PDA

View Full Version : Season feels like the start of 2004-2005 with some obvious differences

UNT Eagles 2016
12-04-2015, 12:25 AM
In the sense that, while we're off to a very good start, there's another team a handful of games ahead of us (unfortunately also in the West) that is off to an absolutely KILLER start; like that year, there's also a pretty darn good couple of teams out East close behind us record wise. We're grinding out wins with killer defense and pretty good offense (most of the time) while they're tearing up teams with killer offense and pretty good defense (though giving up a lot of points). Ultimately our offense is weaker than the Warriors, but their defense is much weaker than ours when push comes to shove. We'll find out soon enough... January 25 couldn't come soon enough (we played the Suns on the road on Jan. 21st, 2005 in one of the most epic regular season games in Spurs history). Also like 2004-05, we're dealing with the introduction of key new rotation pieces and having decent to good success but nowhere near what we want yet.

Hoping it turns out the same way as that year, except I'd like to win the Finals in 5 or 6 instead of 7. :toast

RD2191
12-04-2015, 12:27 AM
If Curry goes off on Kawhi then you just tip your hat tbh. Ain't no one beating the dubs if Kawhi can't contain him.

ElNono
12-04-2015, 12:28 AM
In the sense that, while we're off to a very good start, there's another team a handful of games ahead of us (unfortunately also in the West) that is off to an absolutely KILLER start; like that year, there's also a pretty darn good couple of teams out East close behind us record wise. We're grinding out wins with killer defense and pretty good offense (most of the time) while they're tearing up teams with killer offense and pretty good defense (though giving up a lot of points). Ultimately our offense is weaker than the Warriors, but their defense is much weaker than ours when push comes to shove. We'll find out soon enough... January 25 couldn't come soon enough (we played the Suns on the road on Jan. 21st, 2005 in one of the most epic regular season games in Spurs history). Also like 2004-05, we're dealing with the introduction of key new rotation pieces and having decent to good success but nowhere near what we want yet.

Hoping it turns out the same way as that year, except I'd like to win the Finals in 5 or 6 instead of 7. :toast

WHAT A FUCKING HORRIBLE NIGHT :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

4 GAMES BACK OF THE WARRIORS :pctoss

:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
12-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Still was a horrid night. The Spurs lost to the Bulls and this girl Amy told me to stop texting her because she likes some other guy now.

ElNono
12-04-2015, 12:31 AM
Still was a horrid night. The Spurs lost to the Bulls and this girl Amy told me to stop texting her because she likes some other guy now.

sorry brah

UNT Eagles 2016
12-04-2015, 12:34 AM
sorry brah
It's college, shit like that happens... especially to me, people don't really like smart guys that aren't dorks because they see them as cocky pompous assholes... you can't really win if you're smart and male, you're either an introverted dork or an arrogant ass machiavellian that people tend to plot against. Meh. At least I did get some money this week. Nice win tonight, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
12-04-2015, 01:03 AM
(we played the Suns on the road on Jan. 21st, 2005 in one of the most epic regular season games in Spurs history) :toast

Manu went off in that game so I guess Kawhi is going to follow suit.

LarryDavid
12-04-2015, 01:18 AM
It's college, shit like that happens... especially to me, people don't really like smart guys that aren't dorks because they see them as cocky pompous assholes... you can't really win if you're smart and male...

UNT? You can't be THAT smart.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-04-2015, 02:24 AM
UNT? You can't be THAT smart.
168 IQ,

chose UNT solely for the money and the opportunity to get away from everyone from my huge HS; those were my two sole criteria really at the time. My mom was unemployed my senior year after having taught the past 7 years. Was rejected by Stanford after being put in that lottery system... got into Vanderbilt and Princeton, would have had to pay too much to go to either place even with good scholarships and institutional grants. If I had it back, I would have definitely gone to A&M for social/atmospheric reasons and triple roomed with my 2 good friends from HS -- though I would have profited far less. My Texas 5-A+ valedictorian free tuition waiver was only good for Texas public state schools. I also didn't want to go to UT Austin because I frankly despise UT and also calculated that I would have actually gone in the hole by $2k over a three-year period (that would have had to have been paid by loans since my mom is dead broke and I have no father). Texas Tech is just too remote and out of the way. At least UNT is up I-35. UNT seemed like a good place from the start because it was far away from my HS in SA and they offered by far the best financial aid package. Going to school for free is one thing, but profiting by as much as I have has been such an accomplishment personally for me that I can't really complain too much.

