PDA

View Full Version : Manu: "We relied a lot on Kawhi and LaMarcus

ducks
12-01-2015, 01:14 AM
Jeff McDonald – Verified account ‏@JMcDonald_SAEN

Manu: "We relied a lot on Kawhi and LaMarcus making jumpers. It’s not exactly who we want to be."

apalisoc_9
12-01-2015, 01:22 AM
Lamarcus was unconcious in tue first half and Kawhi was the only player worth going to the whole game. I think Manu is having trouble understading that the game hes trying to vizualise is completely unsustainable.

Lamarcus barely shot the ball in the 2nd half and Kawhi barely had any touches the last 4 minutes. It was actually when when Manu decided to move away from that game that the spurs lost. :lol

I pointed this in the game thread, Manu tried to play a completly different game from what they were playing and the result was atrocious.

I respect manu a lot, but he'll have to understand the personel. Pop will probably talk to him about it.

SAGirl
12-01-2015, 02:01 AM
I wonder what Manu had in mind instead.

Maybe that instead of shooting jumpers Kawhi and Lamarcus had to make plays for their teammates?

apalisoc_9
12-01-2015, 02:03 AM
I wonder what Manu had in mind instead.

Maybe that instead of shooting jumpers Kawhi and Lamarcus had to make plays for their teammates?

Like with many others, I dont think manu realizes the changes that needs to happen with a declining parker and him being 38. You cant play spurs 2014 with this personel. Its not possible.

YGWHI
12-01-2015, 02:08 AM

Make plays for guys who weren't scoring efficiently...1-5 2-8 1-4 3-10...doesn't make sense.

kawhidoyoudothistome
12-01-2015, 02:08 AM
I think Manu's wrong. We played our defensive style and should have closed them out like we do other teams, IF we actually did rely on Kawhi and LMA to close it out.

spurtech09
12-01-2015, 02:11 AM
Spurs need to play spur ball.....and that's ball movement.....share the ball..

SAGirl
12-01-2015, 02:13 AM
Like with many others, I dont think manu realizes the changes that needs to happen with a declining parker and him being 38. You cant play spurs 2014 with this personel. Its not possible.
They most definitely need to move to feature the young studs they have, but still the fact that he said that the team doesn't want to rely on them making jumpers makes me wander what he meant.

I think he meant that if these two get the ball, its not always for a shot for themselves, but for them to make a play to improve their teammates quality of play.

If that is the plan, we might be in trouble, bc Lamarcus is not a playmaker (he tries, give him credit, maybe too much which ends up in hesitation). Kawhi has improved by leaps and bounds, but he's an efficient scorer at this point, I don't think you want him passing up shots unless he absolutely doesn't get a good look.

I am not sure what Manu meant.

loveforthegame
12-01-2015, 02:18 AM
I don't mind LMA taking jumpers when he's hitting like he was tonight. The defense gave him that all night long. He really struggled when trying to go inside though.

Leonard did most his damage inside. They needed to clear out and let him go to work more.

If anyone was settling for jumpers it was the bench.

Escawun3
12-01-2015, 02:43 AM
Kawhi was clearly tired in the last minutes, Manu was talking a lot with him on those last plays, so maybe that's what happened. the bench played very bad and Timmy really struggled against Pau. This things happens, is a long season, but I'm really upset because is not a coincidence no more that we have bad looks on the last possessions , I blame Pop because I got the sense that he doesn´t like to make crunch plays, is like just shoot it and let see what happens, but then he says that we lost because we played bad on the second quarter. he is the best, but he has been really bad on last possessions plays. ( sorry if my english is bad)

Kikoluna
12-01-2015, 03:09 AM
I think he was talking about the beautiful game, spurs ball movement, not hero ball (although Leonard is awesome tbh)

apalisoc_9
12-01-2015, 03:27 AM
I think he was talking about the beautiful game, spurs ball movement, not hero ball (although Leonard is awesome tbh)

Not possible with Tony and Manu.decline. probably something he does not understand

Spurtacular
12-01-2015, 05:15 AM
I'll take Manu's analysis over some idiot troll every day of the week.

ceperez
12-01-2015, 05:46 AM
Absolutely does not make sense. If Pop intentionally shortened the lineup, then it is obvious that he wanted the best players on the court most of the time. Look at the disparity in minutes between starters and bench. Starters played twice as long as bench but have positive +/- vs negative.

will_spurs
12-01-2015, 05:49 AM
He simply means that the Spurs aren't designed to funnel the offense through 2 volume jump shooters. And that'd obviously be a recipe for disaster.

