PDA

View Full Version : NBA: That's it, teams just have to trap Curry when he gets it going

Kawhitstorm
12-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Trap Curry & make him give up the ball to Draymond. When Draymond tries to penetrate, have someone rotate to the paint then the defender that was originally guarding Draymond should rotate to the open guy.

The Cavs tried a similar tactic but the guy that was originally guarding Draymond (Tristan) didn't rotate to the open guy (Iggy) when Mozgov rotated off Iggy to prevent Draymond from cakewalking for a layup. Instead they just gave Iggy an open shot. It similar to the Heatles scrambling defense so it will take a lot out of the defense thus can't be used for 48 minutes.

Chef Curry
12-02-2015, 09:38 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/11aitZSSRhHYuQ/giphy.gif

Buddy Mignon
12-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Why don't you just put Kiwi Retard on him.

12-02-2015, 10:53 PM
When he can just walk it up the court and launch it I don't think there much you can do. Also the last guy you want to trap curry with is Draymonds man. Any other big and I agree.

ElNono
12-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Why don't you just put Kiwi Retard on him.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/2V1XSfB7TCgKrvQyccMH2dEYDLM=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3576930/spurs_dubs.0.gif

Kawhitstorm
12-03-2015, 11:59 AM
When he can just walk it up the court and launch it I don't think there much you can do. Also the last guy you want to trap curry with is Draymonds man. Any other big and I agree.

I'm talking about trapping him when he's trying to run PnRs w/ Draymond. You can't give him any airspace when he's coming off a pick thus the only solution is switching or trapping but most PF/Cs have no chance against Curry so switches are the only viable option. Anthony Davis, Ibaka, Millsap or Bosh are the only PF/Cs that can hang w/ Curry & bother him w/ their length. Blake is mobile but he has short arms.

Mitch
12-03-2015, 12:23 PM
:lol what happened to Green or Leonard nullifying Curry?

~O~
12-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Great....we're right back to step one which was already answeredDefeating the warriors is going to take more than trapping defense. The clippers, Cleveland in the finals, already tried that. Other teams also tried cleverly trapping on near sideline screen's just like the Heat would do to front courts. The warriors run an offense that makes opponents forget curry is a point guard. He'll defer to his teammates. Then who's going to guard them?

Team defense

Horse
12-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Trap Curry & make him give up the ball to Draymond. When Draymond tries to penetrate, have someone rotate to the paint then the defender that was originally guarding Draymond should rotate to the open guy.

The Cavs tried a similar tactic but the guy that was originally guarding Draymond (Tristan) didn't rotate to the open guy (Iggy) when Mozgov rotated off Iggy to prevent Draymond from cakewalking for a layup. Instead they just gave Iggy an open shot. It similar to the Heatles scrambling defense so it will take a lot out of the defense thus can't be used for 48 minutes.

Have to make him play D and punish that little fuck for coming in the lane. Lebron and a couple bums off the street gave them all they could handle I'm not scared fuck curry.

jermaine
12-03-2015, 04:32 PM
One thing you have to realize.... Sometimes a person (Curry) is just good as fuck!! It's that negus time right now. Simple as that.

Kawhitstorm
12-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Great....we're right back to step one which was already answeredDefeating the warriors is going to take more than trapping defense. The clippers, Cleveland in the finals, already tried that. Other teams also tried cleverly trapping on near sideline screen's just like the Heat would do to front courts. The warriors run an offense that makes opponents forget curry is a point guard. He'll defer to his teammates. Then who's going to guard them?

Team defense

Would you rather have Draymond shooting floaters or Curry taking 3s when he's in video game mode? Teams can still trap Curry & run Draymond off the 3 point line but they would have to give Draymond an uncontested floater. It worked for the Cavs until David Lee showed Draymond to pass the ball to the corner when Mozgov was camping in the paint. The solution to that is to have one of the defenders trapping Curry to rotate to the corner b/c there is no point in double teaming Curry when he doesn't have the ball. It would take a lot out of a team to do that but it is doable for a 6 minute stretch or so.

~O~
12-03-2015, 11:51 PM
Would you rather have Draymond shooting floaters or Curry taking 3s when he's in video game mode? Teams can still trap Curry & run Draymond off the 3 point line but they would have to give Draymond an uncontested floater. It worked for the Cavs until David Lee showed Draymond to pass the ball to the corner when Mozgov was camping in the paint. The solution to that is to have one of the defenders trapping Curry to rotate to the corner b/c there is no point in double teaming Curry when he doesn't have the ball. It would take a lot out of a team to do that but it is doable for a 6 minute stretch or so.

Draymond Green floaters, definitely but that's not the only option for Golden State. They could have Thompson and iggy do that or have them make up his volume of threes. Iggy is shooting them at 48%(54% on field goals) and even higher than curry. Even Draymond Green is shooting over league average, 38% threes.

