PDA

View Full Version : Will Rasho Ride The Bench All Year?

dbreiden83080
09-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm just asking because they owe this guy so much money, something like 32 mil over the next 4 years it is crazy money. I know we don't know enough yet about Oberto to gauge his playing time, but i really feel like Rahso is going to be sitting behind Nazr and Oberto and only out there only in garbage time this year. What a country where you can make that much money and contribute so little.

ChumpDumper
09-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah, this was necessary.

Big Pimp_21
09-19-2005, 01:54 PM
I think Rasho will get more time than Oberto. If I had to guess, I say Rasho comes off the bench 1st behind Nazr, and Oberto comes in as the #3 Center and shares time with Horry behind TD. Remember, Horry usually only shows up big in the playoffs

coopdogg3
09-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Can Oberto play PF in the NBA? I got the impression he was strictly a Center. It would be helpful if he fit the 4 spot in the NBA.

coopdogg3

nkdlunch
09-19-2005, 02:04 PM
no he won't! he'll only ride it from November - July

SLOVENIAN 8
09-19-2005, 02:18 PM
If he wont be a starting Center or not playing at last 20min a game then is better that they trade him, becouse he deserve to play not be on bench........

ChumpDumper
09-19-2005, 02:23 PM
If he doesn't win his starting job back, he'll still play quite a few minutes early in the season after Spurs "sources" declare how awseome and well-conditioned he was in camp.

Then he'll be traded to some team that lost their center for the season or the like.

Taking it to the Hole
09-19-2005, 02:33 PM
I just hope Rasho starts earning his money somewhere. This guy has to be the most overpaid bench warmer in the history of this team. Of course, he will probably start playing better once he leaves here. That would be just the Spurs luck.:bang

ploto
09-19-2005, 02:55 PM
If he doesn't win his starting job back, he'll still play quite a few minutes early in the season after Spurs "sources" declare how awseome and well-conditioned he was in camp.

Actually Rasho is very well-conditioned. Two months with the Slovenian national team will do that. He will come into camp in better basketball shape and rhythm than just about anyone.

ChumpDumper
09-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Sure, but it doesn't really matter either way -- the pimping process remains unchanged.

samikeyp
09-19-2005, 02:58 PM
If that is what it takes to win ball games, yes. If not, no.

ObiwanGinobili
09-19-2005, 03:00 PM
only 2 weeks till training camp right??

JamStone
09-19-2005, 03:09 PM
I just hope Rasho starts earning his money somewhere. This guy has to be the most overpaid bench warmer in the history of this team. Of course, he will probably start playing better once he leaves here. That would be just the Spurs luck.:bang

Right, because everyone knows how much "bad luck" the Spurs have had in recent years.

Cant_Be_Faded
09-19-2005, 03:48 PM
If he has been doing conditioning, strength, and basic skill practicing over this summer, and starts to compete with an edge, he will be our starting center again.

If he stays soft, he's on his way out.

Obstructed_View
09-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Rasho is IMO going to be the best defender of the three guys that will get time at center, and the rest of the roster should be sufficiently able to score that it will not require big offensive production from the starting center. I also think a little competition for the job is just what he needs. If he's here, he'll contribute. If the Spurs are committed to moving him, they'll probably do something similar to what CD said and give him minutes to pump up his trade value. I wouldn't expect they move him at all, but I certainly wouldn't expect anything until closer to the trade deadline when potential playoff teams are going to be more desperate to take on his salary.

Solid D
09-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Can Oberto play PF in the NBA? I got the impression he was strictly a Center. It would be helpful if he fit the 4 spot in the NBA.

coopdogg3

He can play both pivot positions for the Spurs. No problem whatsoever.

Sense
09-19-2005, 05:29 PM
I don't think anyone would mind if Rasho left.... I don't see him starting anymore.

angel_luv
09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
I don't think anyone would mind if Rasho left.... I don't see him starting anymore.

Hi! Remember me? :lol :elephant

Chris
09-19-2005, 05:46 PM
I think Rasho will start this year. If Naz happens to start Rasho will see 10 mpg.

duncan_21
09-19-2005, 06:13 PM
No he'll get some minutes off my bench in nba 2k6.

gospursgojas
09-19-2005, 06:29 PM
unless there is an injury, or they can trade him then I would say yes

P.S
NDKlunch your sig is the shit

Chris
09-19-2005, 07:12 PM
P.S

I like "We Run Tings" better.

nkdlunch
09-19-2005, 10:08 PM
P.S

I like "We Run Tings" better.

thanks. I'll fix the "run tings" one later and put it up when it's most needed :)

