PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City Hornets?

flyboy1979
09-19-2005, 09:07 AM
I know people question San Antonio's marketability but OKE CITY?...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2165840&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-19-2005, 09:23 AM
Doesn't Vancouver want NBA basketball back? No Bryant Reeves this time!

ChumpDumper
09-19-2005, 10:27 AM
A new arena with open dates and the same management company as the NOLA arena?

Seems logical -- now they have a chance to prove they are big time....relatively speaking, anyway.

SWC Bonfire
09-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Oklahoma city is pretty nice, if you can survive the F5 hurricanes that hit every 3-4 years or so.

They could support the team.

Spurminator
09-19-2005, 11:20 AM
I wonder what ticket prices will be like.

dknights411
09-19-2005, 01:18 PM
If JJ is supposed to be up in arms about a team here, shouldn't Marc Cuban be up in arms about the Hornets in OK City?

Rescueone
09-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Oklahoma city is pretty nice, if you can survive the F5 hurricanes that hit every 3-4 years or so.

They could support the team.

I think you mean Tornados. I however can't understand why Kanas City or St Louis wasn't even considered. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
09-19-2005, 02:16 PM
I however can't understand why Kanas City or St Louis wasn't even considered.They were likely considered, but SMG doesn't manage those arenas.

coopdogg3
09-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Question: If the Hornets go to whatever city, and lose lots of money, would the NBA sort of "pass around the hat" to help the franchise this year? Not to re-open an old debate, but maybe that's why Holt didn't want to match Devin's offer. There may be extra expenses this year if the NBA has to finance the Hornet's franchise.

coopdogg3

YamaSama
09-19-2005, 04:46 PM
It's interesting that the NBA affiliated the Hornets with the Tulsa NBDL team rather than the Arkansas NBDL team (which is geographically closer to New Orleans). Perhaps a permanent move to Oklahoma City is more likely than the league is leading people to believe.

Horry For 3!
09-19-2005, 04:51 PM
I think you mean Tornados. I however can't understand why Kanas City or St Louis wasn't even considered. :rolleyes
Kansas City was considered, I posted a article about where the Hornets are going to go in the NBA Forum. :tu

ChumpDumper
09-19-2005, 07:10 PM
It's interesting that the NBA affiliated the Hornets with the Tulsa NBDL team rather than the Arkansas NBDL team (which is geographically closer to New Orleans). Perhaps a permanent move to Oklahoma City is more likely than the league is leading people to believe.I'm sure they could change it back next season -- I think the Hornets are much less likely to move than the Saints.

Brutalis
09-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Little Rock. We have a huge still new arena by the river thats rarely used. The HBO series bangin in the rock ended a long time ago dont worry, no more gangsta's. I know our market is small, but we have very, very, very loyal and supportive fans. Our arena football team averages around 10k each home gamel.

Plus we need something to look forward to considering the Hogs are all around getting owned in everything but track.

Marcus Bryant
09-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Roughly the same logic as the Saints going temporarily to SA. Taking a pro franchise to a small market with a decent facility and a chip on its shoulder. Problem is, 41 NBA home games are a lot tougher to sell than 8 NFL (or 3, as is the case) games.

TheWriter
09-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Little Rock. We have a huge still new arena by the river thats rarely used. The HBO series bangin in the rock ended a long time ago dont worry, no more gangsta's. I know our market is small, but we have very, very, very loyal and supportive fans. Our arena football team averages around 10k each home gamel.

Plus we need something to look forward to considering the Hogs are all around getting owned in everything but track.

Holy crap... Little Rock? :lol :lol :lol

scott
09-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Oklahoma City is home to the best Mexican resturant outside of San Antonio... Ted's Escandita... that has to count for something.

DieMrBond
09-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Maybe if they struggle to find an Arena in america, they might try sterns plan for globalization?

The Paris Hornets?
The London Hornets?

Something crazy like that?

TheWriter
09-20-2005, 01:37 AM
Maybe if they struggle to find an Arena in america, they might try sterns plan for globalization?

The Paris Hornets?
The London Hornets?

Something crazy like that?

They're plenty of already built areans that the Hornets can use.