PDA

View Full Version : The spurs are going to be .79 team after their win against MIL

apalisoc_9
11-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Sadly the warriors are just on another level. Any other year and its hard to be concerned...

Respect to GSW. Their 19-0 Record makes it look like there is no hope. Legendary team.

cjw
12-01-2015, 01:00 AM
Agree that a lot of freaking out after losses and close wins is because of comparing team to GSW. Spurs just have to be better than the other 13 west teams (and preferably the Cavs) and pray to god they can pull at least one off in Oakland. Other than that, keep guys fresh and healthy and figure out which lineups work.

Dex
12-01-2015, 01:03 AM
December just dawned. I'll worry when it's the postseason.

19-0 is impressive, but I still wanna see them beat us 4 out of 7.

TrainOfThought5
12-01-2015, 01:08 AM
This whole... im not worried its november, im not worried its january, im not worried its march, im not worried until the playoffs sounds a hell of a lot like last year.

Fireball
12-01-2015, 01:16 AM
This whole... im not worried its november, im not worried its january, im not worried its march, im not worried until the playoffs sounds a hell of a lot like last year.

yep .. 99% here always talked how we never would lose to the Clips in a playoff series ... now its 80% people saying we can beat the Warriors ... of course we can, but its not gonna happen :downspin:

Tuddy
12-01-2015, 03:11 AM
Offense is a fair bit different to last year will take time. D is awesome and we match up well with gs.

Russo21
12-01-2015, 04:51 AM
19-0 is impressive yes. Remember a few years back the Spurs won 20 straight (10 regular season games then the first 10 playoff games) then lost 4 straight in the conference finals and boom, their season was over. Any run this long is impressive but it happens nearly every year. It ain't over til the fat lady sings. It's impressive indeed, but ony getting so much hype as its the start of the season which draws comparisons and the inevitable question, can they surpass the Bulls record of 72-10? Who cares if they do. Let's hope we make it and meet them in the WCF where anything can happen.

Spurtacular
12-01-2015, 05:10 AM
Sadly the warriors are just on another level. Any other year and its hard to be concerned...

Respect to GSW. Their 19-0 Record makes it look like there is no hope. Legendary team.

As long as you can suck Kawhi's johnson at the end of the day.....

popdagreat
12-01-2015, 05:16 AM
its worse when you live in the bay area, the unstoppable warrrioorrs and bandwagon fans.

will_spurs
12-01-2015, 05:46 AM
The Warriors are juggernauts right now, but it's often not so good to peak too early. Let's see if they can sustain it.

Re: the Spurs the main issue is that the schedule is very easy so far, and we have lost pretty much every game that was contested. This tells me something is not sound, despite the great record. But in terms of regular season a win is a win and it's good to rack up as many of them as possible early.

Brazil
12-01-2015, 07:39 AM
At this point, fans should focus on their teams and forget about GSW... they are on a different planet right now, if they sustain it, we all play for second place

Horse
12-01-2015, 01:56 PM

Let's not forget the drop off of a lot of the better teams out west. GSW haven't really played anyone. Not that we have any excuse to lose to the pels or wiz but we're also not hell bent on winning the reg season like they are.

SpursforSix
12-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Spurs were only a Parker 3 from tying it up. Too bad he missed.

RD2191
12-01-2015, 02:09 PM
:loltbh. And as we saw last year every game matters out west.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-01-2015, 02:11 PM
Agree that a lot of freaking out after losses and close wins is because of comparing team to GSW. Spurs just have to be better than the other 13 west teams (and preferably the Cavs) and pray to god they can pull at least one off in Oakland. Other than that, keep guys fresh and healthy and figure out which lineups work.
Nah, if the Spurs have to play both OKC and GSW they will lose the West. The only hope seems to be that OKC gets some injuries and/or slips for awhile and ends up the #4 seed.

cjw
12-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Nah, if the Spurs have to play both OKC and GSW they will lose the West. The only hope seems to be that OKC gets some injuries and/or slips for awhile and ends up the #4 seed.

Yup, need OKC to fall to the four ... or injuries for GSW/OKC. Don't wish injuries on anybody, so instead pray that one of these other teams in the West gets its s*** together.

TheDoctor
12-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Let's not forget the drop off of a lot of the better teams out west. GSW haven't really played anyone. Not that we have any excuse to lose to the pels or wiz but we're also not hell bent on winning the reg season like they are.

If you mean the Spurs when you say GSW haven't really played anyone you're correct, because at the moment they got wins over:
-Memphis, twice, by 50 and 16pts
-Clippers by 4 and 7pts
-NOLA, twice, by 16 and 14pts
-Houston by 20pts
-Chicago by 12pts

houston spurs fan
12-01-2015, 03:20 PM
This take is about as optimistic as I am about your future with that degree.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Yup, need OKC to fall to the four ... or injuries for GSW/OKC. Don't wish injuries on anybody, so instead pray that one of these other teams in the West gets its s*** together.
yeah, I'd much rather play the Rockets or Clippers and round 2, besides GSW/OKC would be exciting as hell as a 1-4 matchup and one would have to lose (likely OKC).

