PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Now that the Kobe era is over, how do you go about rebuilding?

spursistan
11-30-2015, 10:43 AM
With the financial and on-court albatross that was hanging on franchise/team confirmed gone, the Lakers future looks a little bit better than it did few days ago....

What other step the franchise should take to regain some respectability in a league that has clearly left them behind?

Firing Byron Scott at the end of season is a non-brainer..but who do you hire? a hard-ass like Thibs or player-coach in the mould of Scottie Brooks who is good for young non-contending teams?

Will you keep building through the draft despite the whiffing incompetency of Mitch and co.? or will you try to swing trades for disgruntled in-prime All stars (Cousins?) like good old days of Lakers? or maybe hope for some luck in Free agency after the team register some improvement in 2017 (Westbrook?)

Discuss..

spursistan
11-30-2015, 11:21 AM
I just checked Byron Scott still has 2-years in his contract :lmao

Killakobe81
11-30-2015, 12:04 PM
I just checked Byron Scott still has 2-years in his contract :lmao

Doesn't matter ... we print money.
Fire Byron.
Dont fool ourselves in to thinking Durant is coming ...
Re-sign Clarkson.
Offer sheet on Barnes yes they may match but they definitely have to think about it since they would be players on any good player who wont break the bank and would cost much less.
Throw money at Whiteside or Drummond.
Dont re-sign Hibbert
Practice patience with Randle and Russell at least until ASG next year if after a season and a half they havent shown significant growth... then you trade pieces.

spursistan
11-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Doesn't matter ... we print money.
Fire Byron.
Dont fool ourselves in to thinking Durant is coming ...
Re-sign Clarkson.
Offer sheet on Barnes yes they may match but they definitely have to think about it since they would be players on any good player who wont break the bank and would cost much less.
Throw money at Whiteside or Drummond.
Dont re-sign Hibbert
Practice patience with Randle and Russell at least until ASG next year if after a season and a half they havent shown significant growth... then you trade pieces.

Who is your coaching pick?

Also, i think Westbrook strikes me as a guy who would be besotted by LA the city, the glamour..etc...sure not Durant..

MultiTroll
11-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Choice has to be made whether to keep Kobee in the starting lineup and playing 30 minutes to ensure a lottery pick

vs

Trading his expiring contract before the trade deadline. Some prospects threre.

DMC
11-30-2015, 12:15 PM
Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard.

DMC
11-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Choice has to be made whether to keep Kobee in the starting lineup and playing 30 minutes to ensure a lottery pick

vs

Trading his expiring contract before the trade deadline. Some prospects threre.
I get the lulz but no one would trade a typical 4 year salary for a 1 year bench player.

MultiTroll
11-30-2015, 12:19 PM
I get the lulz but no one would trade a typical 4 year salary for a 1 year bench player.
Would a team wanting to clear house, or a team with a problem child like say Cousins on the Kings?
I know Vlade is not going to trade Cousins, period.

I'm just saying would a team that wanted to start over want to have some major salary cap room for this summer? That's one thing Kobs brings to the table. :lol

Mr Bones
11-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Kobe announcing his retirement is the best thing that could happen to the Lakers... free agents who grew up dreaming of playing for them will now actually consider going there...

DMC
11-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Would a team wanting to clear house, or a team with a problem child like say Cousins on the Kings?
I know Vlade is not going to trade Cousins, period.

I'm just saying would a team that wanted to start over want to have some major salary cap room for this summer? That's one thing Kobs brings to the table. :lol

LA won't trade Kobe. He's a guaranteed fan level excuse for tanking (a) and he's their golden boy (b).

spursistan
11-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Cousins is most likely one big fish to fall in their laps in foreseeable future..I think the league deep down, see Silver instantaneous remark on Kobe retirement, want the Lakers to move on and regain respectability ASAP..There is a lot to milk from potential Clippers-Lakers, Lakers-Dubs playoff battles..

Killakobe81
11-30-2015, 12:30 PM
LA won't trade Kobe. He's a guaranteed fan level excuse for tanking (a) and he's their golden boy (b).

no, $
they printed his poem and gave them out at Staples.
next Kobe bobblehead night
Kobe 81 t-shirt night.
Kobe passes Jerry west night and so on ...so much money to be made. they will sell special Kobe T-shirts at the LA Live store.

DMC
11-30-2015, 12:32 PM
no, $
they printed his poem and gave them out at Staples.
next Kobe bobblehead night
Kobe 81 t-shirt night.
Kobe passes Jerry west night and so on ...so much money to be made. they will sell special Kobe T-shirts at the LA Live store.

Are you going to get in line?

DPG21920
11-30-2015, 12:53 PM
What a joke LAL has become.

spursistan
11-30-2015, 12:58 PM
What a joke LAL has become.
but this is the right first move, no?..The franchise has been setback enough..I think with new blood, modus openadi, and most importantly luck (FA/draft) they could improve their outlook in couple or 3 years...