For the Spurs to be "who they want to be" there need to be a better performance (offensively) by Green + the whole bench, as well as more post game from our bigs. Basically a more balanced offensive game.

Fireball
12-01-2015, 06:08 AM
the problem is obvious ... the starters played more minutes than usual and did not have enough in the tank to finish the game ... they dominated the Bulls starters, but the Spurs bench just gave up every lead

TrainOfThought5
12-01-2015, 06:15 AM
the problem is obvious ... the starters played more minutes than usual and did not have enough in the tank to finish the game ... they dominated the Bulls starters, but the Spurs bench just gave up every lead

The starters played more minutes BECAUSE the bench was sucking ass all game long. Two positive runs by the bench and this game isnt even close. Smfh i dont know what the hell Manu is talking about.

TrainOfThought5
12-01-2015, 06:23 AM
Make plays for guys who weren't scoring efficiently...1-5 2-8 1-4 3-10...doesn't make sense.

This. A million times, this. The game was in crunch time and our two best players shouldve been playing a two man game surrounding their strengths.

Fireball
12-01-2015, 06:31 AM
The starters played more minutes BECAUSE the bench was sucking ass all game long. Two positive runs by the bench and this game isnt even close. Smfh i dont know what the hell Manu is talking about.

I think we both agree ...

eDizzle20
12-01-2015, 06:49 AM
I think Manu's wrong. We played our defensive style and should have closed them out like we do other teams, IF we actually did rely on Kawhi and LMA to close it out.

This. There's no point to having 2 max money players if you're not going to feed them the ball down the stretch.

DarrinS
12-01-2015, 07:50 AM
He simply means that the Spurs aren't designed to funnel the offense through 2 volume jump shooters. And that'd obviously be a recipe for disaster.

For the Spurs to be "who they want to be" there need to be a better performance (offensively) by Green + the whole bench, as well as more post game from our bigs. Basically a more balanced offensive game.

This, pretty much. Bulls had 5 players in double figures-- Spurs had 3

Brian Windhorst
12-01-2015, 07:53 AM
Green 3-10
Ginobili 1-4
Mills 2-8
West 1-5

will_spurs
12-01-2015, 07:54 AM
This. There's no point to having 2 max money players if you're not going to feed them the ball down the stretch.

It doesn't mean they have to settle for a (contested) jump shot.

DarrinS
12-01-2015, 07:55 AM
Green 3-10
Ginobili 1-4
Mills 2-8
West 1-5

With those numbers, I'm surprised it was competitive

Brazil
12-01-2015, 08:09 AM
There is nothing wrong relying on Kawhi and LMA but he is right about jumpers.

Spurs have had a terrible last minutes of the game against Bulls. Bulls late in the game were going inside to the rim to get easy lay ups or draw fools that's what happened instead Spurs settled on the perimeter with no FTs.

DarrinS
12-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Starters did their job last night. Bench got out scored 30-15.

From Downtown
12-01-2015, 08:18 AM
I didn't get to see the game but from what I'm reading it seems pretty obvious that it was the bench that was shit last night

Manu has a point tho,we still need to find our balance offensively,LMA and Kawhi need the ball and need to shot,but they have to play within the offense,we're not going anywhere playing ISO-ball
Of course it doesn't help that Green and Manu are cold from 3 and Patty's playing like shit in away games,but while our defense has been great so far the offense needs to improve (and the starting lineup is much better than it was a month ago,so clearly we're getting where we want to be...slowly,but we're doing it)...said that it's a process and December just started,so I'm not concerned at all

I feel like there's also a bit of autocriticism in his words tbh
It's like saying "we just gave them the ball and didn't do much ourselves"

DMC
12-01-2015, 08:53 AM
The intentional misinterpretation of a quote is what fuels this site.

Manu was saying the rest of them sucked balls. He wasn't saying they don't want to go through LMA and Leonard on offense.

