PDA

View Full Version : Europe: The Media slobbering over Warriors/Curry is starting to get annoying..

spursistan
12-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Not even Lebron and Heatles have reached this pathetic level of " Media darling-ness", and I'm including the analytics types..

This ESPN stat nerd has been providing the most useless metrics/statistics on quotidian basis with regard to Curry...CROFL..Beacuse 30+ft shots are supposed to be standard playbook shots...

Silver&Black
12-03-2015, 06:00 PM
I agree on the 30+ ft shots being a dumbass stat to keep....

But, the "Media slobbering" is totally justified. Dude is absolutely killing it out there right now.

spursistan
12-03-2015, 06:08 PM
I agree on the 30+ ft shots being a dumbass stat to keep....

But, the "Media slobbering" is totally justified. Dude is absolutely killing it out there right now.

Again this dude, do i really need him to match a clearly sucking Harden performances with Curry career start to play it up..the whole is thing cringe-worthy..

spursistan
12-03-2015, 06:11 PM
many Twitter folks have actually called him out on these daily dump of useless stats :lol

Mr Bones
12-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Steph & the Warriors are literally making NBA history... it would be silly for the media not to cover it. It doesn't bother me at all. If the Warriors break all kinds of records and the Spurs beat them in the playoffs, it'll only be sweeter...

Cry Havoc
12-03-2015, 06:37 PM
Not even Lebron and Heatles have reached this pathetic level of " Media darling-ness", and I'm including the analytics types..

This ESPN stat nerd has been providing the most useless metrics/statistics on quotidian basis with regard to Curry...CROFL..Beacuse 30+ft shots are supposed to be standard playbook shots...

The fuck are you talking about? The Warriors are 20 and 0 and aside from the Jazz game have been absolutely eviscerating teams. Curry is the most unstoppable player I have ever seen in my life outside of a certain Chicago Bull.

We're seeing a transcendent team doing unprecedented things right now. This is literally what sports movies and documentaries are made about down the road. To make it even more dramatic/unexpected, it's happening to a team with historically one of the worst records in basketball history.

TD 21
12-03-2015, 06:42 PM
It was starting to last season; now it's full blown.

No one is suggesting it shouldn't be covered obviously, but no story should be relentlessly jammed down people's throats. I already have Warriors fatigue and they've only been at this level for a season plus.

Though increasingly common/seemingly acceptable in recent years, the national media should never come across as cheerleaders for a particular team/players.

spursistan
12-03-2015, 06:56 PM

No one is suggesting it shouldn't be covered obviously, but no story should be relentlessly jammed down people's throats. I already have Warriors fatigue and they've only been at this level for a season plus.

Though increasingly common/seemingly acceptable in recent years, the national media should never come across as cheerleaders for a particular team/players.
+1

the gist of what i wished to convey..

Cry Havoc
12-03-2015, 07:14 PM

How would you suggest the media covers a defending champion that is on an unprecedented, historic run with the greatest shooter in the history of basketball as their centerpiece?

The Warriors are playing some timeless, beautiful basketball just after winning a title. This stuff quite simply writes itself. The media will promote anything that people will read or tune into. Right now they're promoting the team that everyone is watching.

Not sure if you guys are old enough to remember the 2000 St Louis Rams. The Greatest Show on Turf got much of the same coverage. That's how it is. You can rail against it all you want but it seems a bit petulant, considering it's nothing new and also completely unavoidable. It's also happening to a team that -- hello -- completely deserves the level of praise they're getting. They're ending games by midway through the 3rd quarter right now, on a nightly basis.

spursistan
12-03-2015, 07:18 PM
:lol

Cry Havoc
12-03-2015, 07:33 PM

Do you know why Starbucks serves 80 bazillion cups of coffee per day?

Because they appeal to people who don't care about coffee.

The NBA makes this shit for people who don't care about basketball, but they're tuning in for the show anyway.

Ridiculous? Of course. That's not the debate here. But they are marketing the product that's appealing to people who would never tune in otherwise. Lots of people would never watch MMA but got on the Ronda Rousey bandwagon, and many are on the Conor McGregor hype train as well.

