PDA

View Full Version : Danny, I Still Believe In You

spurraider21
12-04-2015, 12:19 AM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/065da164dececf64b093b34fcf28854d/tumblr_inline_npk1n42Sqe1srtlsg_500.gif

apalisoc_9
12-04-2015, 12:23 AM
Danny needs to stop readin Chinook "he will average 15ppg and should expand his role" post so he can concentrate on shooting three instead of dribbling. His defense is still but he is so bad offensively. He cant hit a 3 to save his life.

Everytime motion gets them into a horns set and he is on the top i cringe.

Silver&Black
12-04-2015, 12:32 AM
LDN 4 life...

Blue Duck
12-04-2015, 12:33 AM
He'll be back. This team will be a force by march.

spurraider21
12-04-2015, 12:34 AM
i'm confident he'll bounce back.

like i said, i'm with him till the end of the line

UNT Eagles 2016
12-04-2015, 12:35 AM
Kawhi is a better three point shooter than Green :lol

GSH
12-04-2015, 12:37 AM
He needs to miss the next couple of games, and stay locked into a gym with Chip Engelland. Maybe Chip AND a sports psychologist. And Pop should tell them not to let him out until he's confident in his shot.

I'm stone cold serious.

Dex
12-04-2015, 12:46 AM
He looks pretty broken right now. And the Spurs are still clowning fools.

If Green gets his shot cooking again...NBA = f:lolcked tbh.

Yes, even the Warriors.

YGWHI
12-04-2015, 12:53 AM
concentrate on shooting three instead of dribbling
Danny dribbling and trying to get his own shot while Kawhi parking in the corner. Pop...

YGWHI
12-04-2015, 01:06 AM
Anyway, it's always the same story with Danny.

"After a cold start to the season, Danny Green finds his shooting stroke hitting 9 consecutive 3's on the road against GSW..."

He'll be fine

Danny you can't drive to the hoop...just stop putting the ball on the floor.

100%duncan
12-04-2015, 01:24 AM
Nigga wants them uncle drew handles. I dont understand the need to expand your game when you're one of the best 3&D players for the last 2-3 seasons

Mikeanaro
12-04-2015, 01:26 AM
DG stinks, nothing wrong with that except he is playing for the Spurs.

freetiago
12-04-2015, 01:53 AM
The problem with this retard is he starts moving before he even catches the ball when hes wide open. I have no idea whose telling him to drive but someone has to be encouraging it. Pop normally screams at him and pulls him immediately if he tries to drive and create basically his entire career. That's what makes whats happening right now so perplexing.

Texas_Ranger
12-04-2015, 02:18 AM
thank god he took a pay cut.... It's only that he should have taken a bigger one if this is the was he's gonna suck.

dabom
12-04-2015, 02:20 AM
thank god he took a pay cut.... It's only that he should have taken a bigger one if this is the was he's gonna suck.

:lol

dabom
12-04-2015, 02:21 AM
Danny has nowhere to go but up. I'm sure of it. :toast

BatManu20
12-04-2015, 02:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Mr Bones
12-04-2015, 02:26 AM
I'n not overly concerned about Green's offense... Pop will reel in the dribble drive attempts, and Green will do his best imitation of Bruce Bowen, which is a great luxury to have considering the guy defending next to him is the reigning DPOY.... honestly, I think Green is more dangerous just camping out on the 3 pt line than trying to do too much.

Kawhitstorm
12-04-2015, 02:28 AM
Ariza (who is basically the closest thing to Danny in the league) isn't faring much better to start the season.

skulls138
12-04-2015, 03:10 AM
Do we want everyone firing on all cylinders right now? Say no.

look_at_g_shred
12-04-2015, 10:55 AM
We are 16-4 with a struggling on offense Danny..think about that for a bit..

100%duncan
12-04-2015, 11:01 AM
We are 16-4 with a struggling on offense Danny..think about that for a bit..
We have played shitty teams. 2 losses against good home teams in OKC and Bulls, 1 loss against a mediocre wizards, 1 loss against a team who had no win before facing us. The only "big" win is last night in memphis, but that doesnt say much either considering how they fucking suck.

xtremesteven33
12-04-2015, 11:06 AM
If he still sucks come All Star break than we might have a problem.

manu2timdynasty
12-04-2015, 11:20 AM
We have played shitty teams. 2 losses against good home teams in OKC and Bulls, 1 loss against a mediocre wizards, 1 loss against a team who had no win before facing us. The only "big" win is last night in memphis, but that doesnt say much either considering how they fucking suck.

When the spurs win the 2 seed and secure the 2nd best overall record in the league I will ejaculate in your face.

100%duncan
12-04-2015, 11:27 AM
When the spurs win the 2 seed and secure the 2nd best overall record in the league I will ejaculate in your face.