Stephen Curry shadows his teammates legitimate play. Last night, Curry wasn't even playing point guard at one point on the court. They had'd Draymond Green of all players calling the plays and bringing the ball up court with Curry at shooting guard which was highly successful. That literally allows curry to get set up off ball for threes off the curl or on the hammer. Everyone on their team knows the plays...they've thought ahead.

Remember, everyone on their team knows how to cut or shoot a lane for a lob pass. Then..its curry off loose ball situations or offensive rebounds with second chance points. They'll get those points either way dude. They're undefeated for those various reasons including their bench dominating opponents even without Curry in the game.

Kawhitstorm
12-07-2015, 03:33 AM
Draymond Green floaters, definitely but that's not the only option for Golden State. They could have Thompson and iggy do that or have them make up his volume of threes. Iggy is shooting them at 48%(54% on field goals) and even higher than curry. Even Draymond Green is shooting over league average, 38% threes.

Stephen Curry shadows his teammates legitimate play. Last night, Curry wasn't even playing point guard at one point on the court. They had'd Draymond Green of all players calling the plays and bringing the ball up court with Curry at shooting guard which was highly successful. That literally allows curry to get set up off ball for threes off the curl or on the hammer. Everyone on their team knows the plays...they've thought ahead.

Remember, everyone on their team knows how to cut or shoot a lane for a lob pass. Then..its curry off loose ball situations or offensive rebounds with second chance points. They'll get those points either way dude. They're undefeated for those various reasons including their bench dominating opponents even without Curry in the game.

-Again don't leave anyone open thus Draymond has no choice but to be a scorer, if Klay/Iggy want to take contested 3s then go right ahead:lol

-Curry is more dangerous when he has the ball in his hands thus if they resort to playing him off the ball then it's the defense's benefit

-The Warriors aren't dominating when Curry is off the floor, just look at his plus/minus & how many times he bailed them out w/ a 3 during crunch time.

spurraider21
12-07-2015, 04:43 AM
curry is plenty dangerous without the ball in his hands. for instance, one of the best plays the warriors run is when they have curry set a screen off the ball then pop out, catch and shoot. they're more creative than you think. just saying "all u have to do is trap curry" isn't sufficient. you think nobody has thought of that?

for instance, from yesterday's game, look at the play at 1:32. i know he normally won't get that open, but it does put the defense in a really tough spot, and he can generally get a shot of from that play with his quick release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXa63JMvKg

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2015, 07:21 AM

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2015, 07:22 AM

Shaking on your boots :lmao

DMC
12-07-2015, 09:45 AM
Is this what Lakers fan has fallen to: dick-riding any player in the league since Kobe is embarrassing the fuck out of LA?

Mitch
12-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Is this what Lakers fan has fallen to: dick-riding any player in the league since Kobe is embarrassing the fuck out of LA?

Take a break, lardass, your reading comprehension has gown down the shitter.

DMC
12-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Take a break, lardass, your reading comprehension has gown down the shitter.
gown?

Mitch
12-07-2015, 02:09 PM
gown?

This retard can't even use deductive reasoning along with his shitty reading comprehension. Throw that on your sausage fingers and I would assume you were a spic.

DMC
12-07-2015, 02:28 PM
This retard can't even use deductive reasoning along with his shitty reading comprehension. Throw that on your sausage fingers and I would assume you were a spic.

You're one salty immigrant. Did you swim over?

Mitch
12-07-2015, 02:48 PM
You're one salty immigrant. Did you swim over?

My hands are whiter than this, frijolero.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/DMCHand_zps86eecc97.jpg

DeRozan m8
12-07-2015, 04:01 PM
That last steal http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

And that baseball throw http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gifhttp://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gifhttp://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePw4iiV8yzs

DMC
12-07-2015, 04:22 PM
My hands are whiter than this, frijolero.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/DMCHand_zps86eecc97.jpg

No doubt from the salt.

Mitch
12-07-2015, 04:37 PM
No doubt from the salt.

Looks like you have a little too much salt in your diet you puffy little border bunny.

DMC
12-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Looks like you have a little too much salt in your diet you puffy little border bunny.

Spoken like a true male nurse.

Mitch
12-07-2015, 05:26 PM
How so? I'm not pretending to be a big shot gambler & jetsetter while cleaning bed pans :lol

Spoken like a true male nurse.

Killakobe81
12-07-2015, 05:31 PM
One note of caution for dem Warriors the Pierce/KG celts started 27-2 after winning the title in 2008. But KG went down and so did their title hopes ...
Protecting steph is more important than win streaks, MVP awards catching the Bulls. I know he wont want to but if they hit 30 if they havent already I would rest, Steph. Draymond too. They are the keys. Especially if at 31 they are playing the Lakers or the Sixers ...

~O~
12-07-2015, 06:03 PM
You guys do not realize that the Warriors have blown out 15 of their 22 opponents this season and lead in differential? They're rested. All their output comes in either the first quarter to first half.

All Stephen Curry does is shoot on most attempts which is less exhausting then barreling into players and dunking. In fact, the entire team doesn't use much of their athleticism to win the game. Specifically, their guards. Its a shootout.

