PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is a serious candidate for...

BillMc
11-28-2015, 12:36 AM
Kawhi is a serious candidate this season for....

1. NBA MVP
2. DPOY
3. MIP
4. All Star
5. All Star 3 Point Contest selection
6. All NBA
7. All Defensive Team
8. All of the Above.

And I said serious candidate, not that he'll get all of these...for example on MVP Curry and LeBron are surely ahead at this point. DPOY could be Whiteside... But Leonard is in the discussion for all these, I think except maybe MIP.

apalisoc_9
11-28-2015, 12:39 AM
It would a nice story if kawhi wins the three point contest coming from college shooting 29% :lol

Spurtacular
11-28-2015, 12:41 AM
Traditionally, an MVP puts up a lot of points. Curry getting MVP at under 25 ppg last season was an anomaly.

dabom
11-28-2015, 12:42 AM
BillMc is a player fan. JK :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2015, 12:43 AM
Curry is playing at a historic level, he's a lock for MVP, but hopefully Kawhi gets All-NBA 1st..

Shout out to my young niggas Apo and Dabom, from day 1..

BillMc
11-28-2015, 12:44 AM
BillMc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16431) is a player fan. JK :lol

I'm a fan of all Spurs players. I knew this post was too "fannish!" :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2015, 12:46 AM
Trading George Hill(has become a really solid, legit starter, to be fair) for an All-NBA 1st teamer, DPOY and Finals MVP would be a nice wrap-up for Buford and Pop:lol

DAF86
11-28-2015, 12:46 AM
Traditionally, an MVP puts up a lot of points. Curry getting MVP at under 25 ppg last season was an anomaly.

Nash won b2b averaging on the teens.

Silver&Black
11-28-2015, 12:47 AM
Nash won b2b averaging on the teens.

Nash was white.....

Just saying.

SAGirl
11-28-2015, 12:47 AM

1. NBA MVP
2. DPOY
3. MIP
4. All Star
6. All NBA
7. All Defensive Team
8. All of the Above.

And I said serious candidate, not that he'll get all of these...for example on MVP Curry and LeBron are surely ahead at this point. DPOY could be Whiteside... But Leonard is in the discussion for all these, I think except maybe MIP.
Agree with you on all counts.

MIP is possible, and it be a consolation prize, bc MVPCurry is really running with the MVP award again this year, then you have Lebron a close second. Kawhi is right up there as a third I think.

Kawhi has surely made a leap from last season offensively. He was in this trajectory when he finished last season, but it was a short enough period, and an inconsistent performance from him in the playoffs, that if he manages to maintain this level for a full season, I think he's as much a MIP as Butler was last year maybe.

cjw
11-28-2015, 12:49 AM
He will be an All Star and will be All NBA / All Defense. He'll be in the conversation (top 5) for most of the other awards.

But you forgot slam dunk contest. Except he'll probably only get 8s and 9s from the judges because he'll do it so nonchalantly. (Half kidding as he doesn't have the ridiculous ups to do it, plus would never risk injury).

Looking at the league leaders in 3PT and 3PT%, it'd be fun to get Durant, Korver, Dirk, Kawhi, Curry, George (shooting very well) in the contest this year. Imagine some scrub probably gets in there too, along with Lillard and Harden on star power. Would love to see Harden crying for a foul when the money ball doesn't go down.

DAF86
11-28-2015, 12:51 AM
I don't think he will get it but MIP would be nice. Let's rack up those accolades. Finals MVP and DPOY already on the bag. MIP this season, MVP the next and 6th man of the year in the twilight of his career.

james evans
Duncan was mvp averaging 23 a game

HarlemHeat37
Even if Kawhi was having an equal season to Curry, there's no way the media is giving a dark-skinned nigga in San Antonio the MVP over a light-skinned dude that looks like he's 13 and plays in the Bay Area:lol

apalisoc_9
11-28-2015, 12:52 AM
Kawhi can barely jump and you want him to join the slam dunk contest..:lol

dabom
11-28-2015, 12:52 AM
Even if Kawhi was having an equal season to Curry, there's no way the media is giving a dark-skinned nigga from San Antonio the MVP over a light-skinned dude that looks like he's 13 and plans in the Bay Area:lol

:lol

spursistan
11-28-2015, 12:55 AM
I think he will get another DPOY now that hype train of AD looks to be derailed with Pelicans record and his latest seemingly awful injury..Spurs Top league D will come into the eqaution..

apalisoc_9
11-28-2015, 12:58 AM
What would really be nice is if Kawhi beats curry in the three point contest and then win the championship by beating GSW somewhere and Lebron in the finals.