TDMVPDPOY
09-20-2005, 12:20 AM
raso will get alot of minutes on live06

caŽlo
09-20-2005, 02:32 AM
rasho is a mad shot blocker in 05 :)

TDMVPDPOY
09-20-2005, 03:49 AM
Rasho is goin to have his own team imo, austin toros hahahhaa

Slomo
09-20-2005, 03:54 AM
Assignment Rules:

# An NBA team may assign any player on its Active List or Inactive List to play in the D-League, provided that the player has zero or one Years of Service at the time of Assignment.
# No players may be given more than three Assignments during any season. There is no minimum or maximum length of a D-League assignment.
# During the 2005-06 season, no NBA team may have more than two players on assignment at the same time.
# A player on Assignment will be carried on the Inactive List of his NBA Team.

TDMVPDPOY
09-20-2005, 04:02 AM
me bad, wnba then :D

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 05:42 AM
me bad, wnba then :D

You are right. He should really buy a WNBA team. Spurs will give him enough $$$$. Becouse Spurs wont use him as a player, he will have enough time to be a GM and owner of San Antonio Silver Stars.

bigzak25
09-20-2005, 06:32 AM
i have not read the whole thread, so apologies if i'm repetative...

rasho will NOT ride the bench for a couple of reasons...

1st of all, i expect him to play better this season and he will definitely be needed vs big slow centers and be an asset. :tu

2ndly, IF Pop has any inclination to trade him, Rasho's value is an issue. And him riding the pine and being a noncontributor will NOT make any team in the league want to obtain him. If his contract was expiring, it would be a non issue...that sells itself...but we all know that isn't the case. Rasho will play. I expect him to play WELL. :tu

TDMVPDPOY
09-20-2005, 06:57 AM
Is this the same rasho that plays on the spurs team?? cose the rasho on the spurs team is soft compared to the one in the euro comp :(, i hope this season rasho plays with more fierceness and the way his played in the euro comp carries into this season.

bigzak25
09-20-2005, 07:07 AM
i don't care if they have to coke him up pregame...he does need to come to play and learn to be agressive...no more layup shit 1 ft from the rim...i hope he's working on his lateral quickness as well...i know he'll never be bruce bowen, but i know he has roomfor improvement...just do it Rash. :tu

TDMVPDPOY
09-20-2005, 07:24 AM
I think everyone in the SBC center better wear green jerseys so rasho thinks his playin euro champ tourny again, who knows he mite fall for it and bust every nutt on the court.

batman2883
09-20-2005, 07:55 AM
Rasho will play....when the spurs are ahead by 30 or more points with 3 minutes remaining in the 4th

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 08:13 AM
We should should just kill Batman to show the world Slo mafia mean business!!!

SlovenianGuy
09-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Rasho needed all preparation games and the first game of EC to move from the left wing (where he plays in Spurs' system) to the center.

If Pop moves him again to the same position he played last year, Rasho will probably struggle again.

batman2883
09-20-2005, 08:21 AM
ha ha ha ha people making excuses on why Rasho sucks so bad....look he sucks because he's not an agressive player, when your that big, you need to be aggressive grab boards, stop fast breaks, dont let people that are 2 feet smaller than you dunk on you god damn it. Rasho rims out in the damn paint....how the hell do you rim out when your wide open in the paint???? Rasho will be the biggest paid cheerleader in the NBA....

SLOVENIAN 8
09-20-2005, 08:29 AM
ha ha ha ha people making excuses on why Rasho sucks so bad....look he sucks because he's not an agressive player, when your that big, you need to be aggressive grab boards, stop fast breaks, dont let people that are 2 feet smaller than you dunk on you god damn it. Rasho rims out in the damn paint....how the hell do you rim out when your wide open in the paint???? Rasho will be the biggest paid cheerleader in the NBA....

Did you watch EURO 2005 first 3 games of Slovenia?? Rasho was playing really agresive, much more agresive than in SA, 1000xmore agressive. Watch 2nd and 3rd game you will see. And why in Minnesotta he was agressive ?'->becouse of different system of a game tna in SA, in SA his role is yust making te room for other players so stfu......

SlovenianGuy
09-20-2005, 08:32 AM
when your that big, you need to be aggressive grab boards, stop fast breaks, dont let people that are 2 feet smaller than you dunk on you god damn it. Rasho rims out in the damn paint....

