PDA

View Full Version : RRS - Programs on the Line

word
09-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Even though I don't think Texas will have a problem beating OU this year, I do think a loss would have tragic consequences to either program.

For OU: Coming out of the Orange Bowl, with a probable 5 loss season, if they lose against Texas it's the final blow and the loss of OU's final recruiting tool for the top players in Texas. ( We play for titles...see AD to see a kid that made a bad choice...)

For Texas: A loss means when OU recruiters are talking to Texas kids, 'They can't beat OU, we just had a bad year...

Whoever loses in Dallas, their program is hurt for years to come...

j-6
09-19-2005, 12:22 PM
The only thing I'm going to disagree with is that OU will be fucked since they won't be able to get Texas kids enrolled. I can totally see Bob Stoops turn into the evil JuCo recruiter type like Bill Snyder in the Little Apple.

The other thing that's going to hinder OU is the reemergence of A&M. Kids now really have two instate choices for dominant programs. That Clemson loss doesn't look at bad after seeing the Tigers tangle with Miami. I'm thinking probably three losses max for A&M right now, and just two isn't really out of the question.

word
09-19-2005, 12:27 PM
aTm's defense is lacking but overall, I agree with you.

samikeyp
09-19-2005, 01:00 PM
As a Longhorn fan, I would love all the top Texas kids to go there but if they chose A&M over OU, that would make me almost as happy.

SWC Bonfire
09-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Texas better wax OU this year.

A&M needs to lay 41 on them at home.

word
09-19-2005, 01:04 PM
OU is fighting for their very life right now. If they lose their ability to recruit top tier players from Texas, they're done for years and years, ala Nebraska.

samikeyp
09-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Texas better wax OU this year.

A&M needs to lay 41 on them at home.

You know the Ags will go for 70 in Norman! :)

word
09-19-2005, 01:52 PM

And I'd laugh my ass off.

What will be ugly, considering how bad OU's secondary is, is OU in Lubbock.

Oh my...

AgSnake361
09-19-2005, 03:30 PM

If there's any justice in the world, it'll happen. That being said, I'll be happy with 30 points and a W.

Kdfelicity
09-19-2005, 08:57 PM
OU is fighting for their very life right now. If they lose their ability to recruit top tier players from Texas, they're done for years and years, ala Nebraska.

Yea it's pretty sad cuz most of the players OU gets are from Texas. To me, when Texas kids decide to go to OU they're like traitors to their home state. :nope