UNT Eagles 2016
12-01-2015, 04:44 PM
This take is about as optimistic as I am about your future with that degree.
I'm looking at working for IBM in Massachusetts next spring for ~$90k. Too bad I missed most of the Brady era and I'm going to be stuck supporting a mediocre iteration of the Celtics.

HarlemHeat37
12-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Nice thread, OP..just hope for a Warriors injury, tbh, I've never seen anything like them..even as a Spurs fan, it's a pleasure to watch Curry and Draymond Green..

SpursforSix
12-01-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm looking at working for IBM in Massachusetts next spring for ~$90k. Too bad I missed most of the Brady era and I'm going to be stuck supporting a mediocre iteration of the Celtics.

IBM every morning after I wake up. NOT BEFORE THOUGH!!!!

FutureMan
12-01-2015, 05:44 PM
If you mean the Spurs when you say GSW haven't really played anyone you're correct, because at the moment they got wins over:
-Memphis, twice, by 50 and 16pts
-Clippers by 4 and 7pts
-NOLA, twice, by 16 and 14pts
-Houston by 20pts
-Chicago by 12pts

Sounds like you're living in last year

- Memphis and the Clippers just got over .500; they looked terrible
- NOLA is the third worst team in the NBA
- Houston?? This is a straight up joke right??
- Chicago they played at home

- The Spurs lost by 6 to OKC; home opener, new coach; Away game
- Lost by 3 to the Wizards; Away game
- Spurs did lose to NOLA when Davis came back with a vengeance and probably too much so since he got injured again
- By 3 to Chicago because they couldn't hit a three the whole game

TO BE CLEAR. I'm not saying their win streak isn't impressive. It's just not as impressive as the press is making it out to be.

szkorhetz
12-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Yeah, like we are not much better than last year. In mid-december we weren't in playoff berth. We are second now..

dbreiden83080
12-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Warriors will come down to earth at some point. Injuries, fatigue whatever. The Bulls 72-10 mark is safe IMO.

TheDoctor
12-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Sounds like you're living in last year

- Memphis and the Clippers just got over .500; they looked terrible
- NOLA is the third worst team in the NBA
- Houston?? This is a straight up joke right??
- Chicago they played at home

- The Spurs lost by 6 to OKC; home opener, new coach; Away game
- Lost by 3 to the Wizards; Away game
- Spurs did lose to NOLA when Davis came back with a vengeance and probably too much so since he got injured again
- By 3 to Chicago because they couldn't hit a three the whole game

TO BE CLEAR. I'm not saying their win streak isn't impressive. It's just not as impressive as the press is making it out to be.

Excuses are for those seeking them.

Now tell us, their streak is rated at what level of impressiveness? Yours a 4 and media an 8?

sananspursfan21
12-01-2015, 06:36 PM
The candle that burns the brightest, burns out the quickest - Sananspursfan21fucius

TD 21
12-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Nice thread, OP..just hope for a Warriors injury, tbh, I've never seen anything like them..even as a Spurs fan, it's a pleasure to watch Curry and Draymond Green..

Apparently you never saw the '12-'14 Spurs. Sure, they didn't have the transcendent, in their prime offensive player, with gravitational pull beyond 25 feet, but outside of that, there's a lot of similarities.

Those assholes are fortunate that their core is much younger (not only for longevity, but when need be, they can play virtually unlimited minutes) and that they've enjoyed unprecedented injury luck, both for and against.

FutureMan
12-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Excuses are for those seeking them.

Now tell us, their streak is rated at what level of impressiveness? Yours a 4 and media an 8?

No no not a 4.. Like I said To be clear it is impressive. Maybe a 6.5 or 7. The media is making it seem like they are a 9 or even the Bulls (10). Everyday there is a new article about how they are the lords of basketball, other teams should lose on purpose and other nonsense. That could be the reason why I posted because the teams you listed aren't impressive and were in incredible slumps. Also there is a difference between excuses and reasons if they are undefeated by the new year then I apologize. I just couldn't get my head around the rockets and Nola on that list.

When it comes to win steaks I think the Spurs one with 20 and 10 in the playoffs is more impressive.

It will even out because it will only make the second half of their season tougher and there will undoubtedly be an injury in their future.

Every year the Spurs manage to stay under the radar and they are doing it again.

Horry Hipcheck
12-01-2015, 09:34 PM

This. The Dubs are without question a great team, but they haven't beaten the Spurs in a 7 game series. I think we all knew they'd beat SA to the No. 1 seed. Doesn't make them a lock for the Finals again.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-01-2015, 09:36 PM
IBM every morning after I wake up. NOT BEFORE THOUGH!!!!

Huh? "I Bite Myself"? :rolleyes

kjhip1
12-01-2015, 11:23 PM
December just dawned. I'll worry when it's the postseason.

That's what I want to see, both these teams face off in the west finals and let it be settled. I mean Spurs would be underdogs with the way GS is playing but I think the series would be a dream for true hoop fans.