PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Popovich: "All my Kobe memories are when he beat us. They're not very fun.''

JohnnyMax
12-01-2015, 02:03 AM

Splits
12-01-2015, 02:06 AM
How'd he fare in 05, 13, 14, 15...?

Jzone
12-01-2015, 04:14 AM
Coach Pop telling it like it is tbh

midnightpulp
12-01-2015, 06:05 AM
Kobe was great against us. I think his '08 series is the best playoff series he ever played in his career. Some might bring up '01 against the Spurs, but Kobe was going against corpses on the perimeter.

Still not a top 10 all-time great, though.

Raven
12-01-2015, 06:18 AM
More like derek fisher memories. All the memories of kirby for me are great.

JohnnyMax
12-01-2015, 06:20 AM

ambchang
12-01-2015, 07:15 AM
So pop didn't have too many memories of Kobe.

Koolaid_Man
12-01-2015, 07:24 AM

Pop was a suspect coach due to not repeating

DMC
12-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Kobe was great against us. I think his '08 series is the best playoff series he ever played in his career. Some might bring up '01 against the Spurs, but Kobe was going against corpses on the perimeter.

Still not a top 10 all-time great, though.

Top 25 though, I'd think.

DMC
12-01-2015, 08:01 AM

Pop didn't remember LMA and he was sitting on the bench.

Killakobe81
12-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Pop with class ...this forum though ...

100%duncan
12-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Pop with class ...this forum though ...

Kobe killed us, no doubt.

ElNono
12-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Pop always been a fan of kobe, tbh

DJR210
12-01-2015, 10:42 AM
All trolling aside, will be sad to see Kobe go. The guy, along with TD and KG are living time capsules back to my middle school days. Shit's crazy how long they've been in the league. It's just too bad only TD is earning his paycheck.

BatManu20
12-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Pop ain't lying, tbh.

Cry Havoc
12-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Kobe was tough to deal with when he was on teams loaded with talent, for sure.

Kawhitstorm
12-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Key word: "Memories"

lefty
12-01-2015, 02:01 PM
As I said, Prime Kobe raped the Spurms :lol

DMC
12-01-2015, 03:38 PM
Kobe was tough to deal with when he was on teams loaded with talent, for sure.
So was Adam Morrison.

DMC
12-01-2015, 03:39 PM
Kobe is a faggot, nothing more.

Ice009
12-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Pop went to Kobe's house in the 2004 off-season to see if he had any interest in signing with the Spurs. So I think it's safe to say that Pop was as fan of Kobe.

baseline bum
12-01-2015, 06:18 PM
All trolling aside, will be sad to see Kobe go. The guy, along with TD and KG are living time capsules back to my middle school days. Shit's crazy how long they've been in the league. It's just too bad only TD is earning his paycheck.

Yeah, I'm going to miss Kobe, though his career has been over since 2013. I'll always hate the Lakers, but I still watched most of their games in the threepeat era since I was living in LA and since it was amazing basketball. Shaq + Kobe is easily the greatest duo I have ever seen, damn that team was a fucking monster to try to match up with.

DJR210
12-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I'm going to miss Kobe, though his career has been over since 2013. I'll always hate the Lakers, but I still watched most of their games in the threepeat era since I was living in LA and since it was amazing basketball. Shaq + Kobe is easily the greatest duo I have ever seen, damn that team was a fucking monster to try to match up with.

Lakers Spurs is easily my favorite rivalry. Good memories.. :cry

baseline bum
12-01-2015, 06:35 PM

I liked Spurs-Suns better tbh :lol

The Gemini Method
12-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Class shown by Pop--It was a fun era.

FkLA
12-01-2015, 06:41 PM

Same here. There were always those bandwagon retards in class, that had never stepped foot in Cali who cheered for the Lakers during that rivalry...so there was a lot of back and forth shit talking material throughout the years. I was so salty after 0.4 that I almost got into a fight over it tbh. :lol

DJR210
12-01-2015, 06:47 PM

Beating the Suns at their own game was great, but I never feared them like I did Shaq's Lakers.