DMC
12-03-2015, 07:43 PM
It's great that Curry is getting media attention. Golden State is long overdue for some. They've had one of the greatest fan bases in the NBA for quite some time, and haven't gotten much to show for it until recently. Anything that keeps the spotlight off that faggot in Staples so he just goes away unnoticed is good for the NBA. Steph is a generational talent where shooting is concerned, so as long as the Warriors are looking like a juggernaut, Curry deserves every bit of praise he's getting, just don't forget AI and the others. He doesn't.

DMC
12-03-2015, 07:46 PM
The fuck are you talking about? The Warriors are 20 and 0 and aside from the Jazz game have been absolutely eviscerating teams. Curry is the most unstoppable player I have ever seen in my life outside of a certain Chicago Bull.

We're seeing a transcendent team doing unprecedented things right now. This is literally what sports movies and documentaries are made about down the road. To make it even more dramatic/unexpected, it's happening to a team with historically one of the worst records in basketball history.
People won't realize what this was until it's over, but the Warriors are 20-0 the year AFTER winning a ring, WITHOUT their head coach. Chew on that.

Reck
12-03-2015, 07:56 PM
People won't realize what this was until it's over, but the Warriors are 20-0 the year AFTER winning a ring, WITHOUT their head coach. Chew on that.

And?

Coaches dont make you a sharp shooter, a killer on the court, etc..

Lebron has proven that time and again. How many shitty coaches has he played for and has still managed to make the team relevant after been bottom dwellers?

RD2191
12-03-2015, 08:00 PM
Dubs are trash. Spurs in 5.

spurraider21
12-03-2015, 08:03 PM
It's great that Curry is getting media attention. Golden State is long overdue for some. They've had one of the greatest fan bases in the NBA for quite some time, and haven't gotten much to show for it until recently. Anything that keeps the spotlight off that faggot in Staples so he just goes away unnoticed is good for the NBA. Steph is a generational talent where shooting is concerned, so as long as the Warriors are looking like a juggernaut, Curry deserves every bit of praise he's getting, just don't forget AI and the others. He doesn't.
But do you think Draymond fits?

Mr Bones
12-03-2015, 08:12 PM

OK, I'll agree with you on this one :lol

benefactor
12-03-2015, 08:13 PM
TD21 with the crybaby bads, per par. I don't know that there has been a more whiny poster in the history of this site.

It's pretty legendary what is happening with the Warriors. They may or may not be able to sustain it, but to not cover Curry at the level he is playing would be pretty irresponsible from a media perspective. Spur fan would have no problem with it if the shoe was on the other foot.

DeRozan m8
12-03-2015, 08:14 PM
The Warriors were a backcourt violation and missed under the ring shot away from losing to Brooklyn lmao

They have looked beatable for sure in games...people buying too much hype.
This is also a good time for them to peak for us

Cry Havoc
12-03-2015, 08:24 PM
The Warriors were a backcourt violation and missed under the ring shot away from losing to Brooklyn lmao

But.... they didn't lose.

Are we making fun of bad teams that title contenders lose to? I'm not sure you want to cast stones in that house. It's awfully transparent.

Shaolin-Style
12-03-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm happy for their success, I like that there's a really on fire team out there the spurs can wind up against and possibly take down a notch

baseline bum
12-03-2015, 08:36 PM
They're the champs and they're 20-0. They deserve the knob slobbing from the media.

DMC
12-03-2015, 08:41 PM
But do you think Draymond fits?
With David Lee gone, sure. While David Lee was starting and Green coming off the bench, no way in hell Green doesn't go to Detroit to start.

DMC
12-03-2015, 08:43 PM

And you were half a chromosome from being a chimpanzee. So what?

RsxPiimp
12-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Golden State is long overdue for some. They've had one of the greatest fan bases in the NBA for quite some time.

:lmao they're actually pretty classless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMfn6-mb8_4

JoeTait75
12-03-2015, 08:53 PM
They're the defending champs, they're 20-0 and Curry is dropping three-pointers like they're layups. They're on an incredible run. Do they deserve the attention they're getting? Absolutely and without question. Might as well grin and bear it.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'd rather the Warriors got the attention at this point in the season than certain other teams like, say, the Cavaliers.

