PDA

View Full Version : LMA looking like a bust

2centsworth
11-28-2015, 11:10 PM
Eerily reminiscent of Richard Jefferson's start here.

midnightpulp
11-28-2015, 11:11 PM
No.

SpursFan86
11-28-2015, 11:12 PM
wonder if we can trade him back for Splitter? need to cut our losses, tbh..............

SupremeGuy
11-28-2015, 11:13 PM
I'm just waiting to see if you get any bites, tbh. :lol

BillMc
11-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Guy's getting boards, playing good d, shots will fall. Even if they don't, he's a big upgrade over Splitter.

wtgspurs
I was never excited about him joining our Team. We needed a player like Monroe.

BillMc
I'm just waiting to see if you get any bites, tbh. :lol

I guess I did! :lol

Silver&Black
11-28-2015, 11:15 PM
:fishing

Silver&Black
11-28-2015, 11:16 PM
Did LMA turn down your daughter also?

ducks
11-28-2015, 11:16 PM
Takes 1 year to pick up the o
He is doing fine

SpursFan86
11-28-2015, 11:20 PM

Yeah, just look how much he's helped Milwaukee :rolleyes

RayTdropout
11-28-2015, 11:21 PM
expected more but it's to be expected now that KL is the man on this team

midnightpulp
11-28-2015, 11:22 PM
A lot of fans will focus on LMA's raw FG%, but it's not really an issue since he only takes 13.6 shots per game. He's 0.9 made shots away from 50% :lol. That's not going to have much of an impact. He's also very efficient from the line (85%), something we couldn't count with Splitter game-to-game. He's a better rebounder, more versatile defender (although Splitter excelled in certain matchups, like against the Grizzlies), and he fits the offense better (spacing was shit with Splitter + Duncan). Kawhi and Tony's offense right now wouldn't be the same if Splitter was still here. If any player is busting, it's Danny Green.

Mister Sinister
11-28-2015, 11:25 PM
http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/You+all+are+idiots+_feb69be9805d4cba3562f951db835e a1.png

BillMc
11-28-2015, 11:34 PM
A lot of fans will focus on LMA's raw FG%, but it's not really an issue since he only takes 13.6 shots per game. He's 0.9 made shots away from 50% :lol. That's not going to have much of an impact. He's also very efficient from the line (85%), something we couldn't count with Splitter game-to-game. He's a better rebounder, more versatile defender (although Splitter excelled in certain matchups, like against the Grizzlies), and he fits the offense better (spacing was shit with Splitter + Duncan). Kawhi and Tony's offense right now wouldn't be the same if Splitter was still here. If any player is busting, it's Danny Green.
This

disciple
11-28-2015, 11:35 PM

You can't be serious. Please tell me this is a parody of some kind.

ElNono
11-28-2015, 11:35 PM
Better than Randle, tbh

midnightpulp
11-28-2015, 11:38 PM
Also worth pointing out is that our top 5 man units all feature LMA:

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/#!/advanced/?sort=TEAM_ABBREVIATION&dir=1

HarlemHeat37
11-28-2015, 11:39 PM
He would look better if he was making his jump shot at a % that was even near what he shot in Portland, tbh..that's the biggest difference in the results, so far IMO..massive decline in %s on jump shots..

His post game looks awful, though, waste of a possession..hopefully his lift and quickness will improve as he(ideally) continues to shed the San Antonio weight..

I'm not really worried, though, way too early to judge players, both positively and negatively..November is rarely an indicator of future results in the NBA..

midnightpulp
11-28-2015, 11:43 PM
He would look better if he was making his jump shot at a % that was even near what he shot in Portland, tbh..that's the biggest difference in the results, so far IMO..massive decline in %s on jump shots..

His post game looks awful, though, waste of a possession..hopefully his lift and quickness will improve as he(ideally) continues to shed the San Antonio weight..

I'm not really worried, though, way too early to judge players, both positively and negatively..November is rarely an indicator of future results in the NBA..

He probably also has to get used to playing this hard on both sides of the ball, as well. Fortunately, his defense has grown here more than his offense has regressed. He was never this good on the defensive end in Portland (helps to play alongside Duncan and Leonard, but he's showing a lot of energy on that end).

