PDA

View Full Version : Will Jimmy Butler Dominate Kawhi tomorrow?

Calispursfan11
11-30-2015, 12:22 AM
Tbh, no but Butler has been playing hurt since the Warriors game so don't expect a 100% Butler. Now if Kawhi doesn't totally dominate the somewhat compromised Butler who of course like the true professional he is- and like Timmy, will not complain as long as he can still step on the court, then it is obvious who the superior player is.

Cry Havoc
11-30-2015, 12:23 AM
Kawhi is on another echelon of player than Jimmy Butler. They aren't even comparable. And one game won't change that.

Calispursfan11
11-30-2015, 12:25 AM
Kawhi is on another echelon of player than Jimmy Butler. They aren't even comparable. And one game won't change that.

Disagree. Same echelon. Debate being who is better. It's a legit debate.

dabom
11-30-2015, 12:25 AM
:lmao

Neurosis
11-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Unless one game somehow puts Jimmy Butler into MVP and DPOY contention, raises his PER into the top5 of the league and raises his eFG% to 58% (he's at 51%) then no, it's not a legit debate.

If Kawhi dips or Jimmy starts playing much better for the rest of the season we can visit this topic. Otherwise it's not even a contest. It's like comparing Chris Bosh to Tim Duncan. Both obviously good but you can't even compare.

TheGreatYacht
11-30-2015, 12:33 AM
Pg13 skull fucked Butler, let's see if Kiwi can do the same... If Bulls are smart they'll start Snell

Cry Havoc
11-30-2015, 12:46 AM
Disagree. Same echelon. Debate being who is better. It's a legit debate.

Unless one game somehow puts Jimmy Butler into MVP and DPOY contention, raises his PER into the top5 of the league and raises his eFG% to 58% (he's at 51%) then no, it's not a legit debate.

If Kawhi dips or Jimmy starts playing much better for the rest of the season we can visit this topic. Otherwise it's not even a contest. It's like comparing Chris Bosh to Tim Duncan. Both obviously good but you can't even compare.

Are you done?

It's not a debate. Jimmy Butler is a top 15 player in this league at best. Kawhi is a top 7 player at worst.

Kawhi is 3rd in defensive rating in the NBA, 91.1.

Jimmy Butler isn't even top 20.

Kawhi Leonard is a full win share above Butler already this season. He's .8 higher in WS per 48.

His TS% is .33 higher. His TRB% is five percent higher. His steal % is higher and he is double the block % of Butler.

Oh, and he's scoring 1.3 more PPG despite being better on defense, AND turning the ball over less. In two minutes less per game.

PER for the season: Kawhi 27.4, Butler 21.7.

Look. I love Butler. Kid's a gamer and would love to have him on the Spurs. But this debate isn't a debate.

bic50
11-30-2015, 12:49 AM
Another garbage ass troll. This place is riddled with you twats. thegreatcuck is one of them.

Kool Bob Love
11-30-2015, 12:56 AM
Pg13 skull fucked Butler, let's see if Kiwi can do the same... If Bulls are smart they'll start Snell

This lil fuck bic50 is following us around. It's creeping me out.

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2015, 12:58 AM
Another garbage ass troll. This place is riddled with you twats. thegreatcuck is one of them.

:lol why do you still respond to them?

TheGreatYacht
11-30-2015, 01:01 AM
This lil fuck bic50 is following us around. It's creeping me out.
:lol I try not to give him attention but he's still on my dick... He's a mark that's for sure

bic50
11-30-2015, 01:02 AM
:lol why do you still respond to them?

Yeah you're right. Those clowns are a waste of time tbh.

Kool Bob Love
11-30-2015, 01:04 AM
:lol I try not to give him attention but he's still on my dick... He's a mark that's for sure

I see that. :lol Hope you had a great week tho. :tu

TheGreatYacht
11-30-2015, 01:09 AM
I see that. :lol Hope you had a great week tho. :tu
Cowboy tears on thanksgiving, SysTom exposed, Kobe writing a fruity ass poem calling it quits... Hell of a week bruh wbu

Kool Bob Love
11-30-2015, 01:14 AM
Cowboy tears on thanksgiving, SysTom exposed, Kobe writing a fruity ass poem calling it quits... Hell of a week bruh wbu

Sounds great. Shit, outside of sports it was dope. Kobe top off the week tho. like get the fuck outta here with that weak ass poem. :lol 2pac> Kobe having a meltdown worse than bid50. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
11-30-2015, 01:22 AM
Sounds great. Shit, outside of sports it was dope. Kobe top off the week tho. like get the fuck outta here with that weak ass poem. :lol 2pac> Kobe having a meltdown worse than bid50. :lmao
Mods sniped that nigga quick, dabom was the first one on the scene. Snitch snitching per par tbh. :rollin

loveforthegame
11-30-2015, 01:27 AM
Let me get this straight. If Leonard does dominate Butler it doesn't count because Butler is playing injured. And if he doesn't dominate him then Butler is the superior player no matter what.