Arcadian
12-03-2015, 09:18 PM
Anything that keeps the spotlight off that faggot in Staples so he just goes away unnoticed is good for the NBA.

this

spurraider21
12-03-2015, 10:06 PM
With David Lee gone, sure. While David Lee was starting and Green coming off the bench, no way in hell Green doesn't go to Detroit to start.
LOL

I personally think Draymond Green needs to be traded or just benched. He doesn't fit.
You said he was a poor fit as a starter when Lee was out. Nice attempt to revise. You can just own a bad take. We all have them.

Venti Quattro
12-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Yeah it's kind of getting annoying

Silver&Black
12-03-2015, 10:17 PM
TD21 with the crybaby bads, per par. I don't know that there has been a more whiny poster in the history of this site..

:wow

They're the champs and they're 20-0. They deserve the knob slobbing from the media.

^
This

russellgoat
12-03-2015, 10:32 PM
The attention doesn't bother me tbh... What I don't like is that they are allowed to do a lot of things like illegal screens almost every possession and nobody seems to notice. When we had the big three Sperms and everybody else were always reminding us of our special treatment by the league, specially for KG on defense.

DMC
12-04-2015, 12:45 AM
LOL

You said he was a poor fit as a starter when Lee was out. Nice attempt to revise. You can just own a bad take. We all have them.

When you learn the game of basketball we can discuss my deeper knowledge and you'll be able to contribute so it won't be a one way conversation. Until then you have some cherries to pick, get in line.

spurraider21
12-04-2015, 12:47 AM
being wrong with a take is fine, but :lol at trying to bullshit your way out of it and getting your ass handed to you for it

DMC
12-04-2015, 12:48 AM
Yeah it's kind of getting annoying
lol.. while 3 win Kobe is getting the royal treatment in the press, that's not annoying I suppose. Any time there's a story in the league, Kobe has to make some new announcement. He's either quitting, raping, coming back, leaving, throwing someone under a bus, getting a divorce, not getting a divorce, always something to pull the light back over to him. For 20 fucking years he's done this but 20 games into the season the Warriors are annoying. lol

DMC
12-04-2015, 12:49 AM
being wrong with a take is fine, but :lol at trying to bullshit your way out of it and getting your ass handed to you for it
You don't understand the take well enough to know whether it's good or bad.

TrainOfThought5
12-04-2015, 12:55 AM

The NBA makes this shit for people who don't care about basketball, but they're tuning in for the show anyway.

Ridiculous? Of course. That's not the debate here. But they are marketing the product that's appealing to people who would never tune in otherwise. Lots of people would never watch MMA but got on the Ronda Rousey bandwagon, and many are on the Conor McGregor hype train as well.

10/10

DMC
12-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Who the fuck is Conor McGregor? New Highlander?

Killakobe81
12-04-2015, 08:29 AM

But it doesn't, Lol. Outside of the 20-0 Kobe is probably the biggest NBA story and he sucks. he has had one good game in like two weeks only 2 "good" games all year.

the salt it has created is hilarious though ... :lol

Raven
12-04-2015, 08:31 AM
I don't mind a great team being slobbered on. They deserve it, unlike other teams who only relied on refs.

Killakobe81
12-04-2015, 08:33 AM
I don't mind a great team being slobbered on. They deserve it, unlike other teams who only relied on refs.

Only my team "deserved" it:depressed
We overcome refs ...
Media bias ...
Being a small market team ...
We dont get respect!!!!:wakeup

100%duncan
12-04-2015, 08:41 AM
As Kawhi said, they're the best team in the league, world champs they deserve all the talk.

Raven
12-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Only my team "deserved" it:depressed
We overcome refs ...
Media bias ...
Being a small market team ...
We dont get respect!!!!:wakeup
nah, Boston, Detroit and the Warriors deserved it too. And of non winning teams, surely the likes of dantoni's suns didn't deserve the hype, oklahoma didn't, houston didn't.. and so on..

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2015, 09:25 AM
just like how the media was all over the okc team like they were some rivalry in the making against the cheat3 team....

how quickly did these guys didnt live upto the expectations of the media shoving them down viewers throats...

now they are doing it with the warriors/curry

lets just hope the calls wont be lopsided where u know the media/league will do anything to make sure the preferred bias team advances...
remember 06 mavs, spurs couldnt win shit or when they got close to the mavs, the refs never allowed them to take the lead, same shit against that okc team the year they went to the finals, and against the heat in the finals 12/13 ...

spurraider21
12-04-2015, 11:49 AM
lefty

https://i.gyazo.com/ff99b525db6e9d4dc8f50ec7f8cd46ea.png

DPG21920
12-04-2015, 12:31 PM
TD21 with the crybaby bads, per par. I don't know that there has been a more whiny poster in the history of this site.