Gayest post in ST, saying a lot tbh

manu2timdynasty
12-04-2015, 11:28 AM
Seriously though, Green is a complimentary player. When the offense is humming he thrives, when it's not - he struggles, it's not rocket science. Fortunately for us, he's an above average defender and makes up for his offensive struggles with smart defense. Such short sided bitchiness here, have you forget what he did just a couple of years ago in the finals? Ungrateful basterds the lot of you.

Mr. Body
12-04-2015, 11:32 AM
He'll be fine.

manu2timdynasty
12-04-2015, 11:48 AM
Gayest post in ST, saying a lot tbh

I'm not gonna be the one with splooge on my face tbh...

look_at_g_shred
12-04-2015, 11:54 AM
It's called taking care of business. It doesn't matter thought because if the spurs were losing to the bottom feeders i'm sure you'd have something to say about that too. Plus, you can't be too down on the losses (aside from NOLA) because we've been in each game and could be 19-1 right now. Chalk it up to "growing pains" . Aside from you, no one here thought we would be 19-1 through 20 games.

said7
12-04-2015, 11:57 AM
He has zero follow through on his floaters. He just lifts the ball up in the air and hopes it falls in the basket. It's horrible.

100%duncan
12-04-2015, 12:32 PM
It's called taking care of business. It doesn't matter thought because if the spurs were losing to the bottom feeders i'm sure you'd have something to say about that too. Plus, you can't be too down on the losses (aside from NOLA) because we've been in each game and could be 19-1 right now. Chalk it up to "growing pains" . Aside from you, no one here thought we would be 19-1 through 20 games.

No :lol you're the type of person who'll always look down on posters who criticize the team spewing bs like "not contented/spoiled/expecting 82-0"

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
12-04-2015, 01:36 PM
As I said in game 3 of this season, teams are just taking away the 3 from Green. he needs to develop his cross over 3 or his crossover jumpshot. Mills is still hitting his 3's b/c he can do this. Green has the ability to do this b/c I have seen him do this. He is just to shoot a 100+ of these in practice to get it down.

Once he does that, he will be the old Danny. Progression needs to happen once others have caught with you. Danny needs to tell himself that. He has a teammate in Kawhi to follow as an example.

But at least his D is very good.

look_at_g_shred
12-04-2015, 02:36 PM
No :lol you're the type of person who'll always look down on posters who criticize the team spewing bs like "not contented/spoiled/expecting 82-0"
fuck outta here :lol stupid fuck

GSH
12-04-2015, 03:09 PM
I wasn't worried about Danny for the first 10 games. But now I am. This has turned into a serious slump. I know that other teams are running him off the 3P line a lot, but when he does get open looks, he's practically clanking them off the shot clock. These things take on a life of their own after a while. The Spurs have a former 3&D guy holding a clip board who just lost his ability to make a shot.

The Spurs have got to have a credible deep threat if they are serious about getting ring 6. Absolute must-have. Danny clearly hasn't been able to "shoot through it". Instead of shortening his minutes, I really do think the organization should show him that they are willing to invest in him. Give him some quality time with Chip and/or a sports psychologist, even if it means leaving him at home for a few games.

One thing about the idea that other teams are taking the 3 away, and forcing him to do other things. (I've said it myself.) A certain amount of that is on other players. If Aldridge gets his groove back on the offensive end, the other teams will be forced to leave Danny more. But that won't help if he can't find his stroke.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-04-2015, 03:12 PM
I wasn't worried about Danny for the first 10 games. But now I am. This has turned into a serious slump. I know that other teams are running him off the 3P line a lot, but when he does get open looks, he's practically clanking them off the shot clock. These things take on a life of their own after a while. The Spurs have a former 3&D guy holding a clip board who just lost his ability to make a shot.

The Spurs have got to have a credible deep threat if they are serious about getting ring 6. Absolute must-have. Danny clearly hasn't been able to "shoot through it". Instead of shortening his minutes, I really do think the organization should show him that they are willing to invest in him. Give him some quality time with Chip and/or a sports psychologist, even if it means leaving him at home for a few games.

One thing about the idea that other teams are taking the 3 away, and forcing him to do other things. (I've said it myself.) A certain amount of that is on other players. If Aldridge gets his groove back on the offensive end, the other teams will be forced to leave Danny more. But that won't help if he can't find his stroke.

Told you you wouldn't. Maybe I am psychic.

GSH
12-04-2015, 03:18 PM
Told you you wouldn't. Maybe I am psychic.

LOL - I'm guessing you responded to something I said with some sort of challenge? You insignificant little bug. I don't give enough of a shit about you to go search out your responses. Say something basketball related, and I might pay attention. Your bullshit psycho-babble about insecurities and shit I don't have any interest in.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-04-2015, 03:21 PM
LOL - I'm guessing you responded to something I said with some sort of challenge? You insignificant little bug. I don't give enough of a shit about you to go search out your responses. Say something basketball related, and I might pay attention. Your bullshit psycho-babble about insecurities and shit I don't have any interest in.