Most "fans" have never complained about his defence. And I really don't understand what's wrong with his D. He could be more aggresive when it comes to rebounding, but otherwise he played (very?) good D. Offence was his main problem last year, not defence.

batman2883
09-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Offense is a major problem, oh and if your going to try and compare to Euro basketball im sorry but its not the same. Nba is much much more talented, otherwise Euro basketball would be more watched. Wasnt it Rasho who got posterized by Carmelo Anthony this season??? Come on how aggressive was his D on that play? But your right my main problem with Rasho is his lame efforts on the offensive glass and shots. I definitly dont have a problem with Beno im a fan of Beno's cause he actually hustles and plays hard, and will develop into a great point....but Rasho just plain out sucks. Hopefully one day he will wake up and realize he's a damn 7 foot center and he should be playing aggressive.

TDMVPDPOY
09-20-2005, 08:52 AM
No one in the NBA is goin to take rasho seriously imo, unless ur name is yao ming :D:D wouldnt want another broken arm now

xcoriate
09-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Did you watch EURO 2005 first 3 games of Slovenia?? Rasho was playing really agresive, much more agresive than in SA, 1000xmore agressive. Watch 2nd and 3rd game you will see. And why in Minnesotta he was agressive ?'->becouse of different system of a game tna in SA, in SA his role is yust making te room for other players so stfu......

Rasho has been arguably outplayed by Brezec. Nuff said.

Rasho needed all preparation games and the first game of EC to move from the left wing (where he plays in Spurs' system) to the center.

If Pop moves him again to the same position he played last year, Rasho will probably struggle again.

Never going to happen. TD is the one that posts up in the middle of the paint. As much as I'd love to see Rasho get back on track I won't do it and neither will pop at the expense on TD.

batman2883
09-20-2005, 08:59 AM
Yao sucks too though he's fucking taller than Rasho he should be posting like 30 points a game. Yao and Rasho are the biggest tall losers in the NBA...

xcoriate
09-20-2005, 09:00 AM
your not really funny

batman2883
09-20-2005, 09:12 AM
I'm not trying to be funny and it upsets you then too bad suck it up he sucks

SLOVENIAN 8
09-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Rasho has been arguably outplayed by Brezec. Nuff said.

Only in first game..

pjjrfan
09-20-2005, 10:33 AM
I think Pop will give him every chance to win back his starting position, but the writing is on the wall, Rasho has to bring more aggressive play on both ends of the floor. If he doesn't he won't regain his starting spot and if Oberto is productive, which is a big if, then he will dissappear to the back of the bench. And as for the money, Pop let Rose sit for almost a year and a half with about the same salary, so the money isn't going to sway Pop, productivity on the floor will.

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 10:39 AM
I hope not, i hope he gets traded. Then i wouldnt have to deal with these sloppy slovenian bandwagoners. Not having to read the garbage they spew on this board would be a nice change of pace.

fonzy16
09-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Only in first game..

And only if you look at offense. Defense of slovenian team is much better with Rasho.

SLOVENIAN 8
09-20-2005, 10:46 AM
I hope not, i hope he gets traded. Then i wouldnt have to deal with these sloppy slovenian bandwagoners. Not having to read the garbage they spew on this board would be a nice change of pace.
You think that USA is whole world :lol :lol What a dumbass....

And your avatar is perfect for you

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Yeah im ur typical American ass hole, And im not sorry about it. Im just sad because i know the slovenians run the world in reality. It hurts me to be second to your perfect country. Sad Sad i am to be an american. COUGH***SARCASM***Cough. Honesltly i dont have a problem with other countries, i just have a problem with tools that dont understand the big picture and where there team and players actually stand in the nba.

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Look at things objectively sure rasho is good in europe and sure hes mildly effective here, but there are a hell of a lot of other players that can do what rasho does for the money he gets. Look im happy for u guys, but im just trying to think about my team the same way ur trying to look out for yours.

cheguevara
09-20-2005, 11:31 AM

this coming from a poster w/measly 27 posts :rolleyes

batman2883
09-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Rasho will ride the bench and the only difference between Rasho and Malik was that Malik actually played his damn heart out every game and hustled. Malik was an aggresive player not much can be said the same about Rasho. He looks like he's lost when he has the ball in his hands and im sorry but as i said earlier EURO basketball is crap compared to the NBA

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Wow talking like u know me, or how long i have had a computer with internet access, then questioning my loyalty. Ouch im hurt. Look buddy think what u want not gonna stop me from coming in here and giving my opinion. If ur so self concious that peoples opinions hurt you that bad dont come on here. Oh yeah, i dont like u and u apperently dont like mem, thats fine. But im here to stay so either we can decide to coexist or we can be dicks to each other. I have already stated how i really felt on this subject a few posts after this one, so either read them or stop posting old shit. I have said what i had to say to you now im done with you little fella. have a nice day.