TheDoctor
12-01-2015, 09:15 AM
I took what Manu said as that the bench sucked, the offense stunk and KaMarcus can't do it all.

If each one of those guys (Green, Manu, Patty & West) made 1 one more basket thats between 8-12 more points = WIN.

ElNono
12-01-2015, 09:39 AM
“They play hard,” Spurs guard Manu Ginobili said. “They play good defense. They grab, they hold, they are physical. They make you take jumpers. You can’t get to the rim.”

“We’re not going to be good offensively until March, probably,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said, not long after the Chicago Bulls made March seem so far away.

“We came back and played hard,” Popovich said. “But that was our downfall, giving up 32 in the second quarter.”

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-fall-to-the-Bulls-after-losing-their-6666421.php?t=9b3b4dda09927fc3fb&cmpid=twitter-premium

Yuixafun
12-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Would have rather had Simmons out there, than an uninspire Manu, playing with faint instead of purpose.

Ice009
12-01-2015, 10:13 AM
There is nothing wrong relying on Kawhi and LMA but he is right about jumpers.

Spurs have had a terrible last minutes of the game against Bulls. Bulls late in the game were going inside to the rim to get easy lay ups or draw fools that's what happened instead Spurs settled on the perimeter with no FTs.

Spurs lack of drawing fouls and getting to the line is starting to become pretty bad. Aren't they something like dead last in the NBA in free throws attempted? I don't think you can win anything if you can't get any easy points from the line.

Brazil
12-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Spurs lack of drawing fouls and getting to the line is starting to become pretty bad. Aren't they something like dead last in the NBA in free throws attempted? I don't think you can win anything if you can't get any easy points from the line.

They are 30 in the league on FT/FGA ratio... so yeah that's pretty bad

DJR210
12-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Shifting blame for that crap he put up at the end

el contusione
12-01-2015, 11:29 AM
THIS...

ceperez
12-01-2015, 11:35 AM

Not a good sign when the only player drawing contact is your most valuable player (Leonard).

Spurs need time go figure this out! To many holes in their game.

ceperez
12-01-2015, 11:38 AM
““We’re not going to be good offensively until March, probably,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said, not long after the Chicago Bulls made March seem so far away.

So he knows the offense sucks but isn't worried about the team improving? Does he have some adjustments come March, or is that all going to be kept hidden till then?

TheDoctor
12-01-2015, 12:22 PM

Portland LaMarcus used to draw a bunch of fouls but Spurs are using him more like a role player. Meaning less shots/plays called for him. Manu is old and playing less minutes. Tony's also getting less plays called for him meaning less drivings to the hoop/FTAs. Kyle has a knack for drawing fouls but he just plays that much. Kawhi still has not developed that skill (he's just averaging 3.4 FTA per game).

So, it is what it is.

DenialTwist
12-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Yet Manu was the one who took a horrible floater and fouled to give the Bulls free throws in crunchtime?!?

ElNono
12-01-2015, 01:03 PM
So he knows the offense sucks but isn't worried about the team improving? Does he have some adjustments come March, or is that all going to be kept hidden till then?

Where did you read that? He merely pointed out that it's going to take a long time to get everything together offensively.

UZER
12-01-2015, 01:04 PM
LaMarcus was rolling early, best game so far this season. pop sat him way too long in the 2nd qtr. Never got back his rhythm back.

ceperez
12-01-2015, 01:05 PM
LaMarcus was rolling early, best game so far this season. pop sat him way too long in the 2nd qtr. Never got back his rhythm back.

Plus, nobody was passing him the ball. He needs Parker to set him up.

JeffDuncan
12-01-2015, 01:12 PM
The intentional misinterpretation of a quote is what fuels this site.

Manu was saying the rest of them sucked balls. He wasn't saying they don't want to go through LMA and Leonard on offense.

You are correct. Manu just meant that the other Spurs need to score some points, too.

But I don't think the misinterpretation is intentional. There's some characters around here who don't read too well, or think too well. Their misinterpretations are accidental, because it's the best they can do.

DMC
12-01-2015, 02:44 PM
You are correct. Manu just meant that the other Spurs need to score some points, too.