His offense is the least of my worries right now. Danny Green and Parker's consistency (is it fool's gold?) are my main concerns going forward.

benefactor
11-28-2015, 11:45 PM
Did LMA turn down your daughter also?
https://49.media.tumblr.com/8c4b759ce2dc16817d3077d6140b9263/tumblr_n4dvioNU7s1s3gys4o1_400.gif

timtonymanu
11-28-2015, 11:46 PM
Lol not even close to RJ level.

As others have said, can't complain too much about him so far. His defense has been really good.

spursistan
11-28-2015, 11:46 PM
summed it up best :tu.

Thomas82
11-28-2015, 11:49 PM

+1

Kool Bob Love
11-28-2015, 11:58 PM
AS long as LMA doesn't choke away a title at the line or get out played by Matt Barnes in a game 7 win or go home, he good in my book.

cjw
11-28-2015, 11:58 PM
I'd be much more concerned if his shot were falling but wasn't there on D / boards. Possessions he takes in the post also give Kawhi/Parker a moment to rest away from the ball.

spurtech09
11-29-2015, 12:15 AM
Bust? lol Troll Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cd98
11-29-2015, 12:17 AM
Let's be smart, people. How many times has Alderidge been in double figures this year? How many times did Splitter/Baynes do it? Alderidge is way better, but he was never going to replicate his success in Portland. He doesn't get the same volume. But he's a good enough shooter that teams aren't giving him the jumper.

bic50
11-29-2015, 12:19 AM
:rolleyes cat lover still being it's bitch ass self.

Arcadian
11-29-2015, 12:30 AM
He's actually been very good defensively, has he not?

Chances are, those jumpers will start to fall at a higher % at some point.

2centsworth
11-29-2015, 12:41 AM
So the greatest FA in Spurs history,#1 FA in the NBA and all we can say is he's better than splitter.

SpursforSix
11-29-2015, 12:43 AM
Parker Effect

Keepin' it real
11-29-2015, 12:49 AM

This Monroe??
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dDU3cTeajG4/UcQ7GP06qII/AAAAAAAABE8/EwHA-dx8vwk/s1600/MonroeStripe1.jpg

SpursforSix
11-29-2015, 12:51 AM
This Monroe??
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dDU3cTeajG4/UcQ7GP06qII/AAAAAAAABE8/EwHA-dx8vwk/s1600/MonroeStripe1.jpg

Hahah. I would have never expected to think of him the rest of my life.

Ron Swanson
11-29-2015, 01:02 AM
This Monroe??

Wow. :lol

100%duncan
11-29-2015, 01:05 AM
So the greatest FA in Spurs history,#1 FA in the NBA and all we can say is he's better than splitter.

And kinder than Kawhi?

SouthernFried
11-29-2015, 01:16 AM
Whether the OP is Trolling or not...I wouldn't mind seeing Aldridge in the weight room more. Working on his strength, quickness and aggressiveness. His role is going to be different here than in Portland. It would be nice to see him using that body of his a little more off the ball, helping others and the team a little more. Not overly concerned about it, but like all the Spurs, he's got a role to play. Just trying to figure out what that is exactly...lol

Joseph Kony
11-29-2015, 01:30 AM
He may not be putting up the points some were expecting but he has been a huge upgrade over Splitter imo...dude plays hard, focuses on defense, and rebounds well. He hasn't bitched and if anything you can say he isn't being aggressive enough which is his main issue. Once he has a couple breakout games the confidence will come. His shots will start falling as he gets more comfortable. If he's still the same in February we might have an issue, but either way, a 15 and 10 big in the starting lineup isn't a bust and in a few years his contract won't even be much for the production

Joseph Kony
11-29-2015, 01:32 AM

The same Monroe that's taken the 2nd best defensive team last year and turned them into the worst this season so far? :lmao dumbass

Mikeanaro
11-29-2015, 01:57 AM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/78942c55a4dc852a3f8dece202fef864/tumblr_nmejb9hf7v1qzfebyo1_400.gif

DieHardSpursFan1537
11-29-2015, 02:13 AM
Give him some more time to adjust to the team. The season isn't even close to being halfway over.

lefty
11-29-2015, 02:23 AM
Better than Parker tbh

DAF86
11-29-2015, 02:27 AM
He's giving us Splitter like defense with better rebounding and floor spacing. Even if he keeps shooting below his career average he still makes us a better team.