houston spurs fan
12-04-2015, 02:35 AM
It's college, shit like that happens... especially to me, people don't really like smart guys that aren't dorks because they see them as cocky pompous assholes... you can't really win if you're smart and male, you're either an introverted dork or an arrogant ass machiavellian that people tend to plot against. Meh. At least I did get some money this week. Nice win tonight, tbh.
Or a white douchebag which you are.

houston spurs fan
12-04-2015, 02:37 AM
168 IQ,

chose UNT solely for the money and the opportunity to get away from everyone from my huge HS; those were my two sole criteria really at the time. My mom was unemployed my senior year after having taught the past 7 years. Was rejected by Stanford after being put in that lottery system... got into Vanderbilt and Princeton, would have had to pay too much to go to either place even with good scholarships and institutional grants. If I had it back, I would have definitely gone to A&M for social/atmospheric reasons and triple roomed with my 2 good friends from HS -- though I would have profited far less. My Texas 5-A+ valedictorian free tuition waiver was only good for Texas public state schools. I also didn't want to go to UT Austin because I frankly despise UT and also calculated that I would have actually gone in the hole by $2k over a three-year period (that would have had to have been paid by loans since my mom is dead broke and I have no father). Texas Tech is just too remote and out of the way. At least UNT is up I-35. UNT seemed like a good place from the start because it was far away from my HS in SA and they offered by far the best financial aid package. Going to school for free is one thing, but profiting by as much as I have has been such an accomplishment personally for me that I can't really complain too much.
Is this shit for real?

Kool Bob Love
12-04-2015, 02:43 AM
Guitardude.:toast

12-04-2015, 02:59 AM
Is this shit for real?
:lmao

apalisoc_9
12-04-2015, 03:17 AM
The Spurs defense is not Way better than warriors. The warriors are best at defending faster paced games and the spurs are best at defending the slower paced games. Maybe the spurs are slighly better...

But the warriors is one of the best defensive teams in the league

Spurtacular
12-04-2015, 03:18 AM
If Curry goes off on Kawhi then you just tip your hat tbh. Ain't no one beating the dubs if Kawhi can't contain him.

Already making excuses, eh.

ajh18
12-04-2015, 03:33 AM
The Spurs defense is not Way better than warriors. The warriors are best at defending faster paced games and the spurs are best at defending the slower paced games. Maybe the spurs are slighly better...

But the warriors is one of the best defensive teams in the league

On a simple per-possession basis the Spurs are much better right now.

The Spurs' points/100 possessions is right at 92 (1st). The Warriors are right at 97 (5th). Those numbers account for pace. (These are ESPN, slightly different numbers depending on the source and when they were updated http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/teamstats/_/sort/defensiveEff)

In context, the 5 point/100 possessions difference between SA (#1) and GS (#5) is the same difference as between GS (#5) and Washington at 102 (#20).

Now it's possible that the teams we have played are simply worse teams at scoring efficiency/100 possessions, and that's affecting the results. But based on the numbers, right now we are much better defensively.

Uriel
12-04-2015, 07:15 AM
168 IQ,

You turned down Princeton for UNT? Are you for real? :lmao

Doesn't matter how much better the financial aid package you got at UNT is. You don't turn down an elite Ivy League school for a low-ranking in-state public university.

mookie2001
12-04-2015, 07:54 AM
Relax with the UNT stuff dude lol

lefty20
12-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Already making excuses, eh.

How is that an excuse? If their best beats our best, u simply gotta tip ur hat and try to do better the next time. Not unlike the good D better O scenario.

Spurtacular
12-04-2015, 08:21 AM
How is that an excuse? If their best beats our best, u simply gotta tip ur hat and try to do better the next time. Not unlike the good D better O scenario.