But I don't think the misinterpretation is intentional. There's some characters around here who don't read too well, or think too well. Their misinterpretations are accidental, because it's the best they can do. More appropriately called confirmation bias. A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. Someone said that once

Ice009
12-01-2015, 06:29 PM
They are 30 in the league on FT/FGA ratio... so yeah that's pretty bad

Darn. That is not good at all. I just don't think you can win by only taking jump shots in crunch time. This game was a great example. The Bulls went to the rack with the game on the line and drew fouls while the Spurs took a lot of jump shots.

Being last in free throws is very concerning. Spurs needed to get another penetrator that can draw fouls since Manu and TP can't do it consistently anymore. I was hoping Simmons could be that guy which is a big reason why I was so keen for him so succeed in the preseason, but unfortunately it doesn't look like he's going to get into the rotation any time soon. His handles are worse than I originally thought too.

I also want Kawhi to stop settling for jumpers and try and drive it to the rim more. Not sure if that is a handles issue for him or lack of elite athleticism that is holding him back in that area? What do you guys think? Maybe a combination of the two. For example, Tony had supreme speed and very good handles that allowed him to get to the rim whenever he wanted, and Manu had good handles, good speed, and also great athleticism which helped him get to the rim almost at will too.

SAGirl
12-01-2015, 06:34 PM

This makes perfect sense, thank you.

I agree with you that Manu here is talking about himself and the bench. What he likely meant goes hand in hand with what you said. The Spurs are not built or meant to rely on 2 players like the Thunder. They expect more contribution from others (Green and bench were nowhere to be found. . . Danny defensively was spectacular at times, but his shot selection is poor, still passes on good 3 pt shots for himself, and still makes bad decisions on what to do when he dribbles. Bench was just horrible in this game on both ends.)

bic50
12-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Darn. That is not good at all. I just don't think you can win by only taking jump shots in crunch time. This game was a great example. The Bulls went to the rack with the game on the line and drew fouls while the Spurs took a lot of jump shots.

Being last in free throws is very concerning. Spurs needed to get another penetrator that can draw fouls since Manu and TP can't do it consistently anymore. I was hoping Simmons could be that guy which is a big reason why I was so keen for him so succeed in the preseason, but unfortunately it doesn't look like he's going to get into the rotation any time soon. His handles are worse than I originally thought too.

I also want Kawhi to stop settling for jumpers and try and drive it to the rim more. Not sure if that is a handles issue for him or lack of elite athleticism that is holding him back in that area? What do you guys think? Maybe a combination of the two. For example, Tony had supreme speed and very good handles that allowed him to get to the rim whenever he wanted, and Manu had good handles, good speed, and also great athleticism which helped him get to the rim almost at will too.

It's hard to tell what it is. Vince Carter was incredibly explosive but I remember him being criticized for settling for 3s too often and not driving to the basket enough.

tholdren
12-01-2015, 07:12 PM

Hes a wimp, just like LMA. He's athletic. He's long. He can dribble. He's either afraid, or stupid.

SAGirl
12-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Portland LaMarcus used to draw a bunch of fouls but Spurs are using him more like a role player. Meaning less shots/plays called for him. Manu is old and playing less minutes. Tony's also getting less plays called for him meaning less drivings to the hoop/FTAs. Kyle has a knack for drawing fouls but he just plays that much. Kawhi still has not developed that skill (he's just averaging 3.4 FTA per game).

So, it is what it is.

I would actually like Pop to coach Kyle to be more aggressive offensively, make plays. The man is so crafty that he gets to the line despite such a low usage rate and timid offense. Most of the shots he has taken are actually bail out end of the shot clock shots, when obviously he has the green light to force bc there is no time for anything else, and surprisingly, he has created his own shots in a jiffy and either gotten to the line, made his jumper, or he finds somebody at the last second. I think that if pushed, Kyle could do more for this team than he's currently doing and Simmons has shown flashes in real NBA games as well, we are not talking about SL here. It might be time to push these two a little more, but alas! Pop won't do it.

TD 21
12-01-2015, 07:51 PM

That and Leonard and Aldridge aren't play makers and get to the line at embarrassing rates for players of their caliber.

