PDA

View Full Version : Leonard alley oop

ivanfromwestwood
11-30-2015, 11:36 PM
Why does Tim Duncan always have to be the one to throw it? I would much rather see Ginobili throw that pass

apalisoc_9
11-30-2015, 11:41 PM
Why does Tim Duncan always have to be the one to throw it? I would much rather see Ginobili throw that pass

Because defenders dont apply pressure on bigs when they are on the three point line...pretty common sense. Taking advatange od basketball 101.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-30-2015, 11:44 PM
For as good a passer TD is I'm surprised he has trouble throwing Lob's

sasaint
11-30-2015, 11:48 PM
For as good a passer TD is I'm surprised he has trouble throwing Lob's

True. But I thought the problem was on both ends. Timmy's pass was poor, Kawhi mistimed his jump. It will take us a while to get used to alley-oops. Not a usual Spurs play!

YGWHI
12-01-2015, 12:00 AM
Our guards can't make a decent entry pass to Kawhi...why do people expect they throw lobs to him?

Robz4000
12-01-2015, 12:02 AM
I'd rather they just get rid of it altogether tbh.

loveforthegame
12-01-2015, 12:12 AM
It's a good play but teams are starting to expect it. They're either pushing/holding him now.

Sean is right. Timmy has never had anyone like Leonard to lob too. He's still learning.

A better play would be to let Leonard seal his man off and get the lob that way. West has done that quite a bit with Leonard. Instead of the slam Leonard is getting a layup or foul.

Fireball
12-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Give it to Marcus Camby ... he was great with these lob passes

JeffDuncan
12-01-2015, 01:37 PM

Height. Height helps for a pass like that.

The path of the ball is more nearly horizontal, when a lob pass is thrown by a tall player. That means the pass is faster in getting from point a to point b, when it follows a more horizontal line.

Ginobili is too short to lob as well. A lob pass from him needs more arc. Oh, I'm sure he could throw the pass. But the higher arc he would have to use means the pass takes more time, from point a to point b, which gives the defense a better chance to react.

Nathan89
12-01-2015, 02:07 PM
I'd rather they just get rid of it altogether tbh.

They need to continue to practice it. If the defense is allowing a window for the play to be execute then we need to try to take advantage of it.

SouthernFried
12-01-2015, 02:12 PM
If Duncan is on the Perimeter, guess where the bigs on the other team are? Helps to have the defensive bigs not near the basket when doing an Alley oop....just sayin'

Obstructed_View
12-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Are you guys talking about the alley-oop where KL got shoved in the air and almost made the basket anyway?

bklynspursfan
12-01-2015, 04:27 PM
If Duncan is on the Perimeter, guess where the bigs on the other team are? Helps to have the defensive bigs not near the basket when doing an Alley oop....just sayin'

+1

gospursgojas
12-01-2015, 05:08 PM
That's their thumbs up play. Keep an eye on Pop and/or Tim. When they give the thumbs up its going to be a lob to Kawhi.