PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: Why do Spurs fans refuse to admit that prime Kobe destroyed their team?

lefty
11-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Come on, soyez bon joueurs

:bobo

Bynumite
11-30-2015, 01:36 PM
Kobe's record and numbers against the spurs in the playoffs speak for themselves. Most of the spurs fanbase is obviously scarred for life and lashing out.

Spurfan is too emotional, all in their feelings and would rather act like Katelynn Faber in Colorado circa 2003 instead of recognizing greatness.

Killakobe81
11-30-2015, 01:40 PM
Kobe's record and numbers against the spurs in the playoffs speak for themselves. Most of the spurs fanbase is obviously scarred for life and lashing out.

Spurfan is too emotional, all in their feelings and would rather act like Katelynn Faber in Colorado circa 2003 instead of recognizing greatness.

Curry is getting the Kobe treatment by some on here too. It will get worse here if Curry drops 40 on Kiwi and does his showboating stuff.

midnightpulp
11-30-2015, 01:42 PM

:lol That same hatred also translates on your end toward Tim. Closed down the Forum, consistently outplayed Shaq, and shat on your new toy Dwight Howard in 2013.

But that's not why we hate Kirby. Dirk has destroyed us, Durant has, etc. I don't even hate Kirbs, I just hate his hype and the status the NBA and old media has created for him (i.e., all those defensive first teams he made is an abomination), which is thankfully been torn down now.

Bynumite
11-30-2015, 01:48 PM
:lol That same hatred also translates on your end toward Tim. Closed down the Forum, consistently outplayed Shaq, and shat on your new toy Dwight Howard in 2013.

But that's not why we hate Kirby. Dirk has destroyed us, Durant has, etc. I don't even hate Kirbs, I just hate his hype and the status the NBA and old media has created for him (i.e., all those defensive first teams he made is an abomination), which is thankfully been torn down now.

Pretty sure i've seen you confirm my point about Kobe before and you know it. Obviously i'm not gonna search through thousands of your posts to try to find a quote.

Playoff head to head still greatly favors Kobe by the way. I can handle 2 losses at the hands of Jim and in 2012 that team was going nowhere. So it's whatever.

ElNono
11-30-2015, 01:53 PM
Pretty sure i've seen you confirm my point about Kobe before and you know it. Obviously i'm not gonna search through thousands of your posts to try to find a quote.

Playoff head to head still greatly favors Kobe by the way. I can handle 2 losses at the hands of Jim and in 2012 that team was going nowhere. So it's whatever.

:lol there's no more "playoffs head to head" simply because your boy couldn't ride more coattails... Tim and the Spurs have always been there one way or another...

Cry Havoc
11-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Playoff head to head still greatly favors Kobe by the way.

:lol Kobe has missed the playoffs for 25%+ of his career. :lol

Bynumite
11-30-2015, 02:01 PM
:lol there's no more "playoffs head to head" simply because your boy couldn't ride more coattails... Tim and the Spurs have always been there one way or another...

Numbers don't lie, it's 4-2 advantage Kobe, when Kobe and Jim met in the playoffs.

Couldn't give a shit about how you think Kobe got to the playoffs or why you think he missed them :lol

timtonymanu
11-30-2015, 02:03 PM
The Laker fan meltdown is awesome

midnightpulp
11-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Numbers don't lie, it's 4-2 advantage Kobe, when Kobe and Jim met in the playoffs.

Couldn't give a shit about how you think Kobe got to the playoffs or why you think he missed them :lol

:lol Using team accomplishments.

It's 2-1 Nash vs. Kobe. What can we conclude from that? And that was during the years Kirby felt robbed of the MVP going to Nash, and Nash still shat on him and the Lakers :lol

Medvedenko
11-30-2015, 02:05 PM
More crying from Spur fans. You knock Kobe, you my as well knock the accomplishments the Spurs had in the same era.

Bynumite
11-30-2015, 02:09 PM
:lol Using team accomplishments.

It's 2-1 Nash vs. Kobe. What can we conclude from that? And that was during the years Kirby felt robbed of the MVP going to Nash, and Nash still shat on him and the Lakers :lol

I'm not debating ranks among the greats. I'm just saying why in my opinion some spurfans feel a certain way about Kobe. That't it.

midnightpulp
11-30-2015, 02:10 PM
More crying from Spur fans. You knock Kobe, you my as well knock the accomplishments the Spurs had in the same era.

You're forgetting:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/lakers/ts_110601shaqretires650.jpg

And Spurs fans recognized him as top 7-8 player of all-time. Kobe was a top-15 great of all-time and a sidekick to him, so how is the Spurs going up against a team featuring a top 8 and top 15 great on the same team both in their primes, led by a great coach, knocking the Lakers/Kobe and the Spurs accomplishments?

midnightpulp
11-30-2015, 02:13 PM
I'm not debating ranks among the greats. I'm just saying why in my opinion some spurfans feel a certain way about Kobe. That't it.