DJR210
12-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Same here. There were always those bandwagon retards in class, that had never stepped foot in Cali who cheered for the Lakers during that rivalry...so there was a lot of back and forth shit talking material throughout the years. I was so salty after 0.4 that I almost got into a fight over it tbh. :lol

If I was at a bar I would have gotten into shit over 0.4, that's for fucking sure. 150% guaranteed some cholo douchebags would have been there w/ their thick bean mustaches talking shit about how good the Lakers are, it would have been inevitable. Was looking for shit all drunk after we got bounced out by the Grizzlies, but there's no Memphis fans in SA :cry

Koolaid_Man
12-01-2015, 07:17 PM
No one wants to talk bout this knowledge you spittin :toast

Hakeem Olajuwon said it best....the 2 guard position is the toughest position in all of basketball...and this is coming from a 4/ 5 position player...who in my view was 10x the player Tim Duncan ever was....its not even close comparing Hakeem who was far far superior offensively and defensively to Tim...but back to your point Tim Duncan had it easy...while the whole world was gunning for Kobe...every single night....his body gave out because he simply gave more..look at the global impact on the game...people around the world in every country from Asia, China especially China :lol, the Middle East, just about every country in Europe, South America, Africa you name it they all worship Kobe....

The US business moguls from Apple CEO, Facebook, Oprah Winfrey, billionaires such as Richard Branson, Warren Buffet, etc all doing business with and mentoring Kobe...all of the Hollywood elites love Kobe....Floyd Mayweather, Manny Paqucio and atheletes from across all sports such as football, baseball etc all point to Kobe as their inspiration....99% of the All-time greats such as MJ, Kareem, Dr J, Larry Bird, Magic, even Red Auerbach's daughter all have Kobe ranked behind MJ....99% of current players including every rookie class since 2000 all have Kobe as their favorite player and the consensus #2 behind MJ....almost every Olympic atheistic from every country in the world all love Kobe..shit don't make me bump all my old threads on how all those white female Olympians from the Swim teams, to the Vollyball teams to the soccer teams all going crazy over that nigga when he steps into the building...I'm jealous as fuck of this nigga :lol

But my point is simple...Tim Duncan pales in comparison to Kobe....its not even close in the grand scheme of things...that's why I let Spur fans have their moment...deep inside they know Tim is not on Kobes level...and if they don't they're delusional...what I've just layed out is proof...Tim plays in pressure less Market...where court side seats sell for as low as 13 cents :lol no way the accomplishments are the same...every night as you mentioned teams ran 2 and 3 athletic wing defenders at Kobe at all times...some of the games most atheletic and competitive players we've ever seen...

From MJ, to Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Steve Nash, Tracy Mcgrady, Allen Iverson, Dwade, Lebron James, Mike Bobby, Ron Artest, Tony Allen, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Bruce Bowen, Doug Christie, Rueben Patterson, Grant Hill, Jason Richardson, Vince Carter, Jason Kidd, Jamal Masburn, Jimmy Jackson, Kevin Durant, Westbrook, and on and on and on and on....

What's even more astounding aside from the partial list of tough players Kobe had to defend and play against is the fact that once he got past those athletic players he had to deal with the bigs down low from the 3 to the 5 positions and boy did he ever...thats why I laugh my ass off when people like DPG, Splits, Midnight Pulp, DMC, and KillaKobe say that Duncan was a better player and had a better career..especially in light of position played, title defense :lol and Olympic team contribution...the level of ignorance they show is astounding....

But like I said let them have their moment :lmao

baseline bum
12-01-2015, 07:29 PM
If I was at a bar I would have gotten into shit over 0.4, that's for fucking sure. 150% guaranteed some cholo douchebags would have been there w/ their thick bean mustaches talking shit about how good the Lakers are, it would have been inevitable. Was looking for shit all drunk after we got bounced out by the Grizzlies, but there's no Memphis fans in SA :cry

LOL I watched that game at a fucking sports book in Mexico. Imagine how pissed you were by Fisher's bullshit, then imagine you lost money too in a building full of Laker fans. :lol

lefty20
12-02-2015, 06:37 AM

Prolly cuz we kept beating them like a drum. Lakers were a legit challenge, they actually fought back.