As ugly as it is to watch, this is probably how it's going to be down the stretch of most close games going forward and it's why, along with the lack of three-point shooting, they're probably going to continue to struggle against any half decent team in these situations.

skulls138
12-01-2015, 10:31 PM

I also want Kawhi to stop settling for jumpers and try and drive it to the rim more. Not sure if that is a handles issue for him or lack of elite athleticism that is holding him back in that area? What do you guys think? Maybe a combination of the two. For example, Tony had supreme speed and very good handles that allowed him to get to the rim whenever he wanted, and Manu had good handles, good speed, and also great athleticism which helped him get to the rim almost at will too.Yeah theyre trying to make Kawhi into the man but I think they should go back to passing that ball around until it finds the open three point shooter. Kawhi will find plenty of points that way. But also take it to the rack more and get on the free throw line. This mid-range jump shooting stuff is no good.

skulls138
12-01-2015, 10:42 PM
I would actually like Pop to coach Kyle to be more aggressive offensively, make plays. The man is so crafty that he gets to the line despite such a low usage rate and timid offense. Most of the shots he has taken are actually bail out end of the shot clock shots, when obviously he has the green light to force bc there is no time for anything else, and surprisingly, he has created his own shots in a jiffy and either gotten to the line, made his jumper, or he finds somebody at the last second. I think that if pushed, Kyle could do more for this team than he's currently doing and Simmons has shown flashes in real NBA games as well, we are not talking about SL here. It might be time to push these two a little more, but alas! Pop won't do it.We may need KA to step it up the way the bench is playing. He could both solidify and energize it because Ginobili, West and Diaw aint spring chickens and its showing. I also think Pops will do it, if the situation doesnt improve.

honestfool84
12-01-2015, 11:07 PM

SnakeBoy
12-01-2015, 11:31 PM
I would actually like Pop to coach Kyle to be more aggressive offensively, make plays. The man is so crafty that he gets to the line despite such a low usage rate and timid offense. Most of the shots he has taken are actually bail out end of the shot clock shots, when obviously he has the green light to force bc there is no time for anything else, and surprisingly, he has created his own shots in a jiffy and either gotten to the line, made his jumper, or he finds somebody at the last second. I think that if pushed, Kyle could do more for this team than he's currently doing and Simmons has shown flashes in real NBA games as well, we are not talking about SL here. It might be time to push these two a little more, but alas! Pop won't do it.

I would too but I think Pop only cares about his defensive development at this point. I can't really argue with Pop's approach though. The only thing that I thought could keep Kyle from becoming a good NBA player was his horrible defense. He's shown more improvement than I expected at this point so Pop has him going in a good direction.

ducks
12-02-2015, 12:31 AM
Plus, nobody was passing him the ball. He needs Parker to set him up.
Yeah Parker only had 9 assist and lots of hockey assist

bic50
12-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Yeah theyre trying to make Kawhi into the man but I think they should go back to passing that ball around until it finds the open three point shooter. Kawhi will find plenty of points that way. But also take it to the rack more and get on the free throw line. This mid-range jump shooting stuff is no good.

Guys aren't hitting shots though. Green, mills, manu, even aldridge has struggled. I believe only parker and kawhi are the only ones shooting well so far. our defense and play from parker and leonard are carrying us right now. that Bulls game was winnable is we were to get better play out of our bench.

skulls138
12-02-2015, 01:14 AM
Guys aren't hitting shots though. Green, mills, manu, even aldridge has struggled. I believe only parker and kawhi are the only ones shooting well so far. our defense and play from parker and leonard are carrying us right now. that Bulls game was winnable is we were to get better play out of our bench.More pick and roll less pick and pop.

kaji157
12-02-2015, 02:03 AM

I think what he is asking is that if the big 3 adapted their games to play in a variety of ways, with different game peaces and to maximize the abilities of different supporting casts, now he needs others to adap in order for the team to be what he thinks the team should be.

You are not going to win a championship with 2 midrange jumpers, plain simple. You need something else.

And i am pretty sure that where Manu wants us to be is the same place Duncan and Pop wants us, and thats winning.

Ice009
12-02-2015, 07:24 PM
It's hard to tell what it is. Vince Carter was incredibly explosive but I remember him being criticized for settling for 3s too often and not driving to the basket enough.