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Oh Yeah and tell me most of these slovenian fans would give a shit about the spurs if rasho and beno didnt play for them. They have basically proved that point by caring more about national play than NBA ball.

TDMVPDPOY
this coming from a poster w/measly 27 posts :rolleyes

These slovenians are not trolls or bandwagoners, they support their national bball team, and the guyz that rep their country. I dont believe that they are hopin onto the spurs wagon, they support their players beno n rasho or watever slovenian player is playin professionally around the world, and the spurs apparently have 2 of them on the roster. Maybe they are not die-hard spurs fans, but they can die-hard players fans.

batman2883
I wish Rasho had just a little bit of Maliks heart and aggresiveness in the game...then maybe just maybe he might have a chance to be 2nd string but i have a feeling Oberto has just taken the 2nd place behind Nazr..

BigDaddyMatty
09-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Will Rasho Ride The Bench All Year?

YES, please.

cheguevara
09-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh Yeah and tell me most of these slovenian fans would give a shit about the spurs if rasho and beno didnt play for them. They have basically proved that point by caring more about national play than NBA ball.

why the fuck u worried about that? I ain't Slovenian, but I know they been here for a lot longer than u and me and contributed here.

How the fuck do we know ur not some bandwagon fan?

batman2883
09-20-2005, 11:49 AM
For Rasho's sake i hope he really does develop patella tendonitis, cause from the looks of things he will be riding the chairs behind the bench

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Unless u know me personally u dont, So not much i can do about that. Im not here to fuck with people i just care about my team. just like they care about theirs. And i never said u were slovenian with a name like cheguevara i assumed u were not. look man all i can do is come on here and talk with u guys and earn your respect and thats what i plan on doing. maybe someday i will meet one of u and u will find out the kind of spurs fan i really am. until then ill do my best to contrubute to these forums.

cheguevara
09-20-2005, 11:54 AM
okok now that's a better post ^ :tu

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Yeah you really contribute to this forum A LOT! :rolleyes

batman2883
09-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Man damn Slo's dont know how to take constructive criticism when it comes to Rasho.....

j/k

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Oh common Bat, you know what I mean.

batman2883
09-20-2005, 12:01 PM
Yeah i know what you mean i was only kidding about that comment anyways

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 12:02 PM
im new here how many posts am i supposed to have? I didnt know that the only way to be a great spurs fan was to post 400 times a day. Now that i do ill get right on that. As far as making waves ill try to be more courteous when i post my opinions.

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 12:03 PM
im new here how many posts am i supposed to have? I didnt know that the only way to be a great spurs fan was to post 400 times a day. Now that i do ill get right on that. As far as making waves ill try to be more courteous when i post my opinions.

You don't need to post 400 post per day, just act as an adult and you will be fine.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-20-2005, 12:07 PM
So much depends on Oberto. If he pans out then the Spurs will probably start shopping around Nazr and Rasho and trading off the one they can get the most for come the trade deadline.

batman2883
09-20-2005, 12:09 PM
but people need to realize that Oberto isnt the future, he's already 30, Scola is the future and i can't wait till he shows up

TDMVPDPOY
09-20-2005, 12:15 PM
^^batman deserves a beatin mate

batman2883
09-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Why do i deserve a beating??? mate?

boutons
09-20-2005, 12:41 PM
If Farbricio works out, Rasho stays, Luis comes, Nazr walks for a too-big-for-Spurs contract. And Robert might even stick around for 06/07.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-20-2005, 12:43 PM
but people need to realize that Oberto isnt the future, he's already 30, Scola is the future and i can't wait till he shows up

How old is Scola? I thought he was pushing thirty too? Regardless, I'm not saying the Oberto is the future. I'm saying that he works way cheaper than Nazr or Rasho. The Spurs want to unload Rasho's contract for cap reasons, and the likely scenario is that Nazr is going to be wayyyyy out of the Spurs price range come the end of the year. Oberto's not the big man of the future for them but he could be the guy to stand in for a few seasons until Mahinmi is ready for the NBA.

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 12:45 PM
Scola is 24 y/o

batman2883
09-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Scola is a youngin, and Rasho will be gone by the end of the season or by the end of the preseason next year, my bet is that Nazr stays with a championship contender, Rasho is too expensive to be riding the Bench in SA.

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Scola is a youngin, and Rasho will be gone by the end of the season or by the end of the preseason next year, my bet is that Nazr stays with a championship contender, Rasho is too expensive to be riding the Bench in SA.

By the end of the season you will wear Rasho's jersey.

biggerspursfanthanu
09-20-2005, 01:13 PM
I dont think im giving up my Duncan jersey anytime soon.

