PDA

View Full Version : Is Parker still the second best player on this team?

steeledl
11-29-2015, 04:39 PM
Crazy to ask this with the addition of LMAlpha but his consistency and effeciency have been a thing of beauty.i think he has put to rest that his down year last year was a result of anything more than being injured.

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2015, 04:41 PM
:lol I didn't realize who was running this alt until last week, tbh..

TheGreatYacht
11-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Easily.

Lamarcus
Parker
Duncan

steeledl
11-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Easily.

Lamarcus
Parker
Duncan

Solid post but personally id go with kawhi Parker LMA .

TXstbobcat
11-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Parker and Leonard are both playing well right now. Both should be on a list of best players on the team.

TheGreatYacht
11-29-2015, 04:53 PM
Solid post but personally id go with kawhi Parker LMA .
That Matt Barnes game last weekend dropped Kiwi to #4 on my list, but he could climb back up

steeledl
11-29-2015, 04:53 PM
:lol I didn't realize who was running this alt until last week, tbh..

Lol who am I an alternate of out of curiosity? You niggas Accuse everyone of being an alt. just wanna know who my alter ego is.

EVAY
11-29-2015, 04:55 PM
I don't know or care.

I care that he is on our team and that he is playing well so far. So is almost everyone else.

this is a good thing.

steeledl
11-29-2015, 05:00 PM
Nathan89 is my alt tbh. He is a mini me.

DeRozan m8
11-29-2015, 05:01 PM
Easily.

Lamarcus
Parker
Duncan

It must eat you alive every day and every game how well Leonard is doing.

Suck a fat one

steeledl
11-29-2015, 05:09 PM
That Matt Barnes game last weekend dropped Kiwi to #4 on my list, but he could climb back up

I disagree right now but I appreciate your ability to be unbiased and change your opinions based on what you see on the court..... A lot of people here do not possess that level of objectivity. Too many people here stuck with a one tract mind.

spurtech09
11-29-2015, 05:12 PM
Parker showing up the Porker Nay Sayers.....

ChumpDumper
11-29-2015, 05:15 PM
It's funny how both sides are melting down.

steeledl
11-29-2015, 05:17 PM
Parker showing up the Porker Nay Sayers.....

That much is obvious . It's a shame that those player fans aren't able to objectively watch the game and see how great he has been...... But I guess that's why they are player fans and not Spurs fans. Pretty toxic to the forum.

TheGreatYacht
11-29-2015, 05:18 PM
I disagree right now but I appreciate your ability to be unbiased and change your opinions based on what you see on the court..... A lot of people here do not possess that level of objectivity. Too many people here stuck with a one tract mind.
Thanks bruh, nothing worse than player fans :tu and agreed, there's some idiots that think a guy shooting 57% for the season shooting too much is a bad thing :lol

RayTdropout
11-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Duncan all day i dont care if does not score a point or grab a rebound. Hes presence alone makes him the best spurs player on the court. Really hes still the best player in the nba

T_L_P
11-29-2015, 05:53 PM
This season:

Kawhi
Duncan
Manu
Parker

Tony's looking really good on offense. I think he's leading the team in TS% (could be wrong on that).

daledondale
11-29-2015, 05:56 PM
http://fat.gfycat.com/SoupyCautiousCat.gif

SpursforSix
11-29-2015, 06:00 PM
Yes. Unexpectedly. They should grab this opportunity to trade him while he has some perceived value. The way he's playing now, they could easily get a young PG and 2nd round pick. There won't be any better opportunities to get rid of that salary with anything in return. I really like Lowry in Toronto.

steeledl
11-29-2015, 06:05 PM
This season:

Kawhi
Duncan
Manu
Parker

Tony's looking really good on offense. I think he's leading the team in TS% (could be wrong on that).

Manu........ Lmfao I'm dying..... You might have a future in comedy :bobo

RayTdropout
11-29-2015, 06:06 PM
Trade him for who? Brandon Knight

steeledl
11-29-2015, 06:06 PM
http://fat.gfycat.com/SoupyCautiousCat.gif

player fan :lmao

Neurosis
11-29-2015, 07:55 PM
So far:

1. Kawhi
2. Duncan
3. LMA
4. Manu
5. Parker

LMA is giving us hustle on the boards, above par D and decent enough offense, which will only improve going deeper into the season. Manu has played out of his mind for a portion of this year too.

I don't think you can give Parker 2nd best over those guys. He's top4 at best. I can't see anyone on the team as better than Kawhi, Duncan and LMA right now.

bic50
11-29-2015, 08:10 PM
thegreatcuckold really trying to leave kawhi off a list of the teams best players? I knew that clown was stupid but gotdamn.