:lol

cjw
11-28-2015, 01:01 AM
Kawhi can barely jump and you want him to join the slam dunk contest..:lol

I said that he can barely jump (you must have missed that)... point was more that even if he could, he'd show no emotion after putting 50s.

Only a 32.5" vertical in the combine and three bench reps. Good thing this isn't football where some teams look at those spider charts above everything else.

BillMc
11-28-2015, 01:04 AM
Agree with you on all counts.

MIP is possible, and it be a consolation prize, bc MVPCurry is really running with the MVP award again this year, then you have Lebron a close second. Kawhi is right up there as a third I think.

Kawhi has surely made a leap from last season offensively. He was in this trajectory when he finished last season, but it was a short enough period, and an inconsistent performance from him in the playoffs, that if he manages to maintain this level for a full season, I think he's as much a MIP as Butler was last year maybe.
:toast

How scary for the league would it be if a former FMVP and reigning DPOY won MIP the next year? :lol

RC > Larry Bird

HemisfairArena
11-28-2015, 01:04 AM
Curry probably wins 4 out of 7 on your list,,,

Kawhitstorm
11-28-2015, 01:11 AM

1. NBA MVP
2. DPOY
3. MIP
4. All Star
6. All NBA
7. All Defensive Team
8. All of the Above.

MIP: Drummond
DPOY: Whiteside might get it just b/c of his numbers but dude isn't even the best defender on his own team (Winslow); Draymond will get love from analytic folks.

Kawhitstorm
11-28-2015, 01:20 AM
He will be an All Star and will be All NBA / All Defense. He'll be in the conversation (top 5) for most of the other awards.

But you forgot slam dunk contest. Except he'll probably only get 8s and 9s from the judges because he'll do it so nonchalantly. (Half kidding as he doesn't have the ridiculous ups to do it, plus would never risk injury).

Looking at the league leaders in 3PT and 3PT%, it'd be fun to get Durant, Korver, Dirk, Kawhi, Curry, George (shooting very well) in the contest this year. Imagine some scrub probably gets in there too, along with Lillard and Harden on star power. Would love to see Harden crying for a foul when the money ball doesn't go down.

-The ASG will be in Toronto so Kyle Lowry should be on the team
-Dirk won't be in it unless he's already part of the All-Star team
-Draymond might ask to participate

Ron Swanson
11-28-2015, 01:24 AM
He's already won the BAMF award.

99 Problems
11-28-2015, 01:31 AM
:lobt2: Burning down those cities like the faithful predicted. And he continues to improve.

YGWHI
11-28-2015, 01:39 AM

He has been so dominant on both ends...

BillMc
11-28-2015, 01:43 AM

Good stuff!:toast

SAGirl
11-28-2015, 01:56 AM
DPOY: Whiteside might get it just b/c of his numbers but dude isn't even the best defender on his own team (Winslow); Draymond will get love from analytic folks.
And Draymond may win it this year since he felt snubbed last season.

We'll see, still a young season. Tougher teams ahead for Kawhi to dominate.

ViceCity86
11-28-2015, 03:14 AM

1. NBA MVP
2. DPOY
3. MIP
4. All Star
6. All NBA
7. All Defensive Team
8. All of the Above.

1.MVP-Not even a chance with Curry
2.DPOY-Runnerup to Draymond
3.MIP-In the running but probably be Paul George given his serious injury
4.All Star- Definitely
5.All Star 3 point-Probably won't get picked,despite numbers,because they don't see him as a shooter
6.All NBA team-Durant and Lebron will be first team.Leonard and Paul George on 2nd team
7.All Defensive Team-Likely
8. 4&7

aal04
11-28-2015, 03:23 AM
Not MVP.

Curry is just Jordanning atm and there is daylight to second. But everything else yeah.

bic50
11-28-2015, 04:15 AM
1.MVP-Not even a chance with Curry
2.DPOY-Runnerup to Draymond
3.MIP-In the running but probably be Paul George given his serious injury
4.All Star- Definitely
5.All Star 3 point-Probably won't get picked,despite numbers,because they don't see him as a shooter
6.All NBA team-Durant and Lebron will be first team.Leonard and Paul George on 2nd team
7.All Defensive Team-Likely
8. 4&7

Paul george has won mip before I believe, so I don't see him winning that. Unless you can win it more then once then yeah I can see him taking that.

Obstructed_View
11-28-2015, 04:20 AM
Curious why they made his nickname Claw instead of KLaw.

Kikoluna
11-28-2015, 04:21 AM
Curry is playing at a historic level, he's a lock for MVP, but hopefully Kawhi gets All-NBA 1st..