I can't speak for others, but his success against the Spurs has nothing to do with my criticism of him as a player. Most on this board "hate" Kobe because of his attitude, hype, and inflated status. NBA fans in general don't like Kobe, or more accurately, the Kobe Myth.

Bynumite
11-30-2015, 02:18 PM
I can't speak for others, but his success against the Spurs has nothing to do with my criticism of him as a player. Most on this board "hate" Kobe because of his attitude, hype, and inflated status. NBA fans in general don't like Kobe, or more accurately, the Kobe Myth.

Obviously i've seen people hate on Kobe before but nothing quite like i've seen coming from spurfan on this forum. Which led me to put 2 and 2 together :lol

DAF86
11-30-2015, 02:25 PM
Why do you refuse yo admit that Alpha GOD destroys Madrid?

lefty
11-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Why do you refuse yo admit that Alpha GOD destroys Madrid?
I've always admitted that Inesta destroyed Madrid tbh

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Kobe definitely destroyed the Spurs, no denying it, tbh..

DAF86
11-30-2015, 02:41 PM
I've always admitted that Inesta destroyed Madrid tbh

Thanks for proving my point son.

lefty
11-30-2015, 03:21 PM
Thanks for proving my point son.
So your point is that Iniesta is the Alpha and is the one who has destroyed Madrid

I knew that

ElNono
11-30-2015, 03:22 PM

:lol of course you don't give a shit when Kirbs failed to even reach the playoffs... that's really convenient

lefty
11-30-2015, 03:22 PM
You're forgetting:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/lakers/ts_110601shaqretires650.jpg

And Spurs fans recognized him as top 7-8 player of all-time. Kobe was a top-15 great of all-time and a sidekick to him, so how is the Spurs going up against a team featuring a top 8 and top 15 great on the same team both in their primes, led by a great coach, knocking the Lakers/Kobe and the Spurs accomplishments?
Yes Shaq IS the one who carried Kobe to titles

Doesnt change the fact that Kobe raped the Spurms tbh :lol

whitemamba
11-30-2015, 03:29 PM
You're forgetting:

kobe and shaq played great in the ass whipping of SA those year. but what about '08??

da_suns_fan
11-30-2015, 03:39 PM

:lol

midnightpulp
11-30-2015, 03:51 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=duncati01&p2=onealsh01#stats_playoffs::none

Kawhitstorm
11-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Why do Lakers fans refuse to admit that prime Tim destroyed their team?

midnightpulp
11-30-2015, 03:53 PM
kobe and shaq played great in the ass whipping of SA those year. but what about '08??

Kobe played great.

Bynumite
11-30-2015, 03:58 PM
:lol of course you don't give a shit when Kirbs failed to even reach the playoffs... that's really convenient

The subject of this thread is not why or how many times Kobe missed the playoffs, it it? If that's a topic you feel needs to be addressed go ahead and start a thread about it.

OP asked a question, i gave my opinion and won't entertain your obvious deflection.

Kawhitstorm
11-30-2015, 04:04 PM

1999: Kobe had the better supporting cast, Spurs won
2001: Kobe had a better supporting cast by a win margin, Lakers won
2002: Kobe had a better supporting cast, Lakers won
2003: Kobe had a better supporting cast, Spurs won
2004: Kobe had 3 HOFers while Tim had Hedo/Rasho, Lakers won
2005: Kobe missed the postseason, Tim won Finals MVP
2008: Manu was injured thus the Kobe had a better supporting cast by default, Lakers won
2013: Kobe had a supporting cast that was suppose to break the Bulls 72 win record but they barely made the playoffs

Whenever Kobe had a supporting cast that mirrored what Tim was surrounded by in the early 20000s, he either missed the postseason or got bounced in the 1st rd, nuff said! Blaming Tim for losing in the WCF is like blaming pre-Heatles Bron for not winning a title w/ the Cavs, they both overachieved meanwhile Kirby underachieved. :lol

ElNono
11-30-2015, 04:05 PM
The subject of this thread is not why or how many times Kobe missed the playoffs, it it? If that's a topic you feel needs to be addressed go ahead and start a thread about it.

OP asked a question, i gave my opinion and won't entertain your obvious deflection.

:lol You brought up playoffs head to head. The fact there were only 6 has everything to do with Kirbs missing more of them, not Tim.

midnightpulp
11-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Obviously i've seen people hate on Kobe before but nothing quite like i've seen coming from spurfan on this forum. Which led me to put 2 and 2 together :lol

Blame post-Pau Laker fan. No one hated Kobe on here or even talked about him that much until the post-08 invasion. And during the 3 peat, most Spurs fans hated Shaq.

baseline bum
11-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Why do Lakers fans refuse to admit that past his prime Kobe destroyed their team?

