PDA

View Full Version : NBA Roundtable: Kawhi, Butler, Draymond, or George?

SPURt
12-02-2015, 11:42 PM
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/12/02/blogtable-has-leonard-green-george-or-butler-developed-most/?ls=iref:nba:specials:homepage:t1

Looks like Kawhi gets the majority of the votes.

steeledl
12-02-2015, 11:44 PM
Post this on reddit.com/r/nba. Them niggas hate when you compare kwahi to Paul George. Shits dumb. THey act like George is a whole step above him.

SpursIndonesia
12-02-2015, 11:49 PM
Kawhi and George are the better no. 1 option, but if you have a Steph Curry or Bron, Draymond Green would be the best fit. Butler is out of this conversation until he can make some noise first in the post season (George at least has made it to the conference final as the leader of his team).

Nathan89
12-03-2015, 12:16 AM
Kawhi, George, Green, Butler

If the conversation is even close between Kawhi and Green then the Spurs don't have a chance vs GS. I honestly think the gap between the two is significant though. Green benefits a ton from playing with Curry and a ton of talent though.

SpurPadre
12-03-2015, 12:19 AM
Post this on reddit.com/r/nba. Them niggas hate when you compare kwahi to Paul George. Shits dumb. THey act like George is a whole step above him.

Durant is probably the webmaster there.

Cry Havoc
12-03-2015, 12:39 AM
On a limited offensive team, I'd take George. On a team with multiple weapons, I'd take Kawhi. On a team with a thin frontcourt (GSW), I'd take Green. Green is probably a half echelon under Kawhi and George though, who are elite. Butler is a full tier below everyone here.

I think right now George is probably playing the best overall but Kawhi is a more complete player. It's been decades since I've seen a wing who's able to influence the game on defense like he can.

Edit: Didn't see the question. Biggest leap forward is unquestionably Kawhi. From a defensive role playing wing to MVP candidate? That's a massive leap.

Nathan89
12-03-2015, 12:48 AM
I know it's common for people to say that Green is a better fit for GSW than Kawhi but I'd still take Kawhi. Teams are forced to leave Green open at the three and Kawhi would shoot that better. Green sucking is basically what teams need to happen to beat that team. Kawhi would be shooting open threes and driving against a shifting defense something that he did in both finals. GSW would be much more unstoppable with Kawhi imo.

100%duncan
12-03-2015, 01:01 AM
Biggest improvement
1. Kawhi
2. Draymond
3. Butler
4. George (he was hyped up before, playing mvp-levelish also before injury)

Best player
1. Kawhi
2. George
3. Butler
4. Green

loveforthegame
12-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Biggest leap forward is unquestionably Kawhi. From a defensive role playing wing to MVP candidate? That's a massive leap.

This.

I can't say enough about him. And he hasn't even peaked yet.

YGWHI
12-03-2015, 10:47 AM
Kawhi's ceiling is higher, and he's more coachable/less diva attitude...

We will never hear Kawhi questioning his coaches and teammates in public, zero baby momma drama/naked drunk pics/nightclub fights/Hollywood high-profile... he's a future franchise cornerstone that many teams in the league would be proud to have.

I'll take him over PG/Green/Butler all day :flag:

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2015, 12:02 PM
:lol why is Draymond Green in this discussion?

Not knocking him as a player, he's the 2nd best player on a historic team and top 20 in the league, but his style of play and situation is completely different than the other 3 guys..

LaMarcus Bryant
12-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Green is so overrated

KDKSpurs24
12-03-2015, 12:23 PM
:lol why is Draymond Green in this discussion?

Not knocking him as a player, he's the 2nd best player on a historic team and top 20 in the league, but his style of play and situation is completely different than the other 3 guys..

This is about who's development has been the most surprising. Not who is the best. So Draymond should definitely be in this discussion based on the fact that he became an elite defender and a guy that can knock down the three ball and get triple doubles. I personally would have never expected that from him.

All Mighty Janitor
12-03-2015, 12:28 PM
1: Kawhi
2: George
3/4: Butler or Dray
I don't see much difference in Kawhi and PG offensive ability. I pretty sure they are both playing at an unsustainable level (just their 3pt%) but PG just doesn't have the diverse scoring skill set that kawhi does. He relies more on his 3pt shot and, when it regresses to the mean, he will have the bigger drop off. Passing is a wash, because while Kawhi isn't as good playmaker as George(in terms of volume) he keeps his turnovers (WAY) down. Defensively, I'd go with Kawhi in every way except guarding point guards. So Kawhi comes out on top.

I couldn't pick between the other two. It depends on the team. Dray raises the ceiling of a team a whole lot, but Butler raise the floor more than Dray.

Bartleby
12-03-2015, 12:30 PM
This is about who's development has been the most surprising. Not who is the best. So Draymond should definitely be in this discussion based on the fact that he became an elite defender and a guy that can knock down the three ball and get triple doubles. I personally would have never expected that from him.

Two questions, actually:

"Which player has surprised you the most with his development so far in the NBA? And, if you were an NBA GM, which of these four players would you move heaven and earth to trade for?"

KDKSpurs24
12-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Two questions, actually:

"Which player has surprised you the most with his development so far in the NBA? And, if you were an NBA GM, which of these four players would you move heaven and earth to trade for?"

Well yeah true. Read that blog yesterday and I forgot about that question. I think it's one of those 2 part questions that you include someone BECAUSE of the first question alone but know he does not fit the second.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Draymond should not be on this converstation.

George and Butler are similar players, kawhi is a different offensive player as he operates more in the 12-18 mark.

Butler obviously has the most unexpected improvement...I mean kawhi and George are first rounders. The former is already FMVP and a DPOY before this talk came and the latter alread made it to ECF as a lead.

George was already considered a top 8-12 player pre injury though so i have no idea why hes even in this discussion.

spursistan
12-03-2015, 12:47 PM
Why Green is even in this discussion? :lol take Curry, and his unprecedented gravitational pull, out of Warriors scheme and Draymond Green would look absolutely run of the mill even if you put a guy like CP3 playing with him....

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2015, 01:00 PM

I didn't click the link, that makes sense then..