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 01:16 PM
I dont think im giving up my Duncan jersey anytime soon.

You don't need to give it up. You can wear it UNDER Rashos jersey! :spin

j/k

batman2883
09-20-2005, 01:17 PM
By the end of the season you will wear Rasho's jersey.
ha ha ha ha ha that is funny you couldn't pay me to wear that junk...

batman2883
09-20-2005, 01:18 PM
I only wear one jersey right now and its both the home and away one for Manu Ginobili the man, the myth, the legend

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 01:19 PM
ha ha ha ha ha that is funny you couldn't pay me to wear that junk...

Wanna bet 50 cents?

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 01:20 PM
I only wear one jersey right now and its both the home and away one for Manu Ginobili the man, the myth, the legend

How you can do that?

batman2883
09-20-2005, 01:27 PM
well i mean like one persons jersey there thats what i meant...damn it, and sorry but Rasho can break both legs and i wouldn't care cause he's not getting playing time unless we are in a blow out victory

Slo spurs fan
09-20-2005, 01:33 PM
well i mean like one persons jersey there thats what i meant

Yeah I knew that, it was a joke.

batman2883
09-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Man preseason needs to start already im getting overly anxious

bigzak25
09-20-2005, 11:53 PM
i sense shaq and the heat looming in the Finals, so IF Rasho is sent packing, the FO BETTER have another BIG (not a roster full of TD and power forwards) to at least make Shaq work a little...

and if VanGundy gives Riley any excuse at all, Riley is going to take over the coaching duties of that team...it's just a matter of time...if the Heat don't win it all this year, I expect Riley on the sidelines next. :tu

remingtonbo2001
09-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Offense is a major problem, oh and if your going to try and compare to Euro basketball im sorry but its not the same. Nba is much much more talented, otherwise Euro basketball would be more watched. Wasnt it Rasho who got posterized by Carmelo Anthony this season??? Come on how aggressive was his D on that play?

Hmmm....Didn't Carmelo get posterized in the Olympics, along with the rest of the U.S. team? Watch the Euro Tournament. Rasho seemed to play with more intensity in general. It is more of an attitude adjustment. I wasn't sure if he would get many minutes before, but after watching his play during the Euro Tournament, he may very well start. It's as if Rasho has finally come out of "the slump". About damn time. This is the player I saw in Minnasota.

angel_luv
09-21-2005, 07:04 AM

I just have to ask, did Mouse get a new name?

batman2883
09-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Hmmm....Didn't Carmelo get posterized in the Olympics, along with the rest of the U.S. team? Watch the Euro Tournament. Rasho seemed to play with more intensity in general. It is more of an attitude adjustment. I wasn't sure if he would get many minutes before, but after watching his play during the Euro Tournament, he may very well start. It's as if Rasho has finally come out of "the slump". About damn time. This is the player I saw in Minnasota.

Uh no dont think just cause Rasho is playing well in the Euro Tourney that he will get a start spot. We all witnessed last year that he sucks beyond belief in the NBA. He is what playing good against the Euro teams big whoop, as I stated before Euro basketball does not have the same talent the NBA has. Rasho will not start, and he will not earn his spot as back up either if Oberto comes in and hustles like he always has. So prepare yourself to only See Rasho in games when we are up by like 30 with 2 minutes left in the 4th, because otherwise he will be suffering from Patella Tendonitis

Solid D
09-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Batman, you are becoming like a dripping faucet to me on this Rasho bashing. He's a decent post player who makes the least mistakes rotationally on help defense of any of the Spurs bigs, including Tim. He is one of the best the Spurs have at sealing off the lane for penetrators like Parker and Manu. He's really very subtle about it, very skilled and savvy to be sure.

He is overpaid for what he can do for the Spurs as a role player, but if (perish the thought) Timmy or Robert or Nazr were to go down with an ankle sprain, you will soon realize the Spurs would be dead meat without someone to rebound and set screens for the scorers and play D on opposing post players.

He doesn't play aggressively enough for me and I wish he would just dunk the ball with authority like Nazr, Tim, Robert and Fabri do, but he is really skilled albeit under-appreciated by the people who watch the ball only during games.

nkdlunch
09-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Batman, you are becoming like a dripping faucet to me on this Rasho bashing.

thank you! :tu

angel_luv
09-21-2005, 09:03 AM
Thank you Solid.

You made my arguement but much more eloquently than I knew how to put it.

batman2883
09-21-2005, 09:18 AM
He agreed with me on the other thread though angel, im just asking Rasho to be more aggressive thats all....if he were aggressive then no complaints would come from me. As far as i see, i really cant see Rasho playing an significant amount of minutes in the coming season, if he does ill eat my words and publicly apologize for my constant Rasho bashings here in this forum.

