PDA

View Full Version : I'm relieved....

exstatic
09-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Read an interesting tidbit today: The three political Bushes are all different religions. Pop is Episcopalian, Shrub is Methodist (no surprise there), and Jeb is a converted Catholic. The fundamentalists will never flock to the polls to support a Papist. We are spared another Bush Presidency, at least until the drunken generation reaches 35.

Spurminator
09-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Don't be so sure, they said the same thing about a divorcee and a former cokehead.

I don't think Jeb will ever run anyway, so I doubt we have anything to worry about.

Ocotillo
09-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Hey! I'm a Methodist!

Yeah, I knew Dear Leader was a Methodist but he really is more non-denom mega church like in his approach.

exstatic
09-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Don't be so sure, they said the same thing about a divorcee and a former cokehead.

I don't think Jeb will ever run anyway, so I doubt we have anything to worry about.

Hey, there has already BEEN a Catholic President. I'm just saying that the Fundamentalist base won't sell out for a Catholic the way they did for Shrub.

Vashner
09-19-2005, 09:03 PM
There is only one thing Keep Jeb off the throne... his decision..

If Jeb wanted the pimp stick he could have it...

The thing about Jeb is ... if you make a ticket with him almost any right winger is gonna pick him over any of the left loozers like Hillary or Kerry...

Maybe Cindy Sheehan can win? I don't know...

Ok Jeb could loose.. but it would be close...
Depends on how many Busses the Neolib's fill on voting day.

scott
09-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Jeb makes Dubya look like Stephen Hawking... I'm not too worried.

Nbadan
09-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Jeb makes Dubya look like Stephen Hawking... I'm not too worried.

:lol

Isn't Jeb supposed to be the smarter of the two?

Don't be so sure Jeb won't run and win the nomination. The Neocons aren't gonna hand over power that easily. If Hillary runs, I fully expect a Jeb/Rice ticket.

Ocotillo
09-20-2005, 09:21 PM
There hasn't been a presidential election since 1980 that has not had either a Bush or Clinton on the tickets. Can't the parties come up with someone new?

spurster
09-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Fundamentalists have quite a bit in common with Catholics: abortion, stem cells, religion in schools, anti-gay, keeping women in their place. You had some bishops wanting to excommunicate Kerry. I don't think supporting a Catholic is a big step here especially with a conservative Pope.

T Park.
09-20-2005, 10:30 PM
I pray to SATAN

exstatic
09-20-2005, 10:37 PM
Fundamentalists have quite a bit in common with Catholics: abortion, stem cells, religion in schools, anti-gay, keeping women in their place. You had some bishops wanting to excommunicate Kerry. I don't think supporting a Catholic is a big step here especially with a conservative Pope.

Again, I'm not saying that he won't get "support" from some, or even a lot fundys. If Dubyah had gotten "support", he would have lost. They sold out for Dubyah, getting every Granny and her spinster sister out to the polls and squeeking out a win.

The Sunnis and the Shi'ites have quite a bit in common, too, and they kill each other daily. Funny how when one group considers the others heretics, everything else kinda goes out the window. Old prejudices run deep.

whottt
09-20-2005, 11:12 PM
I won't vote for Jeb unless he's running against...well 90% of the potential Democratic Candidates.

Ahh fuck it. I hope he doesn't run. It's getting too much like a monarchy.

Vashner
09-20-2005, 11:40 PM
If the DNC's message is "I hate republicans and all they stand for"..

I am sorry but your not going to win any elections that way...

Go watch west wing.. it's as close as your going to get till 2016...

bigzak25
09-20-2005, 11:42 PM
put up more spineless idiots like gore or kerry and it won't matter who the conservatives pick...and :lmao if you really think hillary has a chance...

what happened to guliani...is he out for sure? and i'd vote for Condi for PRESIDENT if I had the chance...she would bitchslap hillary back to arkansas...:tu

oh and major credit to you for giving the American people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to picking the best man for the job...i was raised catholic, but i don't like the church...it's too ceremonial...my preference is Baptist. I might run one day too...i can't wait to piss of the libs...:tu