PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green is a SCRUB

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:05 PM
WOW dude. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2015, 10:16 PM
He had a great defensive game, tbh..still forcing too many drives on offense, though, he passed up several semi-open 3s..

spurraider21
11-30-2015, 10:16 PM
mainstream takes from OP

Cry Havoc
11-30-2015, 10:19 PM

Even your own krew member is shitting on you for being so ignorant. That must be rough.

cjw
11-30-2015, 10:20 PM
He was solid putting ball on the floor tonight. No complaints.

The bench is what shat the bed tonight. Awful performance all around there.

Mr Bones
11-30-2015, 10:21 PM
The crew always needs someone to hate, and apparently the more players they hate, the better.

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:21 PM
He had a great defensive game, tbh..still forcing too many drives on offense, though, he passed up several semi-open 3s..

He had a shit defensive game. And his offense was worse. Worst player next to Dwest out there.

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:22 PM
Even your own krew member is shitting on you for being so ignorant. That must be rough.

Do you even add anything to this board? Fuck off faggot. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2015, 10:22 PM
He had a shit defensive game. And his offense was worse. Worst player next to Dwest out there.

He allowed 2 points on an Etwuan Moore floater IIRC:lol

Duncan, West, Mills, Ginobili and Diaw were easily worse than Green tonight, tbh..

spurraider21
11-30-2015, 10:23 PM
dont bother, OP is a mainstream fan that just looks at PPG and shit

apalisoc_9
11-30-2015, 10:23 PM
The lose is on Manu tonight. Trying to do too much on offense..Shitty fouls.

Shit happens.

Next game.

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:24 PM
He allowed 2 points IIRC:lol

Duncan, West, Mills, Ginobili and Diaw were easily worse than Green tonight, tbh..

He was responsible for WAY more. IIRC.

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:24 PM

Shit happens.

Next game.

Can manu not foul this game? :lol

Brazil
11-30-2015, 10:25 PM
For OP and also for the fun... Another Kawhi 18+ FGAs another loss.. That's 4 out of 4 :lol

HarlemHeat37
11-30-2015, 10:26 PM
He was responsible for WAY more. IIRC.

If you're counting recovering on switches for teammates like West, then sure, but that's not how you should evaluate the defense..

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:27 PM
For OP and also for the fun... Another Kawhi 18+ FGAs another loss.. That's 4 out of 4 :lol

Does that mean anything. Add some causation or just look like a dumbass tbh. Words without an argument is moronic. :lmao

LongtimeSpursFan
Kawhi, Mills and Green a combined 14/49 tonight.

timtonymanu
I didnt have much problem with Green tonight.

Duncan/Aldridge/Diaw/West getting destroyed by the Bulls frontcourt was pathetic though.

Mikeanaro
He is, why he has a starting spot? time to kick that clown.

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:28 PM
If you're counting recovering on switches for teammates like West, then sure, but that's not how you should evaluate the defense..

Team game. He is responsible for more than his guy.

spurraider21
11-30-2015, 10:28 PM
he just needs to stop pump faking and everything will be ok

green was playing quite well defensively... mcdermott was going off every time green was on the bench :lol

spurtech09
11-30-2015, 10:29 PM
Just a bad night that's all.....Its not like the spurs got blown out.....

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:30 PM
Pop said he is shit when his shot ain't falling and he ain't spacing the fucking floor. :lmao

Same thing tonight.

Chris
Can't wait to bump later in season tbh :tu

HarlemHeat37
Team game. He is responsible for more than his guy.

His rotations and help were great, too, and his switches on Gasol worked out well, all game:lol

I don't know how you're complaining about Green's defense in a game where his assignments rarely scored, when McDermott went off vs. the bench, the bigs couldn't defend Mirotic, and West/Diaw got torched by a horrible Joakim Noah..

Capt Bringdown
Green is a front-runner & not a player that's going to help a team fight through adversity. Extremely limited, in other words.

Mikeanaro
11-30-2015, 10:31 PM
Green is a front-runner & not a player that's going to help a team fight through adversity. Extremely limited, in other words.

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:31 PM
His rotations and help were great, too, and his switches on Gasol worked out well, all game:lol

I don't know how you're complaining about Green's defense in a game where his assignments rarely scored, when McDermott went off vs. the bench, the bigs couldn't defend Mirotic, and West/Diaw got torched by a horrible Joakim Noah..

