PDA

View Full Version : Imaginary trade

DAF86
12-04-2015, 07:05 PM
I know this won't happen but just go with it and play along.

Pelicans get Lamarcus Aldridge and David West

Spurs get Ryan Anderson and Omer Asik.

Who gets better? Who gets worse? Could it work both ways?

RD2191
12-04-2015, 07:21 PM
:corn:

testies
12-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Spurs get Belinelli and Splitter

Spurs get much better and you know it..

K...
12-04-2015, 07:29 PM
do you hate defense?

Robz4000
12-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Spurs become first round fodder immediately.

DAF86
12-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Spurs become first round fodder immediately.

Why? Could you provide some sort of analysis?

Robz4000
12-04-2015, 07:45 PM
Why? Could you provide some sort of analysis?

Both Asik and Anderson are notorious playoff chokers. Anderson had one good game in his postseason career (Game 3 last year iirc) and otherwise has been Bonner-like with the Magic and Pels. Asik's defense has fallen off a cliff since he joined NOLA and has no offensive game to speak of; Splitter was an elite PnR player, passer, and screen setter which allowed him to thrive with Manu, Tony, and even Tim.

spurtech09
12-04-2015, 07:48 PM
This is a joke right?

Uriel
12-04-2015, 08:00 PM
They get better and we get worse.

DMC
12-04-2015, 08:02 PM

Pelicans get Lamarcus Aldridge and David West

Spurs get Ryan Anderson and Omer Asik.

You get a brain and lose 200lbs

The other person gets a speech impediment and a hair lip.

Who wins?

GSH
12-04-2015, 08:05 PM

Who wins?

So I'm thinking that means you're negative on the whole trade thing?

DMC
12-04-2015, 08:08 PM
So I'm thinking that means you're negative on the whole trade thing?

I'm the best 3 initial guy here and you're fuckin' jealous. Get over it.

GSH
12-04-2015, 08:25 PM
I'm the best 3 initial guy here and you're fuckin' jealous. Get over it.

LOL. With all the goofy shit that gets (seriously) posted here, I can understand why you missed what I was saying. PM sent. No harm, no foul.

The fact that someone proposed this trade, and was serious about it? I just don't have the words.

r0drig0lac
12-04-2015, 08:34 PM
It is on Kawhi for Beal and Ariza?

Kikoluna
12-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Wow..I post my my kobe to spurs idea and get killed. ..yet, this guy goes without a scratch. Wtf

RD2191
12-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Wow..I post my my kobe to spurs idea and get killed. ..yet, this guy goes without a scratch. Wtf

:lol

Mr. Body
12-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Good Christ.

Brazil
12-04-2015, 09:13 PM

:lol tbh...

Agloco
12-04-2015, 10:52 PM
OP smoking that hocus pocus tbh.

jhfenton
12-04-2015, 11:04 PM
just go with it and play along.
No.

T Park
12-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Jesus F'ing Christ...

DrunkTXLabrat
12-05-2015, 03:50 AM
Tyson Chandler, Teletovic, and the rights to Bogdan.

nowitzkikopf
12-05-2015, 03:58 AM

Lakers get Kawhi Leonard

Spurs get Kobe Bryant (he still retires)

Cry Havoc
12-05-2015, 04:03 AM
:fishing

Darius Bieber
12-05-2015, 04:15 AM
Should at least get Anthony Davis tbh

Fireball
12-05-2015, 05:28 AM
OP deserves :nutkick:

DeRozan m8
12-05-2015, 05:59 AM

You started a Top 5 worst thread tbh

random21
12-05-2015, 09:05 AM
The fuck???????!!!

MVPCues
12-05-2015, 09:12 AM

That is because this trade idea is just terrible. Your thread made us want to vomit.

Seventyniner
12-05-2015, 09:57 AM
It might make Kawhi a top-2 fantasy player so there's that.

AFMadison
12-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Let's trade you for a quality poster

Mister Sinister
12-05-2015, 11:49 AM
It might make Kawhi a top-2 fantasy player so there's that.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/692/321/490.jpg

DAF86
12-05-2015, 07:36 PM
Both Asik and Anderson are notorious playoff chokers. Anderson had one good game in his postseason career (Game 3 last year iirc) and otherwise has been Bonner-like with the Magic and Pels. Asik's defense has fallen off a cliff since he joined NOLA and has no offensive game to speak of; Splitter was an elite PnR player, passer, and screen setter which allowed him to thrive with Manu, Tony, and even Tim.

