PDA

View Full Version : Cavs: Great SI article on Lebron

Killakobe81
12-02-2015, 09:35 AM
Some great stuff. for story click here (http://www.si.com/nba/2015/12/01/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-kobe-bryant-stephen-curry-dwyane-wade)

“Leading takes energy, and you can’t get tired of it,” Jones implored. “You can’t do your work at home. You have to do it here. You have to show them what it looks like.” James tried to demonstrate how he trains and recovers, but his knee and back wouldn’t let him. “That was the toughest thing,” he says. “I was teaching and preaching—telling them how hard I’m going to work, how I’m going to bust my ass—but I couldn’t really do it because I was hurting.” He fretted for the team but also for himself. “Why can’t I get to that spot anymore?” he asked Mancias, his longtime trainer. “I used to get to that spot.”

Great example of leadership and drive.

Killakobe81
12-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Some more ...

When James was in high school and players were ranked by magazines, he was forever No. 1. He would scan the names below his and imagine those faceless kids, where they were and what they were doing to eclipse him. In the NBA he can more easily track his pursuers. Derrick Rose was on his heels in 2011, Kevin Durant in ’12, Paul George in ’13. None caught up. Calling James the greatest player in the world was so obvious, it became a cliché.

But here comes Steph Curry, for the second year in a row, putting the NBA in his personal incinerator. “I hear the chatter about who is the best player in the league,” James says. “I see the guys who are barreling down. That locks me in even more.” So he logs 39 minutes against the Knicks and 45 the next night against the Bucks. He plays the whole fourth quarter against the Raptors. He undergoes daily back therapy to make this possible. He talks longingly of 70 wins. “If I’m able to link up with Pop in the afterlife, we can sit down and drink some wine and I can ask him how to pace,” he says. “The Spurs know how to pace perfection. I haven’t figured that out yet.” He ticks off personal shortcomings. “Don’t box out sometimes, allow guys to get offensive rebounds, allow guys to backdoor cut on me....

The bold is what i always wanted to hear from James. It's not cocky or arrogant he wants to stay the best. wont root for James but wont root against him. Really wish he could catch MJ though...thos debates would be great.