It's pretty legendary what is happening with the Warriors. They may or may not be able to sustain it, but to not cover Curry at the level he is playing would be pretty irresponsible from a media perspective. Spur fan would have no problem with it if the shoe was on the other foot.

Agreed - it's truly spectacular what's happening and they deserve every bit of praise they get. I'm more annoyed that Kobe is talked about as much.

weebo
12-04-2015, 01:11 PM
They're 20-0. The defending champs...AND they play team basketball. They deserve every ounce of credit that they get, including Curry. We're watching history in the making, possibly. Just sit back and watch it all unfold.

SuperCam
12-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Sounds like Spursfan are mad knowing that Tim has a great team this year for his last chance at 6 but that they will be denied by an all time historic team that came together, tbh

DMC
12-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Agreed - it's truly spectacular what's happening and they deserve every bit of praise they get. I'm more annoyed that Kobe is talked about as much.

From a 10K feet perspective though, ask yourself which is better for the game of NBA basketball, that the Warriors are in uncharted territory now or that Kobe is quitting.

DPG21920
12-04-2015, 05:55 PM
From a 10K feet perspective though, ask yourself which is better for the game of NBA basketball, that the Warriors are in uncharted territory now or that Kobe is quitting.

Hmmmm, I will still say Warriors but that's because I like to focus on the positive and not addition by subtraction

DMC
12-04-2015, 06:11 PM
But it doesn't, Lol. Outside of the 20-0 Kobe is probably the biggest NBA story and he sucks. he has had one good game in like two weeks only 2 "good" games all year.

the salt it has created is hilarious though ... :lol
He'll get better as the season progresses and he's no longer looking for his early exit. He knows all eyes are on him and he's going to be in the gym 24-7. Hell, he could be that thing that keeps you out of the meaningful portion of the lottery this year.

TD 21
12-04-2015, 06:15 PM
How would you suggest the media covers a defending champion that is on an unprecedented, historic run with the greatest shooter in the history of basketball as their centerpiece?

The Warriors are playing some timeless, beautiful basketball just after winning a title. This stuff quite simply writes itself. The media will promote anything that people will read or tune into. Right now they're promoting the team that everyone is watching.

Not sure if you guys are old enough to remember the 2000 St Louis Rams. The Greatest Show on Turf got much of the same coverage. That's how it is. You can rail against it all you want but it seems a bit petulant, considering it's nothing new and also completely unavoidable. It's also happening to a team that -- hello -- completely deserves the level of praise they're getting. They're ending games by midway through the 3rd quarter right now, on a nightly basis.

By not reminding us of this every five seconds and not plastering their faces all over their websites, all day, everyday. It's understood; it doesn't need constant repeating.

The media is stupid and never learns their lesson. The public loves this team now, but everything has a tipping point where it becomes over saturated and fatigue sets in and when this inevitably happens to them, the page views and ratings will decline with it. The fact that they're not viewed as villains also doesn't help on this front. The media is only accelerating this process.

How quickly people forget: the Spurs repeatedly ran off long streaks from '12-'14 (to a lesser extent, '11 too) where they shredded teams and had games consistently over in short order, yet it took the greatest Finals performance of all time for them to receive something close to this level of respect and it only lasted for a few months. The fact that they did it without the in their prime superstar and unprecedented luck only made it all the more impressive.

daslicer
12-04-2015, 06:19 PM
Its not surprising the Warriors are getting this attention considering they have started the season with a historic run, and they have the best player in the league right now. A lot of insecurity by Spur fans considering the media has given the spurs a lot of respect since winning 5. Even when the spurs went out in round 1 the media believed the spurs would be right back in contention next season and this was before the Aldridge signing. The media right now has been hyping the spurs the last few weeks as a potential foil for the Warriors. Even with all the Kobe hype this week the media has pretty much stated unanimously that Duncan is the best player of his generation. Like I have said before since winning 5 the spurs are now playing with house money. Spurs have respect its ok just to admit that you just hate the Warriors

benefactor
12-04-2015, 06:51 PM
How quickly people forget: the Spurs repeatedly ran off long streaks from '12-'14 (to a lesser extent, '11 too) where they shredded teams and had games consistently over in short order, yet it took the greatest Finals performance of all time for them to receive something close to this level of respect and it only lasted for a few months. The fact that they did it without the in their prime superstar and unprecedented luck only made it all the more impressive.
:cry Spurs didn't get this type of attention :cry

Give it a rest you fucking girl.