True. I remember a game against the Lakers in the early 2000s and all Vince did all game was take long 2s and 3s. While watching that game I was thinking something along the lines of - what is this guy doing? He's playing soft, is he scared of Shaq? I always thought that if you're that athletic and explosive, you should always try to get to the rim as much as possible to finish and/or draw fouls while also mixing in jumpers to keep the defense honest/guessing.

DMC
12-02-2015, 10:24 PM
San Antonio Spurs

STARTERS
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

LaMarcus Aldridge (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2983/lamarcus-aldridge), PF
3-10
0-0
0-0
+3

Kawhi Leonard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard), SF
3-12
0-1
7-8
+14

Tim Duncan (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/215/tim-duncan), C
7-11
0-0
2-2
+11

Tony Parker (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1015/tony-parker), PG
2-6
1-1
3-4
+16

Danny Green (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3988/danny-green), SG
1-5
0-4
0-0
+15

BENCH
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

David West (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2177/david-west), PF
2-5
0-0
0-0
+18

Kyle Anderson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2993874/kyle-anderson), SF
1-1
0-0
2-3
+3

Boris Diaw (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2167/boris-diaw), C
2-4
0-0
0-0
+10

Patty Mills (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4004/patty-mills), PG
3-8
2-4
0-0
+5

Jonathon Simmons (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2579466/jonathon-simmons), SG
3-3
0-0
0-1
+8

Manu Ginobili (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/272/manu-ginobili), SG
2-5
1-2
0-0
+2

Rasual Butler (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1767/rasual-butler), SF
Has not entered game

Matt Bonner (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1996/matt-bonner), C
Has not entered game

TOTALS

FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF

PTS

29-70
4-12
14-18

This is what Manu was referring to: Team scoring, not relying on Kawhi and LMA to carry them. Just FYI

tholdren
12-02-2015, 10:27 PM
San Antonio Spurs

STARTERS
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

LaMarcus Aldridge (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2983/lamarcus-aldridge), PF
3-10
0-0
0-0
+3

Kawhi Leonard (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6450/kawhi-leonard), SF
3-12
0-1
7-8
+14

Tim Duncan (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/215/tim-duncan), C
7-11
0-0
2-2
+11

Tony Parker (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1015/tony-parker), PG
2-6
1-1
3-4
+16

Danny Green (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3988/danny-green), SG
1-5
0-4
0-0
+15

BENCH
MIN
FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF
+/-
PTS

David West (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2177/david-west), PF
2-5
0-0
0-0
+18

Kyle Anderson (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2993874/kyle-anderson), SF
1-1
0-0
2-3
+3

Boris Diaw (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2167/boris-diaw), C
2-4
0-0
0-0
+10

Patty Mills (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/4004/patty-mills), PG
3-8
2-4
0-0
+5

Jonathon Simmons (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2579466/jonathon-simmons), SG
3-3
0-0
0-1
+8

Manu Ginobili (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/272/manu-ginobili), SG
2-5
1-2
0-0
+2

Rasual Butler (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1767/rasual-butler), SF
Has not entered game

Matt Bonner (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1996/matt-bonner), C
Has not entered game

TOTALS

FGM-A
3PM-A
FTM-A
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TO
PF

PTS

29-70
4-12
14-18

This is what Manu was referring to: Team scoring, not relying on Kawhi and LMA to carry them. Just FYI

Lol plus minus

Manudona
12-02-2015, 11:11 PM

And twice in spurstalk.com...

Ice009
12-02-2015, 11:17 PM
That may be what Manu was referring to, but tonight we saw that Kawhi's jumper was not falling and he at least was able to draw more fouls which was a good thing. I think these guys need to realize that you can't win just by shooting jumpshots all the time. You've got a mix it up and get some fouls or finishes inside for higher percentage shots.

DMC
12-03-2015, 01:07 AM
That may be what Manu was referring to, but tonight we saw that Kawhi's jumper was not falling, but he at least drew more fouls which was a good thing. I think these guys need to realize that you can't win just by shooting jumpshots all the time. You've got a mix it up and get some fouls or finishes inside for higher percentage shots.
"But"? That's my entire point. KL and LMA didn't dominate, but the rest of the team found some offense.