Sounds legit. Good to know.

Calispursfan11
11-30-2015, 01:38 AM
Let me get this straight. If Leonard does dominate Butler it doesn't count because Butler is playing injured. And if he doesn't dominate him then Butler is the superior player no matter what.

Sounds legit. Good to know.

Your reading comprehension is superb.

Calispursfan11
11-30-2015, 01:42 AM
Are you done?

It's not a debate. Jimmy Butler is a top 15 player in this league at best. Kawhi is a top 7 player at worst.

Kawhi Leonard is a full win share above Butler already this season. He's .8 higher in WS per 48.

His TS% is .33 higher. His TRB% is five percent higher. His steal % is higher and he is double the block % of Butler.

Oh, and he's scoring 1.3 more PPG despite being better on defense, AND turning the ball over less. In two minutes less per game.

Look. I love Butler. Kid's a gamer and would love to have him on the Spurs. But this debate isn't a debate.

No, I'm not done. You're a player fan obviously. You need to snap back into objectivity and realize that this Butler kid is really basically Kawhi on steroids (but not illegal) with a more shitty team and worse situation. It's like the difference between being born in the US and Iraq (Butler being born in Iraq). Butler would be awesome as a Spur, but he's been able to carve out an MVP type role on an inferior team by himself without all the coddling or any type of meaningful coaching or mentorship. So basically yeah, if he even matches Kawhi tomorrow, it's a foregone conclusion who's best. Imagine how good we would be with Butler...

Cry Havoc
11-30-2015, 01:45 AM
No, I'm not done. You're a player fan obviously. You need to snap back into objectivity and realize that this Butler kid is really basically Kawhi on steroids (but not illegal) with a more shitty team and worse situation. It's like the difference between being born in the US and Iraq (Butler being born in Iraq). Butler would be awesome as a Spur, but he's been able to carve out an MVP type role on an inferior team by himself without all the coddling or any type of meaningful coaching or mentorship. So basically yeah, if he even matches Kawhi tomorrow, it's a foregone conclusion who's best. Imagine how good we would be with Butler...

Yawn. You're boring.

Calispursfan11
11-30-2015, 01:46 AM
Yawn. You're boring.

We shall see. If Kawhi's numbers are worse than Butler's tomorrow than you gotta lotta s-plainin' to do, weep havoc.

rasuo214
11-30-2015, 02:13 AM
Not sure what's worse your Jimmy Butler delusion + obsession or that dude that's riding the Jimmer. At least Butler is a top 25 player.

Cry Havoc
11-30-2015, 02:20 AM
We shall see. If Kawhi's numbers are worse than Butler's tomorrow than you gotta lotta s-plainin' to do, weep havoc.

Ah, them regular season games that matter so much to non-Spurs fans. Got it.

YGWHI
11-30-2015, 01:54 PM
No, he won't.

then it is obvious who the superior player is.

One game doesn't determine the value of a player.

Nobody needs one-game's performance to know Kawhi is the better player between both. Many guys proveded you stats that prove the point in this and your other thread.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254567

Anyway, why does this troll compare Butler to Tim Duncan?? In a Spurs forum??
If some idiot needs to compare the guys, low-key Kawhi looks more like Tim than "Butler-talking-to-the-media-about-Taylor Swift-and-Pretty Little Liars..."

look_at_g_shred
11-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Are you done?

CRYHAVOK ... my nigga :tu

Kawhitstorm
11-30-2015, 03:28 PM
If D-Rose is in the lineup then expect Butler to take less than 10 shots & just camp in the corner:lol

steeledl
11-30-2015, 03:34 PM
Hope not.... Tired of idiots trying to say butler is better than kawhi or even in his class. It is 3rd game in 4 nights though iirc.

Kawhitstorm
11-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Oh, and he's scoring 1.3 more PPG

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/field-goals/sort/scoringEfficiency/position/shooting-guards

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/field-goals/sort/scoringEfficiency/position/small-forwards

Spur|n|Austin
11-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Are you done?

Goods per par, bads by OP.

DeRozan m8
11-30-2015, 04:01 PM
Jimmy Butler is a just a poor mans Kawhi, and thats a compliment to him.

bic50
11-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Are you done?