Excusing Curry outshining DPOY in advance; seems a bit weak to me coming from him.

jhfenton
12-04-2015, 09:22 AM

Doesn't matter how much better the financial aid package you got at UNT is. You don't turn down an elite Ivy League school for a low-ranking in-state public university.

It was only Princeton. It's not like he got into a real Ivy like Harvard. :clap

Raven
12-04-2015, 09:27 AM

it should actually be green to defend him. he has shown he is the better one at it for the most part. Neither can guard him for the whole game though, it has to be a duo effort to pick him up after the other one gets screened. I can guess that isolate one of the two during the set to screen the other one and get curry against anyone other than those two, is going to be the matchup adjustment the warriors will do if they will have to.

100%duncan
12-04-2015, 09:52 AM

You forgot to log off your account earlier 4th floor info comms. Got tempted to post a troll thread tbh...

UNT Eagles 2016
12-04-2015, 10:28 AM

UNT has a business analytics degree which is offered at very few universities and is in very high corporate demand (business intelligence, etc) so don't kid yourself. Sure it's considered average overall, but that's mostly due to the low tier graduate school, the lack of a good science college (it's the "college of arts and sciences" and the math and science classes just aren't that good here), middling engineering college, and perennially bad athletics bring it down. The college of business is pretty awesome and the building (which I'm posting from) is brand new (finished in 2011), state of the art, and better than the other business buildings in the big Texas schools because alumni that graduate from our business program are very successful.

SsKSpurs21
12-04-2015, 10:40 AM
we need david west to hipcheck curry into the scorers table

lefty20
12-04-2015, 11:08 AM
we need david west to hipcheck curry into the scorers table

Leading to Draymond and AI's suspension, I like this plan.

Lostwingman
12-04-2015, 12:25 PM
Excusing Curry outshining DPOY in advance; seems a bit weak to me coming from him.

Man, you're soo eternally butthurt you really can't see what he's saying?

UNT Eagles 2016
12-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Leading to Draymond and AI's suspension, I like this plan.
yeah, that'd be a good tradeout, I could sure see Draymond doing that and that would fluster Curry getting knocked on his ass like that

Arcadian
12-04-2015, 03:12 PM
you can't really win if you're smart and male

You need to find the "sapiosexual" girls...they do exist.

jhfenton
12-04-2015, 03:39 PM
You know where the girls aren't intimidated by smart guys? Ivy League schools.

You missed your chance.

jhfenton, Harvard '92, Duke Law '94

AFMadison
12-04-2015, 03:42 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3VcZCpjQJa8

Brazil
12-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Princeton ? nah... I'd rather go to UNT

ParadoxEN
12-04-2015, 04:03 PM
168 IQ,

In 2001, Princeton became the first university to offer every aid recipient a financial aid package that replaces loans with grant aid that students do not pay back.

An average grant of over $46,000 for the Class of 2019: In 2014-15 the average aid grant covered 100% of tuition for freshmen receiving financial aid.

83% of recent seniors graduated debt free: Princeton's no loan policy has made it possible for most students to graduate with no debt. For seniors who borrowed, the average total indebtedness at graduation was $6,600.

Lol brah, if you were really that poor, you cant do much better than Princeton, tbh

UNT has a business analytics degree which is offered at very few universities and is in very high corporate demand (business intelligence, etc) so don't kid yourself. Sure it's considered average overall, but that's mostly due to the low tier graduate school, the lack of a good science college (it's the "college of arts and sciences" and the math and science classes just aren't that good here), middling engineering college, and perennially bad athletics bring it down. The college of business is pretty awesome and the building (which I'm posting from) is brand new (finished in 2011), state of the art, and better than the other business buildings in the big Texas schools because alumni that graduate from our business program are very successful.

"business analytics" lol

if its offered at very few universities, very few people are going to know about it.

You think some company is gonna turn down Ivy grads because their school didnt offer "business analytics"?

From Downtown
12-04-2015, 04:03 PM
Hopefully in June it will feel like the end of 2004-2005

UNT Eagles 2016
12-04-2015, 06:08 PM
You know where the girls aren't intimidated by smart guys? Ivy League schools.

You missed your chance.

jhfenton, Harvard '92, Duke Law '94
Do they even have girls there? Or are those primarily male dominated with 95% of the females ugly, dorky, and androgynous.?

UNT Eagles 2016
12-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Lol brah, if you were really that poor, you cant do much better than Princeton, tbh

"business analytics" lol

if its offered at very few universities, very few people are going to know about it.

You think some company is gonna turn down Ivy grads because their school didnt offer "business analytics"?

Tuition... perhaps. But you've got to take into account a lot of other things besides tuition going to a place like that... rent is going to be up the ass expensive, food more expensive in NJ than TX, and heavy logistics expenses as well.

Uriel
12-04-2015, 07:22 PM
You forgot to log off your account earlier 4th floor info comms. Got tempted to post a troll thread tbh...
Damn, you were there too? :lol

Spurtacular
12-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Man, you're soo eternally butthurt you really can't see what he's saying?

Just throwing sh** against the wall and hoping something sticks....

jhfenton
12-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Do they even have girls there? Or are those primarily male dominated with 95% of the females ugly, dorky, and androgynous.?
My 1992 class was about 45% women, smart, sexy Harvard-Radcliffe women. And there's always all-female Wellesley College nearby if you want to branch out.

Cry Havoc
12-05-2015, 02:21 AM
and perennially bad athletics bring it down.

What the fuck is this tripe?

There is not a single academic institution worth it's salt in the WORLD that gives two shits about the quality of your athletic program (other than, you know, as a way to fund research). You think a Harvard degree is trash because they suck at sports? You think a Michigan State degree matters more because of Tom Fucking Izzo?

For someone so open about how "wicked smaht" he is, you clearly have a very flawed idea of the educational system. Academia and sports might as well be on different planets for how much they influence each other.

mookie2001
12-05-2015, 04:55 AM
Worst thread ever

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 05:24 AM
My 1992 class was about 45% women, smart, sexy Harvard-Radcliffe women. And there's always all-female Wellesley College nearby if you want to branch out.

Hell there's an all female college nearby here in Denton, but everyone knows it's a bunch of uggos, feminazis and androgynous types/lesbians (none of which mutually exclusive).

To be sapiosexual is a good thing, but the problem is that the females who are that way are almost always (at least socially) ultra left wing and -- even worse -- are often bisexual, which grosses me out to no end. Even the ones that aren't bi are likely to be weird and "alternative" and/or "hipster". I need an old fashioned kind of girl to be faithful to me. I'm not into religion but I could live with that as long as she loves me more than any deity or character in some multi-millennia old novel.

SouthernFried
12-05-2015, 09:00 AM
The most successful people I know...didn't even go to college.

College is for the average Joe, like me. Your success is more determined by what you do outside of college. Unless you wanna be President of the US. Then which college you went to is ALL that matters.

Venti Quattro
12-05-2015, 09:11 AM
The Warriors are not like the 2004-05 Suns.

They play on both ends of the floor, they just got off a championship and are playing at a blistering pace after those cunts from the Clippers gave them fuel to torch the league

While there are similarities, it's very, very weak at best.

Gagnrath
12-05-2015, 12:14 PM
What the fuck is this tripe?

There is not a single academic institution worth it's salt in the WORLD that gives two shits about the quality of your athletic program (other than, you know, as a way to fund research). You think a Harvard degree is trash because they suck at sports? You think a Michigan State degree matters more because of Tom Fucking Izzo?

For someone so open about how "wicked smaht" he is, you clearly have a very flawed idea of the educational system. Academia and sports might as well be on different planets for how much they influence each other.

To some extent I disagree, having a fairly successful athletic program is a way of keeping alumni donations up which does matter, when it comes to things like on campus amenities, and dorms as well as various other facilities. For your truly top elite academic schools its not a big deal but it can make a big difference for many mid sized universities and some smaller schools. It is also useful in keeping public awareness of your university up. Between two qualified candidates for a job the one who went to a bigger name uni will often get a nod from the HR interviewer.

I do agree that in alot of cases you don't see a huge amount of day to day interaction between the athletic department and the academic side at many schools at others you do. Lots of smaller colleges have classes that are taught at least in part by coaches or have coaches stand as speakers or interview pieces for communications, media and various development degrees as well.

Gagnrath
12-05-2015, 12:22 PM
I guess you could be referring to the bible as a multi millennial old novel but to argue that its multi millennial is tough considering the way it was reformed and revised. Its also far more of an anthology than a novel. If you can cite a single novel more than 1000 years old please do because I'd like to know about it. I'd honestly really like to know of a novel before about 1475 a.d. honestly.

Stabula
12-05-2015, 01:02 PM
You need to find the "sapiosexual" girls...they do exist.

Have you ever had shit jammed straight down your dick

resistanze
12-05-2015, 01:10 PM

You need need to translate that e-confidence into RL, you god damned omega. Stop making excuses for why you can't get pussy.

littlecoyotecoin
12-05-2015, 01:46 PM
168 IQ,

Pleased to meet you. Do you mind me askng which IQ test served as the basis?

Cry Havoc
12-05-2015, 01:46 PM
To some extent I disagree, having a fairly successful athletic program is a way of keeping alumni donations up which does matter, when it comes to things like on campus amenities, and dorms as well as various other facilities. For your truly top elite academic schools its not a big deal but it can make a big difference for many mid sized universities and some smaller schools. It is also useful in keeping public awareness of your university up.

I do agree that in alot of cases you don't see a huge amount of day to day interaction between the athletic department and the academic side at many schools at others you do. Lots of smaller colleges have classes that are taught at least in part by coaches or have coaches stand as speakers or interview pieces for communications, media and various development degrees as well.

I did put a piece in there about funding research, should have opened it to a more general "funding", though.

Look at the top schools:

Harvard. Shit at sports.
Princeton. Shit at sports
Yale.
Columbia.
Stanford -- good at sports
UChicago
MIT - loooool
Duke - good at sports

I mean, the idea that sports has ANY impact on the standing that you'll have when you choose to get a job is bogus. Unless you're lucky enough to be interviewed by someone who had the same alma mater as you, even suggesting it is silly. The working world at large does not care about the quality of a sports team, for fuck's sake.

If there were ANY correlation between athletic achievement and reputation in the job market, you would either A) see terrible schools like Michigan State and LSU shooting *way* up in the rankings, or B) you'd see the elites making a move to improve their sports competition. It doesn't happen, and it won't happen, because again, they don't matter. There's no way I can put this more clearly.

Between two qualified candidates for a job the one who went to a bigger name uni will often get a nod from the HR interviewer.

Incredibly wrong. If you put two candidates on a business application, and one of them went to Ohio State, and the other to Columbia, all things being equal the OSU grad's resume is going in the trash as soon as they see those words. That despite OSU being much more well-known throughout the country. I realize this is a sports website where we all love to come and shoot the shit but the real world just doesn't work that way. Turning down Princeton (recently ranked as #1 in the country) for any school that isn't considered elite tier is just fucking stupid. You can make contacts in 4 years at Princeton that would take a lifetime to achieve through other teams. I think the OP is full of it.

Gagnrath
12-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Havoc Columbia is in a different league academically than Ohio state. But lets use for example someone who went to say Case Western Versus Ohio State your average hr person will often times have never heard of it even though Case Western is an arguable better school academically.

Shastafarian
12-05-2015, 05:47 PM
Princeton ? nah... I'd rather go to UNT

Seems like a perfect entry for a reddit thread maybe in TIFU: "TIFU - Turned down #1 and #16 undergrad programs to stay near I-35, non-liberal girls"

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Seems like a perfect entry for a reddit thread maybe in TIFU: "TIFU - Turned down #1 and #16 undergrad programs to stay near I-35, non-liberal girls"
And yet I ended up surrounded by libs anyway. Go figure.

#ShouldHaveGoneToA&M ........... I will regret that decision for a long time; regardless of the reduced profit, I would have had a MUCH better social experience, and no matter what older overly practical people might say, you're only young once and you're only in college once. I screwed the pooch with my decision in terms of social happiness. Practicality wise, however, my decision is still making perfect sense.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Pleased to meet you. Do you mind me askng which IQ test served as the basis?
3rd grade and 8th grade, in-school, given to me both times by counselors with master's degrees certified to administer the exam. Received 169 on one and 167 on the second, split the difference.

mookie2001
12-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Wow. Total implosion

Nothing left to lose now I guess

Gagnrath
12-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Havoc Columbia is in a different league academically than Ohio state. But lets use for example someone who went to say Case Western Versus Ohio State your average hr person will often times have never heard of it even though Case Western is an arguable better school academically. I also wasn't particularly clear in that I meant between fairly evenly qualified candidates. I have been passed over in personal experience for having a degree from a little known institution versus having one from a well known nationally publicized school. I have also from talking with various HR people been told that they generally favor candidates with credentials from "schools I have heard of" now I'm not certain how true this is outside of mid level positions but entry and lower middle managemen it holds tru.

littlecoyotecoin
12-06-2015, 11:46 AM
3rd grade and 8th grade, in-school, given to me both times by counselors with master's degrees certified to administer the exam. Received 169 on one and 167 on the second, split the difference.

You having an IQ higher than Einstein and Hawking, you may find it interesting that Wechsler and Mensa scales don't go that high for children. I am not as smart as you are, but I am definitely curious and interested when meeting someone in such an extreme alpha. You are a freak of nature, and are definitely wasting your talents on this board. Your IQ also makes some of your educational decisions and opinions very bizarre, as Hawking doesn't sound like this. But, it could be that once you become significantly smarter than Hawking and Einstein, you just come full circle and begin to sound like the other end of the bell curve. I don't know.

But, if an elementary school and middle school counselor told you this, it must be true. I've met a bunch of them, and by golly they're among the most technically competent people I've ever met.

I'm sure this gal was given the test by her counselor at her elementary school.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/12-year-old-aces-mensa-iq-test-beating-scores-einstein-hawking-1518709

Test maxes out at 162. Wechsler for children no good above 160. So, which exam did you take as a child that placed you at 168 becomes interesting. I am not an IQ expert.

Agloco
12-06-2015, 11:55 AM
You having an IQ higher than Einstein and Hawking, you may find it interesting that Wechsler and Mensa scales don't go that high for children. I am not as smart as you are, but I am definitely curious and interested when meeting someone in such an extreme alpha. You are a freak of nature, and are definitely wasting your talents on this board. Your IQ also makes some of your educational decisions and opinions very bizarre, as Hawking doesn't sound like this. But, it could be that once you become significantly smarter than Hawking and Einstein, you just come full circle and begin to sound like the other end of the bell curve. I don't know.

But, if an elementary school and middle school counselor told you this, it must be true. I've met a bunch of them, and by golly their among the most technically competent people I've ever met.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/12-year-old-aces-mensa-iq-test-beating-scores-einstein-hawking-1518709

Test maxes out at 162. Wechsler for children no good above 160. So, which exam did you take as a child that placed you at 168 becomes interesting. I am not an IQ expert.

We should be grateful that he's blessed us with his presence tbh.

Do tell tho. I'd like to hear some thoughts on mathematics and science from a mind like this.

playbonner15
12-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Fuck you guys whyd this derailed into a college thread

Lostwingman
12-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Fuck you guys whyd this derailed into a college thread

Usual dick stroking of someone with a high IQ test from childhood.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-06-2015, 04:33 PM

But, if an elementary school and middle school counselor told you this, it must be true. I've met a bunch of them, and by golly they're among the most technically competent people I've ever met.

168 isn't smarter than Hawking, Einstein, Condoleeza Rice, Nathan Leopold etc. They're all closer to 200

Richie
12-06-2015, 04:46 PM
This whole thread belongs in r/iamverysmart (https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart)

mookie2001
12-06-2015, 05:04 PM
This thread might single-handedly bring down Spurstalk.