Golden State is a young team team.

http://s20.postimg.org/wxqpalral/Capture.png

They don't have to rest anything. Elite players usually have a "no days off" mentallity. Kerr probably mentioned it to them. In other words, no player is above the team to receive rest at the end of the season spoiled reasons like they're more important then the rest of the other players. The only case in which this works is only if your stars are aged like the Spurs, Mid 2000's Pistons, late 2000's celts.

Last year, despite having edged out the rest of the league easily for the best record, Curry only missed two games and they weren't at the end of the season. He closed the season. Knowing him, he wouldn't want to be off the court.

If you're not injured, your ass is getting out there and playing.

This whole situation of not being rested enough is misperceived since all teams equally play 82 games. Its about the team who finishes their opponent off earlier and isn't in a extended dogfight.

Trainwreck2100
12-07-2015, 06:10 PM
One note of caution for dem Warriors the Pierce/KG celts started 27-2 after winning the title in 2008. But KG went down and so did their title hopes ...
Protecting steph is more important than win streaks, MVP awards catching the Bulls. I know he wont want to but if they hit 30 if they havent already I would rest, Steph. Draymond too. They are the keys. Especially if at 31 they are playing the Lakers or the Sixers ...

The Spurs only being 4 back is probably also a factor. If it was something like 8 they might have rested some of them. They shouldn't need all their guys against the likes of the nets

Killakobe81
12-07-2015, 06:11 PM
You guys do not realize that the Warriors have blown out 15 of their 22 opponents this season and lead in differential? They're rested. All their output comes in either the first quarter to first half.

All Stephen Curry does is shoot on most attempts which is less exhausting then barreling into players and dunking. In fact, the entire team doesn't use much of their athleticism to win the game. Specifically, their guards. Its a shootout.

Golden State is a young team team.

http://s20.postimg.org/wxqpalral/Capture.png

They don't have to rest anything. Elite players usually have a "no days off" mentallity. Kerr probably mentioned it to them. In other words, no player is above the team to receive rest at the end of the season spoiled reasons like they're more important then the rest of the other players. The only case in which this works is only if your stars are aged like the Spurs, Mid 2000's Pistons, late 2000's celts.

Last year, despite having edged out the rest of the league easily for the best record, Curry only missed two games and they weren't at the end of the season. He closed the season. Knowing him, he wouldn't want to be off the court.

If you're not injured, your ass is getting out there and playing.

This whole situation of not being rested enough is misperceived since all teams equally play 82 games. Its about the team who finishes their opponent off earlier and isn't in a extended dogfight.

Mental fatigue is almost as big a concern as the physical. I think the Warriors have a great chance to repeat. And it's because they have done EXACTLY what you have said. But I do think a chase of 72 and not offering key guys rest could be a mistake. You say they are young but they just went on their first extended playoff run. You are right physical and mental fatigue should be less an issue then say the Heat when they went to 4 straight Finals but I wouldnt dismiss it entirely.

Good news is Kerr talked about the lack of grueling practices when the season starts. So while Byron's dumbass is running a crappy team down, Kerr is keeping his team fresh in the ways you mention plus keeping practices light. But an extended injury for Curry or Green is fatal so I would consider a few games rest for both. But odds are they will get nicked up at some point so they could just rest them as they heal from something ...we will see how LukeKerr play it.

Killakobe81
12-07-2015, 06:16 PM
The Spurs only being 4 back is probably also a factor. If it was something like 8 they might have rested some of them. They shouldn't need all their guys against the likes of the nets

Exactly. But long win streaks like that are fun and dominating but you almost want to take one at some point just to re-focus the team. Call it the Pats syndrome but watching them lose after 18 straight wins should remind us all how much more important the finish is over the start.

As for the Spurs. I hear analysts and people on here pointing at the we are only 4 games back despite their start... but look at the flip side.

Spurs have what their 2nd best start (?) and yet they are already 4 games out 20 games in. Spurs shouldnt drive the Dubs. Dubs should be driving the Spurs to keep doing better.

Killakobe81
12-07-2015, 06:18 PM
It's like getting two Kings on the deal in Blackjack but the dealer has a queen showing. Your hand looks good until they flip that 2nd card ...and it's an ace.

Spurs have been great . Dubs have been better.

dbestpro
12-07-2015, 06:43 PM
You must crowd thew shooters, cause them to drive, and if you are going to foul, do it like the Pistons use to do. The NBA today is a soft jump shooting league. Paul Westhead would be a god in today's NBA.

DMC
12-07-2015, 10:49 PM
How so? I'm not pretending to be a big shot gambler & jetsetter while cleaning bed pans :lol
:lol

DMC
12-07-2015, 10:51 PM
It's like getting two Kings on the deal in Blackjack but the dealer has a queen showing. Your hand looks good until they flip that 2nd card ...and it's an ace.

Spurs have been great . Dubs have been better.

What gave it away?