DMC
12-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Its not surprising the Warriors are getting this attention considering they have started the season with a historic run, and they have the best player in the league right now. A lot of insecurity by Spur fans considering the media has given the spurs a lot of respect since winning 5. Even when the spurs went out in round 1 the media believed the spurs would be right back in contention next season and this was before the Aldridge signing. The media right now has been hyping the spurs the last few weeks as a potential foil for the Warriors. Even with all the Kobe hype this week the media has pretty much stated unanimously that Duncan is the best player of his generation. Like I have said before since winning 5 the spurs are now playing with house money. Spurs have respect its ok just to admit that you just hate the Warriors
And the are the champions. No Spurs like championship hangover in SF.

Venti Quattro
12-04-2015, 10:33 PM
lol.. while 3 win Kobe is getting the royal treatment in the press, that's not annoying I suppose. Any time there's a story in the league, Kobe has to make some new announcement. He's either quitting, raping, coming back, leaving, throwing someone under a bus, getting a divorce, not getting a divorce, always something to pull the light back over to him. For 20 fucking years he's done this but 20 games into the season the Warriors are annoying. lol
Duncan and Dirk will get the same treatment when they call it quits so I don't know what you're so upset about

DMC
12-04-2015, 10:39 PM
Duncan and Dirk will get the same treatment when they call it quits so I don't know what you're so upset about
You're the one calling the Warriors' coverage "annoying". Duncan and Dirk will just walk away. If you think that Tim is going to announce his retirement then play an entire season, you haven't been watching Tim Duncan. Same goes for Dirk.

SpursFan86
12-04-2015, 11:15 PM

The Spurs never won 67 games in a season with a 10+ point average margin of victory (something that hasn't even been done 10 times in the history of the NBA) before ultimately winning the title. The Spurs never followed up said title run with a 20 game win streak where their average margin of victory was 15+ ppg.

The Spurs have never played at the level we've seen GS play at for the past 120+ games or so. It's really not up for debate. Sure they've had some dominant winning streaks (one near the end of 2014 season comes to mind, plus the end of the 2012 + sweeping Utah/LAC), but given the context of GS's current streak, none have been as impressive. If you think ESPN is oversaturating people with GS coverage that's a fair assessment, but the whole "Spurs have done this several times over the past few years and we never got our credit :cry " stuff is bullshit.

If the Spurs won 20 games in a row (again, by a ridiculous margin of victory) following a title and had a player on pace to have one of the most dominant individual seasons in NBA history, you can bet your ass they'd be getting a shit ton of coverage.

lefty
12-05-2015, 12:29 AM
lefty

https://i.gyazo.com/ff99b525db6e9d4dc8f50ec7f8cd46ea.png

Jersey is too heavy for him tbh

nowitzkikopf
12-05-2015, 12:38 AM

this

Clipper Nation
12-05-2015, 01:41 AM
"Starting to"? It was annoying from the moment the media first hopped on their dicks a few years ago.

Trainwreck2100
12-05-2015, 07:12 AM

Duncan's not going out like that he'll announce at the end of a season to avoid the "I'm retiring" tour. Don't know how Dirk will do it.

Venti Quattro
12-05-2015, 07:22 AM
"Starting to"? It was annoying from the moment the media first hopped on their dicks a few years ago.

But you can't really say this isn't justified, being the defending champs and playing consistently at a very high level.

I mean they're blowing everyone out of the water.

Venti Quattro
12-05-2015, 07:23 AM
Duncan's not going out like that he'll announce at the end of a season to avoid the "I'm retiring" tour. Don't know how Dirk will do it.

