PDA

View Full Version : Spurs were 1-8 vs top 8 teams in 2014 Jan. 20

dabom
11-30-2015, 05:12 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/manu-ginobili-is-concerned-about-spurs-1-8-record-vs-nbas-best/

The Spurs were 32-9.

I think the record of the Spurs is more indicative than their record vs decent to good teams. Just saying. :lol

Cry Havoc
11-30-2015, 05:23 PM
That goes without saying. Almost everyone overrates the regular season (particularly Lakers fans). That has never mattered to PATFO. A game is a game. Last season was the unfortunate consequence of that, but I wouldn't have traded the health of our players to avoid LAC.

This team is far and away the best defensive team in the game. We have a very real shot at holding teams under 90 points for the season, if we stay healthy and LMA continues to improve.

daslicer
11-30-2015, 05:25 PM
The league is pretty much filled with terrible teams. There are only 4 or 5 truly elite teams out there. Based off that info you can't take anything away from the Spurs record. If anything its a good sign the spurs are beating the bad teams because last year they gave away games to shit teams like the Knicks. If the Spurs beat the teams they should have beaten last year they would have won 60 games.

TrainOfThought5
11-30-2015, 05:26 PM
The only question for this season is whether Manu will hold up, abd whether Green will keep his shit together at the right moments for the playoffs.

Everything else should hold up fine.

dabom
11-30-2015, 05:37 PM
That goes without saying. Almost everyone overrates the regular season (particularly Lakers fans). That has never mattered to PATFO. A game is a game. Last season was the unfortunate consequence of that, but I wouldn't have traded the health of our players to avoid LAC.

This team is far and away the best defensive team in the game. We have a very real shot at holding teams under 90 points for the season, if we stay healthy and LMA continues to improve.

Totally agree.

SpursFan86
11-30-2015, 05:41 PM
As long as we're the 2nd (3rd at least) seed and healthy going into the playoffs, I couldn't give less of a shit about our record against "great" teams.

still.focused
11-30-2015, 06:06 PM

Wasnt a matter of health
If they foul Gasol in the Memphis game
Or they foul Kyrie in the Cleveland game
Or Nick Young in the LA game
All of which Spurs had 3pt leads & end up losing in OT
Or simply beat the Knicks who wanted to lose but simply werent allowed by our Spurs
Or New Orleans the last game of the season when it mattered
We woulda been better off
Losses on account of resting players for health didnt effect seeding as much as losing games we could & should have

dabom
11-30-2015, 06:08 PM
Wasnt a matter of health
If they foul Gasol in the Memphis game
Or they foul Kyrie in the Cleveland game
Or Nick Young in the LA game
All of which Spurs had 3pt leads & end up losing in OT
Or simply beat the Knicks who wanted to lose but simply werent allowed by our Spurs
Or New Orleans the last game of the season when it mattered
We woulda been better off
Losses on account of resting players for health didnt effect seeding as much as losing games we could & should have

tony kawhi manu tiago that is all

Dre_7
11-30-2015, 06:33 PM
That damn Knicks game!!

houston spurs fan
11-30-2015, 06:36 PM
^^^ Pistons too. Duncan literally gave that one away with that inbounds pass...

Lostwingman
11-30-2015, 07:00 PM
"Guys don't panic it's just one game."

I'll hyperventilate on my own time tyvm. :downspin: