PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi got better at interviews :wow:

12-04-2015, 02:17 PM
gDV9aC6QGmY

Just last year he couldn't go two or three words without saying "Um", now he's giving articulate, well thought out answers In post game interviews.

Did he get a speech coach or do you think he's just more comfortable around the media now? 🤔

GSH
12-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Take the average 23-year old. Put them on national television, and ask them some inane question that requires them to respond instantly, and say something profound in 10 seconds or less. I'm just guessing here, but pretty sure the huge majority of them would fail pretty miserably.

Kawhi has grown a lot, on the court as well as in interviews. He's getting used to the idea that he's the best player on a really good team. He's got several guys around him who are recognized leaders, so he has time to grow into that role. I'd say he's doing things just about right.

TheDoctor
12-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Take the average 23-year old. Put them on national television, and ask them some inane question that requires them to respond instantly, and say something profound in 10 seconds or less. I'm just guessing here, but pretty sure the huge majority of them would fail pretty miserably.

Kawhi has grown a lot, on the court as well as in interviews. He's getting used to the idea that he's the best player on a really good team. He's got several guys around him who are recognized leaders, so he has time to grow into that role. I'd say he's doing things just about right.

tmtcsc
12-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Strange. Everyone knows he don't do media.

rmt
12-04-2015, 03:57 PM
I read somewhere that in SAS, they work on the whole person. So if someone is lacking in grammar, speaking skills, etc, they help them with that too. It's no wonder people are willing to take less to play in SA now, helps make you a better all-round (not just on the court) person.

dabom
12-04-2015, 04:01 PM
Strange. Everyone knows he don't do media.

:lol

Aztecfan03
12-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Terrible example. He said "uhh" many many times in that short interview.

12-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Much better, especially answering the last couple questions, than any interview I'd seen him do before. I wasn't saying he a world renowned public speaker now or something, but much improved.

Othyus Lalanne
12-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Players don't benefit from speaking to the media. I cannot find the source but he was misqouted about the MVP thing. Glad to see him smiling more. Keep the lips sealed Kawhi.

SPURt
12-05-2015, 07:47 AM
Sager was trying hard to get Kawhi to bite on the GSW questions but Kawhi wasn't playing that game.

hitmanyr2k
12-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Sager was trying hard to get Kawhi to bite on the GSW questions but Kawhi wasn't playing that game.

Kawhi should have canned answers ready to go any time an interviewer tries to bring up Golden State.

"How do you feel about the Warriors? Do you think the Spurs are the better team?"

Answer: We can't focus on other teams. We have to worry about our season and continue to get better.

"Are the Spurs flying under the radar?"

Answer: When do the Spurs not fly under the radar? (and say it with a smile lol)

Venti Quattro
12-05-2015, 09:09 AM
He's doing what a multi-millionaire athlete should do, which is to use the money they earn to educate themselves further

Kikoluna
12-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Give him a break. He's not applying to Harvard Law here

Aztecfan03
12-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Give him a break. He's not applying to Harvard Law here
Im just saying there isn't much improvement so the thread is pointless

bic50
12-05-2015, 12:12 PM
Im just saying there isn't much improvement so the thread is pointless

I believe tim says "uhh" a bunch during interviews also. It could be they are processing what to say before they say it to avoid saying the wrong thing.

Boomersgold
12-05-2015, 01:26 PM
A lot of 'uuhhs' and 'you knows', but he's definitely improved.

spurraider21
12-05-2015, 01:38 PM
are you implying he wasn't saying "uh" a lot in this interview? :lol