Spurtacular
11-29-2015, 02:27 AM
Freaking player fans....

LMA has been a great addition.

ceperez
11-29-2015, 02:52 AM

Green gets a pass because he took a pay cut and plays stellar defense.

ceperez
11-29-2015, 02:53 AM
Give him some more time to adjust to the team. The season isn't even close to being halfway over.

I know he's going to adjust and get comfortable. My only question is whether he can guard the perimeter.

InRareForm
11-29-2015, 03:19 AM
We could get Michael Jordan in his prime and spurs fans would say he is struggling

bigzak25
11-29-2015, 03:23 AM
Expect better from a self proclaimed all-star big....his misses will matter vs the gsw.

ChumpDumper
11-29-2015, 04:00 AM
lol spurfan

z0sa
11-29-2015, 04:48 AM
What a stupid thread.

siraulo23
11-29-2015, 05:07 AM
Op wants aldridge to ballhog and shoot the ball 200 times every game like he did in portland

Mnky
11-29-2015, 05:56 AM

He's the first player, including Duncan, since David Robinson to post such good pt/rb games this early in the season, although it's not noticeable.

He a been a beast on the boards.

Mr Bones
11-29-2015, 06:43 AM
He leads a 14-3 team in rebounding and is 2nd on that team in scoring. Looks like a pretty good fit.

Maddog
11-29-2015, 07:24 AM
He may not be putting up the points some were expecting but he has been a huge upgrade over Splitter imo...dude plays hard, focuses on defense, and rebounds well. He hasn't bitched and if anything you can say he isn't being aggressive enough which is his main issue. Once he has a couple breakout games the confidence will come. His shots will start falling as he gets more comfortable. If he's still the same in February we might have an issue, but either way, a 15 and 10 big in the starting lineup isn't a bust and in a few years his contract won't even be much for the production

Per 36 minutes 10.9 rebounds
Defense is way better than I expected.
Better passer than I thought,

ceperez
11-29-2015, 08:36 AM
I don't expect him to score a lot. In fact, I don't wan't him to score a lot because that means the scoring isn't balanced.

However, I do expect him to take high efficient shots. The mid range post and fadeaway shot is just low efficiency. The only reason the Spurs get into the problem of not taking a good shot is sometime they are passing too much!

SnakeBoy
11-29-2015, 10:47 AM
I expect him to score a lot. His shot isn't falling and he's still getting 15 a game.

Spurminator
11-29-2015, 11:33 AM
On a per-minute basis, LMA is up in every meaningful category except Points and FG% compared to last year.

bic50
11-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Am I missing something? Aldridge has not looked bad to me at all, just his jumpshot isn't falling yet. Other then that he's looked pretty damn good for us. Once he gets his offense going like we know he's capable of we are going to look even better.

ceperez
11-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Am I missing something? Aldridge has not looked bad to me at all, just his jumpshot isn't falling yet. Other then that he's looked pretty damn good for us. Once he gets his offense going like we know he's capable of we are going to look even better.

True, if he becomes a monster in offense then Spurs hard to beat.

Mr Bones
11-29-2015, 02:05 PM
The Spurs were smart and picked the perfect time to sign a guy like Aldridge to a max contract-- in 2 years when the salary cap explodes upwards, his yearly salary is going to look like a huge deal, and they will still have room, even with him & Kawhi signed to max deals, to add another quality player... They're pretty much set for the future.

TDfan2007
11-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Aldridge is doing a great job of playing within the system, making unselfish plays, and is also playing fantastic defense. This is the best defense he's played in his entire career by a wide margin. The only disappointing things have been his outside shooting percentage, and his post play.

He's pump-faking way too much and almost refusing to take it to the basket. He's reverting to his post play from 2-3 seasons ago in that regard...

2centsworth
11-29-2015, 02:24 PM
After looking at this a little closer, he's not terrible at 77th in PER. Brandon Wright Ricky Rubio territory.

