PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike VAC

Marklar MM
09-19-2005, 03:10 PM
So anyone else here play CS. I think I am fucking done with them. I seriously am pissed off with Valve right now. Well if you wanna know, I was banned from all VAC servers from basically every game that is played online with Valve, for hacking. Only problem is I haven't hacked on any Steam platform. STUPID STUPID STUPID. I seriously think they should have just stayed with the old system, ala 1.5 style, so you wouldn't have to buy a new game when you forget your fucking login information.

Here the an email I sent them.

"Hi. I will make this as short as possible. So I log into my account today; Monday, September 19th, 2005, as on any other day, and what do I see when I go to play on my favorite server.

"Connection Refused - VAC

You cannot connect to the selected server, because it is running in VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat) secure mode.

This Steam account has been banned from secure servers du to a cheating infraction."

That is funny. I don't recall ever hacking a game in Steam. I guess it really just goes to show how bad the game has gotten. Anything to make a buck I guess by Valve. "Oh what, you forgot your steam account password...oh well. You better buy another copy of(enter game name here). Valve knows very well that 99% of people won't take the time of day to mail them all their shit, then wait weeks to MAYBE get their new cd key and such. Fucking bullshit. Steam is the worst idea that valve has ever made. The only person that knows my account is a guy that I have played with for 5+ years. "Why was he sharing my account you?" may be asking yourselves. One easy fucking answer...he had to reformat his computer, and he forgot his login password. He did not want to shell out more money for a game that has gone down hill since 1.6 came out. Same thing happened to me, so I took my friends cd-key because he didn't play anymore. I am saddened at how Valve only cares about money when they have a very devoted fanbase of millions of gamers, and won't take the time of day to even look into stuff. Hell, this shit about reporting hackers. Do you guys even look into the matter and actually see if they are hacking, or if the person reporting them just thinks they are hacking because they are doing good.

I am fucking done with this shit. I could care less if my account is left banned, because I probably won't ever play again because of how shitty the game has gotten.

Thanks for the time of day that you probably did not put into this complaint from a devoted player of 7 years.

P.S.*If a woman is reading this, please just walk right up to Valves CEO/President, and sock him right mouth. Let him feel how the gaming community feels every time they have to buy another fucking copy of Counter-Strike because they forget their login info, get wrongly banned, and all that shit.

TY,
A very pissed off player of 7 years."

Marklar MM
09-19-2005, 03:13 PM
LOL. I made like 18 grammatical mistakes. Oh well, I guess it adds to the anger portion.

Marklar MM
09-19-2005, 03:15 PM
hahaha you play online games? And you're a pistons fan?

sorry

:cry :flipoff :wtf :huh

Way to add insult to injury.

Vashner
09-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Battlefield 2 is the hot thing...

MaNuMaNiAc
09-19-2005, 03:21 PM
I play CS, and I have just one thing to say to you... WRITE YOUR ACCOUNT PASSWORD DOWN!!!! You're not going to get any reply from Valve with that letter. First, its badly written, secondly you did nothign but insult them.

Marklar MM
09-19-2005, 03:29 PM
I play CS, and I have just one thing to say to you... WRITE YOUR ACCOUNT PASSWORD DOWN!!!! You're not going to get any reply from Valve with that letter. First, its badly written, secondly you did nothign but insult them.

I don't really care. I was banned for supposedly hacking, and I really am just pissed with them. I could care less, as I wrote in the email, that I could care less if they responded because I most likely would not play the game again.

Marklar MM
09-21-2005, 06:12 PM
LMAO. I got a response back.

"Response (Bob) 09/20/2005 02:25 PM
Hello,
Your account has been banned by VAC because it has been detected cheating on a VAC enabled server. Custom skins, sounds, etc. will not get you banned. You can still play single-player games or on non-secure servers through Steam (you can filter the server list in Steam to show "Insecure Servers" only (from the main Steam menu -> Servers -> Anti-Cheat -> "Insecure Only"). We will not disclose the cheats that were detected running on your system or the date and time the infraction took place. We will not unban your account. Use of your Steam account is your own responsibility."

They definitely have the best customer service. :) Fast response. Other than that, I wish I knew the exact specifications of why I was banned, and not this vague stuff.

Boo
09-21-2005, 10:27 PM
wow you play cs at age 20+ ?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
09-21-2005, 10:30 PM
wow you play cs at age 20+ ?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

apparently alot of people do

I've never heard of it till last year and never played it, but i hear its basically like online halo, with minor differences

Why is that so juvenile? If i knew where my Starcraft CD was, i'd still be playing that bitch online like no other..

Cant_Be_Faded
09-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Thispego and I used to be Starcraft addicts

orhe
09-21-2005, 11:02 PM
starcraft and CS :))
i haven't played CS Online for a while now...

Chris
09-22-2005, 12:20 AM
A cheater got your cd-key most likely through a cd key generator. For whatever reason he obtained your Won ID and hacked under that account. Valve has no way of accounting for these things due to evidence. If they had an ip tracker they could ascertain as to if it was you or some lamer using hacks. This has been a problem ever since Steam came out and I agree with you about the WON server system. Half-Life sold out and it sucks. Sorry about your bad luck. Only thing I can suggest is looking for a cd key generator which you can do with a clear conscience seeing as how you got fucked by the sytem. Good luck.

EDIT PS: I have several extra cd keys thanks to Valve's Half-Life multipack edition. I have no use for them so PM me for one.

TDMVPDPOY
09-22-2005, 01:22 AM
Maybe u dl sum bs programs that had a keylogger :(, thats what hackers use to get ur keys

Useruser666
09-22-2005, 07:43 AM
I've played...

Call of Duty
Call of Duty United Offensive <- The BEST!
Halo
Red Faction
Unreal 1+2
Quake 1+2+3
Battlefield 1+2+Vietnam
Doom 1+2+3
Far Cry
MechWarrior
MOHA +PA +BT
SOF

And a number of ones I can't even remember.

ShoogarBear
09-22-2005, 08:56 AM
hahaha you play online games? And you're a pistons fan?

sorry

LMAO, because this is the only post in this entire thread that I understand.

Everything else you guys said is complete gobbledygook to me.

Man, am I old.

Marklar MM
09-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Nah. It was probably the guy that used my account. But CS is really going downhill. They try to make it hacker proof...doesn't really work. But what it did do was make it 10x less convenient for the people playing.