LongtimeSpursFan
11-29-2015, 08:46 PM
It's no coincidence that the Spurs second best record in NBA coincides with the resurgence of Parker this year. At this pace the Spurs are on track to win 62-63 games. And a far better playoff seeding than last year. As Parker goes so do the Spurs.

Seventyniner
11-29-2015, 08:58 PM
I was surprised to see that Parker actually has a higher WS/48 than Manu right now. Usually the dynamic between them is that Manu is more efficient but Parker can handle more minutes (and at least currently plays a position that has less depth).

But Parker currently has a WS/48 of 0.205 in 476 total minutes and Manu is 0.178 in 274 minutes. I know: "eye test" blah blah blah. But I think Parker is outperforming Manu right now.

After Kawhi it's hard to rank the next three Spurs (Aldridge, Duncan, Parker). I'd put them in that order because the bigs are more important to the defense, but Parker has been playing well and deserves some credit.

DarrinS
11-29-2015, 09:22 PM
Parker playing SMART bb lately. Where he ranks, I don't care.

steeledl
11-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Parker playing SMART bb lately. Where he ranks, I don't care.

Yeah because it doesn't serve your agenda. TBH,IMHO, IIRC.

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2015, 09:32 PM
Parker looks the same as he did last year, if we're keeping it realistic:lol..a lot of over-analyzing and people pretending to see things like "adjustments" in his game, etc..

steeledl
11-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Parker looks the same as he did last year, if we're keeping it realistic:lol..a lot of over-analyzing and people pretending to see things like "adjustments" in his game, etc..

Great insight :lmao:idiot

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Great insight :lmao:idiot

:lol please, I was the first non-hater that pointed out the early signs, last year, while all you morons cried and said he would turn it around, tbh..

He was even better last November vs. much better competition than the Spurs have faced, so far(2nd easiest schedule in the NBA)..Ginobili was playing like a star last December, and then fell off, as well..at least wait until January to see if it holds up..

I hope he can play like this, all year, but you guys need to lower your expectations and stop trying to play "I told you so", because the posters on the other side are going to come back 10x harder if we're watching the same movie as 2014-15(and then everybody will revert to complaining about the forum dying, trolling, etc)

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2015, 09:53 PM
Parker has been far better than Aldridge, though, that's not even really disputable, tbh..

steeledl
11-29-2015, 09:53 PM
:lol please, I was the first non-hater that pointed out the early signs, last year, while all you morons cried and said he would turn it around, tbh..

He was even better last November vs. much better competition than the Spurs have faced, so far(2nd easiest schedule in the NBA)..Ginobili was playing like a star last December, and then fell off, as well..at least wait until January to see if it holds up..

I hope he can play like this, all year, but you guys need to lower your expectations and stop trying to play "I told you so", because the posters on the other side are going to come back 10x harder if we're watching the same movie as 2014-15(and then everybody will revert to complaining about the forum dying, trolling, etc)

I agree that if Parker gets injured this year he wont be playing elite level basketball any more... but then again that goes for all players. Quality take.

HarlemHeat37
11-29-2015, 09:54 PM
I agree that if Parker gets injured this year he wont be playing elite level basketball any more... but then again that goes for all players. Quality take.

All players play through those types of injuries later in the year, tbh, especially older players..it's not exclusive to Tony, should never be used as an excuse for poor play..

Lostwingman
11-29-2015, 09:56 PM
If OPs avatar says anything it's that he's a big fan of overpriced and mediocre role players.

Kikoluna
11-29-2015, 10:14 PM
Leonard
Duncan
Manu
patty
Danny
Aldridge
Then Tony

SASdynasty!
11-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Yes in my humble objective opinion.

bic50
11-29-2015, 10:17 PM
Leonard
Duncan
Manu
patty
Danny
Aldridge
Then Tony

Parker is definitely top 3

steeledl
11-29-2015, 10:20 PM
Leonard
Duncan
Manu
patty
Danny
Aldridge
Then Tony

:lmao:rollin

gospursgojas
11-29-2015, 10:37 PM
Yes

tmtcsc
11-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Crazy to ask this with the addition of LMAlpha but his consistency and effeciency have been a thing of beauty.i think he has put to rest that his down year last year was a result of anything more than being injured.

https://media.giphy.com/media/132KQmC3lTji36/giphy.gif

spursfaninla
11-29-2015, 10:58 PM
actually our current win pace is 14/17 comes to around 82%, which equals 67+ wins out of 82.

spurraider21
11-29-2015, 11:00 PM
physically, parker isn't much better than last year imo. he's just much smarter than he was last year. he has accepted a smaller role, tries to do less, and has been less liberal with his shot selection.

kaji157
11-29-2015, 11:25 PM
It's no coincidence that the Spurs second best record in NBA coincides with the resurgence of Parker this year. At this pace the Spurs are on track to win 62-63 games. And a far better playoff seeding than last year. As Parker goes so do the Spurs.