This thread was made before he played decent defense in the fourth. We can watch the first 3 quarters together and find out his defense was shit. :lol

SuperCam
11-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Krew turning on another to protect their idol smh :depressed

UNT Eagles 2016
11-30-2015, 10:33 PM

Shit happens.

Next game.
If we wind up having to play both OKC and Warriors to get to the Finals, we lose and Duncan retires with a big fat egg on his face.

Mikeanaro
11-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Times change, between starters Enrique was our biggest worry and now DG is utter shit.

apalisoc_9
11-30-2015, 10:36 PM
Im not worried about Manu and TD..they're more likely to play smart than stupid. The bench was just poor tonight, plus Green..it happens.

dabom
11-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Pop had to play Manu. They were both playing like shit this game. It happens though. I know Manu always comes back strong and Green plays better at home.

Brazil
12-01-2015, 07:33 AM
Does that mean anything. Add some causation or just look like a dumbass tbh. Words without an argument is moronic. :lmao

http://www.wholesalefishingworms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Live-Fishing-Worms-as-Bait.jpg

Wildcat67
12-01-2015, 08:00 AM

This, I remember one time Tim got doubled in the paint and I saw Danny in the corner wide open. Obviously Timmy makes the right pass to him, I'm thinking to myself "oh yeah he'll make this he'll be wide open" as the ball is in flight to him. He proceeds to pump fake with the defender about 7-8 feet away and try to drive which lead to an awkward floater.

Agloco
12-01-2015, 10:45 AM

As you begin the thread with:

Russ
12-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Green set an NBA three-point shooting record in the Finals.

I would say OP is a prisoner of the moment but that's being too generous.

More like prisoner of the millisecond.

Blizzardwizard
12-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Why is it that the Krew members are always the one's creating the simple minded one liner threads that have absolutely jack shit purpose?

ChumpDumper
12-01-2015, 11:22 AM
dabom with the worst mainstream take of the season.

Mr Bones
12-01-2015, 12:52 PM
One interesting sign from this game: this is the first loss of the season where the krew didn't blame Parker for the loss.

BackHome
12-01-2015, 01:56 PM
On the bright side his dribble was not as bad as it usually is. I am pretty sure he was under orders to work in that and his mid range also.

tholdren
12-01-2015, 07:15 PM

More like prisoner of the millisecond.

heres to livin in the past

spursistan
12-09-2015, 09:54 PM
man..this sad to watch..Time for Pop to stop this dribbling bullshit and see what's left in his game..

dabom
12-09-2015, 09:55 PM
man..this sad to watch..Time for Pop to stop this dribbling bullshit and see what's left in his game..

That and manus 9 sec on the shot clock 3 down 3. WTF is up with that shit? :lol

DeRozan m8
12-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Thats it, im fucking over it

He's been cold for too long, we have no fucking SG.

We start every game with 4 players.

This shit is not going to cut it against good sides, its fucking fucked

Fuck

Chris
12-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Any theories as to why he's regressed so fast?

ElNono
12-25-2015, 10:38 PM
I thought he defended Harden great... Not the reason we lost

Mikeanaro
12-25-2015, 10:41 PM
Any theories as to why he's regressed so fast?
Lost interest in the game, making millions and thinking about other things.

dabom
12-25-2015, 10:42 PM

Lazy passes. Key turnovers. Big reason we lost tbh.

Chris
12-25-2015, 10:42 PM
Lost interest in the game, making millions and thinking about other things.

I agree, he seems hesitant and disinterested imo

ElNono
12-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Lazy passes. Key turnovers. Big reason we lost tbh.

He hit a 3 too IIRC... Sure he can't handle the rock in crunchtime, but it was more than Danny being shitty out there tonight

loveforthegame
12-25-2015, 10:48 PM
We need Green for his defense. His dumb turnovers, trashy drives, and brain fart's earns him a spot on the bench. That's a big deal.

dabom
He hit a 3 too IIRC... Sure he can't handle the rock in crunchtime, but it was more than Danny being shitty out there tonight

We never lose because of one guy, but you can't say he wasn't a top 3 reason.

dabom
We need Green for his defense. His dumb turnovers, trashy drives, and brain fart's earns him a spot on the bench. That's a big deal.

I almost forgot about the 4 on 1 drive and danny fucked that up. :lol

ElNono
12-25-2015, 10:50 PM
We never lose because of one guy, but you can't say he wasn't a top 3 reason.

