PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green with the -2.25RPM

dabom
12-02-2015, 05:21 PM
#49 in shooting guards and #303 overall. I hope he picks it up tbh.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/8/sort/RPM

apalisoc_9
12-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Hes looked good defensively the last 4-5 games. Him trying to penetrate is still killing his offense and the team in general though

look_at_g_shred
12-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Hes looked good defensively the last 4-5 games. Him trying to penetrate is still killing his offense and the team in general though
I agree. He's passing (literally) up a bunch of opportunities. We are seeing this season him pass up his normal shots. I'm wondering if it's the fact they are trying so hard to make LMA feel involved in the offense. Whatever it is, he's going to eventually need to start taking those shots because are offense relies heavily on his shooting.

dabom
12-02-2015, 05:48 PM
He has good defensive processions but then has dumb ones. Average at best defensively. Him expanding his role and trying to attack the basket allows other teams to attack the transition. He needs to take the 3 and get back on defense first if you miss.

DeRozan m8
12-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Its just something that comes with a 3&D player....

They're killer when they're "on", but not left with much on offense if the shots not falling.

Mikeanaro
12-02-2015, 07:04 PM
DG can have all the D you guys talk about, but as long as his offense stinks we are gonna have a lot of troubles, its been always like that if he makes his 3 maybe 4 treys we win 95% of the time.
Offense is the issue here, and in my opinion at this point of the season (early december) his D sucks.

LakerHater
12-03-2015, 12:53 AM
19 games in & hes still strugglin!
Thats not a cold streak, he woulda snapped that after 5-7 games!

Darius Bieber
12-03-2015, 12:57 AM
Yeah it's getting pretty worrisome at this point.

spurtech09
12-03-2015, 01:07 AM
Yeah it's getting pretty worrisome at this point.Maybe he is hurt?

spurtech09
12-03-2015, 01:09 AM
No doubt about it Danny does not look the same.....Did you see him shoot that wide open 3 pt shot and than it got stuck on the side of the rim lol......

12-03-2015, 01:53 AM
Not sure what it is, but it started last season..him feeling more confident in handle and driving more. Not sure if Pop has given him the green light to drive and he's just doing what he's always wanted to do but didn't have the liberty to do in the past... or if Pop is directing him to put the ball on the floor, either way he needs to stop. One to two dribbles to pass the ball or shoot are the only times he should put the ball on the floor.

SAGirl
12-03-2015, 02:11 AM
Not sure what it is, but it started last season..him feeling more confident in handle and driving more. Not sure if Pop has given him the green light to drive and he's just doing what he's always wanted to do but didn't have the liberty to do in the past... or if Pop is directing him to put the ball on the floor, either way he needs to stop. One to two dribbles to pass the ball or shoot are the only times he should put the ball on the floor.
Pop has had to have given him the green light. No way does he go on with what he's doing for so many games without Pop's approval.

I think Pop had to give him a chance considering Ginobili's age, possible retirement, and anticipated rest. Pop will probably make adjustments depending on how that went at about the time of the season when the team starts to really get ready for the way they will go into the playoffs. Whatever didn't work during the RS they will cut out and focus on the team's strengths. I still expect more Danny drives during the RS.

With Simmons' emergence as an option at SG though, Pop will probably go to whoever the situation calls for in real games.

DeRozan m8
12-03-2015, 05:46 AM
Imagine we actually had a decent SG, or even a SG for that matter, we're basically operating without one and still getting the job done for the most part.

Doesn't help when we're playing the better teams though.

Seventyniner
12-03-2015, 10:51 AM
It's possible that a low-usage player like Danny finds it harder to adjust to a new system than someone who takes more shots. In-game reps are key and Danny just doesn't get as many as Kawhi/Aldridge/Tony. Tim and Manu have enough talent and experience to not need that rep volume imo, and the other bench players are struggling too.

Kawhitstorm
12-03-2015, 11:50 AM
He's out there lookin' like Andre Roberson but once he gets it going the offense will be top 5.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-03-2015, 11:54 AM
I cringe whenever he tries to drive, looks like Bruce Bowen, tbh

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2015, 11:59 AM

He was #12 in the entire NBA in RPM, last year, even ahead of Duncan..

His adjustment was always going to be more difficult than anybody else, but not to this extent, it's strange..

dgspursforlife
12-03-2015, 01:02 PM
I think it's got a lot to do with that he initially was getting different looks then he used to. I mean he was this catch and shoot guy and know he is gettig a lot of looks where he needs to reset after the catch. And that caused his confidence to plummet.
But all those drives he's doing aren't helping. He should just take all those shots even if they are half-contested. I believe once he has had a good game he'll be fine again. Thank god his defense has improved from last year.

ChumpDumper
12-03-2015, 01:14 PM
The new edgy ST whipping boy.

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2015, 01:22 PM

Not really, tbh..last year was probably the first season(IIRC) where there wasn't a 3-4 week stretch of a high % of posters making anti-Green threads..

MaNu4Tres
12-03-2015, 01:30 PM
I'll be bumping this thread when Green has a ridiculous month where he shoots over 55% from 3 at 4-5 attempts per game.

Only a matter of time.

SAGirl
12-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Not really, tbh..last year was probably the first season(IIRC) where there wasn't a 3-4 week stretch of a high % of posters making anti-Green threads..
I wasnt here for many years back, but just remember the Tony hate consumed the forum all year... there wasn't much hate left for anyone else. :lol Still spilling over to this season despite Tony playing well.

dabom
12-03-2015, 06:11 PM

Just a Spurs fan. I'm sorry if people don't want to hear the truth. Not anti green or anything. Not anti porker. Just pointing out the obvious and people call that an agenda. Just stick to your shtick next time.:lmao

ChumpDumper
12-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Just a Spurs fan. I'm sorry if people don't want to hear the truth. Not anti green or anything. Not anti porker. Just pointing out the obvious and people call that an agenda. Just stick to your shtick next time.:lmaoAll you have is your agendas and emoticons.

I'm sorry you're in denial about that.

dabom
12-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Stay cum shielding. :lmao

12-03-2015, 06:17 PM
I wasnt here for many years back, but just remember the Tony hate consumed the forum all year... there wasn't much hate left for anyone else. :lol Still spilling over to this season despite Tony playing well.
During the 13-14 season, people wanted Marco to start over Danny

12-03-2015, 06:18 PM
He was #12 in the entire NBA in RPM, last year, even ahead of Duncan..

His adjustment was always going to be more difficult than anybody else, but not to this extent, it's strange..
I didn't mean he had a bad year, just that I noticed he starting putting the ball on the floor more.

ChumpDumper
12-03-2015, 06:32 PM
Stay cum shielding. :lmaoWhat does that even mean in this context?

T Park
12-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Stay cum shielding. :lmao

Bet poindexter here is a real hit with the ladies.