I have no idea as well, but if he decides to do the same, he'll receive the same warm reception from the rest of the league... I mean, these are three all-time greats that we are talking about.

UZER
12-05-2015, 07:53 AM

But you can't really say this isn't justified, being the defending champs and playing consistently at a very high level.

I mean they're blowing everyone out of the water.

Yeah, like the media love Lob City kept getting while choking every year. And they blamed Vinny D :lol

Venti Quattro
12-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Yeah, like the media love Lob City kept getting while choking every year. And they blamed Vinny D :lol

And then the media started turning on them because they became flopping, whiny, annoying, entitled cunts. They became the NBA's version of the feminists

TD 21
12-05-2015, 07:55 PM
The Spurs never won 67 games in a season with a 10+ point average margin of victory (something that hasn't even been done 10 times in the history of the NBA) before ultimately winning the title. The Spurs never followed up said title run with a 20 game win streak where their average margin of victory was 15+ ppg.

The Spurs have never played at the level we've seen GS play at for the past 120+ games or so. It's really not up for debate. Sure they've had some dominant winning streaks (one near the end of 2014 season comes to mind, plus the end of the 2012 + sweeping Utah/LAC), but given the context of GS's current streak, none have been as impressive. If you think ESPN is oversaturating people with GS coverage that's a fair assessment, but the whole "Spurs have done this several times over the past few years and we never got our credit :cry " stuff is bullshit.

If the Spurs won 20 games in a row (again, by a ridiculous margin of victory) following a title and had a player on pace to have one of the most dominant individual seasons in NBA history, you can bet your ass they'd be getting a shit ton of coverage.

I never said the Spurs have done this specifically (too bad they never had unprecedented late game/injury luck, for and against and never pushed to win as many regular season games as possible), WarriorsFan86. I was speaking more to the way in which they play. Curry is obviously the primary difference, but there are a lot of similarities.

Bullshit. The Spurs would be getting a ton of coverage, but not this much and the media damn sure wouldn't be cheer leading for them, nor would fans of other teams like yourself (supposedly). You're a disgrace.

SpursFan86
12-05-2015, 08:03 PM
I can see things for how they are. If the Spurs won 67 games with an all-time great point differential, and then won a title while playing injured opponents in the playoffs, you and other Spurs fans here wouldn't be saying shit about how they're frauds. You'd be hailing them as the greatest Spurs team ever, and talking about how dominant they were. You'd be saying "Sure, we played injured opponents in the playoffs, but look at how dominant we were in the regular season. You can only play who's in front of you."

If the Spurs followed that up with a 20 game win streak where the average margin of victory was 15 points, there'd be even more praising. People would be talking about how they have a real shot at breaking the '96 Bulls' record, and how they're one of the best teams of all-time.

But because it's a different team, you're blinded by bias and throw a bitch fit when others give them their due credit.

"You call out people's bullshit 'Warriors are frauds' arguments. You're no real Spurs fan :cry "

And for the record, I'm not cheering for GS at all :lol I was rooting hard for Toronto to beat them today. I was pissed when the Clippers choked in typical Clippers fashion the other week. I don't like hearing the media obsess over them. That doesn't mean I can't recognize their accomplishments and realize they're playing at an all-time great level.

spurraider21
12-05-2015, 08:08 PM
defending champs are off to a record start. how dare the media praise them.

SpursFan86
12-05-2015, 08:09 PM
"Wow you don't blindly attack all of the Spurs' opposition and throw all logic out the window when talking about non-Spurs teams? You're no true fan :cry "

DMC
12-05-2015, 08:21 PM
Funny thing about all this "media" shit: Tim turns down big names for nationally televised ads. Kobe whores to everyone. Dirk also turns those down. If Chris Paul can get a spot, you know the big Fundamental could get one, in a heartbeat, because he's been the most consistent force in the league for 20 years. What company wouldn't want that as a face?

HemisfairArena
12-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Curry seems like a pretty good dude,,,no off the court raping and being a prima donna and a snitch like kobrick,,,more power to him. He and his team have earned the praise.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 08:31 PM
Warriors play the Nets in Brooklyn tomorrow night. Nets almost beat the Dubs in Oracle. Let's see if they can get the job done at home.