I put turnovers, soft on rebounding and passivity in general. That's my top 3. Kawhi was the only guy to carry us for stretches

timtonymanu
12-25-2015, 10:51 PM

:tu. Team effort in the loss tonight. Kawhi was really the only bright spot.

still.focused
12-25-2015, 10:54 PM

But Danny is shitting the bed on offense consistently
I have yet to see Danby Green make an aggressive deliberate or confident move with the ball this season
And I'm not even talking about his shooting
He stops behind picks n flicks little bail out hail Mary passes
His runners are really prayers that he only shoots to make defenders getaway from him
His gafs on offense are at this point eclipsing his defense
He played harden well but sucked so bad Pop had to bench him
Simmons will start very soon.
Sumn has to happen to shake him up

ElNono
12-25-2015, 10:59 PM
But Danny is shitting the bed on offense consistently
I have yet to see Danby Green make an aggressive deliberate or confident move with the ball this season
And I'm not even talking about his shooting
He stops behind picks n flicks little bail out hail Mary passes
His runners are really prayers that he only shoots to make defenders getaway from him
His gafs on offense are at this point eclipsing his defense
He played harden well but sucked so bad Pop had to bench him
Simmons will start very soon.
Sumn has to happen to shake him up

Putting the ball on the floor is just not his thing. But the whole idea is that we have 4 starters that can create their own shot anyways (Tony's shitty game today notwhistanding) and Danny provides the spacing. So it's ok if he just camps out at the 3 point line and defends.

So I think it's not a worry long term. Pop will just tell him to stop trying to make plays. It's ok for Pop to look right now and see what Danny has. This is the time to do it. Eventually it will be called off if it keeps being this way.

Mikeanaro
12-25-2015, 11:18 PM
He is just a scrub, time to put another starter.

still.focused
12-25-2015, 11:35 PM
Putting the ball on the floor is just not his thing. But the whole idea is that we have 4 starters that can create their own shot anyways (Tony's shitty game today notwhistanding) and Danny provides the spacing. So it's ok if he just camps out at the 3 point line and defends.

So I think it's not a worry long term. Pop will just tell him to stop trying to make plays. It's ok for Pop to look right now and see what Danny has. This is the time to do it. Eventually it will be called off if it keeps being this way.
But he's not making the correct basketball plays
Which leads me to believe that he's lacking in the "balls" dept more than the skill dept
He gives up the ball as quick & as fast as he can in a panic
Those are rarely the correct pass & almost never thrown with any emphasis
If he's not hitting his shots and cant do anything that involves dribbling he's a lame duck
His defense is not enough to be completely impotent on offense
At least the Tony Allen's of the world move with some kinda intention

ElNono
12-25-2015, 11:39 PM
Which leads me to believe that he's lacking in the "balls" dept more than the skill dept
If he's not hitting his shots and cant do anything that involves dribbling he's a lame duck

People close out on him consistently. The Spurs have used that to great effect for years.

The Spurs starting unit will certainly take the added spacing, there's 4 other guys out there that can make plays.

Mikeanaro
12-26-2015, 12:00 AM
DG is a big liability he is becoming the new Dick Jefferson, it seems after winning one ring there is no reason to play anymore and the other teams are taking notes for the playoffs, shut him down and you have half the battle on your pocket.
The panic is too obvious and his passing skills are sad.

still.focused
12-26-2015, 03:03 AM
People close out on him consistently. The Spurs have used that to great effect for years.

The Spurs starting unit will certainly take the added spacing, there's 4 other guys out there that can make plays.

1 last time, pay attention
Its not that he's not making plays
Its that he's making the wrong plays over & over with increasing frequency
Running him off the line turns him into a Mongolian clusterfuck
Teams do it more & more and he's incapable of doing ANYTHING once that happens
Its either a bad forced shot n a yell for the ref
Or a 20 foot lob pass the rest of the team has to scrap for
I don't care if he's slashing thru the lane scoring or finding teammates we don't need him for that
I do care that everytime he touches it I have to pray he doesn't go full Javale McGee
He is literally scared shitless to do anything but shoot wide open 3s (that he's not making but that's not even my point)
His panic is monsterous making passing him the ball not only fruitless but almost pointless
Now his fuckups on offense are outweighing his defense n he's not even on the floor

Yuixafun
12-26-2015, 04:09 AM
Reminds me of when Pop tried to make Gary Neal a playmaker pg instead of long range marksman.

ceperez
12-26-2015, 06:52 AM

Yup, I agree. My expectations of Danny in generating and creating his own offense is next to zero.