And that would make us bad enough to not be able to beat even a team like the Jazz (or something along those lines)?

lilbthebasedgod
12-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Imaginary Trade three way trade
Matt Bonner and Ray McCallum for Lebron James and Steph Curry

Robz4000
12-05-2015, 07:51 PM
And that would make us bad enough to not be able to beat even a team like the Jazz (or something along those lines)?

Obviously they'd drop to a lower seed and play OKC/LAC or some such team. The defense would slip to average immediately after the trade and the offense would improve marginally.

DAF86
12-05-2015, 07:59 PM
I'm pulling for LMA to do well and I think he will eventually find a way to fit but I don't know why folks are acting like this would be such a terrible trade for the Spurs.

Anderson fits the Spurs like a glove: He is one of the best stretch 4's out there (if not the best), rebounds the ball well and is used to play off other people, he doesn't need to get post ups to be effective (although he can do it if you need him to) and Asik fits the second unit pretty damn well too: a defensive minded seven footer (no more turd towers) that knows how to play the pick and roll. They are also much younger than LMA and West too.

Tony, Green, Leonard, Anderson, Duncan.
Mills, Ginobili, Kyle, Diaw, Asik.

Fits better than what we have right now, tbh.

Look, I wouldn't do the trade either (mainly 'cause you can't trade folks that left a lot of millions on the table to play with your team) but don't act like this was some absurd trade idea that makes no sense at all. :lol

jag
12-05-2015, 08:02 PM
I say we trade Manu to the Westchester Knicks for Jimmer.

DAF86
12-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Obviously they'd drop to a lower seed and play OKC/LAC or some such team. The defense would slip to average immediately after the trade and the offense would improve marginally.

Trading Anderson for LMA would make the defense go from the best of the league to average? OK, I didn't know LMA was the second coming of Dikembe Mutombo and Ryan Anderson was the James Harden of PFs.:lol Besides, you are not counting the defensive improvement of getting a legit seven footer to prevent us from the turd towers of the bench.

Aaaand, nobody is taking the 2nd seed out of the Spurs, no matter what happens.

Mel_13
12-05-2015, 08:06 PM
Not an act. Absurd trade idea. Aldridge is, by far, the best player in that trade. In almost every significant trade, the team that winds up with the best player wins the trade. Plus Asik is just a lesser version of Splitter and Anderson is a more expensive version of 2009 Bonner.

DAF86
12-05-2015, 08:09 PM

Who wins?

Surely not me 'cause I'm already thin, losing weight wouldn't suit me, and having two brains would be almost as freakish as getting fat deformed hands, tbh.

SpursIndonesia
12-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Well, you have to consider that the Spurs focus is the post season, and in that round of competition, STAR POWER matters a lot. We are lucky enough that we actually can have two, in prime superstar playing for us in this occasion. I would put a lot more chance of being successful in the playoff with the 110% effort & fully incorporated LMA & DWest playing for us rather than having a more rounded team powered by role players (albeit high quality ones) around Kawhi Leonard.

Robz4000
12-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Trading Anderson for LMA would make the defense go from the best of the league to average? OK, I didn't know LMA was the second coming of Dikembe Mutombo and Ryan Anderson was the James Harden of PFs.:lol Besides, you are not counting the defensive improvement of getting a legit seven footer to prevent us from the turd towers of the bench.

Aaaand, nobody is taking the 2nd seed out of the Spurs, no matter what happens.

God damn your post reeks of gnsf tbh. We're 20 games into the season; seeding is far from determined at this point. Have you seen either play the past two seasons? Both were turnstiles on defense last night alone, and Asik offers nothing on offense to offset how far his D has fallen. Anderson is literally prime Bonner with a bit of a quicker (albeit less accurate) release, which is worse than being the "James Harden of PFs".

DAF86
12-05-2015, 08:43 PM
God damn your post reeks of gnsf tbh. We're 20 games into the season; seeding is far from determined at this point. Have you seen either play the past two seasons? Both were turnstiles on defense last night alone, and Asik offers nothing on offense to offset how far his D has fallen. Anderson is literally prime Bonner with a bit of a quicker (albeit less accurate) release, which is worse than being the "James Harden of PFs".

