PDA

View Full Version : OT: When will PED's be legal for athletes to use?

Thebesteva
11-29-2015, 03:07 PM
We have the science to allow athletes to heal quicker from injuries but we dont use it. I know HGH can help lose weight and is a performance enhancer in many ways but for the most part if used properly it can help you heal quicker from most injuries. You can let the athlete cycle on it then get off before returning to their sport.

A good example of why I bring this up is the UFC, a few years ago Dana the clown White claimed no one can get away with using PED's in 'his' sport. The UFC allowed for new testing rules where fighters were randomly selected to be tested at any point even if they didn't have a fight scheduled. Within that 3 month time frame literally 90% of the guys they tested came back positive for steroids including Anderson Silva, the poster child of the UFC. It got so ridiculously bad that Dana White immediately stopped this new rule despite heavy criticism that he was hiding the PED users from his sport.

We all know guys like Lebron use HGH to heal quicker so why not just make it legal so its an even playing field? When will the public stop being ignorant on this matter? There are still people who feel an athlete should be suspended for using marijuana :bang

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2015, 03:09 PM
It's already an even playing field, all pro athletes take PEDs:lol..

Thebesteva
11-29-2015, 03:15 PM
It's already an even playing field, all pro athletes take PEDs:lol..

I agree to a point but I disagree on one aspect. If it was legal they would do it more comfortably and not have to do abnormal cycles. I recall you said you did a steroid cycle. You know that you're only a monster during that 10-12 week time frame then you pretty much feel like shit during PCT. When people think an athlete did steroids 5 months ago therefore thats why they are unstoppable right now it just shows they have no idea wtf theyre talking about.

LarryDavid
11-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Don't they all use them already?

Thebesteva
11-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Don't they all use them already?

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/larry-david-staredown-o.gif

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2015, 03:23 PM
I agree to a point but I disagree on one aspect. If it was legal they would do it more comfortably and not have to do abnormal cycles. I recall you said you did a steroid cycle. You know that you're only a monster during that 10-12 week time frame then you pretty much feel like shit during PCT. When people think an athlete did steroids 5 months ago therefore thats why they are unstoppable right now it just shows they have no idea wtf theyre talking about.

Ya, I've done several cycles..doing just 1 or 2 cycles is completely pointless and not worth the risk, tbh:lol..

I don't necessarily believe all athletes are taking HGH or forms of test, though..when I say "PEDs", I'm including everything, including processes that aren't even necessarily drugs, like the type of shit that Kobe and Peyton Manning did, for instance..overall, though, pro athletes are very aware of when they are going to be tested, even if it's classified as "random", and it's very easy to live a healthy life and cycle properly if you're a millionaire athlete, of course..

It's not as rampant in basketball, though..it's still a skill-based sport, meaning you would only really use PEDs for recovery and for slight off-season speed/quickness gains(the 90s was different, where strength for post play was more important)..

The NFL is much different, obviously, it's a physical sport, not requiring much skill..outside of QBs and some kickers, you won't find a player that isn't taking serious PEDs:lol..same with track, of course, which is just an orgy of needles:lol..

I agree with your overall point, though..I never understood why baseball cared about their players juicing, for example, the sport was much more fun to watch, and the playing field was mostly even..watching Barry Bonds hit 70 Home Runs is much more entertaining than watching strategical, tactical baseball:lol..

Thebesteva
11-29-2015, 03:29 PM
Ya, I've done several cycles..doing just 1 or 2 cycles is completely pointless and not worth the risk, tbh:lol..

I don't necessarily believe all athletes are taking HGH or forms of test, though..when I say "PEDs", I'm including everything, including processes that aren't even necessarily drugs, like the type of shit that Kobe and Peyton Manning did, for instance..overall, though, pro athletes are very aware of when they are going to be tested, even if it's classified as "random", and it's very easy to live a healthy life and cycle properly if you're a millionaire athlete, of course..

It's not as rampant in basketball, though..it's still a skill-based sport, meaning you would only really use PEDs for recovery and for slight off-season speed/quickness gains(the 90s was different, where strength for post play was more important)..

The NFL is much different, obviously, it's a physical sport, not requiring much skill..outside of QBs and some kickers, you won't find a player that isn't taking serious PEDs:lol..same with track, of course, which is just an orgy of needles:lol..

I agree with your overall point, though..I never understood why baseball cared about their players juicing, for example, the sport was much more fun to watch, and the playing field was mostly even..watching Barry Bonds hit 70 Home Runs is much more entertaining than watching strategical, tactical baseball:lol..

I think the only sport that I can see some ethical dilemma are combat sports since extra strength means more brutality to your opponent but tbh, I used to train in a boxing gym and dudes were injecting steroids all the time and claiming it was vitamin b12.

Outside of that, I would love to see a roided out NBA and NFL...even tho technically we have been seeing that for years

Raven
11-29-2015, 03:49 PM
If ped was allowed, the winner would be the one takes them the most, instead of the one who uses them better.

11-29-2015, 06:33 PM
If ped was allowed, the winner would be the one takes them the most, instead of the one who uses them better.

When will the public stop being ignorant on this matter?

Xevious
11-29-2015, 11:25 PM
I really don't care one way or the other, it just needs to be consistent. Don't say that it isn't allowed, then turn your back when you know players/fighters in your organization are juicing. Either properly enforce it, or shut up about it.

LkrFan
11-30-2015, 02:17 PM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/lebron-james-steroids-peds-ryan-braun-alex-rodriguez/