TDMVPDPOY
12-05-2015, 08:44 PM
spurs never got any credit over the years, cause there was always a pos thats not part or out of the playoffs doing stupid shit to get the medias attention...for example that pos kirby

TD 21
12-05-2015, 08:51 PM
I can see things for how they are. If the Spurs won 67 games with an all-time great point differential, and then won a title while playing injured opponents in the playoffs, you and other Spurs fans here wouldn't be saying shit about how they're frauds. You'd be hailing them as the greatest Spurs team ever, and talking about how dominant they were. You'd be saying "Sure, we played injured opponents in the playoffs, but look at how dominant we were in the regular season. You can only play who's in front of you."

If the Spurs followed that up with a 20 game win streak where the average margin of victory was 15 points, there'd be even more praising. People would be talking about how they have a real shot at breaking the '96 Bulls' record, and how they're one of the best teams of all-time.

But because it's a different team, you're blinded by bias and throw a bitch fit when others give them their due credit.

"You call out people's bullshit 'Warriors are frauds' arguments. You're no real Spurs fan :cry "

And for the record, I'm not cheering for GS at all :lol I was rooting hard for Toronto to beat them today. I was pissed when the Clippers choked in typical Clippers fashion the other week. I don't like hearing the media obsess over them. That doesn't mean I can't recognize their accomplishments and realize they're playing at an all-time great level.

You're just another clown that lacks basic reading comprehension. Like I said: Everyone knows what they're doing and no one's saying it shouldn't be covered or praised, but it doesn't matter what the story is, there comes a point with everything where it's too much.

:lol I'm the same guy who constantly brings up the fact that Ibaka missing the first 2 games of the '14 WCF could have swung the series. Do your homework next time before you attempt to call someone out, WarriorsFan86.

:lmao At you not being a Warriors fan. I've seen you and one other poster in every single thread I've clicked on about them in the past year, repeating things the vast majority already know and defending them to no end.

Venti Quattro
12-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Warriors play the Nets in Brooklyn tomorrow night. Nets almost beat the Dubs in Oracle. Let's see if they can get the job done at home.

That was a fluke, they're never getting close to them this time

UZER
12-05-2015, 09:11 PM
I put some of the blame on Pop for the spurs never becoming regular season juggernauts. Yes yes they won alot of games, I know, but he micro manages the shit out of the team early and willingly takes losses tinkering. Hell he didn't even lets the arena announcer introduce the team as defending champions. Take the good with the bad I guess, we got rings, but just saying.

DMC
12-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Who cares about RS juggernaut? Spurs have as many rings as the team that got the lion's share of talent in the past 20 years and were the juggernauts for 3 or more years.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 09:42 PM
I put some of the blame on Pop for the spurs never becoming regular season juggernauts. Yes yes they won alot of games, I know, but he micro manages the shit out of the team early and willingly takes losses tinkering. Hell he didn't even lets the arena announcer introduce the team as defending champions. Take the good with the bad I guess, we got rings, but just saying.
2011?

spursistan
12-11-2015, 05:41 PM
ESPN's Warriors beat writer/resident dickrider is mad because some basketball fans on internet are getting bored of the gushing coverage that he and his network spearhead :lol..

spursistan
12-11-2015, 06:34 PM
He isn't a media person but when seemingly sensible NBA watchers become fanboys, expect even worse from mainstream types :lol

spursistan
12-11-2015, 07:27 PM
:lmao

spursistan
12-11-2015, 10:38 PM
these pathetic suckers have overdone it tbh...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CV_sB3_UEAA37X6.jpg

SuperCam
12-11-2015, 10:39 PM
24-0 :worthy: :worthy:

Light skinned crew making Spurs obsolete in tim's last season :cry

spursistan
12-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Spurs-Hawks gets bumped from NBA tv in favor of Warriors-Bucks :lol

DMC
12-12-2015, 01:55 PM
You guys should be embracing this instead of railing against it. These are the dog days of the NBA season, and the NBA in general. You have all time greats retiring and not much to fill their shoes. If you can get fan excitement for the game in December for someone like Curry then you should be all over that. Coming from me, you know that's not Curry slurping.

DMC
12-12-2015, 01:56 PM
24-0 :worthy: :worthy:

Light skinned crew making Spurs obsolete in tim's last season :cry
Circa 2010.

Tim's last season will be when Tim says so.