It's not a challenge. it is to point out to anyone else reading this. I realize you are set in your ways and cannot change how you feel about things. I know you have no interest any of that. You'll just continue to get mad at women on TV and talk shit about them to strangers.

NameLess Scrub
12-04-2015, 04:44 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally posted by freetiago (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254912&p=8304791#post8304983)

The problem with this retard is he starts moving before he even catches the ball when hes wide open. I have no idea whose telling him to drive but someone has to be encouraging it. Pop normally screams at him and pulls him immediately if he tries to drive and create basically his entire career. That's what makes whats happening right now so perplexing.

I always think he might be tired of missing shots and just wants to get his offense going and contribute in some other way.

Also, your sig gets funnier the more I look at it :lol
As much as I dislike Lebron, Harden is horrible when he does that.

Capt Bringdown
12-04-2015, 04:52 PM
When he misses his first shot, Danny's evening is over in the scoring dept. Hopefully he can get his confidence back.
But even if/when he does, he's still prone to confidence meltdowns, as Miami Heat fans well know.

100%duncan
12-04-2015, 09:25 PM
fuck outta here :lol stupid fuck

:lol lame

Silver&Black
12-09-2015, 10:04 PM
https://38.media.tumblr.com/065da164dececf64b093b34fcf28854d/tumblr_inline_npk1n42Sqe1srtlsg_500.gif

I'm still on board, but I'm starting to get pissed off.

spurraider21
12-09-2015, 10:11 PM
yeah we're like cap in this scene... badly beaten, near death. but i'm with him till the end of the line.

he's just gotta stop dribbling :lol

Mikeanaro
12-09-2015, 10:21 PM
:lmao

Calispursfan11
12-10-2015, 04:22 AM
Gay thread title bro.

spurraider21
12-10-2015, 04:39 AM
Gay thread title bro.
till the end of the line

NameLess Scrub
12-10-2015, 07:03 AM
As long as Danny or the team don't find a way to get him going the team will continue to suffer.
2 more of those 7 shots were very realistic before.

TheDoctor
12-10-2015, 11:04 AM
DG's O stinks for now but can't ignore all of the other facets of his game that make him an essential piece for the Spurs.

hater
12-10-2015, 11:25 AM
trade that POS

RD2191
12-10-2015, 11:27 AM
trade that POS
:lol

admiralsnackbar
12-10-2015, 11:43 AM
The problem with this retard is he starts moving before he even catches the ball when hes wide open. I have no idea whose telling him to drive but someone has to be encouraging it. Pop normally screams at him and pulls him immediately if he tries to drive and create basically his entire career. That's what makes whats happening right now so perplexing. I'm reminded of Bruce, who late in his career stopped taking his best-in-the-league corner three and began awkwardly driving to the basket when he had a clear path (and damned if he didn't need a clear path! Bruce had some of the most awkward, least fluid driving mechanics I've ever seen). One can only assume that this was Pop's design back then (easy high-percentage 2 pts + maybe a foul on a counter-intuitive play vs a predictable lower-percentage 3 pointer), so it's not entirely implausible that Green is being asked to expand his repertoire during early-season garbage games. That said, his outside stroke IS ice-cold right now, and I can't explain it away.

spursistan
12-10-2015, 01:00 PM
I just hope that he doesn't drift mentally at this point..He knows he is sucking to the point that Timmy threw at it him in the form of a joke..

Seems like Green has anticipated this stretch by taking a discount relative to what the market offering in the summer :lol..You can't do nothing about it but just stick to it and he is still playing elite D, so that's good sign..The onus on Pop now to cut all the dribbling and awkward attempt at playmaking..It is just not his game, end of..

look_at_g_shred
12-10-2015, 01:02 PM
DG's O stinks for now but can't ignore all of the other facets of his game that make him an essential piece for the Spurs.
Yup

Silver&Black
12-11-2015, 11:30 PM
yeah we're like cap in this scene... badly beaten, near death. but i'm with him till the end of the line.

he's just gotta stop dribbling :lol

AFMadison
12-11-2015, 11:41 PM
It's like he lost all of his bball IQ

spurraider21
12-11-2015, 11:52 PM
till the end of the line

SAGirl
12-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Hopefully today is a wake up call for him.

Chinook was pushing for this, to serve him as a kind of mental pressure point. We'll see how he does.

pgardn
12-11-2015, 11:59 PM
Having Parker sit does not help Danny.

I got patience.

FkLA
12-12-2015, 12:02 AM
trade that POS

LDN about to break out of his slump.