:wow well that's that.

bic50
11-30-2015, 04:46 PM
Isn't J.Butler a SG? I don't even think they will even be matched up with eachother anyway.

daledondale
11-30-2015, 04:54 PM
Cry jizzing over parkertards.

SupremeGuy
11-30-2015, 05:26 PM
Are you done?

Look. I love Butler. Kid's a gamer and would love to have him on the Spurs. But this debate isn't a debate.:tu

Cry Havoc
11-30-2015, 09:26 PM

Kawhi is dumpstering Butler. The difference between them is even greater than I thought. Jimmy is helpless with Kawhi on him, and he absolutely cannot guard him.

loveforthegame
11-30-2015, 09:27 PM
He's just toying with Butler tonight. It's almost cruel.

SpursFan86
11-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Like I said in another topic, the real debate should be Kawhi vs. Paul George. Butler is a level below those guys.

LoneStarState'sPride
11-30-2015, 09:28 PM
Kawhiet Riot bullying the fuck out of this Butler clown :lol

Calispursfan11
11-30-2015, 10:23 PM
Butler takes it to the rim as time winds down, draws the foul and sinks both FTs to break the Spurs' back. Beats Kawhi in shooting %, ties in 3 point %, beats Kawhi in free throw %, ties Kawhi in assists, commits less fouls than Kawhi, beats Kawhi in blocks. Plays an overall more efficient game than Kawhi but most importantly, his team wins, all while Jimmy is nursing an injury from the Warriors game. As I predicted, he didn't dominate Kawhi but he played the game the right way and his team won. Kawhi chucked it as is the Spurs new approach and the Spurs lost using that approach. We have a long way to go before we can challenge Golden State and we have to become less Kawhi-centric as is obvious from tonight's game.

KL2
11-30-2015, 10:25 PM
Leonard dominated him, he was forced to ask for help in the post against Leonard and was getting boarded on by him too. Should've kept going to him, could've easily dropped 40+

Calispursfan11
11-30-2015, 10:26 PM
Leonard dominated him, he was forced to ask for help in the post against Leonard and was getting boarded on by him too. Should've kept going to him, could've easily dropped 40+

Kobe-esque shooting (as in the current version of Kobe) is not dominating no one.

KL2
11-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Kobe-esque shooting (as in the current version of Kobe) is not dominating no one.

Missed shots after a foul that results in free throws are still counted as FGA's lmao. Butler could not guard him, especially not in the post, Pop is an idiot for not running the offense through Leonard.

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2015, 10:36 PM
Butler was mostly a non-factor, overall, tbh..

Calispursfan11
11-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Missed shots after a foul that results in free throws are still counted as FGA's lmao. Butler could not guard him, especially not in the post, Pop is an idiot for not running the offense through Leonard.

No. If you get fouled in the act of shooting, it's not counted as a field goal attempt unless it goes in and is an AND 1. So misses when fouled do not count. Sorry.

YGWHI
11-30-2015, 11:50 PM
This thread :lmao

Butler beats Kawhi in free throw %, ties Kawhi in assists...

Butler's 14 Points 5 Turnovers 3 Rebounds

Kawhi shut down Butler and forced him into 5 turnovers. Plus, Kawhi scored 25 points on him, and took 8 rebounds.

bic50
11-30-2015, 11:55 PM
Like I said. These clowns are being shat on in their own threads. Very entertaining.

Kool Bob Love
12-01-2015, 12:06 AM
This thread :lmao

Butler's 14 Points 5 Turnovers 3 Rebounds

Kawhi shut down Butler and forced him into 5 turnovers. Plus, Kawhi scored 25 points on him, and took 8 rebounds.

bulter to kiwi "Hold this L"

YGWHI
12-01-2015, 12:09 AM

Kawhi to you "Suck my...

Larry"
http://i.imgur.com/YdT43sl.jpg

bic50
12-01-2015, 12:10 AM
Kat bukkake

Kool Bob Love
12-01-2015, 12:11 AM

YGWHI
12-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Kat bukkake

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/nztotoro/cat-1.jpg

:lol

bic50
12-01-2015, 12:26 AM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/nztotoro/cat-1.jpg

:lol

Calispursfan11
12-01-2015, 12:28 AM
Player fans melting down per par. They don't understand that Jimmy's team got the W which is by far the most important thing. Moreover, Jimmy turned Kawhi into a chucker of current Kobe proportions this game which seriously contributed to the loss. Smdh at playerfans tonight tbqh. This is not how Spurs are gonna win the championship. Gotta get the ball moving and stop doing Kawhi isos. He's OK but the Spurs are not constructed to dump it into him or have him shoot a fadeaway whatever as the clock expires. They just won't win that way. Face reality guys. If they can't beat the Bulls with Kawhi doing his best Kobe impression they sure as shit won't be beating the Warriors or Cavs at this shit, and lucky to beat the Rockets or Clippers, tbh, going forward with Kawhi trying to be Kobe, Jordan, Lebron, Durant. He's just not. A great player YES and good at defense, but those guys in their prime he ain't and never will be.