Saying Anderson is literally prime Bonner makes you sound ignorant son. Don't do it. Anderson isn't a one trick pony. In fact, he is one of the most well rounded PFs on offense. He shoots the three, he has a mid-range game, can post up, can put the ball on the floor and finishes well at the rim. And he's far from a liability on defense. Seriously, your "prime Bonner" comparisson makes me think you haven't watched much of Ryan Anderson, tbh.

Robz4000
12-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Saying Anderson is literally prime Bonner makes you sound ignorant son. Don't do it. Anderson isn't a one trick pony. In fact, he is one of the most well rounded PFs on offense. He shoots the three, he has a mid-range game, can post up, can put the ball on the floor and finishes well at the rim. And he's far from a liability on defense. Seriously, you "prime Bonner" comparisson makes me think you haven't watched much of Ryan Anderson, tbh.

You're calling him one of the most well-rounded PFs while the Spurs have a superior offensive PF on their roster you want to trade. Not only that, you want to include David West for another inferior player in Asik.

DAF86
12-05-2015, 08:58 PM
You're calling him one of the most well-rounded PFs while the Spurs have a superior offensive PF on their roster you want to trade. Not only that, you want to include David West for another inferior player in Asik.

He hasn't proved that with the Spurs yet, tbh. The team is still trying to figure out how to best utilize him without fucking up and the ball movement. i'm not saying Anderson is better offensively than LMA but he could be a better fit, tbh. Mainly because he knows how to be effective within the rythm of an offense and playing off other people.

DMC
12-05-2015, 10:50 PM
LOL. With all the goofy shit that gets (seriously) posted here, I can understand why you missed what I was saying. PM sent. No harm, no foul.

The fact that someone proposed this trade, and was serious about it? I just don't have the words.

I didn't, I was throwing out the same level assessment as the OP.

DMC
12-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Surely not me 'cause I'm already thin, losing weight wouldn't suit me, and having two brains would be almost as freakish as getting fat deformed hands, tbh.

Even if my hands are the size of Macy's Thanksgiving Day floats, my takes are better than yours.

DAF86
12-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Even if my hands are the size of Macy's Thanksgiving Day floats, my takes are better than yours.

They really aren't son.

DMC
12-05-2015, 11:02 PM
They really aren't son.

No they are. You don't see imaginary trade threads from me featuring our biggest free agent signing ever. Even the worst troll wouldn't be that desperate.

DAF86
12-05-2015, 11:04 PM
No they are. You don't see imaginary trade threads from me featuring our biggest free agent signing ever. Even the worst troll wouldn't be that desperate.

No, you call arguably the best player on the league an overrated chucker.

DMC
12-05-2015, 11:05 PM
No, you call arguably the best player on the league an overrated chucker.

Lebron James?

DAF86
12-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Lebron James?

No, the other arguable best player on the league.

DMC
12-05-2015, 11:09 PM
No, the other arguable best player on the league.

You got bukakked right away itt lol

DAF86
12-05-2015, 11:13 PM
You got bukakked right away itt lol

What!? :lol Dude, I'm seriously starting to think you have a delusional disorder.

DMC
12-06-2015, 12:10 AM
What!? :lol Dude, I'm seriously starting to think you have a delusional disorder.
Why, can you provide some sort of analysis?

DAF86
12-06-2015, 12:14 AM
Why, can you provide some sort of analysis?

Sure. You somehow imagining I got bukakked by your Lebron mention like I hadn't thought about him when I said Curry is arguably the best player on the league.

Spurs9
12-06-2015, 12:41 AM
This is probably the dumbest thread I've come across on this forum, it even trumps the stuff thread put out.

DAF86
12-06-2015, 12:57 AM
This is probably the dumbest thread I've come across on this forum, it even trumps the stuff thread put out.

That's because you haven't really paid attention to the meaning behind it, tbh.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-06-2015, 04:11 AM
Look, I wouldn't do the trade either (mainly 'cause you can't trade folks that left a lot of millions on the table to play with your team) but don't act like this was some absurd trade idea that makes no sense at all. :lol

It really is an absurd idea tbqh though.