Not true, you remove any of the big 3 and you´ll see how shitty the spurs are even with Kawhi and LMA playing great.

The thing with Parker is that he has been the most inconsistent of the big 3 in terms of Age/Expectations, he has given us two very average to bad year at an age where he should have been near his prime. Remember how Manu and Tim where playing at 32 and 33 years old. They where near their prime by the numbers.

So the Spurs go as Far as Parker goes, because he is the weakest link on the chain so far.

I am happy that it´s looking that this year he took things seriouslly and its starting to pay off for the team, but considering the big contract the Spurs gave him i wouldnt expect nothing else.

He took two off years apparently, hope he takes a page out of Manu´s book and starts playing all out on consistent basis. Specially on defense.

steeledl
11-29-2015, 11:42 PM
Not true, you remove any of the big 3 and you´ll see how shitty the spurs are even with Kawhi and LMA playing great.

The thing with Parker is that he has been the most inconsistent of the big 3 in terms of Age/Expectations, he has given us two very average to bad year at an age where he should have been near his prime. Remember how Manu and Tim where playing at 32 and 33 years old. They where near their prime by the numbers.

So the Spurs go as Far as Parker goes, because he is the weakest link on the chain so far.

I am happy that it´s looking that this year he took things seriouslly and its starting to pay off for the team, but considering the big contract the Spurs gave him i wouldnt expect nothing else.

He took two off years apparently, hope he takes a page out of Manu´s book and starts playing all out on consistent basis. Specially on defense.

A lot of words for a really shitty take. Save your time next time.

dabom
11-30-2015, 12:29 AM
Yet no one is mad this thread is up. :lmao

All those faggots that showed up to my thread and complained but not this one are faggots. :lmao

callo1
11-30-2015, 12:58 AM
Parker looks as expected. People thinking that he would drop off that much in one year were crazy.

Timmy looks like Timmy.

Kawhi is a beast.

Manu looks reenergized.

LA is going to get better and better.

Danny is starting to get a rhythm.

Patty is bringing the thunder.

Butler is great, and the best is yet to come.

SloMo proving the doubters wrong.

It is just a matter is sustaining.

spurraider21
11-30-2015, 01:04 AM
Yet no one is mad this thread is up. :lmao

All those faggots that showed up to my thread and complained but not this one are faggots. :lmao
:cry

dabom
11-30-2015, 01:07 AM
:cry

Just stating the hypocrisy. :lmao

spurraider21
11-30-2015, 01:07 AM
Just stating the hypocrisy. :lmao
lol mad

dabom
11-30-2015, 01:09 AM
lol mad

Kawhi is the best player on the Spurs. Pity reply. :lmao

spurraider21
11-30-2015, 01:12 AM
Kawhi is the best player on the Spurs. Pity reply. :lmao
of course he is. i haven't said otherwise this year

LongtimeSpursFan
11-30-2015, 01:25 AM
actually our current win pace is 14/17 comes to around 82%, which equals 67+ wins out of 82.

this is correct. Earlier I stared spurs were on pace to win 62-63 games but I thought record was 13-3. Damn. Spurs are not bad considering wholesale changes and new offensive schemes

cjw
11-30-2015, 01:47 AM
this is correct. Earlier I stared spurs were on pace to win 62-63 games but I thought record was 13-3. Damn. Spurs are not bad considering wholesale changes and new offensive schemes

Could go 36-29 rest of way and still get to 50 wins. That's how strong they came out of the gate. Schedule will get tougher, especially in the final month.

Now let's just hope OKC somehow finds its way into the 4-5 part of the bracket. That would require another team making a big run and Spurs maintaining the 2.

UNT Eagles 2016
11-30-2015, 01:58 AM
Kawhi
Parker
Aldridge
Ginobili
Green
Duncan
Mills
Diaw

kaji157
11-30-2015, 02:20 AM
A lot of words for a really shitty take. Save your time next time.

You just dont understand much.

There there little boy.

rasuo214
11-30-2015, 02:27 AM
After Kawhi it's really debatable on who is 2nd best.