DD
12-12-2015, 02:06 PM

give the people what they want

Bynumite
12-12-2015, 02:16 PM

Historical run > Spurs east bending over and taking it like the last time they met

DMC
12-12-2015, 02:40 PM
It's not good for the league when a small market team remains viable contenders for so many years in a row. It's a cool story line, but the Spurs take a slot that could otherwise be occupied by the likes of Durant/Westbrook or Harden/Howard because let's face it; NBA today is about player names, not about team names. It's "Curry and the Warriors" vs "Harden and the Rockets" or "Blake Griffin and the Clippers" against "Lebron James and the Cavs". When you look at SA, what do you say, "Kawhi and the Spurs"? "Aldridge and the Spurs"? "10ppg Tim Duncan and the Spurs"? None of that makes any sense, plus it's a small market that's jumped the shark in terms of novelty already, on a national level.

For those reasons you cannot blame a media outlet for picking a more popular matchup to show especially when casual "I've heard of Kobe" fans will tune in to see the phenom player and team try to go undefeated again.

TD 21
12-12-2015, 07:37 PM
ESPN's Warriors beat writer/resident dickrider is mad because some basketball fans on internet are getting bored of the gushing coverage that he and his network spearhead :lol..

:cry Stop disrespecting them. They're the greatest team ever, with one gift wrapped championship to their credit. :cry

lefty
12-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Because the media wasn't slobbering over the Spurms when they won the title ?????

" omg slurp beautiful passing slurp Pop slurp Spurs's philosophy slurp small market team with 5th title slurp so fucking nice slurp "

:lmao Spurms fans are such hypocrites

cjw
12-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Again this dude, do i really need him to match a clearly sucking Harden performances with Curry career start to play it up..the whole is thing cringe-worthy..

Kawhi would need to miss his next 49 to match Harden.

Kawhi would need to miss his next 5 to match Curry.

TD 21
12-13-2015, 05:21 PM
Because the media wasn't slobbering over the Spurms when they won the title ?????

" omg slurp beautiful passing slurp Pop slurp Spurs's philosophy slurp small market team with 5th title slurp so fucking nice slurp "

:lmao Spurms fans are such hypocrites

It only took 17 years, a historical playoff performance and the greatest Finals performance ever for them to get that praise and it lasted all of about five minutes into the following season.

Meanwhile, those arrogant punks have managed to receive equal or greater acclaim on the strength of one gift wrapped championship and one fluke start (their expected w-l record is a whopping 3 games worse than their actual record).

spursistan
04-09-2016, 12:28 PM
70 reasons to love the Warriors
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15164539/70-reasons-love-golden-state-warriors

not even trying to hide it anymore.:lmao..they are invested in the narrative and that's, for example, how a mass media put a subtle pressure, among other things, on referee to give them nudge....they simply want the the team succeed..

Bynumite
04-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Spurfan is the epitome of faggotry :lmao

:cry Why don't you like me? :cry

They should just all get together in one spot and commit mass suicide a la Jonestown Massacre tbh.

spursistan
04-09-2016, 12:52 PM
Spurfan is the epitome of faggotry :lmao

:cry Why don't you like me? :cry

nope..i don't want them to suck my dick on daily basis..that's the real faggotry :lol

~O~
04-09-2016, 02:19 PM
70 reasons to love the Warriors
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15164539/70-reasons-love-golden-state-warriors

not even trying to hide it anymore.:lmao..they are invested in the narrative and that's, for example, how a mass media put a subtle pressure, among other things, on referee to give them nudge....they simply want the the team succeed..

That actually nice list. Every aesthetically pleasing however, I do hate ESPN...with all my heart.

daslicer
04-09-2016, 04:17 PM
That actually nice list. Every aesthetically pleasing however, I do hate ESPN...with all my heart.

Are you sure that you didn't come up with that list?

spursistan
04-19-2016, 02:33 PM
nice of them to be transparent, though crude, with it :lol..

https://i.imgur.com/AGeqZ8Y.jpg

DPG21920
04-19-2016, 02:43 PM
This is an important bump because it takes away all of the fake Laker fan outrage over Spurs fans being salty about GS. The OP started the thread and Spurs fans pretty much jumped him for the take and gave all credit to GS.