Dex
11-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Why do you think Kobe bashing has become like a favorite pastime for Spurfan?

Bynumite
11-30-2015, 04:14 PM
:lol You brought up playoffs head to head. The fact there were only 6 has everything to do with Kirbs missing more of them, not Tim.

How does Kobe missing the playoffs have anything to do with the playoff numbers we know he put up against the spurs? Again deflecting.

ElNono
11-30-2015, 04:19 PM
How does Kobe missing the playoffs have anything to do with the playoff numbers we know he put up against the spurs? Again deflecting.

That's what I'm saying, that's an incomplete picture, and the reason is, this nigga couldn't find another big man to coattail to get a full picture.

Nobody is taking away what he did when he was there, but it's far, far from being conclusive. As a matter of fact, you can just pin that on Phil Jackson and it works just as well.

That's why mid was talking about team accomplishments.

Kawhitstorm
11-30-2015, 04:27 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLXDZtuWcAAHLvh.jpg

TDfan2007
11-30-2015, 04:30 PM
I don't hate Kobe. I respect his competitive fire and incredible skill. He's the main reason why the Spurs are 2-3 rings short. The Spurs had absolutely no answer for him and never had the perimeter firepower to offset him. He's arguably a top 10 player in NBA history and has been a great ambassador for the game.

However, I dislike his chucking ways, attention-whore behavior, and poor leadership skills. His fans are also extremely annoying. Kobe is the 2nd best player of his generation. Since Jordan retired, only Timmy, Shaq, and LeBron have had better careers, but that's not enough for his fanboys. They feel the need to disparage Timmy, LeBron, and even Shaq (who was a Laker...) just to prop him up.

Bynumite
11-30-2015, 04:35 PM
That's what I'm saying, that's an incomplete picture, and the reason is, this nigga couldn't find another big man to coattail to get a full picture.

Nobody is taking away what he did when he was there, but it's far, far from being conclusive. As a matter of fact, you can just pin that on Phil Jackson and it works just as well.

That's why mid was talking about team accomplishments.

You can't really quantify a coach's job the same way you do with a player though. Players came and left the Lakers, Kobe was one of the most impactful constants everytime Lakers and Spurs met in the playoffs besides 2012. Which could explain the way some spurfans feel about him.

spurraider21
11-30-2015, 04:35 PM
kobe haters are just homophobic

ElNono
11-30-2015, 04:39 PM
You can't really quantify a coach's job the same way you do with a player though. Players came and left the Lakers, Kobe was one of the most impactful constants everytime Lakers and Spurs met in the playoffs besides 2012. Which could explain the way some spurfans feel about him.

Sure you can. As matter of fact, every time Phil left, the lakeshow looked like absolute dogshit. He was the constant. Kirbs was always there, sulking when Phil and a prime big weren't there to hold his hand.

Bynumite
11-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Sure you can. As matter of fact, every time Phil left, the lakeshow looked like absolute dogshit. He was the constant. Kirbs was always there, sulking when Phil and a prime big weren't there to hold his hand.

Sure, the coach draws the plays but it's the player who's gonna hit the clutch dagger, break the heart of opposing fans and be the target of hate.

TDfan2007
11-30-2015, 04:57 PM

Sasha Vujecic essentially played an injured Manu to a standstill in that 2008 series. That should tell you all you need to know about why the Spurs lost.

Even though Timmy badly outplayed Pau, the Spurs couldn't get over the hump of Kobe going nuclear against a declining Bowen and Ime Ud :lol ka. Tony was okay in that series, but he didn't do nearly enough to offset Kobe's production.

ElNono
11-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Sure, the coach draws the plays but it's the player who's gonna hit the clutch dagger, break the heart of opposing fans and be the target of hate.

You're talking Shaq and Pau... neither of which is really hated by Spursfan, tbh...

lefty
11-30-2015, 05:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLXDZtuWcAAHLvh.jpg
lol Kurt Rambis

lefty
11-30-2015, 05:21 PM
kobe haters are just homophobic

Killakobe81
11-30-2015, 05:34 PM
I don't hate Kobe. I respect his competitive fire and incredible skill. He's the main reason why the Spurs are 2-3 rings short. The Spurs had absolutely no answer for him and never had the perimeter firepower to offset him. He's arguably a top 10 player in NBA history and has been a great ambassador for the game.