So far this season:
Kawhi
Manu
Timmy
Parker
LMA

Past couple weeks:
Kawhi
Parker
Timmy
Manu
LMA

So Parker has been trending upwards

What I expect by the end of the season:
Kawhi
LMA
Parker
Timmy
Manu

Hopefully because LMA steps it up rather than the Big3 taking a step back.

apalisoc_9
11-30-2015, 02:28 AM
Manu has been the second best spur tbh..not even sure how anyone can see things differently.

SpursIndonesia
11-30-2015, 03:22 AM
1. Leonard
2a. Ginobili
2b. Parker
3. Duncan
4a. Aldridge
4b. Green

Pocho La Pantera
11-30-2015, 07:03 AM
Op is so stupid, who gives a shit about what he thinks, troll.

Brazil
11-30-2015, 11:29 AM

If you permit me...

First of all, I share totally the notion that people tend to forget Parker played well also last year in the beginning of the year, he was logging 15 pts per game, 6 assists (same roughly than this year) and was solid then it went south for him. So folks should temper their optimism... same for Manu

Nevertheless it is wrong to say he looks the same implying playing the same. There is no denial he is playing differently. Because of addition of LMA and Kawhi growth... his usage rate is historically low, he is taking 9,6 FG per game vs. 12 last year -25%, his shooting selection is improving and therefore FG%, TS%. This year strangely enough he is not taking anymore 3s while last year he took 21 3s at a clip non sustainable of 62%. He is also better at taking care of the ball.

So no he is not the same but I see where you are coming from. Last year you could see bunch of threads, articles praising Parker for taking 3s and converting at an impressive clip seeing this as an adjustment of this game when in fact for the whole year increase 3 pts attempt has been rather marginal vs. career. Now the difference between last year and this year is that changes we are seeing mainly usage and FGAs are obviously here to stay. What one can question is shooting efficiency... I don't know if the shooting efficiency improvement is sustainable, I don't see Parker taking better shots than last year, he takes the same ones (except 3s) but with a lower volume imo.

ElNono
11-30-2015, 11:43 AM
If you permit me...

First of all, I share totally the notion that people tend to forget Parker played well also last year in the beginning of the year, he was logging 15 pts per game, 6 assists (same roughly than this year) and was solid then it went south for him. So folks should temper their optimism... same for Manu

Nevertheless it is wrong to say he looks the same implying playing the same. There is no denial he is playing differently. Because of addition of LMA and Kawhi growth... his usage rate is historically low, he is taking 9,6 FG per game vs. 12 last year -25%, his shooting selection is improving and therefore FG%, TS%. This year strangely enough he is not taking anymore 3s while last year he took 21 3s at a clip non sustainable of 62%. He is also better at taking care of the ball.

So no he is not the same but I see where you are coming from. Last year you could see bunch of threads, articles praising Parker for taking 3s and converting at an impressive clip seeing this as an adjustment of this game when in fact for the whole year increase 3 pts attempt has been rather marginal vs. career. Now the difference between last year and this year is that changes we are seeing mainly usage and FGAs are obviously here to stay. What one can question is shooting efficiency... I don't know if the shooting efficiency improvement is sustainable, I don't see Parker taking better shots than last year, he takes the same ones (except 3s) but with a lower volume imo.

He's actually much better finishing at the rim this season... last season he couldn't get any speed or lift going to the rim, he would constantly complain about being "fouled" when he either missed or was blocked.

That's probably the major contributor to his shooting efficiency. Hope it lasts, it's what's best for the Spurs.

It's early, but perhaps the concerning aspect is that Pop hasn't given him the same rest that he's given Tim and Manu, and Tony is the guy that had a busy summer. So that's something to keep an eye on.

spurraider21
11-30-2015, 12:12 PM
He's actually much better finishing at the rim this season... last season he couldn't get any speed or lift going to the rim, he would constantly complain about being "fouled" when he either missed or was blocked.

That's probably the major contributor to his shooting efficiency. Hope it lasts, it's what's best for the Spurs.

It's early, but perhaps the concerning aspect is that Pop hasn't given him the same rest that he's given Tim and Manu, and Tony is the guy that had a busy summer. So that's something to keep an eye on.
Lord knows he needs the exercise

dabom
11-30-2015, 01:07 PM
Tony needs needs a fat clause. :lmao

TDfan2007
11-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Honestly you could put any one of our big 3 in that number 2 position. They've all been solid to start the year. We take Tim for granted (he's playing DPOY-level defense at the age of 39, making timely baskets in the post, and passing the ball beautifully), but Manu and Tony have exceeded expectations.

Macca76
11-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Manu has been the second best spur tbh..not even sure how anyone can see things differently.

This is funny because I think pretty much anyone thinks the same for you