Thanks hater. :bobo

YGWHI
12-12-2015, 12:05 AM
Having Parker sit does not help Danny.

Not really, Simms being more aggressive and hungry than Danny doesn't help him.

dabom
12-12-2015, 12:12 AM
LDN about to break out of his slump.

Thanks hater. :bobo

:lmao

YGWHI
12-12-2015, 12:12 AM
Green will start next game, this was just a short 2nd half experiment against scrubs.

pgardn
12-12-2015, 12:13 AM
Not really, Simms being more aggressive and hungry than Danny doesn't help him.

Parker is the best ball handler on the team.
Danny is best next to him.

If Danny is not hustling this is a problem.

sasaint
12-12-2015, 12:14 AM

Absolutely. But tonight his D was even poor. THAT just magnifies the slump even more. A Danny that cannot knock down 3s at a healthy clip is bad enough. A Danny who cannot knock down the 3 AND plays meh D is a disastr for the Spurs hopes.

Holden_Caulfield
12-12-2015, 12:17 AM
i also still believe

midnightpulp
12-12-2015, 12:18 AM
We have no choice but to believe. I think Simmons has a larger upside, but you can't shake up the roster like that during a season. Simmons would also shit his pants in the playoffs as a starter. Not ready yet. Green has been there before.

baseline bum
12-12-2015, 12:18 AM
LDN 4 life...

My nigga.

YGWHI
12-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Parker is the best ball handler on the team.Danny is best next to him.

Pop didn't bench Danny for turnovers, passing, drives...it was because his lack of hustle on both ends, not sure what's Parker's influence on that area of Danny's game.

If Danny is not hustling this is a problem.
Agree.

TrainOfThought5
12-12-2015, 12:32 AM
Does it count if I believe in Danny playing with the bench guys where there is better spacing, passing, rhythm and flow?

Nathan89
12-12-2015, 12:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IA3ZvCkRkQ

Comeback Danny:cry

ceperez
12-12-2015, 12:40 AM
Pop didn't bench Danny for turnovers, passing, drives...it was because his lack of hustle on both ends, not sure what's Parker's influence on that area of Danny's game.

Agree.

It doesn't matter if his shots aren't falling, its important that he's making an effort defensively. He appears to be coasting. The team just has too many weapons that Spurs will win even if you coast. Not a good think because he's only 29.

HI-FI
12-12-2015, 12:41 AM
Great to see Simmons getting better, but I think Verde will come around.

Chris
12-12-2015, 12:54 AM
Looked like he improved his game in the preseason and he has regressed massively. Has to be in his head

TheGreatYacht
12-12-2015, 01:50 AM
+1

BatManu20
12-12-2015, 02:02 AM

LakerHater
12-12-2015, 02:17 AM
Danny took the money but gave up his shot!

Calispursfan11
12-12-2015, 02:56 AM
Is Danny finished? He should be entering his prime about now but he's looking superbad.

BatManu20
12-12-2015, 03:07 AM
Danny's shot obv isn't falling right now, it's no secret. But it's not like he's a completely broken player. He's still a major asset defensively and a good rebounder out of the backcourt, and we're really going to need him in the playoffs against teams like OKC and GSW. I fully expect him to bust out of this slump eventually, he just needs to see a few go in consecutively to get his confidence back up. We're barely over 1/4 of the way through the season, it's way too early to hit the panic button. In Danny we trust.

lefty20
12-12-2015, 03:27 AM
I still believe... Get ur head in the fucking game Verde!

AFMadison
12-12-2015, 04:02 AM
Damn I miss you Belinelli. Is Ray Allen still a free agent? Lol

Mikeanaro
12-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Done-y Greed.

spurraider21
01-15-2016, 05:46 PM
i still believe :cry

Believe.

dabom
01-15-2016, 05:48 PM

spurraider21
01-15-2016, 05:51 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254768

tholdren
01-15-2016, 09:03 PM
Absolutely. But tonight his D was even poor. THAT just magnifies the slump even more. A Danny that cannot knock down 3s at a healthy clip is bad enough. A Danny who cannot knock down the 3 AND plays meh D is a disastr for the Spurs hopes.
Not really. It gives hope that Gregg will play younger players more. Rather have Simmons anderson and Boban in the rotation than green. Green has zero edge. Terrible role player for this current squad

spurraider21
01-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Me.

manu2timdynasty
03-30-2016, 10:14 AM

Thanks 100%duncan, that was satisfying, especially the cleanup job.

skulls138
03-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Someone needs to offend him because he seems to do better when they piss him off.

Blake
03-30-2016, 01:32 PM
:claw

Chris
03-30-2016, 09:00 PM
looks good tonight :tu

spurraider21
07-18-2018, 01:27 PM
:cry it's the end of the line :cry