ORION
09-21-2005, 09:28 AM
bashing is an understatment. more like putting his man berries in a vice on a daily basis

batman2883
09-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Orion dont act like you like Rasho you are one of the biggest Rasho haters i know

Master Shake
09-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I have to agree Rasho really sucks ass

ORION
09-21-2005, 09:43 AM
leave it to shake to tell it like it is. true, I'm not a fan but I have always said he can play defense and knows how to use his body. kind of like you on the court but the opposite.

Solid D
09-21-2005, 09:43 AM
He agreed with me on the other thread though angel, im just asking Rasho to be more aggressive thats all....if he were aggressive then no complaints would come from me. As far as i see, i really cant see Rasho playing an significant amount of minutes in the coming season, if he does ill eat my words and publicly apologize for my constant Rasho bashings here in this forum.

Yes, I have always been bothered by Rasho's lack of aggressiveness and his lack of dunkmanship. Those are his weaknesses.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=506911#post506911

batman2883
09-21-2005, 09:46 AM
Thats it thats my only argument on why i hate Rasho 2 seasons with the spurs and he still hasnt shown any aggressiveness..thats all i ask for is just a little toughness on the boards and on offense

Master Shake
09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
leave it to shake to tell it like it is. true, I'm not a fan but I have always said he can play defense and knows how to use his body. kind of like you on the court but the opposite.

I see you have my picture...are you a fan?

mookie2001
09-21-2005, 10:13 AM
no

ORION
09-21-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm a huge fan Mr. Shake, I like how you really let meatwad have it. Batman kind of reminds me of meatwad

batman2883
09-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Your momma reminds me of Carl....cheap and always fast...

Rummpd
09-21-2005, 11:20 AM
No!

batman2883
09-21-2005, 11:53 AM
No!

Crack smoker

Slo spurs fan
09-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Total Posts: 4,195 (46.59 posts per day)

You don't have a girl Bat?

j/k

bigzak25
09-21-2005, 05:53 PM

we all want Rasho to be more agressive, but I want to know how you guys expect him to be agressive from the bench?

Pop will need to give him minutes and have confidence in him. Then Rasho will need to have confidence in himself..and TD and Narr and Oberto can all help him by taking it to him in practice so he can learn to move his feet even better...and by blocking all his weak shit that he tries to throw up so he learns he better take it to the cup hard or not at all...

I understand your frustration with him...it is shared...but I have hope. And I KNOW we need a big that can avoid fouls when the Spurs vs. Heat Finals comes up this year...barring injury of course...Rasho NEEDS to be that guy. Teams won't trade a better player for him without a throw in. It's that simple.

Be The Man On the Court that you Can Be Rash. Just Do It. Call Angel if you need encouragement, PM her first...I think she could encourage a blind man to be a sniper. :tu

angel_luv
09-21-2005, 08:02 PM
Be The Man On the Court that you Can Be Rash. Just Do It. Call Angel if you need encouragement, PM her first...I think she could encourage a blind man to be a sniper. :tu

= )

Money316
09-21-2005, 08:22 PM
What a country where you can make that much money and contribute so little.

Hey somebody got to wave the flag overhead; errrrr I mean the towel!
:fro :fro :fro

z0sa
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Rasho is easily the best defender out of the three... and his offensive game could be so much better, too. But instead of dunking it with both hands, a fierce look on his face, he will flip up an airball, get the offensive rebound, and do it again. Rasho rasho rasho :(

angel_luv
09-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Rasho Rasho Rasho :)

He has a great name, doesn't he?

Rummpd
09-21-2005, 09:08 PM
All who diss Rasho beware:

Repeat after me:

Pop loves defense
Rasho plays some defense
Rasho will play*
Rasho may save the day!

*(how much depends on Nazr more that anything else!)

angel_luv
09-21-2005, 09:30 PM
All who diss Rasho beware:

Repeat after me:

Pop loves defense
Rasho plays some defense
Rasho will play*
Rasho may save the day!

*(how much depends on Nazr more that anything else!)

Rasho's on the way! He will save the day! Whoosh! :elephant

Obstructed_View
09-21-2005, 09:43 PM
Rasho is easily the best defender out of the three... and his offensive game could be so much better, too. But instead of dunking it with both hands, a fierce look on his face, he will flip up an airball, get the offensive rebound, and do it again. Rasho rasho rasho :(

Yes, I'm sure that pump faking six times and travelling is much more preferable. Seriously, if the Spurs have to worry about getting offensive production from the 5 then they are in serious trouble.