However, I dislike his chucking ways, attention-whore behavior, and poor leadership skills. His fans are also extremely annoying. Kobe is the 2nd best player of his generation. Since Jordan retired, only Timmy, Shaq, and LeBron have had better careers, but that's not enough for his fanboys. They feel the need to disparage Timmy, LeBron, and even Shaq (who was a Laker...) just to prop him up.

Fair points and I hate that ...and I admit I overrated him some because I was defending him here who underrate him. I think the career argument between shaq and Kobe is pretty close. But Tim has surpassed both and probably Lebron as well.

I think a Duncan>Shaq>Kobe is just as fair as Duncan>Kobe>shaq to me that argument is closer than Kobe/Duncan. Duncan so far has finished his career better than both and though Shaq and Kobe had the better primes (imho) Duncan has maintained team and personal success much better and is really only rivaled by Kareem and Malone in that regard.
LeBron is special but needs at least one more to really solidify his greatness probably will never catch Jordan but I think three rings with two different franchises to go along with his all around brilliance probably leaps him definitively over Bird, Kobe, shaq and probably just below Magic/Duncan. Some would already place him there and I get that argument but for me he needs another ring.

jeebus
11-30-2015, 05:49 PM
Lakerfan so desperate to deflect on how shitty Kirby is this season and the fact he stole $48.5 million for 1 season of shooting 30% from the field and jacking up air balls with the game on the line.

Though, I will admit I hated seeing Shaq in the playoffs in the first couple years of the 00s.

But yeah, keep deflecting.

Koolaid_Man
11-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Duncan has maintained team and personal success much better and is really only rivaled by Kareem and Malone in that regard.

Hey nigga you must be hanging out with Steve Francis again :lol hittin that pipe

Troll on.....:lol

JohnnyMax
11-30-2015, 05:51 PM
Notice Spurstalk rarely makes threads about Lebron and those threads take a long time to have replies.

Its because their hate/obsession with Kobe brainwashes them not to criticize Lebron.

whitemamba
11-30-2015, 06:04 PM
1999: Kobe had the better supporting cast, Spurs won
2001: Kobe had a better supporting cast by a win margin, Lakers won
2002: Kobe had a better supporting cast, Lakers won
2003: Kobe had a better supporting cast, Spurs won
2004: Kobe had 3 HOFers while Tim had Hedo/Rasho, Lakers won
2005: Kobe missed the postseason, Tim won Finals MVP
2008: Manu was injured thus the Kobe had a better supporting cast by default, Lakers won
2013: Kobe had a supporting cast that was suppose to break the Bulls 72 win record but they barely made the playoffs

Whenever Kobe had a supporting cast that mirrored what Tim was surrounded by in the early 20000s, he either missed the postseason or got bounced in the 1st rd, nuff said! Blaming Tim for losing in the WCF is like blaming pre-Heatles Bron for not winning a title w/ the Cavs, they both overachieved meanwhile Kirby underachieved. :lol

that's the most deflections ive seen in one post in ST histoy.

Jzone
11-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Spur fan was traumatized by Kobe in his prime tbh. These motherfuckers can't stop making threads about the man.

whitemamba
11-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Sasha Vujecic essentially played an injured Manu to a standstill in that 2008 series. That should tell you all you need to know about why the Spurs lost.

Even though Timmy badly outplayed Pau, the Spurs couldn't get over the hump of Kobe going nuclear against a declining Bowen and Ime Ud :lol ka. Tony was okay in that series, but he didn't do nearly enough to offset Kobe's production.

good points., and I don't disagree wth you, but injuries are part of the game.. I don't play that card personally.

jeebus
11-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Notice Spurstalk rarely makes threads about Lebron and those threads take a long time to have replies.

Its because their hate/obsession with Kobe brainwashes them not to criticize Lebron.
LeTurnover is garbage. He's been riding coattails ever since he took his pathetic talents to Miami and let Wade and Allen get some rings for him. This is like asking why doesn't Spurtalk make threads about Andre Roberson or why they don't obsess over Alexis Ajinca?

DAF86
11-30-2015, 09:24 PM
So your point is that Iniesta is the Alpha and is the one who has destroyed Madrid

I knew that

No, my point is that you don't admit that Messi destroys Madrid.

Seventyniner
11-30-2015, 10:01 PM
that's the most deflections ive seen in one post in ST histoy.

You must be new here...

Thebesteva
11-30-2015, 10:01 PM

I dont think Kobe raped that girl but he def raped the Spurs in his prime

lefty
11-30-2015, 10:38 PM
No, my point is that you don't admit that Messi destroys Madrid.

I can't admit something that is not true

Unlike you

DAF86
11-30-2015, 10:39 PM
I can't admit something that is not true

Unlike you

All-time leader scorer and assister on El Clasico. What else does he need to do to "dominate" Madrid, son? Get applauded on Bernabeu? :lmao