Mr Bones
11-29-2015, 02:37 PM
After looking at this a little closer, he's not terrible at 77th in PER. Brandon Wright Ricky Rubio territory.

He has never been a big shot-blocker despite his 7'5" wingspan, so his more solid & fundamental defense doesn't get rewarded by a stat like PER.

TheDoctor
11-29-2015, 03:40 PM
lol spurfan

look_at_g_shred
11-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Sup Tschlong

LoneStarState'sPride
11-29-2015, 03:48 PM
I can always count on at least one thread title here being good for a laugh :lol

skulls138
11-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Aldridge is doing a great job of playing within the system, making unselfish plays, and is also playing fantastic defense. This is the best defense he's played in his entire career by a wide margin. The only disappointing things have been his outside shooting percentage, and his post play.

He's pump-faking way too much and almost refusing to take it to the basket. He's reverting to his post play from 2-3 seasons ago in that regard...Yes he needs to do less jump shooting. Hes got an 85% free throw average, he needs to take advantage of that and drive it to the hole or do some up and under type stuff. Not only will he get to the FT line but be in a better position to pass to the open shooter or to Duncan for a slam. If the defender is smaller by all means shoot it but not all the time. Hes got a nice little hook shot, Id like to see him back his man down and use it. Use all that fat hes got for good use.

elemento
11-29-2015, 06:38 PM
I will love to bump this thread in the playoffs.

Spurs don't need him putting 20ppg now in the RS. They will need his offensive arsenal once we play great defenses in the playoffs. He is still adapting to the Spurs offensive style but he has been rebounding well and his defense is way better than what was advertised.

He will be fine and I'm damn sure he will kill it when it matters.

Budkin
11-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Looking forward to bumping this buffoonery during the playoffs.

Ice009
11-29-2015, 08:24 PM

Not really.

I asked for Richard Jefferson to be gone/traded after his first month here. It was probably about this time in his first season here when I said that. I said RJ was a mental weakling and that the Spurs should get rid of him. Lots of people here said I was an idiot. Fortunately, or unfortunately I was right about him well before they actually got rid of him.

I am not getting anything close with LMA. LMA is a very good player and his willingness to play defense and pass the ball has won me over (I still want him to be a bit more selfish on offense). I also think he's carrying a bit to much weight and isn't in the best shape that he can be. Other than that, he's always been the man on every team that he's been on, so there's going to be an adjustment period with him. There's also an adjustment period going on with the Spurs right now as they're playing a different style of ball featuring Kawhi a lot more and less of Tony/Tim/Manu. It's a completely different situation to the RJ one that LMA has stepped into.

2centsworth
01-26-2016, 08:07 PM
Still looks eerily similar to the RJ acquisition. We all know the definition of insanity, so trade this better than Splitter max player.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2016, 08:19 PM
Still looks eerily similar to the RJ acquisition. We all know the definition of insanity, so trade this better than Splitter max player.

I'll give him the post all-star break to redeem himself since the last month of the season is loaded w/ Western Conference playoff teams.

ceperez
01-26-2016, 10:27 PM

Spurs can't catch a break with these free agent acquisitions.

So depressing.

sasaint
01-27-2016, 12:12 AM
I'll give him the post all-star break to redeem himself since the last month of the season is loaded w/ Western Conference playoff teams.

I'll give him until the Houston game tomorrow night. If he doesn't have any fire in his belly and feel the need to prove himself after the Dubs disaster - especially with Tim out again - the guy needs to go.

kobyz
01-27-2016, 12:55 AM
He's too passive and lethargic for that level of playing for a title level, we saw how draymond force his will on him time after time while lamarcus isn't even ready to think on an answer...

SAGirl
01-27-2016, 01:00 AM
I think he does look lazy particularly setting picks. They don't set Tony really free. There are other issues, he never rolls, so if you want to pop, at least set a proper pick that will free Tony to really get into the paint.

I really really want him to turn out well for us because we need him. Maybe I am in denial unlike other fans that have already accepted the truth. I can't accept that our big free agent acquisition sucks.

We will see. Another game tomorrow.