Triumph
09-22-2005, 03:39 AM
Yes, I'm sure that pump faking six times and travelling is much more preferable. Seriously, if the Spurs have to worry about getting offensive production from the 5 then they are in serious trouble.

that's just a confidence issue...when that is fixed, which it will be or he will be traded for scraps with expiring contracts so that naz can be possibly signed...(although they might both be gone with scola coming in offseason 2006 as a replacement if necessary)

yes the Spurs need offensive production from the 5, but not in points...they need it in offensive rebounds...which rasho can get better at if he ups his agressiveness and positioning. :tu

SLOVENIAN 8
09-22-2005, 04:51 AM
We need German help: http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/generator/www.sport1.de/Sportarten/Basketball/EM_202005/Berichte/Interview/bb_20em_20nesterovic_20slowenien_20inter.html

angel_luv
09-22-2005, 08:35 AM
We need German help: http://www.sport1.de/coremedia/generator/www.sport1.de/Sportarten/Basketball/EM_202005/Berichte/Interview/bb_20em_20nesterovic_20slowenien_20inter.html

Did the German paper interview Rah because of the Semi final coming up?

angel_luv
09-22-2005, 08:38 AM
I used http://www.freetranslation.com/

Sport 1: Three of victories in the preliminary, direct entrance in the quarterfinal. Do you Mr. Nesterovic, think always yet back of the first round?

Radoslav Nesterovic: no, that past is. We can buy ourselves for that yes nothing more. We must watch now that we learn out of the mistakes. Now the next game counts only. The party against Germany on Friday.

SPORT1: in Slovenia, a basketball-euphoria is broken out. You accompanied thousands fans to Belgrade.

Nesterovic: it is rules already insanity, what kind of enthusiasm. We had almost home game in the preliminary. For that we thank our fan. And we hope that they will come back on Friday and help us then to create somewhat yet larger than the quarterfinal-entrance.

SPORT1: why is this slowenische team so successful?

Nesterovic: I think, we are top-fit after a good preparation to the correct moment and found quickly our rhythm. We play like a team. It does not concern here the single. All it concerns us only victories. Each turns back itself and its Ego a little and gives all for the team.

SPORT1: you however prick actually out of this team forth because you are current NBA-champion. Are you the superstar in the team?

Nesterovic: no. I won a championship, but many of my partners are also national masters where also always they play. We have simply a good team. There is no starling. We are everyone same. We stand all on the same side. And we try all the same.

SPORT1: comparisons you yet once the NBA with the European championship.

Nesterovic: in the NBA, one must play 82 season games. The league is business. Here all goes are much more quickly, it just once two weeks. But it is a large challenge. I am proud to play for my country.

Is SPORT1: Slovenia in the quarterfinal favorite against Germany?

Nesterovic: no, there is now no more favorite. One saw that in the elimination-Games when Serbia and Montenegro is failed due to France. It becomes a very, very heavy game. Both teams have the possibility to reach something large.

SPORT1: but you are yet unbeaten.

Nesterovic: I do not see nevertheless why we should be favorite. Germany has many good players and Dirk Nowitzki. The chances stand 50:50.

SPORT1: how do you want to stop Nowitzki?

Nesterovic: does not interest me whether and like we it stop. Dirk is a magnificent player, no question. It proved that many times. I simply want to win. Only therefore it goes.

SPORT1: who are you favorite on the EM-title?

To make Nesterovic: predictions my strength is not. I want to do that also not at all. For me, only Friday, the party against Germany counts.

SPORT1: what would you do if you on Sunday a medal is puten on become?

Nesterovic: it does not know I. I never experienced so something, were as far as now we yes with the national team never. So far I not yet thought. But I will do all that I may experience the feeling on Sunday.

angel_luv
09-22-2005, 08:43 AM
The way that site translates, it sometimes makes Rasho sound like Yoda.
" predictions my strength is not."

= )

batman2883
09-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Whatever happens in Euro Basketball will not reflect his starting status, Rasho will still ride the bench, until he shows Pop he can be aggressive in the NBA. Nazr will start this season and Oberto will back him up. Rasho might play if someone gets hurt (god forbid)

Kobayagi
09-22-2005, 09:05 AM
"does not interest me whether and like we it stop"

Go Rasho, go Rasho, go!!! :lol

Nice translation :p

Slo spurs fan
09-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Nesterovic: it does not know I. I never experienced so something, were as far as now we yes with the national team never. So far I not yet thought. But I will do all that I may experience the feeling on Sunday. :lmao

angel_luv
09-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Nesterovic: it does not know I. I never experienced so something, were as far as now we yes with the national team never. So far I not yet thought. But I will do all that I may experience the feeling on Sunday. :lmao

:lol
Rasho is very well spoken.
It ( quote )is the online translators fault.

