efficiency has gone done significantly, as well, to the point where it's really just an inefficient option, and a waste of a possession, so far..

Uncertainty and hesitation is the main reason for his poor post play, probably trying too hard to fit in with the Spurs culture of being unselfish and moving the ball(not wanting to force a bad shot like he often did as a volume scorer in Portland), but weight gain/lack of explosion is evident, as well IMO..his hideous, sweeping hook/floater(whatever you call it) is sad to watch:lol

midnightpulp
11-28-2015, 02:49 AM
If there were no historically great Warriors team in the league, I'd let say Kawhi eat all he wants, with LMA in the old Duncan PF role (pick-and-pop shooter who can generate space [and LMA's jumper is more respected than Duncan's by the opposition translating into more space]). We'd could get away with this team being a defensive machine and just a good offensive team in other seasons, but not this one. If we want to win a title, LMA is going to have to share the scoring. Don't necessarily have nor want to run the offense through him, but he's going to have to be 1b. The Warriors have 4 players (Green, Barnes, Iggy, and maybe Thompson) who can share time guarding him. I just can't see him dominating those 4 over the course of a series and averaging 23-25ish points on 50% shooting. Furthermore, Kawhi will wear down having to both carry the scoring and perimeter defensive load in that series.

I'd feel better about Kawhi carrying more scoring load at the expense of LMA if Parker is for real this year, but I think we all agree his early season brilliance (he's a net positive this season!) is not sustainable. Neither is Manu's. And Duncan could turn to dust any minute. If those three are inconsistent, then it's up to the bench, and as much as I like our benche, benches are ALWAYS inconsistent, especially in the playoffs.

Pop is going to have to figure out how to make them an efficient, one-two punch that play off each other. I think the Kobe/Pau Lakers might be a good model, but Pau is a much better passer than LMA.

bic50
11-28-2015, 02:54 AM
Said absolutely no one, moron. God, it is pathetic how y'all are trying to paint Kawhi's own fanbase as "doubters" and "non believers" so badly. To the point that you'll blatantly make shit up.

I don't think anyone saw this big of a leap in Kawhi's offensive game, but with the regression in Parker's game and Aldridge struggling to fit in offensively, I'm happy to say that he's joined James and Durant in the elite class of SF's.

Hoopz czar said those things I think. But he's not a spurs fan though.

kaji157
11-28-2015, 09:14 AM
-Don't let him take midrange shots
-LMA is the focal point of the offense
- Let Kawhi concentrate on D

fuck these mainstream gives me a headache.

Kawhi by far the best player on both ends of the floor...BY FAR.

:toast To real spursfans who saw it the same way as Pop and FO. FkLA, nigga gtfih

First off all out of respect to all posters here in ST i will ask you politely to stop posting, close your account and introduce whatever object you may like in your rectus.

Now about the matter in question, while i agree with you that Kawhi is the better player i would like to point out that he has 267 games as a Spur while LA has 20, and that obviously affects their performance.

Also, not to pick on Kawhi, but while teams tend not to double on him they do double a lot on Aldridge making his adaptation even harder.

This is a smart thing to do if you realize that player doesn't know where his teammates will be and will have difficulties passing off the double team, and the main reason (i think) while Aldridge gets doubled but not so much Kawhi.

dabom
11-28-2015, 11:05 AM
Kawhi gets more double teams though? :wtf I rarely even see LMA get doubled.

YGWHI
11-28-2015, 06:10 PM
I'd feel better about Kawhi carrying more scoring load at the expense of LMA...

Not at expense of LMA.

In fact, LMA led the Spurs in FGA per minute last games. He has played significantly less minutes than Kawhi but took more shots per minute than him...

YGWHI
11-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Hoopz czar said those things I think. But he's not a spurs fan though.

And TheGreatYatch, tholdren, K..., LongTimeSpursFan...the list is extensive...tbh.

AFMadison
11-28-2015, 07:29 PM
The Spurs win championships by playing team basketball, why don't you go root for the rockets, they play basketball by focusing on one player, seems to be working well for them. Oh, and they also have Ariza on their team.

apalisoc_9
05-22-2017, 11:03 PM
I said it way back in 2015...

But Apo is such a player fan :cry

apalisoc_9
05-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Look at all the causals in here.

There's a 6 page thread in October 2015 where I was talking about Aldridge postups that was locked by the mods

Would have exposed lots of posters :lmao

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 11:06 PM
I said it way back in 2015...

But Apo is such a player fan :cry

You should be writing books, sir:lol