Calispursfan11
12-01-2015, 12:33 AM

Right, Bosh is much better than Duncan this year. Higher PER, ppg and other stats. I agree.

YGWHI
12-01-2015, 12:47 AM
They don't understand that Jimmy's team got the W which is by far the most important thing.
Stop lying... If winning is the most important thing to you, why you didn't make a thread saying "Will the Spurs dominate Bulls tomorrow" instead the Kawhi vs Butler thread?

Gotta get the ball moving and stop doing Kawhi isos.

Isos? He's taking just one more per game than last season.

What's even more interesting than his continued development is the way his usage has increased. It's a reflection of the adaptability of San Antonio's offense that Leonard has been able to accomplish increase in responsibility while the overall product at the team level remains fairly similar. According to the NBA's play type statistics (http://stats.nba.com/playtype/) he's still averaging about 1.5 team created shots (spot-ups, cuts, off-screen, hand-offs) for every one self-created shot (pick-and-roll ball-handler, post-up, isolation) he takes.
Self created: 2014-15 5.5, 2015-16 6.5

they can't beat the Bulls with Kawhi...won't be beating the Warriors

Yeah..because they never beat the Warrios with Kawhi playing at high level. Kawhi...26 pts 7 stls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VcZCpjQJa8

bic50
12-01-2015, 12:57 AM
If winning is the most important thing to you, why you didn't make a thread saying "Will the Spurs dominate Bulls tomorrow" instead the Kawhi vs Butler thread?

Isos? He's taking just one more per game than last season.

What's even more interesting than his continued development is the way his usage has increased. It's a reflection of the adaptability of San Antonio's offense that Leonard has been able to accomplish increase in responsibility while the overall product at the team level remains fairly similar. According to the NBA's play type statistics (http://stats.nba.com/playtype/) he's still averaging about 1.5 team created shots (spot-ups, cuts, off-screen, hand-offs) for every one self-created shot (pick-and-roll ball-handler, post-up, isolation) he takes.
Self created: 2014-15 5.5, 2015-16 6.5

Yeah..because they never beat the Warrios with Kawhi playing at high level. Kawhi...26 pts 7 stls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VcZCpjQJa8

:tu

Neurosis
12-01-2015, 01:03 AM
Right, Bosh is much better than Duncan this year. Higher PER, ppg and other stats. I agree.

Well I was talking career comparison to sort of highlight that the huge gap between Butler vs. Kawhi this season is like Bosh career vs. Duncan career.

But if you want to be a smartass, let's compare the two anyway :)
Duncan per 36 mins has:
More boards
More blocks
More assists
More steals
4% higher eFG%
+2 better in RPM
Captain of the team with the leagues 2nd best record

But yeah, Bosh has more PPG so I guess he's a better player :lol

Also if it's wins that ultimately matter then:
Kawhi wins: 14
Butler wins: 10

:lol getting wrecked by your own measurements.

bic50
12-01-2015, 01:05 AM
Well I was talking career comparison to sort of highlight that the huge gap between Butler vs. Kawhi this season is like Bosh career vs. Duncan career.

But if you want to be a smartass, let's compare the two anyway :)
Duncan per 36 mins has:
More boards
More blocks
More assists
More steals
4% higher eFG%
+2 better in RPM
Captain of the team with the leagues 2nd best record

But yeah, Bosh has more PPG so I guess he's a better player :lol

:bobo

kawhidoyoudothistome
12-01-2015, 01:50 AM
Butler takes it to the rim as time winds down, draws the foul and sinks both FTs to break the Spurs' back. Beats Kawhi in shooting %, ties in 3 point %, beats Kawhi in free throw %, ties Kawhi in assists, commits less fouls than Kawhi, beats Kawhi in blocks. Plays an overall more efficient game than Kawhi but most importantly, his team wins, all while Jimmy is nursing an injury from the Warriors game. As I predicted, he didn't dominate Kawhi but he played the game the right way and his team won. Kawhi chucked it as is the Spurs new approach and the Spurs lost using that approach. We have a long way to go before we can challenge Golden State and we have to become less Kawhi-centric as is obvious from tonight's game.

Yes, because shitty bench play totally wasn't the reason the Spurs lost. Kawhi only hurt his team, while Butler was the greatest man on earth for shitting the bed until his late drive to the basket.