Slo spurs fan
09-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Rasho is very well spoken.
It ( quote )is the online translators fault.

I know, I know, but it is funny as hell. :lol

angel_luv
09-22-2005, 03:49 PM
I know, I know, but it is funny as hell. :lol

(In interview) talks funny, he do! ;)

Ozzy
09-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Angel, you couldn't have left he-do out of this, could you? :hat

Ok, now I have just started spamming this thread...Oooops

Slomo
09-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Here's my translation it may be a little easier to read. Maybe Streakyshooter can review it and make the appropriate changes....

btw: the question are really not very smart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sport1.de
22.September, 2004

"There are no more Favourites"

Belgrade - The Slovenian are concentrating on the quarter final showdown against Germany on Friday in the "Arena Belgrade".

Coach Ales Pipan's team is filled with excellent individuals.

Present are PG Jaka Lakovic as well as NBA aces Primoz Brezec (Charlotte) and Bostjan Nachbar (New Orleans).

Champion with the Spurs

But the spotlight is on NBA Champion Radoslav Nesterovic. During the last NBA season the 29 year old player of the San Antonio Spurs won his first Championship ring playing alongside Tim Duncan.

Nesterovic played for many years on Kevin Garnet's Minnesota Timbervolwes. He is a star in the NBA but still likes to play for his homeland - just like the NBA star on the other side: Dirk Nowitzki.

Sport1.de talked with the Slovenian captain about the Basketball euphoria in Slovenia, Dirk Nowitzki and the fact that the undefeated Slovenians are the current favourites.

Sport1: Three wins in the first round, direct advancement in the quarter finals. Mr. Nesterovic do you still think about the elimination round?

Rasho: No, that is in the past. We can't get anything for that any more. What we must do know is learn from our past mistakes. The only thing that matters is the next game - The game against Germany on Friday.

Sport1: There's a basketball euphoria currently in Slovenia. Thousands of fans have descended on Belgrade.

Rasho: The current enthusiasm is a bit crazy. In the first round it almost felt like we were playing at home. We are thankful to our fans for the home court advantage and we are hoping that they will be back on Friday to help us achieve something even greater than reaching the quarter finals.

Sport1: Why is this Slovenian team so successful?

Rasho: I think we had a very good preparation and we are peaking at the right moment. We play as a team - it's not about the individuals. What we all want is to win. Everyone controls himself and his ego and gives it all for the team.

Sport1: As current NBA champion, you do stand out in this team. Are you the star of the team?

Rasho: No. We have won a championship but many of my teammates are champions of their respective leagues. We just have a very good team. We have no stars among us - we're all equal. We're all standing on the same side and are trying to achieve the same thing.

Sport1: Can you compare the NBA with the EC?

Rasho: In the NBA you have to play 82 regular season games - the league is a business. Here everything happens much quicker, it only lasts two weeks. But it's a great challenge and I'm proud to play for my country.

Sport1: Is Slovenia the favourite over Germany in the QFs?

Rasho: No, There are no more favourites. This was very obvious in the second round elimination game when SCG losed against France. It's going to be a very very difficult game. Both teams have the opportunity to achieve something big.

Sport1: But you are undefeated.

Rasho: I still don't see why it makes us the favourite. Germany has many good players and Dirk Nowitzki. We have a 50:50 chance.

Sport1: How do you plan to stop Nowitzki?

Rasho: I'm not interested in whether we stop him or not. Dirk is without a doubt a great player. He has proven that many times. I just want to win - that's what it's all about.

Sport1: Who is the favourite to win the EC?

Rasho: Predictions are not my forte, that is why I will not make any. I'm only interested in Friday, the game against Germany.

Sport1: What will you do if you find yourself with a medal around your neck on Sunday?

Rasho: I don't know. This is something I have not yet experienced, this is the farthest that we have come with the national team. I honestly have not yet thought about it, but I will do everything in my power to be able to experience it on Sunday.

The interview was conducted by Michael Schwartz.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like Rasho is taking his answers right out of Pop's interview handbook :lol

TOP-CHERRY
09-22-2005, 05:46 PM
The way that site translates, it sometimes makes Rasho sound like Yoda.
" predictions my strength is not."

= )

batman2883
09-22-2005, 06:18 PM
Go Rasho Go Yeahhhhhhhhh Rasho!!!!