DPG21920
11-30-2015, 01:09 PM
For sure ^

11-30-2015, 01:31 PM

probably there already, posting from his phone :lol

Killakobe81
11-30-2015, 01:33 PM

Nope. "I refuse to purchase any Kobe or LAker related gear until they get a new coach and show signs of progress. It's the only way I can show protest outside of not buying tickets. I will however(possibly) attend one of the last Kobe games in Dallas, houston, LA or SA.

Killakobe81
11-30-2015, 01:34 PM
probably there already, posting from his phone :lol

hey new guy shut your pie hole.

Killakobe81
11-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Damn, should have bought ...now prices at Staples are crazy. Will have to catch him on the road ...

Kobe sends ticket prices skyrocketing (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14255499/ticket-prices-climb-kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-announces-final-season)

Killakobe81
11-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Ryan said some brokers started to push prices up earlier in the month when Kobe Bryant's wife, Vanessa, showed up to Madison Square Garden to see him play against the Knicks. Resale prices have already jumped 25 to 30 percent from that mark, and Ryan said that in some markets, Bryant's retirement will warrant another uptick of 50 to 100 percent.

"I had it priced as my second-highest game of the year after Golden State," said Mark Klang of Amazing Tickets in Cleveland, which sells Cavs tickets.

~O~
11-30-2015, 03:07 PM
That should have been figured out 3 years ago.

whitemamba
11-30-2015, 03:10 PM
Durant and Westbrook are both OTW

DPG21920
11-30-2015, 03:10 PM
This off season is going to be so interesting from an LA perspective. I wonder if it was all Kobe or other stuff when it comes to Free Agents. With Kobe gone, La having to most money it's a no brainer for LA of old to not only land the biggest FA, but multiple. Let's see what's really going on.

steeledl
11-30-2015, 03:15 PM
Never seen Kobe play in person. Living out in Vegas..... Gonna go out to the February 19th game in la. On a Friday which is perfect... Can spend the weekend out there. Please stay healthy kobester..... One of the greatest players of all time. Might be the last time I get to see other greats like Duncan and ginobili too. I'd like to meet some of you laker douches if you are going to that game.

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Never seen Kobe play in person. Living out in Vegas..... Gonna go out to the February 19th game in la. On a Friday which is perfect... Can spend the weekend out there. Please stay healthy kobester..... One of the greatest players of all time.

I got tickets to Raptors-Lakers 2 weeks ago..I want to go, but I might be able to get double the value now, Kobe has a ton of fans here:lol

steeledl
11-30-2015, 03:19 PM
I got tickets to Raptors-Lakers 2 weeks ago..I want to go, but I might be able to get double the value now, Kobe has a ton of fans here:lol

Eh if you have seen him play before I'd cash in.... I've just never been to a Spurs Lakers game.

11-30-2015, 09:02 PM
hey new guy shut your pie hole.

Bend over Killa, I'll shut a hole for ya

DMC
11-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Nope. "I refuse to purchase any Kobe or LAker related gear until they get a new coach and show signs of progress. It's the only way I can show protest outside of not buying tickets. I will however(possibly) attend one of the last Kobe games in Dallas, houston, LA or SA.
Hypocrite. You were singing "tank tank tank baby tank" for the past two years now you're righteous?

DMC
11-30-2015, 09:47 PM
This off season is going to be so interesting from an LA perspective. I wonder if it was all Kobe or other stuff when it comes to Free Agents. With Kobe gone, La having to most money it's a no brainer for LA of old to not only land the biggest FA, but multiple. Let's see what's really going on.
How will media spin it when big names flock to LA after Kobe retires? Salary cap? lol

baseline bum
11-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Never seen Kobe play in person. Living out in Vegas..... Gonna go out to the February 19th game in la. On a Friday which is perfect... Can spend the weekend out there. Please stay healthy kobester..... One of the greatest players of all time. Might be the last time I get to see other greats like Duncan and ginobili too. I'd like to meet some of you laker douches if you are going to that game.

Why do you want to see this Kobe though? He was pretty amazing to see in person in his prime, but that guy is long gone.

steeledl
11-30-2015, 10:36 PM
Why do you want to see this Kobe though? He was pretty amazing to see in person in his prime, but that guy is long gone.

Eh just one of those basketball bucket list games. I'd pay to go see a 51 year old Michael Jordan if he made a comeback..... I know they are not the same but they are legends.

Indazone
12-01-2015, 01:45 AM
You still gotta get rid of your cancer of a coach Byron Scott

HemisfairArena
12-01-2015, 02:10 AM
I did not see one post in here that correctly identifies the problem and that being the Buss' kids running the show,,,that is problem #1 that needs to be addressed,,,otherwise everything else is moot. Fire Byron Scott and it still wont make a difference because these Buss kids would hire a bench warmer riding on Kerr's success like Luke Walton to take over,,,