Never seen anything like it before

Richie
12-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Also, the only thing I can think about whenever anyone talks about how smart they are and how high their IQ is

http://i.imgur.com/i6GN9vDh.jpg

ajh18
12-06-2015, 05:30 PM
168 isn't smarter than Hawking, Einstein, Condoleeza Rice, Nathan Leopold etc. They're all closer to 200

This is simply not true.

Hawking's is 160. Einstein never took the test, but is also estimated to be around 160. Charles Darwin's IQ is estimated to be 165, and Bobby Fischer's is reportedly 187: http://www.refinery29.com/girl-beats-einstein-iq-test

Rice in her autobiography reports having an IQ of 136: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/13/books/13book.html?_r=0

Those are just a couple of citations, there are lots of results when you search those folks' names and IQs.

Canyonero
12-06-2015, 06:08 PM
OP you should use your IQ to find a cure for AIDS or world hunger.

UNT Eagles 2016
12-06-2015, 06:25 PM
OP you should use your IQ to find a cure for AIDS or world hunger.
Not really too big of a science person, tbh

nowitzkikopf
12-06-2015, 07:43 PM

This is simply not true.

Hawking's is 160. Einstein never took the test, but is also estimated to be around 160. Charles Darwin's IQ is estimated to be 165, and Bobby Fischer's is reportedly 187: http://www.refinery29.com/girl-beats-einstein-iq-test

Rice in her autobiography reports having an IQ of 136: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/13/books/13book.html?_r=0

Those are just a couple of citations, there are lots of results when you search those folks' names and IQs.

please tell me which scale you are using that has scores greater than 180.

I'm assuming your elementary schools gave you the WISC, which tops out around 160 (it's an ordinal scale, with 160 being the .01%)

There is one WISC (WISC-IV) that goes up to 210, but this is if you add up each subsection of the test individually. This test is administered very rarely, typically by the NAGC for very exceptional kids.

The Stanford-Binet tops out at 160/164, depending on form- unless you took a really dated SB

The Woodcock Johnson would not report a score above 160, would just show a report as >160 (impossible to place a numerical value such as 167 or 169)

The Kaufman Assesement has no true max score, but its norm is a 100 with a SD of 15. Your score of 170 (lets give you a few more points), would mean you scored about 4.6 SDs above norm. If you did this, Pearson Clinical (the entity that administers the Kaufman) would have to consider rewriting the test.

The Differential Ability Scales can have a possible score of 175/180 (I think), but this would again make the 200 scores impossible.

i'm truly curious (i'm a medical student, so this is somewhat relevant)- what test did your school use?

UNT Eagles 2016
12-06-2015, 08:07 PM
please tell me which scale you are using that has scores greater than 180.

I'm assuming your elementary schools gave you the WISC, which tops out around 160 (it's an ordinal scale, with 160 being the .01%)

There is one WISC (WISC-IV) that goes up to 210, but this is if you add up each subsection of the test individually. This test is administered very rarely, typically by the NAGC for very exceptional kids.

The Stanford-Binet tops out at 160/164, depending on form- unless you took a really dated SB

The Woodcock Johnson would not report a score above 160, would just show a report as >160 (impossible to place a numerical value such as 167 or 169)

The Kaufman Assesement has no true max score, but its norm is a 100 with a SD of 15. Your score of 170 (lets give you a few more points), would mean you scored about 4.6 SDs above norm. If you did this, Pearson Clinical (the entity that administers the Kaufman) would have to consider rewriting the test.

The Differential Ability Scales can have a possible score of 175/180 (I think), but this would again make the 200 scores impossible.

i'm truly curious (i'm a medical student, so this is somewhat relevant)- what test did your school use?
I was a little boy, don't remember. And I can't retrieve the records unfortunately because my mom had me going to school under the wrong last name at the time

Shastafarian
12-06-2015, 08:14 PM
I was a little boy, don't remember. And I can't retrieve the records unfortunately because my mom had me going to school under the wrong last name at the time

:lol You must take after your dad then huh? You think it's at all possible the adults told you a fib to make you feel smarter?

FuzzyLumpkins
12-07-2015, 01:05 AM

playbonner15
12-07-2015, 04:07 AM
Thanks OP. I ddnt know there's could be a worse thread than Apalisoc's