I just get concerned when he gets replaced by 38 year old Manu. The execution becomes better, but at the expense of a player playing hero ball.

ElNono
12-26-2015, 09:02 AM
1 last time, pay attention
Its not that he's not making plays
Its that he's making the wrong plays over & over with increasing frequency
Running him off the line turns him into a Mongolian clusterfuck
Teams do it more & more and he's incapable of doing ANYTHING once that happens
Its either a bad forced shot n a yell for the ref
Or a 20 foot lob pass the rest of the team has to scrap for
I don't care if he's slashing thru the lane scoring or finding teammates we don't need him for that
I do care that everytime he touches it I have to pray he doesn't go full Javale McGee
He is literally scared shitless to do anything but shoot wide open 3s (that he's not making but that's not even my point)
His panic is monsterous making passing him the ball not only fruitless but almost pointless
Now his fuckups on offense are outweighing his defense n he's not even on the floor

I was replying to your contention that:

"If he's not hitting his shots and cant do anything that involves dribbling he's a lame duck
His defense is not enough to be completely impotent on offense"

Yes it is. You don't have to like or agree with my answer.

Other than that, I would agree that it's time for Pop to end the Danny the playmaker experiment.

He should play strictly his 3 and D role, which is clearly championship caliber.

ElNono
12-26-2015, 09:10 AM
Yup, I agree. My expectations of Danny in generating and creating his own offense is next to zero.

I just get concerned when he gets replaced by 38 year old Manu. The execution becomes better, but at the expense of a player playing hero ball.

Team has been relying too much on that 38 year old and the bench to bail out the starters. It's great to have a potent bench, but it won't be there all the time. The SL is younger and too talented to lay that kind of eggs.

It wasn't unexpected though, the SL is clearly undergoing the biggest transition role wise.

ceperez
12-26-2015, 10:39 AM
I was replying to your contention that:

"If he's not hitting his shots and cant do anything that involves dribbling he's a lame duck
His defense is not enough to be completely impotent on offense"

Yes it is. You don't have to like or agree with my answer.

Other than that, I would agree that it's time for Pop to end the Danny the playmaker experiment.

He should play strictly his 3 and D role, which is clearly championship caliber.

I for one want Green on the court despite him sucking offensively. His mere ability to spread the floor is enough of a contribution even if he never touches the ball!

Pop should put an end now on trying to extend the life of the big 3. Let the young guns swim and drown if necessary.

tholdren
12-26-2015, 10:52 AM

More like prisoner of the millisecond.]

And you are a prisoner of living in the past. People who are stuck on the Danny Green Finals thing is exactly the same as the people stuck on the Jimmer thing (what he did in college) and both of those "pieces of evidence" have nothing to do with what the player brings "right now." And Right now, danny green is garbage.

Raven
12-26-2015, 10:55 AM
he was really good yesterday. Destroyed Harden fairly without even putting much of an effort. If he is not playing enough minutes, he won't be productive on offense. It would also help if people would move when he has the ball in his hands as you don't want him to be dribbling.

G-Dawgg
12-26-2015, 11:48 AM
Teams have learned that if you run him off the line, then he becomes a D-League level player.. -or worse....

AFBlue
12-26-2015, 11:56 AM
He's lost all confidence in his game on the offensive end and is trying to do too much. He needs to get back to basics...find the open space, get the ball, take the shot without hesitation. Don't put the ball on the floor. Make the easy pass. Keep it simple.

Mikeanaro
12-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Reminds me of when Pop tried to make Gary Neal a playmaker pg instead of long range marksman.
Yes but at least Gary tried, some guys have a low ceiling like Bon Gary and Danny and for others (Kiwi, Manu) sky is the limit.

spurraider21
01-15-2016, 06:01 PM
mainstream takes from OP

Hoops Czar
01-15-2016, 06:24 PM
Pop said he is shit when his shot ain't falling and he ain't spacing the fucking floor. :lmao

Same thing tonight.

Do you have a link to this quote by any chance?

dabom
01-15-2016, 06:26 PM
Do you have a link to this quote by any chance?

Not on hand no. I don't wanna dig.

spurraider21
01-15-2016, 06:34 PM
time for OP to start a few deflection threads per the usual

dabom
01-15-2016, 06:35 PM
time for OP to start a few deflection threads per the usual

Where was I wrong faggot? Keep deflecting per par. You don't have shit to say though. :lmao

tholdren
01-15-2016, 09:00 PM

Gay per usual