PDA

View Full Version : Texans Coaching Change

midgetonadonkey
09-19-2005, 12:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2166118

Punchless Texans fire offensive coordinator Palmer
ESPN.com news services

The Texans have fired offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and replaced him with offensive line coach Joe Pendry, ESPN's Chris Mortensen has learned.

Pendry also will work with QB David Carr. Steve Marshall takes over as offensive line coach. Marshall had been assisting Pendry.

Pendry once worked as offensive coordinator under Dom Capers at Carolina. He was fired from that job.

It's about time they do something to try and improve that terrible offense. They have the talent to do things but they just suck.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-19-2005, 12:47 PM
So, they fire the OC and promote the guy who has coached a unit (OL) that is the #1 single biggest problem with the team?

Pendry once worked as offensive coordinator under Dom Capers at Carolina

That says it all. Coaching incest, pathetic.

Clandestino
09-19-2005, 12:55 PM
dropped passes left and fucking right.. calling runs on 1st and 2nd down every single fucking time and then trying to throw on 3rd down or even running a draw on 3rd and 10 wasn't the o-line's fault.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-19-2005, 01:02 PM
It is when they can't even block a guy.

You are talking about an OL that gave up an NFL record for sacks last year, and is already on pace to "better" that record after two games so far this year.

Not exactly what I'd call a stellar resume.

Clandestino
09-19-2005, 01:08 PM
that was the first year.. not last year.

Clandestino
09-19-2005, 01:08 PM
we do know one thing.. the offense sucks and it can't get any worse... all we can do is stay the same or do better...

GrandeDavid
09-19-2005, 01:11 PM
dropped passes left and fucking right.. calling runs on 1st and 2nd down every single fucking time and then trying to throw on 3rd down or even running a draw on 3rd and 10 wasn't the o-line's fault.

You are absolutely right. The Texans basically have no playbook. If you don't believe me, check Madden 06. Anyway, I was steaming at Capers by the second quarter of that last game for allowing such pv$$y ass play calling. Carr was also weak.

Clandestino
09-19-2005, 01:18 PM
yeah, and what pisses me off even more is when carr checks off it usually doesn't get us anywhere.. busted plays and shit..

GrandeDavid
09-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Just a mess. And Jason Babin needs his ass kicked or something. So does Philip Buchanon. No, whoever made the biggest push to draft Babin and to trade the future for Buchanon needs the ass whoopin.

tlongII
09-19-2005, 03:32 PM
What is wrong with this team? They are actually worse now than when they first came into the league!!

Horry For 3!
09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
I was about to post something about this but you already did.