Shout out to my young niggas Apo and Dabom, from day 1..

Wow, you really like curry don't you? All timer? Common man. Can he even dunk. One ring? With an easy road at that

kjhip1
11-28-2015, 06:08 AM
Wow, you really like curry don't you? All timer? Common man. Can he even dunk. One ring? With an easy road at that

Curry is playing amazing, tbh. His jump shot is a thing of beauty and he is making people look ridiculous on the court. Yes he is easily on the path of being an all timer. Love kawhi's game but as many have stated the mvp is curry's to lose.

TXstbobcat
11-28-2015, 10:22 AM

1. NBA MVP
2. DPOY
3. MIP
4. All Star
6. All NBA
7. All Defensive Team
8. All of the Above.

Another Finals MVP!!!!! :toast

pgardn
11-28-2015, 10:26 AM

That would be THE award.

Because of its implications for the TEAM.

BillMc
11-28-2015, 10:29 AM

That would be THE award.

Because of its implications for the TEAM.

:bobo

Canyonero
11-28-2015, 10:32 AM
DPOY and All-NBA 2nd team.

Old School 44
11-28-2015, 10:40 AM

Good stuff!:toast

I wonder if Tim's given him tips on how to block shots. Kind of looks like Tim's "below the rim, keep the ball in play" style.

exstatic
11-28-2015, 10:53 AM
I don't care if the GS P.R. campaign failed to get him the award last year, Draymond Green is NOT winning DPOY over Kawhi. What Curry is to offense, Kawhi is to defense: the fucking beast of the NBA.

cjw
11-28-2015, 12:22 PM
-The ASG will be in Toronto so Kyle Lowry should be on the team
-Dirk won't be in it unless he's already part of the All-Star team
-Draymond might ask to participate

Lowry will be an All Star based on performance alone - he's killing it this year. Should be starting too. He'll be in 3pt shootout even if not an AS, but will be an AS too.

Dirk has turned back the clock this year so could make the ASG. But you're right, he'll likely only participate if at the ASG.

Draymond will be the W's second All Star before others. There is precedent to two guys from a team being in the shootout, so chance he makes it. Crazy how much deeper the West is ... room for four Hawks last year, but trouble finding room for more than two GSW.

will_spurs
11-28-2015, 12:24 PM
DPOY, All-Star and All-NBA 2nd seem quite clear right now. Hopefully another FMVP too.

apalisoc_9
11-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Playing like a first teamer and for sure a first teamer

Lebron-George-Leonard should be first team front court...at least for now. Or blake over george

Fireball
11-28-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm a fan of all Spurs players. I knew this post was too "fannish!" :lol

The post is all right... a player fan would have added something shitty like

9. making TP negligible ...

TXstbobcat
11-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Nash was white.....

Just saying.

a lot of people thought that Shaq deserved mvp over Nash in 04/05

BillMc
11-28-2015, 12:51 PM
The post is all right... a player fan would have added something shitty like

9. making TP negligible ...

Cheers bro!:toast

And I guess the real question is will Kawhi get more all-star votes than a washed-up Kobe Bryant? Sadly, I'm guessing no.

apalisoc_9
11-28-2015, 12:56 PM

And I guess the real question is will Kawhi get more all-star votes than a washed-up Kobe Bryant? Sadly, I'm guessing no.

Better hack all the chinese servers

Fireball
11-28-2015, 01:00 PM

yep ... thats not gonna happen ... Kobe should just tell the league to not put his name on the voting list

spursistan
11-28-2015, 01:00 PM
The Spurs are bound to have top 3 league record by ALL Star game, i'm almost sure Kawhi will get in there if he doesn't miss extensive time to an injury..

TXstbobcat
11-28-2015, 01:04 PM

leonard should be a lock to get in as a coaches pick as a reserve.

BillMc
11-28-2015, 01:07 PM

This.

Fireball
11-28-2015, 01:10 PM

absolutely, but that was not the question :lol

TXstbobcat
11-28-2015, 01:16 PM
absolutely, but that was not the question :lol

sorry, to the original question, it is sad but Kobe will probably get more fan votes in the all-star voting. Seems crazy that Kobe will get a starting spot with the terrible season he is having.

pgardn
11-28-2015, 07:55 PM
sorry, to the original question, it is sad but Kobe will probably get more fan votes in the all-star voting. Seems crazy that Kobe will get a starting spot with the terrible season he is having.

I think this sends a big message to the NBA and fans of the game.

So much of the NBA hype is not merit based nor team based. Hype a player and his stats, it's out of control.

Manufan909
11-30-2015, 09:08 PM
MIP: Drummond

Who is the Heat's best defender, btw?